The Harem Games and its sequel, The Anointed Prophetess, both written by Jorge L. Carreras Jr. follow the story of Alex Dolorean and his Battle Harem as they fight for their lives, first in a tournament against other battle harems to the death, and in the sequel against the ruling council of the Goddess Empire run by a group of women naming themselves The Matriarchy in a world 200 years after some, as yet unidentified, pathogen nearly brought humanity to extinction by all but exterminating the male gender. As expected, males are viewed as little more than breeding stock, and women hold all the reigns of power and influence.
- Accidental Pervert: Reconstructed. There is absolutely nothing accidental or perverted about his actions, although they may sometimes appear to be.
- Adorkable: Silly, and a bit goofy, but his ladies find him absolutely endearing.
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Delivers one to Mercedes Oberhorn in the final chapters.
- Bathtub Bonding: His favorite past time. Not because he's a pervert, but because he genuinely likes getting close to his girls. Yes, he can appreciate the beauty of the naked female form without lusting after it. This is what causes his newest brides to fall for him in the second book.
- Beware the Nice Ones: He is officially listed, in universe, as the nicest guy in the world. He's not easy to provoke either, but should you succeed, the result is pure terror.
- Bullying a Dragon: Victim of this quite literally. The only reason he suffered a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown at the start of the story was because he was forbidden from fighting back.
- Chick Magnet: On both sides of the fourth wall, as listed on a female reviewer's blog.Alex is like no hero I've ever read about. I'm getting a small, imaginary crush on him.
- Childhood Friend Romance: All but two of the six women who become his brides at the start of the story were his childhood friends, and they all love him dearly because of it.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: He absolutely will not share his girls with anyone. Don't even suggest it. He makes this abundantly clear, and he manages to to be absolutely adorable to his girls in the process.
- Curtains Match The Windows: An unusual case in that his hair matches Shiatsu's eyes, and vice-versa, being a short-hand clue that they're meant to be together.
- D-Cup Distress: Has 44dd size breasts, and hates it.
- Dual Wielding: Lampshaded. He's got a double black belt in using twin swords.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Well, he is a very well-endowed hermaphrodite.
- Fluffy Tamer: Winds up befriending a pack of dire wolves, and a pack of velociraptors, simultaneously.
- Fighting Your Friend: He is forced to fight Tendo Akeneda in the finals. Neither of them is happy about it.
- Gag Boobs: They're 44dd.
- Gag Penis: He's well endowed down there too.
- Gainaxing: He really suffers from this which only serves to contribute to his D-Cup Distress.Those things jiggle, bounce, and shake in all sorts of distracting ways.
- Good People Have Good Sex: If there's one thing his brides all agree on, is that he's almost supernaturally gifted in the bedroom, and takes special care to make sure his girls enjoy it.
- Harem Seeker: In this world setting, a guy is a complete failure in life if he isn't.
- Hermaphrodite: Has got all the equipment of both genders.
- Heroic Bastard: His parents were never married. Since most children are conceived through artificial insemination in the world setting, this is not abnormal.
- Improbable Weapon User: He uses somebody's spine like a spear, and skewers two people with it at once.
- Insistent Terminology: Despite having a couple of former prostitutes in his harem, his girls are his brides, and he'll thank everyone to remember it.
- Magikarp Power: He begins the story with nothing but Speaks Fluent Animal, maybe Super Strength, by the end of Anointed Prophetess, he's blowing up cities.
- Manchild: Although he's 14 or 15 years old, he often acts like he's five. The girls consider this his most endearing feature.
- Marry Them All: Despite the lack of ceremony or fanfare, he is legally married to each and every one of his girls. In the world setting, until death do us part isn't exactly a long-term commitment anyway, but he still treasures his girls as if it was one, which everyone greatly appreciates.
- Polyamory: Actually strives for this. While he considers Vitriolic Best Buds rivalry the highest form of entertainment, he strives to make all members of his family True Companions to each other.
- Power Copying: He assimilates the powers of every girl with whose bodily fluids he comes into contact. Sex being the most effective method leading to...
- Preclimax Climax: Does this a lot! Justified by the above, and by the fact that his girls are predominantly the ones who proposition him.
- Purple Is Powerful: He has purple hair, and grows to be the most powerful character in the series.
- Rape by Proxy: Suffers this on at least three separate occasions. He is so traumatized that he winds up being unable to perform without suffering a mental breakdown, complete with screaming, crying and a Catapult Nightmare. Poor Shinobi. Fortunately, he gets better thanks to Atari.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: For bonus points, he actually roars! Winds up curbstomping 175 enemies, single-handedly in the process.
- Shapeshifter Baggage: Subverted. His first transformation into a dragon has him absorb the iron in his blood and from the ground, and changing back into a human caused a large amount of iron scales to fall off.
- Slavery Is a Special Kind of Evil: He genuinely believes this, and was taught by his mother about all the possible and historical abuses brought about by the slave system. Although he wants to abolish the system, he is legally unable to do so. When he finds himself as a slave owner, legally and ethically forbidden from freeing them, he strives for the next best thing. Making them so happy they WANT to serve at his side. He succeeds.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Can communicate with just about any animal.
- Surprise Incest: Winds up being married to his twin sister without prior knowledge. Neither of them cares, and neither does the rest of the harem.
- Thanks for the Mammaries: Has been on both ends of this. Being on the receiving end is one of the few things he likes about that enormous chest.
- Traumatic Superpower Awakening: He becomes a dragon for the first time as a result of his brides being brutalized before him, and him being raped by Ash's harem.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Purple in this case.
From Anointed Prophetess:
- Adoptive Peer Parent: Winds up treating a 13-year-old slave as his own adopted daughter. She greatly enjoys this. He also happily becomes the stepfather of Arcadia's three daughters, the oldest of which is 11.
- Army of Thieves and Whores: He winds up ruling one in order to fight the Matriarchy.
- Awesome Moment of Crowning: In the aftermath of the Matriach War, Alex is appointed the first ever Patriarch, for life.
- Badass in Distress: Briefly, as a result of being hit by shrapnel from an exploding bomber.
- Despair Event Horizon: Upon his mother's death.
- Distracted by the Sexy: When one of his wives winds up cosplaying in a Geisha outfit, and he sees it, his brain needs to reboot. Then he's awestruck by her beauty and has trouble thinking of anything else.
- Genetic Engineering Is the New Nuke: Quite literally.
- Handicapped Badass: Being confined to a wheelchair, and having surgical staples on his abdomen doesn't hamper him from destroying entire cities.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Lampshaded. His father is an alien.
- Incest Is Relative: He winds up married to his mother's sister-in-law who was once a fellow haremmete from a previous Battle Harem. In this case, she's the one who propositions him and then she's the one who freaks out, after the deed is done.
- Mr Sea Horse: Winds up carrying the children he conceived with Shiatsu. It's complicated.
- Papa Wolf: If you value your life, do not threaten one of his brides in his presence. While he sometimes can be talked down or show restraint where his Battle Harem is concerned, threatening a child in his sight will set him off immediately, and the results are never pretty.
- Pregnant Badass: Even far into the first trimester doesn't slow him down.
- Person of Mass Destruction: To end the war with the Matriarchy, he uses his powers to destroy their castle/bases with nuclear weapons.
- Rescue Romance: Though he doesn't remember it, thanks to his memories being altered, he won the affections of four out of six of his brides by rescuing them from horrific arranged marriages when they were all children.
- The Strategist: In addition to the vast array of super-powers he's managed to acumulate, he also has a keen strategic mind, which he uses to its utmost.
- Your Days Are Numbered: He's 15 in a world where males are lucky to reach 21.
Shiatsu:Alex's first bride in the story and the Dueteragonist of the first book, as well as the cover character of the second.
- A-Cup Angst: Really does not feel comfortable with the fact that her chest is the smallest of those in the harem, until Alex specifically points out that he likes her that way.
- BFS: Wields a sword almost as big as she is.
- Bifauxnen: She looks very good in a tuxedo.
- Bigger Is Better in Bed: She definitely thinks so.
- Boyish Short Hair: She wears her hair short, and she's very masculine.
- Bureaucratically Arranged Marriage: Is literally forced unto Alex as his bride at the start of the story by a government official, in the most horrific way imaginable.
- Close-Range Combatant: She fights up-close and personal, usually with a BFS.
- Curtains Match The Windows: Her hair matches Alex's eyes, and vice-versa, as a short-hand clue that they're meant for each other.
- Disposable Sex Worker: Is initially viewed this way by the government.
- Extra-ore-dinary: Summons her sword by drawing the iron out of her blood.
- First Girl Wins: She's Alex's first wife, and becomes his favorite.
- God Was My Copilot: Implied. Especially during her baptism, that she requests.
- Heroic Seductress: Lampshaded. She is the first of Alex's brides to seduce him.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: Even though she is a former prostitute, the trope applies.
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: With her clothes on, one could be forgiven for thinking she's a guy.
- Mystical White Hair: Silver to be precise.
- One-Handed Zweihänder: Wields a sword almost as big as she is one-handed, comfortably.
- Perfectly Arranged Marriage: Shiatsu falls madly in love with Alex anyway, and the feeling is mutual.
- Shrinking Violet: She is this until she grows comfortable with the harem, and her place in it. The rest of the harem thinks she is adorable at it.
From Anointed Prophetess:
- Characterization Marches On: When introduced, she's shy, professional, and maybe a bit snarky, but always carefully considers her actions. By the end of the second book, she's got a Hair-Trigger Temper, and little impulse control. Of course having memories of undergoing years of torture, and cruel experimentation suddenly surface all at once would be a major toll on anyone's sanity. It's amazing she took it as well as she did.
- Dark and Troubled Past: As a young child, she was kidnapped from her home, tortured, experimented on, had her memories altered, dumped on the streets as trash when they were done, and lastly, denied any form of honest employment forcing her into a life of crime to survive, all starting at the age of seven.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: She shows up on the cover of the second book in her "angel" form, and as can be noted, the design of her leg-wear is clearly asymmetrical.
- Winged Humanoid: In her angel mode.
Shinobi:Alex's second wife. She joined the Dolorean household as a slave, a Sex Slave to be precise, legally and duly appointed as Alex's toy before becoming Alex's bride for purposes of The Harem Games. Note that prior to entering Alex's service, she was on death row and a Fate Worse than Death, under the law, was what ultimately awaited her.
- The Archer: Alex crafts and gives her a bow and arrows during the story. She is exceptional in its use.
- Aren't You Going to Ravish Me?: To such high levels that she was actually distraught upon learning that another woman got to take Alex's virginity. What makes this believable is that the Dolorean family, Alex in particular, had been literally showering her with genuine, unconditional love and affection for four years prior to the start of the story.It's not fair that I spent years trying to get close to him, playing with him, laughing and crying with him, sharing a bath and a bed with him, and YOU get him first!
- Babies Ever After: Becomes pregnant with Alex's twins over the course of the story, and this makes her ecstatic.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: She falls for Alex, hard, because he treated her very kindly, despite the fact that she's his legally appointed Sex Slave.
- Enfante Terrible: She was on death row as child under 10-years-old, and ruled a particularly nasty street gang, The Street Scorpions prior to her imprisonment She outgrows this in the Dolorean home.
- Extra-ore-dinary: Like Shiatsu, she also summons weapons from the iron in her blood, but they are projectiles, like throwing knives.
- Friendly Enemy: With Shiatsu. This is a huge step up from how they used to treat each other, as bosses of rival street gangs.
- Happiness in Slavery: A combination of type A and type D. Alex sees her as family, and she is deeply grateful that the Dolorean family saved her from a Fate Worse than Death. The fact that Alex is genuinely very gentle and kind helps immensely.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: Her official slave outfit is leather, and it suits her since it provides protection without being too heavy or restrictive.
- Heroic Seductress: Bless her heart, she tried off-screen, but she's surprisingly not as good as Shiatsu.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: Like Shiatsu, she also has prostitution in her past.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: She will hit what she shoots at, no exceptions.
- Long-Range Fighter: She attacks from a distance with ranged weapons.
- Meaningful Name: Her name is Shinobi, and she's effectively a ninja.
- Not So Different: From Shiatsu. Both ran brutal street gangs, both wound up imprisoned, and both wound up forced into marriage with Alex. Oh, both also have a history of prostitution.
- The Rival: To Shiatsu. She's civil about losing first place, but she's not happy about it.
- Waif-Fu: Her moves are quick, agile, and graceful.
From Anointed Prophetess:
- Pregnant Badass: Even late into the first trimester, she's just as agile as ever.
- Replacement Goldfish: She was bought to serve as this for Alex, among other things. It worked a little too well.
Atari:Alex's third wife, and the first of his four elements.
- Awesome by Analysis: Is able to figure out how tech works with just a glance.
- Crazy Enough to Work: Her idea of getting Alex over his trauma involved jumping him, in the hot tub, in front of everyone else in the harem. (Also broadcast live on international TV, although she wasn't aware of it.) She was right.
- Fiery Redhead: Fits every aspect of this trope.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Is able to jury-rig complex devices, on the fly, in the heat of battle, using scraps and spare parts.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: She's bisexual, extremely voyeuristic and an exhibitionist, is not averse to trying new and interesting kinks at least once, and is utterly insatiable. She is still completely faithful and loyal. Alex is one lucky bastard.
- Playing with Fire: Her power involves summoning and manipulating fire.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red to Sega's Blue.
- Shown Their Work: When she's deliberately subjected to second and third-degree burns by Ash's flunkies, Alex has her draped loosely in cool, moist cloths, and Panama suggests finding strong narcotics to deal with the pain. This is common knowledge to anyone even remotely familiar with first aid.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead: She's got green eyes, red hair, and she's Alex's third bride.
From Anointed Prophetess:
- Implacable Man: Nothing the antagonisic Red Shirt "guards" that went after her family did had any affect on her, except make her angrier.
- Kill It with Fire: Those guards should never have sided with the Matriarchy and tried to harm her sisters-in-law, nieces and nephews.
- Mama Bear: Shiatsu and Shinobi's children weren't even born yet, and she's already fiercely protective of them.
- Required Secondary Powers: Zigzagged. She's immune to her own flames, though her clothes are not, but if her powers are blocked, she's not immune to the flames of others.
Sega:Alex's fourth wife, and the water specialist.
- Crystal Dragon Jesus: Justified. For camouflage, the christian religion in the world setting is under such relenting persecution that it has hidden its faith with plenty of pagan trappings, to the point that none of the rank and file can even tell where the original Christianity ends and the paganism begins.
- Curtains Match The Windows: Her hair and eyes are the same shade of blue.
- Nuns Are Mikos: As the water specialist, she's also a high-priest of the Christo-pagan religion.
- Making a Splash: Her powers specialize in offensive and defensive uses of water.
- True Blue Femininity: She not only has blue hair, but prefers blue clothing.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: As befits someone with water-based powers, her hair is blue.
From Annointed Prophetess:
- Post-Victory Collapse: After helping Diana deal with a wing of soviet MIGs, she collapses in exhaustion, along with Diana.
Sierra:Alex's fifth wife and the specialist with earth powers.
- Ambiguously Brown: Her ethnicity is not made clear and she's got very dark skin.
- Dishing Out Dirt: She's a specialist in manipulating earth.
- Token Minority: She's the only one shown, at least among the main characters, with an African decent.
Diana: Alex's sixth wife, and aside from Shinobi, the final wife in the first book.
- Blow You Away: She specializes in air manipulation.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She's blonde and undeniably a very sweet and sensitive woman.
- Immodest Orgasm: Unlike the others, her lovemaking is loud.
- The Tease: She is very flirtatious.
From Anointed Prophetess:
- One Steve Limit: Averted, there's another Diana introduced.
- Post-Victory Collapse: She collapses, along with Sega, when the two combine their efforts to fight off a wing of Soviet MIGs.
Martufe O'Oharra:The last surviving male of the initial outbreak. For some reason, the infectious agent made him both sterile and immortal.
- Complete Immortality: What he appears to have. It's actually Resurrective Immortality, as a new cloned body with uploaded memories replaces his corpse upon death.
- Daddy Had a Good Reason for Abandoning You: He wasn't even aware he had children.
- Deadpan Snarker: He really tears into the first Matriarch running the "games" when she not only (figuratively) shoots herself in the foot, but is caught red-handed rigging the event on behalf of her son.
- Lone Survivor: He is the last of the adult-aged males to survive the outbreak that brought humanity to the brink of extinction. Or so he was lead to believe.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: He is Alex's and Shiatsu's father, though he wasn't aware of it due to the pregnancy resulting from the experiments of Alex's mother.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: As long as a participant's requests don't break the rules, are too disruptive, or dangerous, he's more than glad to grant permission. As long as his neutrality is not jeopardized, he's perfectly glad to lend a hand in assistance as well.
From Anointed Prophetess:
- Amnesiac Dissonance: His memories were altered. He wasn't even aware that he's an alien, and the cause of the outbreak that brought humanity to the brink of extinction.
- Blue and Orange Morality: He doesn't understand the concepts of good and evil, law and chaos. He simply understands the relationship of hunter and prey, competing over resources, protecting of territory, mates, and hunting grounds, and respects the rules of the hunt.
- Manchurian Agent: He's an alien spy and the vanguard for an alien invasion, but was completely unaware of it as his memories were altered so he wouldn't know he was intentionally infected with the pathogen that would bring humanity to the brink of extinction.
Arcadia Eldorado:The replacement Matriarch sent in near the end, after a large number of "abnormalities" come to light.
- Action Mom: She's got three children, and still kicks ass.
- Fair-Play Villain: She plays by the rules, even if she doesn't like them, and she doesn't play favorites.
- Mistreatment-Induced Betrayal: When the rest of the Matriarchy goes after her and her family, she's quick to join Alex's struggle against them.
- Pragmatic Villainy: She's opposed to the Harem Games, not due to ethics (although that's a factor), but because of the loss of genetic diversity caused by the deaths of the teens who participate and lose.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Gives a glorious one to Matriarch Udderweis whom she replaces near the end of the games.
- Trapped in Villainy: She did not want to run the Games, but accepted the task because the alternative was worse.
From Anointed Prophetess:
- Babies Ever After: She gives birth to Alex's son, Jason. To the joy of everyone.
- Did Not Think This Through: She only realizes the implications of marrying Alex, after she's already done it. Neither the rest of the harem nor her own daughters actually mind, however. In fact, she's the only one who freaks out, despite the fact that she's the one who propositioned him. Although, in her defense, she does so at the orders of a much "higher authority."
- Incest Is Relative: She's the sister-in-law to Alex's mother, from a previous Battle Harem.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: She's a complete nymphomaniac in denial. It's so bad, a simple peck on the cheek leaves her visibly shaken.
- Not So Above It All: When her oldest and second daughters make their intent to peep on Alex lovemaking, and take notes, and make it explicitly clear that they're perfectly willing to go to lengths where she can't stop them, she angrily resigns herself to join in.
- Promoted to Love Interest: She marries Alex.
Tendo Akaneda:The only participant in the current Harem Games shown to be anywhere near supportive of Alex.
- A-Team Firing: As expected of someone who dual wields uzis, he shoots alot, and hits very little.
- The Bet: Enters one with Alex. The winner will claim all the remaining brides as his own. Amazingly, this is considered the most benevolent course of action under the circumstances.
- Chivalrous Pervert: He is very perverted, but he is gentle, kind, and looks after the best interest of his girls.
- Distracted by the Sexy: He finds himself distracted by Alex's chest during the final duel. It proves a fatal blunder.
- Fighting Your Friend: He is forced to fight Alex at the finale. Neither of them like it.
- Guns Akimbo: He fights by dual wielding uzis.
- Let's Fight Like Gentlemen: He suggests fighting Alex in a one on one duel to spare both their harems. Alex agrees.
- Secret Keeper: He's the only one who saw how Atari was healed. He took the secret to his grave.
Tendo's harem:The six ladies married to Tendo Akenada during The Harem Games.
Common to all:
- All Women Are Lustful: Zizagged. They had negative sexual attraction to Tendo, but are very eager to consummate with Alex.
- Mundane Utility: All of their powers are far more useful outside the battle-field than on it.
- Promoted to Love Interest: Every single one of them winds up legally married to Alex due to the rules of the Games. and The Bet above.
- Undying Loyalty: Every single one of them is completely faithful, first to Tendo and then to Alex.
- Combat Medic: Seeing as The Harem Games is a Blood Sport, her abilities are used for emergency first aid on the field.
- Healing Hands: She accelerates the healing of anyone she touches, though this only accelerates natural healing and doesn't work to regenerate lost limbs or organs.
- Green Thumb: Her power involves accelerating the growth of plants. She even carries seeds for the purpose.
- Supreme Chef: This is her actual super-power. As long as she has the ingredients, and knows the recipie, she can make anything by concentrating and mixing the ingredients in a bowl. This doesn't just include meals, but also medicines, and ammunition, like bullets.
- Through His Stomach: The first thing she does after becoming Alex's bride is cook for him, which he greatly appreciates, especially as he's bedridden and unable to cook for himself at the time.
- Immodest Orgasm: She makes Diana seem silent by comparison. She's so loud she can be heard down a large corridor, and through two sets of doors that are supposedly sound-proof, to her chagrin.
- Sensor Character: Her power involves being able to find any material, animal, vegetable or mineral within a certain range.
- Wrench Wench: Once Alex sets up a workshop for her, she becomes his chief mechanic and salvager.
- Light 'em Up: She can manipulate light to produce holograms.
- Logical Weakness: She can only duplicate things within "Line of sight."
- Make Me Wanna Shout: She can "play back" the sound of even distant conversations, or make sounds match her holograms so they appear like real people.
- Sensor Character: Her control over light and sound allows her to make events occurring from a great distance appear as if they're happening nearby.
- Target Spotter: Alex uses her powers this way near the end of Anointed Prophetess.
- Extra-ore-dinary: She can change the fundamental physical structure of anything non-living that she touches on the mollecular if not atomic level. Like a charcoal briquette into a diamond.
Ash Udderweis:The primary rival contestant Alex has to face who is able to rally a gang of 176 opponents to array against Alex, including himself.
- Aristocrats Are Evil: He's the son of a Matriarch, and he's a real nasty piece of work.
- Bastard Bastard: His parents were never married, and he's utterly abhorent.
- Blood from the Mouth: He coughs up blood once Alex gets his hands on him and slams him around like a rag-doll, similar to how The Hulk slammed Loki around in The Avengers (2012).
- The Bully: To horrific levels. Because of an imagined slight, he puts Alex through hell.
- Bullying a Dragon: Literally. The only reason he and his gang were able to deliver a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown to Alex at the start was because Alex was forbidden from fighting back.
- Character Death: His body is not only set on fire but immersed in lava. He's not coming back.
- Combat Pragmatist: Combined with Loophole Abuse. He and his gang attack the other contestants with remote-controlled dinosaurs, and then go in and give a "Mercy Kill" to any survivor they come across, before the "games" have actually started, and their opponents can fight back, thus receiving no real punishment.
- Defiant to the End: A truly villainous example. Even in the face of a rightfully pissed off Alex, who had already curbstomped his entire army, he still refused to admit defeat.
- Kill It with Fire: On the receiving end, and the flames were so hot, they turned the ground under him into lava.
- Never My Fault: Combined with Insane Troll Logic. His entire grudge with Alex results from seeing Alex ask Martufe a question, that he didn't even hear, after the first orientation class. A question that didn't even have anything to do with him, but which he immediately presumed was some kind of Stealth Insult.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: Stopping to torment Alex and his harem instead of killing them when he had the chance, allows Alex to turn the tables and utterly annihilate his army before going after him, personally.
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil: Combined with Beat Them at Their Own Game. Ash uses power nullifying collars on Alex and his harem to then order his troops to attack them with facsimiles of their powers while having his own harem rape Alex. This turns out to be a fundamentally bad idea.
- Smug Snake: He thinks he's vastly superior to all the other contestants, including Alex. He we was wrong.
- Suicidal Overconfidence: He neglected the offered combat training because he presumed his victory was already assured thanks to his mother cheating on his behalf.
- Zerg Rush: He manages to defeat Alex only by pressure of sheer numbers. Once Alex becomes a dragon, this ploy no longer works.
Mercedes Oberhorn:A spoiled dandy that immediately becomes hostile to Alex because he had his eyes on Shiatsu, but filled up his harem before even considering her.
- Aristocrats Are Evil: He calls Alex "peasant" repeatedly.
- Entitled to Have You: To Shiatsu. To the point that he offers to wife-swap with Alex to get her. Alex does not take it well.
- Neck Snap: How he dies.
- Never My Fault: To his death, he refuses to take responsibility for his actions, and their consequences, blaming everything on Shiatsu and Alex.
- Psychopathic Manchild: Unlike Alex who embodies the innocence and wonder of childhood, Mercedes embodies the arrogance and lack of maturity, empathy, and compassion that comes with youth, and pays dearly for it.
- Spoiled Brat: Lampshaded by Alex. Mercedes has been given preferential treatment for so long that he's come to want anything he sees, and ultimately concludes that anything he wants is his by birthright. He does not take people telling him "no" well.
- Straw Misogynist: He doesn't think much of women. He would live to regret this.
- Suicidal Overconfidence: He considered his victory a foregone conclusion, just because the tournament has the word "games" in it, despite the fact that Martufe made explicitly clear that not all "games" are harmless entertainment.
- We Can Rule Together: Offers to help Alex deal with Ash if Alex hands Shiatsu over. Alex declines.
- We Have Reserves: Before he even reaches the starting line, he sacrifices each and every one of his harem girls just to save himself. He is then shocked that he's at the starting line, alone, with no plan, preparation or options, and attacks Alex for it.
Kakizaki Ikari and Arcades Allbright:A pair of misogynistic participants.
- Depraved Homosexual: They're only attracted to each other, and are rumored to treat women horribly.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Official word is that they were so busy having sex with each other, that they left their respective harems to their own devices and died as a result.
- Killed Offscreen: Their deaths are not shown but it's presumed they were trampled to death or eaten by a remote-controlled carnivorous dinosaur.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: Kakizaki takes orders from Arcades.
- Straw Misogynist: Neither of them has any respect for women.
- Those Two Guys: They hang out together.
Matriarch Udderweis:The Matriarch running the games at the start of the story.
- Cheaters Never Prosper: She rigs the Games in Ash's favor, but gets exposed and caught.
- A God Am I: She insists Alex should treat her as a god when she's brought forward in chains. He decides to crucify her.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Combined with Did Not Think This Through. When she smashes the transmission equipment in a tantrum after Alex recovers from his trauma, thanks to a very public display of "affection" from Atari, and he admits he liked it. This left the transmission system locked "on" when Alex and his brides performed an "illegal" baptism ritual that anyone who broadcasts is normally sentenced to death, and she could not shut off the equipment, much to Martufe's amusement.
- Irrational Hatred: She bears a deep-seated grudge against the Dolorean family because Alex's mother stumbled upon her fraud, and reported it as she was required, by law.
- Never My Fault: The fact that she was exposed as a fraud prior to the start of the story? It's all the fault of Alex's mother!
- The Scapegoat: Her cheating was never going to work out well for her. The other members of the Matriarchy were using her as a disposable pawn, and she was going to be blamed for all their dirty laundry.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!: She shows open favoritism from the start of the story, against Alex.
- Unwitting Pawn: To the rest of the Matriarchy, bar Arcadia Eldoraro who was Locked Out of the Loop.
Characters introduced in Anointed Prophtess:
Pandora Keter Dolorean:Alex's mother.
- Distracted from Death: She dies quietly while Alex is sedated and in surgery.
- Doting Parent: She treasures her children, Alex and Shiatsu dearly.
- Heroic Sacrifice: She sacrifices her ovaries to grant Alex a longer life-span and her grandchildren a better chance at gestation in Alex's womb. She dies as a result.
- I Want Grandkids: She really wanted to lay eyes on her grandkids before she died. This wish proves impossible to grant. She does get to lay eyes on their mothers though.
- My Greatest Failure: She hates herself for failing to prevent Alex's twin sister from being kidnapped when both kids were seven years old.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: On two notable occasions. The first is when she retells the story of how she had a Freak Out! relating to her two young children exploring each other's bodies (a perfectly normal occurence even in reality), resulting in one being kidnapped and the other, Alex, crying himself to sleep every night for years. The second, is unlocking Shiatsu's memories of the trauma she endured while in Matirachy custody.
- You Said You Would Let Them Go: On the receiving end. She was poisoned to the point of organ failure because the Matriarchy never expected Alex to win the Games, nor did they intend to honor their promise to free her, at least not with her memories and personality intact.
Alicia:One of the hard-core criminals Alex rescues from death row to recruit into his army.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: She shows herself willing, and able to sacrifice her life for the well-being of the Dolorean family because Alex was kind to her even after she did something unforgivable to him.
- Despair Event Horizon: Jumps clear over it, and the slippery slope when her squad is annihliated by Draco-clones.
- Easily Forgiven: Subverted. While her raping Alex seems to be forgiven without issue, she had to undertake a Suicide Mission, succeed, and return alive for her crimes to be forgotten. She not only succeeds and survives, but brings a new ally home with her.
- Fragile Speedster: Her super-power is instant acceleration.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Subverted. She orders a direct nuclear strike on her location, intending to die, in order to destroy the Draco-clone command center and rescue the Dolorean family. She survives. Because Tapioca rescued her.
- Promoted to Love Interest: She becomes Alex's 14th wife.
Danielle Rathernot:A reporter covering the Games who gets attacked by the Matriarchy and gets rescued by Alex.
- And Now You Must Marry Me: She insists Alex Marry her in exchange for becoming his press secretary. The whole harem agrees happily.
- Did Not Think This Through: Played for Laughs. She only realizes the implications of the name change after she marries Alex.
- Going for the Big Scoop: She takes her news helicopter to cover Alex going into action to protect Arcadia's home. Attack helicopters target her as a result.
- La Résistance: She leads the raid on her own news agency when the Matriarchy makes them an organ of their propaganda.
Christine:Arcadias's eldest daughter.
- Ambadassador: She's the cultural ambassador to Israel.
- Chaste Heroine: She has no desire for romance, but doesn't mind actuially seeing it in action.
- Idol Singer: She's a singing idol.
- Shipper on Deck: She really wants her mother involved with Alex, and she doesn't care where he sits on the family tree.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: Even with the Deliberate Values Dissonance of the world setting, she's way too voyeruristic for an 11-year-old. Especially when one considers the fact that the one she wants to peep on is her own step-father.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: She's far more savvy about politics and warfare than any normal teens should be.
Tapioca:The scientist in charge of the Draco-clone project.
- Artificial Human: Her human memories and consciousness were uploaded into an android.
- Casual Danger Dialogue: Numerous times, starting with meeting Alicia in the Dracoclone laboratory.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Like Arcadia, she's the sister-in-law of Alex's mother, but "died" during the Harem Games where her Battle Harem participated.
- Forced into Evil: The Matriarchy can override her will, at any time, with the correct code-phrases and commands. As such, she relucantly obeys them with token resistance, at most.
- For Science!: The one joy she has in life is running a laboratory because she finds her research "interesting."
- My God, What Have I Done?: She says this word for word, in a panic, when a captured Matriach uses a code-phrase to hijack her consciousness and command her to attack everyone in the room. Fortunately, the order gets overwritten by two other Matriarch level people.
- One Degree of Separation: She's Tendo's mother, and a sister-in-law to Alex's mother.
- Please Kill Me If It Satisfies You: To Shiatsu. She's the one who exprimented on, and tortured Shiatsu, and would be happy to have Shiatsu kill her if that serves to atone for the suffering she caused. While Shiatsu is far too traumatized to comply, Alex had to be talked down or he would have gone through with it.
- Reluctant Mad Scientist: She wanted no part of serving the Matriarchy, her robotic body forced her to comply.
- So Proud of You: To Alex. For being Happily Married to a great many good women by the time they meet, face to face. And to Arcadia for her taste in men.
- Unwilling Roboticization: She never asked to have her consciousness uploaded into an android upon death.
- Walking Spoiler: Simply mentioning this character can easily spoil the ending of the second book.