The Prying Hackers involves a lot of colourful characters. Read about them here.
- Alien Blood: Being trolls, they each have a different color of blood. All across the rainbow, too.
Your name is Agatha Heiter, and your occupation has saved many lives. Don't ask how many have been killed for that knowledge...
transcendentAsclepian was a living rarity - a doctor from Alternia. Whilst normally soft-spoken, she has the tendency to snap. She ascended to the God Tiers after her illness got the better of her.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Fail, and you might get killed.
- Incurable Coughof Death
- Blood from the Mouth
- She's Got Legs: This was pointed out by Jezron after he was done going batshit insane attacking everyone with whatever he could find in her hive. He later apologized to her for making a mess out of one of her rooms and for the comment about her legs.
- Combat Medic: Agatha carries syringes as her main weapon, with syringe guns and a more recent syringe rapier. This is a doctor you do not want to mess with.
- Empathic Healer
- Healing Hands: Agatha is the Duchess of Mend. After she ascended to her god tiers, she was able to heal others by transferring their injuries on to her own body.
- Kill the Ones You Love: Agatha had an ex-matesprit. Had. She almost killed him in self defense when he attacked her. She then proceeded to perform various experiments on him, and ultimately dissected him.
- My Greatest Failure: What, were you expecting her illness to be genetic? When she was about four sweeps old, she experimented with a toxic chemical on herself. This is what caused her illness. This also caused her to follow in the footsteps of her ancestor, Practitioner Ophanine, who died at a young age because she experimented on herself as well.
- Follow in My Footsteps: Agatha, although she tried not to, ultimately followed in the footsteps of her ancestor.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: There will be no thigh-highs here. A young female highblooded troll must dress appropriately.
Your name is Alcippe Zlotah, and you're a thriving businesswoman. Zippy Zlotah's delivers to trolls all across Alternia!
highwayMonster was an engineer from the desert, servicing FLARP players by providing them with weapons. She recently entered the game after Jezron's death, proving herself to be an asset with her mechanical knowledge.
Your name is Aragua Heyler, and you have a very important job to do. If you fail, all of Alternia will fall to the might of the horrorterrors...
darkAtlantis is loud, direct, and touchy — which is just what happens when you're isolated in a swamp for most of your life. Before she entered the game, she spent most of her time warding away the horrorterror influence she felt in the swamp - a duty she felt was of utmost importance.
- Alien Geometries: The swamp she inhabited always began to get rather warped the closer you got to the center.
- Ascended Extra: She spends a good part of the game just supporting Sototh.
- Berserk Button: Pallida hits it when she tells Aragua her very blase stance on rape.
- Blood Magic: Not really magic per se, but she believed her rich, high-spectrum blood would help keep the horrorterrors at bay if she spread it around.
- Cassandra Truth: Turns out all that nonsense she spewed at visitors about eldritch monsters trying to break through into their dimension was true! Sort of.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: She was more prone to this when alone and sleepless for weeks.
- Cuddle Bug: Due to spending most of her life starved for physical contact.
- Did We Just Have Tea with Cthulhu?: When in a dream state she is offered a ham sandwich by Nyarlathotep, which she refuses. It Makes Sense in Context.
- Dual Wielding: In the past she's used two machete jawbone weapons at once.
- Genki Girl: For someone who hardly sleeps she sure has a surprising amount of energy.
- Go Mad from the Isolation: One of her likely fates, had she not joined the session.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Not that there's much to look at.
- The Insomniac: For a while, before she found it was actually safe to fall asleep while in the game.
- Shout-Out: At one point she insists "nobody ever died from insomnia."
- Sleep Cute: She's done this with Sototh and other team members. Her sleep schedule is so inconsistent she's prone to nodding off at odd hours and prefers to be near somebody when she does so.
- Ugly Cute: She's got sunken eyes, lank hair and creepy fused-together fingers but she's just so itty bitty!
Your name is Gallia Wuquus, and you live to serve... you are, after all, a maid.
equineReaction was the servant of a powerful woman before she entered the game, and she remained servile well into its development. When not hamstringed by that mindset, she reveals herself to be strict and mean — with a slight hidden nice side.
- Battle Couple: With Malhaut.
- Bodyguard Crush: Determined to protect Malhaut, with the added spice of pitying him.
- Boomerang Bigot: She believes strongly in the Fantastic Caste System, despite being very low on the spectrum.
- Glacier Waif: Gallia is strong, slow and tanky. She's also 5'5".
- Emotion Eater: One part of her title powers.
- The Empath: The other part of her title powers.
- Frozen Face: Due to her scars, one side of her face is unemotive, and most of her smaller expressions are hidden.
- I Can't Believe a Guy Like You Would Notice Me: She couldn't believe a seadweller would like her!
- Jerkass Woobie: On the one hand, she's an asshole. On the other hand, most of her life was spent in abusive servitude.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She can be a real jerk, but she's reasonably nice at heart. Reasonably.
- Kindly Housekeeper: Before she entered the game, she served this role to Arisme's household.
- Ninja Maid: Well, boxer maid.
- Power Fist: Gallia's weapons of choice are her fists.
- Slave Brand: Arisme carved her symbol into Gallia's chest. She tends to hide the scar.
- Stockholm Syndrome: She still believes that her old boss Arisme was not entirely in the wrong.
- Subordinate Excuse: To Malhaut, before They Did.
- With Due Respect: It took Gallia a long time to break out of type of speech. She still uses it occasionally.
Your name is Jezron Irixite, and you work for a living, just like everyone should. Those mines aren't going to excavate themselves.
undergroundScythe spent most of his time in the mines underneath Alternia, extracting ores with his trusty pickaxes. He was hounded by various game constructs when he finally entered, and he decided to strike out on his own to fix everything. This loner's attitude made things difficult for him when he formed a relationship with Pallida, creating various problems. He later snapped when Gallia broke Pallida's jaw, attacking Gallia with his server powers. When the teams were formed, he went with Juniprei, forming a red relationship with her. He was later poisoned, dying alone and unrevived.
Your name is Juniprei Unimaro, and you're going to steal the spotlight! You deserve to be the star... right?
sapphireNativity is a bipolar young lady with a bad combination: a distinctive love for film and a sense of self-esteem which is hanging out with the dirt and bugs. She covers up her feelings with her acting skill, switching between emotions based on her whims.
- Break the Cutie: Jezron's death left her hurting.
- Stepford Smiler: She has feelings, but she'll often act as if she's perfectly happy when she isn't at all.
- Killer Yoyo
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: She doesn't swear often, but when she does, it's serious. Or she's pretending to be really pissed. But generally the former.
Your name is Malhaut Obliquus, and you'd rather not disclose any more than that. A spy can never be too careful...
nefariousNautilus was a young agent of the Alternian military. He stepped up to lead the trolls of the hacked session, despite his dark blood and anemia.
- Creepy Monotone: Only when he's in a particularly bad mood.
- Death Glare: Same. The slitted pupils don't help either.
- My Greatest Second Chance: Although it's not consciously done, by leading the trolls he's making up for his former crew's demise.
- Team Dad: Leave one of his crew in the dust and abandon them? God, of course not. Well, not including Jezron to some extent due to past incidents.
- Tranquil Fury: Most of the time, true boiling anger only comes out like this for him.
Your name is Megdul Impulenin, and you would have stood a good chance of competing for the Empress's position if not for your defect. Despite being a seadweller... you were born without gills.
lightningAuthoritarian has a cool, unruffled air about him, unfazed by all but the harshest surprises. He's also the fastest character by far — he might not beat a speeding bullet, but he'll beat anyone in a sprint.
Your name is Nibzan Somrar, and you don't give a single fuck. You don't think it's asking too much to expect trolls to act like trolls.
ironicMainstream is perhaps the most hateful of the trolls. He rarely has anything nice to say about anyone — but he'll gladly espouse everyone's flaws. His insults are perhaps only surpassed by his art, because he's really a very good painter.
- Cannot Tell a Lie: Due to his powers
- Hipster: He likes to think he is, at least.
- Jerkass Woobie
- Reclusive Artist
- Sarcastic Devotee
- The Napoleon: Being the shortest guy on the team at 5'5'' hasn't done his attitude any favours.
- Tragic Keepsake: His glasses
Your name is Pallida Sanguine, and you don't care what everyone else says about being 'proper'. You'll give up everything for your experiments - even your reputation.
bucketJockey was an outlaw scientist on Alternia, caught by Malhaut's team just before the game began. She and her genetic experiments were both viewed as criminally indecent — a reputation she may have earned after entering the game. Flirtatious and blunt, she escapes lethal situations through application of her charismatic charm. Her luck ran out when Valert injected ink into her bloodstream, and she died.
Your name is Signa Veritan, and you know the way back home. You know the way everywhere else, too.
crimsonCartographer was all alone in the Alternian wilderness, and that suited her just fine. When she entered the game, she had to learn all about how trolls relate to other trolls.
Your name is Sototh Alazif and you are kind of weird. You guess that's just what happens when horrific beings from beyond the deep speak to you every sleeping moment.
benthicDreamer has a problem: he's a tool of the horrorterrors. He does his best to deal with this the best way he knows how — judicious application of his shotgun. In the end, he can't fight their influence... and in the end, he doesn't want to.
- Badass Bookworm: His hive contains an impressive library of eldritch lore.
- Badass in a Nice Suit
- Badass Longcoat
- Cast from Lifespan: Exposure to the Song will slowly degrade Sototh's mind and body.
- Don't Call Me "Sir": To Gallia, she being a maid and he having a crush on her.
- Eye Scream: Disappeared and replaced with tentacles. His dreamself's eyes are implied to have popped.
- Fantastic Slur: Refers to sea-dwellers as Fish People.
- Friendless Background: Briefly had a girlfriend, but that's about it.
- Glass Cannon: Deals out a lot of damage with his souped-up shotgun, but takes a long time to recuperate after battles.
- Horrifying Hero: Eye sockets full of tentacles.
- I Call It "Vera": Bessie the shotgun.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: His reaction to Gallia's confession that she doesn't return his feelings.
- Locked into Strangeness: Permanently dark blue skin, bleached curl, and aura of darkness.
- More Than Mind Control: He doesn't want to do the bidding of the Horrorterrors, so they make him want to.
- Multicolored Hair: A little blue curl that Pallida is rather fond of touching.
- Nightmare Fetishist: After his exposure to the Song, he feels differently about his new masters.
- Nightmare Sequence: The Horrorterrors communicate with him in his dreams.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: With Aragua and, to a degree, Signa.
- Sawed-Off Shotgun: His strife specibus.
- Shout-Out: Pretty much every aspect of his character is one to H. P. Lovecraft.
- Skunk Stripe: His little blue curl is bleached white by the influence of the Horrorterrors.
- Socially Awkward Hero
- Touched by Vorlons
- Troubled Sympathetic Bigot: Once his typical blueblood racism begins to clash with his feelings for Gallia.
- You Won't Like How I Taste: Claims to have heard this from several reliable sources.
Your name is Swinde Truffa, and you can spot a mark from a mile off. Everyone's a sucker for something...
absoluteTruth is a con artist with a secret passion for raising FLARP grubs. Cool and aloof, she gets the job done through lies and manipulation.
- Blatant Lies: Her trolltag. It's absoluteTruth and she's a con artist
- Con Man: Though not by choice.
- Emotionless Girl: She needs to be, to successfully hide it when a scam goes awry.
- Glove Slap: Her preferred mode of attack. Fits in with her suit.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: She always uses large words. Instead of "help" it's "assist." In her angrier moments she uses smaller and more common words, though.
- Thirsty Desert: Her world. The only clean water is fast being polluted, and the only majorly habitable area had major problems.
Your name is Valert Pengler, and you think that everything can be unique. Creativity isn't dead on Alternia, and you'll prove it!
wayvardArter is the other artist of the hacked session — but unlike Nibzan, Valert is a horrible troll. He strives to be nice, and he tries to make everything artistic and unique, because he can't stand the bland conformity of Alternia. He experienced a momentary snap, and killed Pallida.
Your name is Sandro Somrar and you're fairly convinced your life sucks. You may be right.
portraitistSandro is the ancestor of Nibzan and if he'd known how privileged his descendent was going to be he'd probably have killed himself out of spite. He lived a fairly hard life even by Alternian standards and died alone and unknown in his studio aged 17 sweeps.
As an advisor to the Empress herself, Dianth's job is very stressful, and not at all helped by the horrible nightmares he's had since he began living and working there. He's had enough and is willing to do anything to make them stop. He is Aragua's ancestor and differs from her in almost every single way, including gender.
- Evil Chancellor: A rare example where his ill will is not directed toward the one he advises.
- Jerkass Woobie: He's just a coward with too much power, and who is terrified beyond his wits without being able to do anything about it. He just wants to sleep peacefully for once.
Your name is Joe Thomas. You're not a hacker, you're a MODDER. You really wish people would get that..
rotatingMaraschino is the newest addition to the hackers. He's pretty dim, and he has yet to realize that he's not in a standard video game. Only time will tell what comes of this.
- Bad Liar
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer
- Character Blog: His mod blog
- Culture Blind: To all of the trolls, thinking they're just roleplayers
- Hero of Another Story: Joe has his own friends in his own session that he works with frequently that hasn't quite impacted the main trolls
- Humans Are Morons
- Ignorance Is Bliss: He seems like he's having a pretty swell time so far
- Naïve Newcomer: Doesn't yet seem to grasp the fact that he's not in a virtual reality simulator
- Playful Hacker: Just thinks he's modding the game
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Him with Garth, his calmer and more unenthusiastic friend who taught him most of what he knows about computers
- Shout-Out: Joe, Thomas, and Emily, his sister's name, are derived from another popular work
- The Danza
- The Fool
- The Gambler: Doesn't think of himself this way, but follows a slot machine motif
- The Password Is Always "Swordfish": As shown on his Twitter page, his password to most of his items is "cherry"
- Too Dumb to Fool: Gallia's push for him to kill himself just kinda bounce off him
- Trial-and-Error Gameplay: Implied method of hacking the game
Helen "Lizarré" Kueper
Your name is... well you've never told anyone, and prefer people call you Lizzaré and nothing else. No Liz, no nothing. No matter what, you're just simply one of the worst coders ever in existence ever.
egotisticalFrustration is the quite sarcastic and lazy hacker of this session. Honestly, she has a few anger issues as well.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Everyday. All the time.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: At least that's what she wants you to know her by.
- Lethal Joke Item: Her headphones.
- Friendless Background
- Lonely Rich Kid
- Stepford Snarker
- Percussive Maintenance: Is often used on her computer.
Ataxia Cardis> Be the robot bitch.Your name is ATAXIA CARDIS, but you're actually UNSURE.
- Blessed with Suck: Type 3. The smallest malfunction will cause her to shutdown, requiring her to completely rescan and reinstall most of her software (which takes a looooong time) , causing her to forget a lot of things.
- Berserk Button: Mispell her name several times and you're in for a world of hurt. And make sure Lizzaré doesn't ask her to troll you.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: Ataxia is very strong but doesn't have any muscles whatsoever.
- Mysterious Past: No one know who she was before or who built her.
- No Sense of Humor
- No Sympathy
- Swiss Army Appendage: Her fingers.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Lizzare asked her to troll someone so she went to Kick the Dog. Hard.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: She is VERY bored.
- Working-Class People Are Morons: She finds lowbloods stupid even though she is one.
NyarlathotepYes, that Nyarlathotep. An enigmatic Horrorterror in the shape of a troll, who is observing and manipulating the trolls' session for a variety of mostly-unknown reasons.
- Affably Evil: Nice enough to offer malnourished Aragua a ham sandwich.
- Ambiguously Evil: Hasn't actually done anything particularly horrible. Except turning Sototh grimdark, of course, but that was for a good reason.
- Beard of Evil: An Egyptian Pharaoh's false beard, but it still counts.
- Black Eyes of Crazy
- Canon Immigrant
- Charm Person
- The Chessmaster: And the team are his pawns.
- Did We Just Have Tea with Cthulhu?: Surprisingly friendly and polite for a sanity-shattering abomination from beyond space and time.
- God In Troll Form
- Hidden Agenda Villain
- Hypnotic Eyes
- Insufferable Genius: Yes, he was around when your species was crawling out of the primordial ooze, and no, he will not hesitate to rub it in your face.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- Manipulative Bastard
- Smug Super: Ties in with Insufferable Genius.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes
- Surveillance as the Plot Demands: Spends most of his time observing the actions of the main twelve.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Oooh, baby.