DG is an art student and waitress who feels like the world she lives in just isn't the one she belongs to. Her bizarre dreams of a storm and a woman with lavender eyes plague her nightly. When four men attack her home during a tornado, she is separated from her parents when she gets transported to a magical world and slowly regains her memories of her true life and identity.
- The Chick: Emotional center of the party. Check. Not much of a fighter? Check.
- Expy: Of her ancestor Dorothy Gale, and Princess Ozma, the Princess of Oz who also had lost her memories.
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Tomboy Princess: Wearing jeans and leather and knowing how to fix a car are justified in that she was not raised as a princess at all once she had her memories wiped when she was sent to live on a Kansas farm.
- True Blue Femininity: Her diner outfit has the iconic blue and white gingham, and her regular clothes have a blue tank top and blue jeans. Her eyes are bright blue, and she is The Chick of the group.
Glitch a.k.a. Ambrose
Glitch had half his brain removed by Azkadelia for knowing too much, and ends up tied up in a cage by the Eastern Guild. DG helps get him out and he accompanies her on her quest to find her parents and to get the rest of his mind back while he, like her, slowly remembers how things used to be.
- Absent-Minded Professor: Well, if half your brain was in a jar in the Big Bad's lab, you'd be pretty absent-minded, too.
- Badass Bookworm: An inventor and the Queen's chief advisor. He can also take out a handful of Longcoats without breaking a sweat.
- Brain Theft: Azkadellia had half his brain removed and stuck in a jar so she would have unhindered access to his intellect to further her plans.
- Camp: Kinda comes with the actor, but he is magnificently, gloriously so.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: It's Cain and Glitch against a half-dozen of the Witch's Mooks. Cain takes out one and figures he'll have to fight the rest...Nope. Headcase dispatches most of them before Can can even react.
- Expy: Of the Scarecrow, naturally. He even has the same job in the Ozian court that the Scarecrow held in the novels.
- Gadgeteer Genius: He was the one who invented the image projector used on Cain, and the doomsday device at the center of Azkadelia's plan.
- The Good Chancellor: He was the Queen's chief adviser, court inventor, and her last line of defense - just like the books' Scarecrow.
- Mad Scientist: He did create a device that could hold a sun in place. He thought of it as a way to extend the growing season. Too bad the Big Bad had the idea to weaponize it.
- Mistaken For Criminal: Apparently, the lobotomy treatment he was given is used on incorrigible criminals. Cain treated Glitch like a convict (which Glitch protests loudly) until that portrait in the Ice Palace revealed the truth.
- Papa Wolf: Has shades of this towards DG. Shown especially towards the end of episode one, where he steps forwards and looks ready to jump in between DG and Azkadelia if he has to. Considering his ties to her mother, it wouldn't be too surprising if he knew the young princesses and thus the echoes of who he was before his head was messed with push him to be protective of DG.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Sensitive Guy to Cain's Manly Man.