A young woman who spent most of her time before the apocalypse working and taking care of her deadbeat alcoholic father. Unfortunately, her father managed to get himself infected and managed to bite her after she tries to put him down with a baseball bat, leading to her current state.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Her thoughts reveal that she has a very low opinion of herself and feels immense guilt about killing her father and not telling Dustin about her bite.
- Hidden Depths: She admits to herself that she unironically likes Babymetal.
- Secretly Dying: Near the end of the game, she's close to dying from a bite she got from her zombified father an unknown amount of time ago. She confesses this to Dustin in the good ending.
- Still Wearing the Old Colors: She appears to be wearing the uniform for a convenience store, which would have fallen into havoc when the apocalypse began.
- The Workaholic: She spent most of her time working before the apocalypse, not having too much time to dedicate to herself and her interests. The way she talks about it implies that she wasn't happy with it, and she outright admits it to herself in the neutral ending.
- Zombie Infectee: She was bitten on the stomach by her father sometime before meeting Dustin. She turns and kills Dustin in the bad ending.
An adult man who was a drifter before the apocalypse happened. He doesn't say too much about himself other than the fact that he loves ABBA. However, seeing the road through his eyes reveals that he's a drifter who didn't have much going on in his life before the apocalypse.
- The Aloner: Apparently, he hasn't been in touch with his family for a long time.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: His race is never disclosed or even implied, but he certainly matches this trope.
- Eaten Alive: Implied to be the victim of this by Shelby in the bad ending.
- Hidden Depths: He admits to being into ABBA music, and his internal monologue hints that he badly wishes that he spent his life doing more than drifting.
- Older Than They Look: His immediate response to learning Shelby is 22 indicates that he's quite a bit older. It's hard to tell at first glance, between the art style and the fact that he looks fairly young himself.
- Perma-Stubble: Possibly justified as there are a few hints that the game takes place fairly early in the zombie apocalypse despite the dire situation the characters find themselves in. He may just normally be clean shaven and simply had his hair grow out once everything went to hell.
- The Stoner: One of his thoughts from his route implies he used to smoke when he was younger.