The main team. A group of individuals with a yet-to-be-determined purpose, but a definite overall design.
- Anti-Hero Team: Their whole gimmick. Individually, you wouldn't really want to associate with any of them, but as a whole they balance each other out and become a well-rounded unit.
- Badass Crew
- Five-Man Band:
- The Leader: Joseph is the designated team leader/strategist and provides money and publicity. He's also easily the most charismatic teammate, despite his manipulative tendencies.
- The Lancer: Nekronis is the team's go-to tank and the least social of the bunch (even moreso than Hoshi). Despite having No Social Skills, he's probably the most morally-driven team member and is unfailingly honest. He also is the only member who doesn't follow Joseph out of loyalty, but in order to remain near his brother.
- Token Evil Teammate: CM is the most impulsive and violent team member, and always considers slaughter as the first option in a situation. Ironic, considering his status as the Fragile Speedster of the group.
- The Smart Guy: Hoshi has the most experience out of the group members and is the Only Sane Man on the team.
- The Heart: Matthew is this, as the one who brought everyone together and requires the group's guidance as he's brought up.
- Equippable Ally: Nox is this to Creaturemaster, as well as being the most childish team member.
- The Big Guy: Matchitehew is definitely this, being the only non-sentient team member and physically the strongest.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: Let's see. We have a manipulative celebrity werewolf, a grumpy human martial artist, a kind-hearted loner who happens to be a Shinigami, a batshit insane animal super-soldier, an orphaned child, an alien symbiote with the mindset of a toddler, and a sadistic cannibal spirit. Totally the kind of friend group you'd see every day.
- True Companions: Eventually.
- Undying Loyalty: For one reason or another, each team member is unfailingly loyal to Joseph, even if they don't always agree with him.
The first character introduced (though not necessarily the primary protagonist), Jubilee is formerly a denizen of our world who has found herself in an alternate, much larger version of the known universe. A gifted learner and passionate researcher with an extreme case of Skewed Priorities, Jubilee is a Mad Scientist through and through.
- The Ace: Her immense capacity for learning and compulsive need to gather information allows her to pick up nearly every skill and academic subject with lightning speed, and her brain holds a complex repertoire of knowledge she can access on the fly, provided she hasn't forgotten it. However, these same qualities positively crippled her social life in her home reality and rather disturb those around her even in the Known. There's a reason she considers the
The leader of the team and one of the Directors, Joseph Wolfe is a werewolf who uses charm and subtlety to get his way.
- Badass Bystander: That said, he'll almost always remain on the battlefield with his team, calling the shots from the sidelines and relying on his superhuman reflexes and agility to keep up with them and avoid damage.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Always dressed in sleek, fashionable clothing that comes with a tie marked by the Wolfe family's symbol.
- Charm Person: As a werewolf, Joseph can use pheromones to remotely enhance or repress a person's instincts. He uses this in conjunction with his natural charisma to fit this trope.
- Little Bit Beastly: Even when in his human disguise, his signature hairstyle hides pointed ears and his tail is restrained by a specialized buckle on the back of his suit's waistband.
- Mr. Fanservice: With the additional bonus of being able to enhance a person's sex drive to boost the effect he has on them.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: They can appear human, but retain their ears and tail. Their true form can only be fully manifested on the night of the full moon, and how much of it they can access otherwise depends on the current phase. They can manipulate a nearby person's instincts through pheromones and possess superhuman agility and reflexes even in human form, and their senses are more refined than a human or a wolf.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Despite his various lycanthropic abilities, he doesn't have much in the way of offensive powers, and thus prefers to leave the actual fighting to his team.
A member of the Beast Slayer Order and Joseph's personal bodyguard/mentor, Hoshi is a perpetually stern individual who is often stretched a bit thin by the team's antics.
- Badass Normal: The only pure human on the team, but still able to keep up through the use of the Beast Slayer Arts.
- Fantastic Fighting Style: The Beast Slayer Arts were taught to mankind by the Tengu long ago, and are specifically tailored to fight Therians. Characteristics of this style include an emphasis on dodging and waiting to strike until a weakpoint is exposed, and multiple variations exist. Hoshi uses the Charged Hand variation, which relies on channeling the body's entire momentum into a single point for superhumanly powerful strikes.
- No-Sell: Because of his training, Hoshi can resist most non-physical effects caused by certain Therians.
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: His silver sword isn't necessarily this, but Crescent definitely is.
- Damage Sponge: Essentially his role when cutting isn't required. His sword's enchantment only deals damage to certain enemies, and he can't manifest Crescent for very long, but his flashy Hellfire attacks and flight make him an excellent distraction that can tank pretty much anything thrown at him.
- Nigh Invulnerable: His cloak and wings are both nearly impervious to damage, and his Super Strength means that most blows won't even make him flinch.
- No-Sell: The Black Cloak makes him immune to all magical ailments, and as a Soul Taker he is immune to elemental attacks.
Nekronis's brother who became a wendigo after a plane crash killed his family. Constantly struggles to keep Matchitehew in check.
- Eldritch Abomination: An ancient spirit of cannibalism, sentient but driven solely by basic instinct and emotional impulses.