The Element of Loyalty. She once got entrenched into the Review Team's exploits and that's before Equestria started getting hit with the Portal Crisis.
- A Day in the Limelight: She and Vergil got this in their debut (in this series, really). They were temporary members sent to investigate a strange island before the havoc that followed convinced them to leave this to the team from now on.
- The Ace: A damn good flier and everyone knows it.
- Action Girl: As with the other Mane 6.
- Blood Knight: Out of the Mane 6, she's the more battle-ready.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Not to too much of an extent, but it's there.
- Charles Atlas Super Power: Not as strong as Applejack, but a good pick.
- Fastest Thing Alive: Out of all the pegasi in Equestria, she trumps them all.
- Foil: To her Alternate counterpart. While she's a Lovable Jock, her Alternate self is simply a Dumb Jock.
- Genre Savvy: At least Smarty Smarts is impressed that she guessed that the nearby volcano is his evil lair because of course.
- Happily Adopted: By Thundercracker.
- Lightning Bruiser
- Lovable Jock
- Parental Substitute: Sees Thundercracker as this, but there's no word as to how her actual dad reacted.
- Passionate Sports Girl
- Remember When You Blew Up a Sun?: The ponies admit to getting tired of hearing her 10-seconds flat thing. However, she can certainly back it up, unlike other examples of this trope.
- The Social Darwinist: Totally not, but she claims she could survive in a world where this is law.
- Those Two Guys: Before the truth comes out, she's this with Thudercracker during the fourth arc.
- Undying Loyalty: It's right there in her element. Through thick and thin, she'll protect her friends. There's, so far, not much incentive for her to have doubts about that.
- Weather Manipulation: Her job, apart from being a Wonderbolt.
The Element of Laughter.
- Action Girl
- Badass Normal: An Earth Pony with no powers, but she's survived freaking Decepticons!
- Beware the Nice Ones: All things considered, you shouldn't harm her friends. That cannon of hers is at the ready...
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Prone to this, as usual, like when she realizes what kind of fanfic they ended up in when they meet her other Alternate self.
- Covert Pervert: She admits to seeing Rick's hentai tapes upon seeing a tentacle monster.
- The Empath: Though everyone already has their doubts about Alternate Twilight when they first meet her, she's the one to notice something more sinister about her due to how she smiles.
- Everyone Has Standards: She's well aware of the possible chaos some situations have and how much they could harm others.
- Foil: To her Alternate counterpart. While she's sunny and always up to bring as much fun as possible, her Alternate is more melancholic and overworked. Still, they're close in that they're on the side of good.
- Fun Personified
- Genki Girl: Per the usual.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Instead of Dash, surprisingly, she's the first to dart into the portal leading to Alternate Equestria.
- Literal-Minded: When Alternate Twilight asks for a solid, she creates an origami cupcake.
- Motor Mouth: On occasion.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Rick considers her a rival, but she doesn't really notice much.
The Element of Generosity.
- Action Girl: She's not afraid to get physical, despite her demeanor.
- Beauty Equals Goodness: One of the most gorgeous out of the Mane 6 and with a good head on her shoulders.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Sweet and refined, but willing to put 'em up.
- The Fashionista: Her job and supreme skill.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: Her favored method of attack, though they come less frequently, there's more power behind them.
- Foil: To her Alternate counterpart, but not as explicit as the others. The only real difference is that Alternate Rarity is much more stressed out due to her military experiences and less into fashion.
- Lady of War: She's stepped up to Decepticons. That is all.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: She takes note that Sir Cinemacus is acting less and less like a good guy as time goes on. A sentiment that a few people reading share.
- This Is Gonna Suck: Has this sentiment after the Mane 6 meet Alternate Dash and Fluttershy. And then things get worse...
The Element of Honesty.
- Badass Normal: When all you have is grit and physical strength. Then again, this is downplayed because of the latter.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Hard-working and considerate, but a terror to fight.
- Busman's Vocabulary: Downplayed, especially compared to her Alternate self.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Gets a taste of this from Psyconic when he first shows off his tech.
- Charles Atlas Super Power: She has the greatest physical strength out of all the Mane 6.
- Foil: To her Alternate counterpart, but they actually share the policy of never giving up. It's just that she isn't an unrepentant war criminal like her counterpart.
- Good Ol' Boy: Gender-inverted.
- Kick Chick: Bone-crushingly so.
- Seen It All: After the first appearance of Psyconic and all the havoc that happened afterwards, she claims that she's seen things that could wake the dead.
The husband of Twilight Sparkle and "brother" of Azazel. Originally a being of living chaos, he chose the form of an alien dragon and he set out with his new "brother" to wreak havoc. Eventually, Azazel saw fit to establish a new home on Equestria and Rick was to be rehabilitated. Hating the idea, he was reluctantly paired with Twilight and he stuck by her side through the series. Overtime, he started to warm up to everyone and, with some help, he managed to become a proud and law-abiding citizen. He even managed a romance with his partner. Eventually, they had a kid named Hope and they reside peacefully in Equestria. He is currently working for the Royal Guard.
Recently, during the 'War is Magic' arc, it was revealed he had a kinship with the intergalactic bounty hunting force known as F.I.S.T until he abandoned them in their darkest hour. Thankfully, they resolved that tension.
- Beast and Beauty: He's not as repulsive as they come, but compared to the average dragon...
- Being Evil Sucks: Felt this way after the Discord incident.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Used to be this between he and Twilight for obvious reasons.
- Beware My Stinger Tail: His power suit he uses to fight Sixshot has this. It even tears a hole through his old mentor.
- Big "NO!": Has this when his suit compresses on itself...with him still inside.
- Black Comedy Rape: He was subjected to this by incarnations of the Jonas Brothers in a literal nightmare.
- Blood Knight: He was more like this in the past and, even now, it still shows up in battle.
- Body Horror: During his battle with Sixshot, his suit's power core is damaged, causing the suit to cave in on itself and reduce Rick to nothing but an eyeball for a while. He gets better.
- Butt-Monkey: Due to him being able to regenerate from most injuries, this is bound to happen. Up to Eleven in the fourth arc, where he's beaten by the Alternate populace and even reduced to an eyeball!
- Curse Cut Short: Several times.
- Dirty Coward: During his time with F.I.S.T, they were attacked by the Varelsi and he up and left them to die. This comes back to bite him later.
- Demoted to Extra: In the middle of an arc no less! During Part 5, he's reduced to an eye, cutting off his dialogue for a good portion (not that he still doesn't have something of a role).
- Doting Parent: Hide and Seek must run in the family.
- Extra Eyes: 6 of them.
- Gadgeteer Genius: One of his defining traits. Those guns he has? He made those and he's always making more.
- Good Is Not Nice: Rick may be good, but Heaven help you if you get on his bad side.
- Gun Fu: Engages in this often.
- Guns Akimbo: Like you wouldn't believe.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Was this before becoming a true nice guy.
- Happily Married: With Twilight Sparkle.
- Healing Factor: Has this, even when reduced to an eyeball.
- Interspecies Romance: With Twilight Sparkle, a unicorn.
- Leitmotif: Bulletproof by Black Veil Brides.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: He's got four arms and he's not afraid to use them.
- Multiple-Tailed Beast: 3 tail tips.
- Oh, Crap!: On several covers, he has this reaction. ESPECIALLY on the Mechanical Madness one.
- Our Dragons Are Different: He's actually a being of living chaos that took on the form of a bizarre looking dragon.
- Papa Wolf: Hope is very special to Rick. It's not just Twilight you'll have to worry about.
- Parental Substitute: Azazel and Circe were this for him, although the former stuck around the most.
- Powered Armor: Has a set of this, but it gets destroyed.
- Rage Against the Mentor: Originally, he despised Azazel's decision to stay in Equestria, but it never extended to outright fighting. With Sixshot, the one he abandoned, he didn't want to fight, but he later got WAY too into their inevitable confrontation.
- Reformed, but Not Tamed: Downplayed. Yes, he's good, but he's certainly not gentle with his enemies.
- Reformed, but Rejected: On the other side of the spectrum, he and F.I.S.T are now on good terms, yet it's Rick who decides not to come back to them.
- Sir Swearsa Lot: Shown A LOT in Alternate Ponyville.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Has this dynamic with Pinkie Pie, though she doesn't notice much.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: Once again, not as ugly as most examples, but he's quite alien looking. Doesn't stop he and Twilight from having a kid.
A dragon swordsman that showed up out of nowhere and decided to help out the cast.
- A Day in the Limelight: He and Dash got this in fighting Islandra, but that lasted for about as long as you might expect.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Nobody that crosses him, not even a hydra, lives to tell the tale.
- Birds of a Feather: With Dash, due to their flight abilities and love for adventure.
- Breath Weapon: He can fire a stream of flames from his mouth.
- Captain Ersatz: Unabashedly a Red Eyes Black Dragon, but with a different tail type and a personality.
- Cowardly Lion: He can get scared easily, but he always bounces back.
- Cutlass Between the Teeth: He carries his sword in his jaws for one thing.
- Dark Is Not Evil: He may look scary, but he's a pretty swell guy.
- Expy: His name and skill with a sword bring to mind a certain other swordsman. Thankfully, his personality couldn't be anymore different.
- Loner-Turned-Friend: How he met the cast.
- Master Swordsman: His sword, Backbiter, serves him well.
- Nice Guy: Very much so.
- Our Dragons Are Different
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: In keeping with his Captain Ersatz tendencies.
- Ship Tease: With Rainbow Dash.
- Thrill Seeker: He was this as a hatchling and still is to this day. No wonder he and Dash get along.
Azazel, King of Equestria
Rather than be the villainous demon sealed away for the benefit of the world, this version of Azazel is quite different. Created by a group of alien scientists in order to create the ultimate weapon to destroy their enemies, they succeeded...too well. The creature tore them all apart before gaining a sort of semblance of good. Wishing to exact justice and naming himself Azazel, he set out to cleanse the Hasbro Universe of evil. He even had a dimensional being named Rick tag along. Eventually, he found his way to Equestria and he grew quite fond of his new master, Celestia. It wasn't long before he set his 'brother' straight and became the land's king by marrying Celestia. He even has a daughter named Chrysta.
- Alternate Universe: This Azazel is very much a far cry from the evil and terrible being from Tekken 6.
- Ax-Crazy: Sometimes in battle.
- Badass Baritone: Well, he is voiced by King Piccolo from 'Dragonball'.
- The Beastmaster: Like his canon interpretation, he can summon a swarm of weak, but deadly, beetles to swarm and even bite at his foes.
- Beware My Stinger Tail
- Big Brother Mentor: Well, he and Rick call themselves brothers at least. The main reason he came to Equestria in the first place was to civilize him as well.
- Blood Knight: He means well, but he seems to have an enjoyment for battle. When he feels pain for the first time in a long time, he's quite giddy.
- Bond One-Liner: See the quote above.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: He may be a bit crazy, but he's the King for good reason.
- Characterization Marches On: Pre-rewrite, he was a fairly serious character. Nowadays, he's a total loon on the side of good.
- Creepy Good: Despite his appearance and nature, he's a good guy.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Despite his downright menacing appearance, he's still a compassionate and loving king.
- Dispense with the Pleasantries / Stop Worshipping Me: Azazel would like it if you'd stop groveling and apologizing. He's just a nice guy.
- Doting Parent: Very much.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: He's actually both to Rick, despite not being related. While he's crazy as a loon, he also has a good head on his shoulders. Rick was once a full-blown asshat.
- Forced Sleep: To recharge, he goes into a sort of catatonic state in which he cannot help. This explains why he wasn't there during Discord's attack.
- Gentle Giant: It's a cute thought of him playing Hide and Seek with his tiny daughter.
- Golden Super Mode: With an increase of magic, he becomes this. At least, before the re-write.
- Gone Horribly Right: The scientists that created him did indeed create the ultimate life-form...
- Gone Horribly Wrong: ...only to realize that it REALLY wasn't on their side. Suffice to say, they didn't survive. It also counts as wrong because Azazel became a force for good rather than conquest.
- Happily Married: To Celestia.
- Interspecies Romance: Some kind of chrystal...dinosaur...dragon abomination and a beautiful white Alicorn.
- LEGO Genetics / The Assimilator: By feasting on the corpses of his fallen creators, he gained intelligence and a certain trait. Luckily, most of them were good. Even the narration lampshades how outlandish this is.
- Leitmotif: Ogre's Theme from Street Fighter X Tekken.
- Let's Fight Like Gentlemen: Azazel allows his opponents to make the first hit, no matter how powerful.
- Non Indictive Name: Despite being named after a demon, he's quite nice and on the side of justice.
- Non Sequitor: He mostly speaks in these, owing to his crazy nature.
- Opposites Attract: Not particularly, but the main difference between he and Celestia is that she's nowhere near as nutty as he is.
- Perpetual Smiler: Of the glasgow grin type. Due to the menacing appearance, this could be mistaken for a slasher smile. Not helping is his new personality.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy: He's prone to this at points. After all, he IS incredibly powerful.
- Rage Against the Heavens: The creators of Azazel certainly thought they could rival Primus in power with Azazel. It hasn't been said who really is more powerful, but the plan failed nevertheless.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Because they NEVER blink.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: He may be hindered at some points, but he's not going to let Equestria fall into ruin without a fight.
- Took a Level in Badass: He was already powerful in the games, but now he's gone way off the scale!
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: He's more scary than ugly, however. Until the re-write, where he looks...off.
- Uncanny Valley Makeup: That clown-makup...guh...
A former Decepticon that...well, this gets a bit complicated. Due to a magic mishap, Rainbow Dash was sent to him as a baby with no memories of herself. He took her in and this should be starting to sound familiar. When that was all said and done, he went through another portal and was capture by Alternate Twilight to be her prisoner. Eventually, thanks to the Mane 6, he broke free and joined our heroes, even reuniting with Dash.
- Badass Grandpa: He's quite old compared to other Decepticons, yet he can dish out some real havoc.
- Despair Event Horizon: He's hit this by the time that the Mane 6 find him imprisoned. However, he gets over this when they escape.
- Driven to Suicide: Having to listen to Alternate Twilight's fanfics and much more nearly drove him to trying to offline himself, such as ramming his head against the walls.
- Grumpy Old Man: He acts a bit like this at the start. His voice doesn't help.
- The Heavy: When he joins the Mane 6, he's this.
- Heroic Team Orc: Out of all the Decepticons, he's the one that never really got into the cause and it all but willing to join with our heroes.
- Macross Missile Massacre: He's capable of this, mostly in his jet mode.
- No True Scotsman: He doesn't really come off as Decepticon material. He also says it was humiliating to lose to Alternate Twilight.
- He does, however, call out Sixshot for being a traitor to the cause.
- Parental Substitute: Served as this during Dash's arrival to Cybertron. When he remembers with her at last, he hasn't grown out of this.
- The Last Of These Is Not Like The Other: Compared to the other Decepticons, he's the most G1 out of them all.
- Those Two Guys: Even before they learn that they met at one point, he's this with Rainbow Dash.
- We Used to Be Friends: Apparently, he and Starscream and Skywarp had a falling out.
Keep Away Island Residents
Mostly creations of a mad doctor, these guys hailed from another universe before, thanks to the Portal Crisis, being transported to Equestria, island and all. Smarty Smarts and Octocat get their own entry.
- And Call Him "George"!: Princess Pony Apehands does this to pretty much every pony she finds after finding herself here.
- Authority Equals Ass Kicking / Ultimate Authority Mayor: Two Legs Joe is the mayor of this bunch and for good reason, being a hybridized rhino, after all.
- The Chew Toy: Fuzzy Snuggums, per the usual. Different universe, same result, we guess.
- Fat and Skinny: Entree and Peri, respectively.
- Funny Animal: Most of them.
- Killer Rabbit: Sharpunny, as Pinkie and Rarity found out.
- Only Sane Man: Two Legs Joe, though Patricia is another good example.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Peri and Entree book it when Titanosaurus goes on a rampage.
- Women Are Wiser: Patricia, notably, is one of the few that tries to calm down the initial panic.
Along with Keep-Away Island, there were several other that were transported to Equestria. Sharko and company were among them.
- Birds of a Feather: How he and Basil became best friends.
- The Brute: His fighting style.
- Interspecies Romance: Has one with Marina, a mermaid.
- Heterosexual Life-Partner: Well on his way to becoming this with Basil.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: With Marina.
- The Rival: To Zig, whom won't stop trying to eat Marina.
- The Speechless: Averted. He's voiced now.
- Threatening Shark: Especially to Zig.
- Cuteness Proximity: Bernie generates this in Destiny and Dory. He doesn't seem to mind.
- The Chew Toy: Zig, but not without reason. He even admits this as much.
- Deadpan Snarker: Nemo, a bit.
- Fearless Fool: Dory. Even a dragon won't dissuade her.
- Friend to All Living Things: Is it no question that Marina's hanging out with most of the inhabitants?
- Genki Girl: Marina, Dory, and Destiny, especially the first and last ones.
- The Hyena: Zig. Because of course.
- Interspecies Romance: Marina with Sharko.
- Minion with an F in Evil: Bernie, who gets side-tracked easily in trying to get Marina to Zig.
- Obsessed with Food: Zig, in terms of eating Marina.
- Oh, Crap!: Marlin and a few of the others have this when Basil hits the scene. Thankfully, he means no harm.
- Only Sane Man: Marlin and Hank. Bailey, to a lesser extent.
- The Rival: Zig to Sharko, as always.
- Seen It All: Zig, due to how much weirdness goes on in his life.
- Ship Tease: Bernie and Destiny, much to the worriment of Marina's pet star, considering they were an Official Couple.
- The Speechless: Averted in terms of Zig, who is voiced now. He's not exactly pleasant, per say. However, Marina and Bernie are still this.
- This Is Gonna Suck: Marlin and Hank are currently preparing for the worst, now that they're in a strange land.
- Would Hit a Girl: Zig to Marina (due to wanting to eat her), as well as nearly getting into a fight with Fluttershy about it.
Smarty Smarts and Octocat
As with the other residents of Keep-Away Island, so came these two aspiring villains. So far, they've managed to cause a good amount of trouble.
- Big Bad Wannabe: He causes trouble in his first appearance and is good enough to keep up with Rick for a bit, but he's really this. One could say it's even WORSE here, because he's outclassed by a growing number of characters.
- Blatant Lies: When Hatchiyack mistakes him for Dr. Lychee (long story), Smarty Smarts just goes along with it, claiming he looks the way he does because of a failed experiment. Then again, what would you do in his shoes?
- Deadpan Snarker: Octocat, despite speaking only in meows.
- Intelligible Unintelligible: "Meow."
- Card-Carrying Villain: They wear their evil on their sleeves. Or tentacles, in Octocat's case.
- Fantastic Racism: Smarty Smarts is very dismissive of the Equestrian populace at first.
- Glad I Thought of It: Smarty Smarts dismisses Octocat's plan to subjugate Ponyville...until he basically comes up with her idea and takes the credit.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick / Perky Female Minion: Octocat, who has to put up with her master's worst, but usually they're on even ground.
- Insufferable Genius: Smarty Smarts, at his best.
- Large Ham: Smarty Smarts...NATCH.
- Me's a Crowd: Smarty Smart's first plan? Unleash an army of robotic clones upon the populace. It actually seems to work until Titanosaurus gets a bit upset.
- Revenge: His main goal after being humiliated in Ponyville. Titanosaurus is at the top of his list.
- Sapient Cetaceans: Smarty Smarts and, much like some dolphins, evil to boot.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Smarty Smarts assumes everyone around him is beneath him in intelligence.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: In-universe, as Smarty Smarts is far from pleased from what he sees in Equestria. So much so that he flees into his survival bunker to avoid it all for a while.
- Those Two Guys: They're usually never seen apart.
- Undying Loyalty: Despite his misgivings and eccentricities, Octocat is this to her master.
- Villainous Friendship: He's got this with Octocat.
- We Can Rule Together: Smarty tries this on Rick due to their skills and destructive tendencies, but it falls flat.
- Women Are Wiser: Octocat, compared to Smarty Smarts.
Once an innocent dinosaur living under the sea, this kaiju was mind-controlled into serving alongside the original Mecha Godzilla in taking over the world before being dealt a heaping ton of pain and being nearly killed by Godzilla. Now, he finds himself here, de-sized and much more belligerent.
- "Awesome McCool" Name: At least, Smarty Smarts thinks his name sounds nice.
- Blow You Away: His main power. With his sail-like tail, he can generate hurricanes. Taken Up to Eleven when he creates a huge one that eventually catches FIRE.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Let's see? Awakened against his will, mind-controlled, forced to destroy cities and fight monsters, freed through painful means, and blasted back into sea by Godzilla with critical injuries. He's more than a bit jaded about all this.
- The Dreaded: Even Sharko begins to fear him after seeing him in action.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs
- Fantastic Racism: HATES robots, owing his experiences with Mecha Godzilla.
- Freudian Excuse: His hatred of robots, as listed above.
- Gentle Giant: Used to be this before everything happened to him.
- Hell Is That Noise: His roar is considered this In-Universe. It's so annoying that it hurts to listen to.
- Loners Are Freaks: Wants to be alone and one of the more hostile new residents.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Goes on this when the Smarty Smarts robots nearly overpower him.
- Tragic Monster: During his time with Mecha Godzilla and he still kinda is.
- Unstoppable Rage: The moment he gets pissed off, RUN.
- The Worf Effect: Manages to take out all of Smarty Smart's robots with relative ease.
An old Tuffle Hatred Amplification device that crashed into Equestria. The damage from that and how long he was in space caused him to believe that Smarty Smarts is his creator and now he follows his evil orders.
- Barrier-Busting Blow: When Smarty Smarts shuts his door on him when they first meet, he just punches it away. Doubles as a Dynamic Entry.
- Big Damn Villains: He's the one to take out the Arimspasi menacing the Griffon Kingdom, all for a test run on his power.
- Boom, Headshot!: How he takes out the Arimspasi.
- Dark and Troubled Past: His creator was among the Tuffles that were destroyed by the Saiyans and he was filled with their supreme grudge and left to travel through the cosmos, only to land in Equestria and malfunction.
- Dying Curse: Effectively, he's literally this from Dr. Lychee and the rest of the Tuffles.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: He had great respect for his father, Lychee, and is grateful to think he's found him.
- Fantastic Racism: Really hates Saiyans, but for good reason.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: His main attack, the Revenger Cannon.
- Guttural Growler: His English Dub voice from Raging Blast 2 is used, so this is in effect.
- Killer Robot: A suitable replacement for Smarty Smart's Clawpatra.
- Knuckle Cracking: Does this with his neck a couple of times.
- Moment Killer: Just when Smarty Smarts and Octocat are having a moment to themselves, he interrupts by making himself known to them. Thankfully, something good comes out of it.
- No-Sell: To Smarty Smart's freeze ray.
- The Power of Hate: Where he gets his power. Revenger Cannon, anyone?
- Revenge: His main purpose.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Is programmed to have one against the Saiyans.
- Undying Loyalty: To Smarty Smarts, upon mistaking him for Dr. Lychee.
- Villain Team-Up: With Smarty Smarts, but that's only because of him malfunctioning and thinking he's Dr. Lychee.
- The Worf Effect: Suffers this against Guilala during their fight, but that's only because of certain circumstances.
- Would Hurt a Child: Lashed out at Apple Bloom when he found himself in her barn. Applejack hogtied him up for that.