Other Academy students who play major roles.
TealTeal is a seemingly Nigh Invulnerable Academy student who appears to be completely invincible. He's loud, cocky, and confident, and loves to taunt his opponents. He is also fairly skilled; he was able to beat Roxanne very quickly.
As it turns out, Teal is completely unaffected by magic. However, he is extremely fragile physically, and as such has trained himself to move fast.
- Achilles' Heel: He is very physically weak, and can't take a lot of hits. His style of hand-to-hand combat revolves around fast, disruptive sweeps and hitting weak body parts for an easy knockout.
- Barrier Warrior: After his change.
- Character Development: After Artanis defects, he tosses his cocky attitude aside and dedicates himself to protecting his allies. He even learns how to absorb the magical energy around him.
- Dirty Coward: Before his Character Development.
- Elemental Absorption: His main ability: he is completely unaffected by magic.
- Paper Tiger: Once someone figures him out, his battle style drastically changes and he becomes very cowardly and cautious.
- Pride: He has a lot...he's very confident.
"Lightning"Lightning is an Asian student whose fighting style initially appears to be based off of technology. He telekinetically controls claws, drills, blades, and other weapons to harass his opponents at mid-range.
- Art Attacker: His writing.
- Art Initiates Life: He can do this to a limited degree, by creating a "protagonist" and controlling him/her remotely.
- Glass Cannon: He has tremendous offensive power in his tech and his book, but he'll be downed in one or two hits.
- Honor Before Reason: Zig-zagged. He believes that life is a story, and that it is his job to make the audience interested and create a satisfying ending. As such, he restricts his reality-manipulating powers so that there's sufficient buildup before the "climax" - when he really gets serious.
- I Am Not Left-Handed: His real power is in his book - he doesn't use this until much later in the exam tournament. Then, he discards the technology completely.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Some of his comments about life being a story can invoke this.
- Mind over Matter: How he controls his machines.
- Reality-Writing Book: His real power is in his writing - however, it's only effective in a certain radius around him. Also, he can only alter things that he hasn't created to a certain degree, meaning that he can't just write "My opponent dies" and make them die.
- Rewriting Reality: He can do this with his book, but it only affects the area around him. If he gets too far away, his creations just disintegrate.
- Technopath: Initially appears to be like this.
RoxanneRoxanne is the most gifted student in Artanis' class. She is adept at many different kinds of projectile and elemental magic, although she is also good at manipulating energy.
- The Ace: One of the best in Artanis' class.
- Covert Pervert: Can be inferred in her dialogue with Victor.
- Elemental Powers
- Hand Blast: Uses these a lot.
- Informed Ability: She initially appears to be like this, due to her poor performance against Teal.
- Kamehame Hadouken: Possesses one of these.
- Ki Attacks
- Magic Missile Storm
- The Stoic: Almost always calm and collected.
- Not So Stoic: There is only one instance of this - when Teal angers her during her first fight.
- The Worf Effect: Gets worfed by Teal during her first appearance.