The protagonists of the titular story Legends of the Multiverse. Hailing from their own worlds (primarily those the Multiversers have inhabited), they are a ragtag team lead by Adam and Michael Verser, consisting of various individuals across the Multiverse. Their primary goal is to help him fix the Time Void from being destroyed, and hunt down the ones responsible for causing it.
- Badass Crew - They come from all over the Multiverse, with their own set of skills, backgrounds, and spectacular feats, which combined together, makes them a force to be reckoned with. DO NOT get on their bad side, cause you won't live to talk about it.
- Mentor Archetype - John-117 and Hellboy take on this role with Jaune throughout the story, teaching him numerous tips for combat, and helping him get acclimatized to the growing violence they witness in their travels.
- Odd Friendship - Due to their differing natures and universes, many of the Legends end up with this toward each other.
- ETH.3n becomes fast companions with both John and Cortana, due to his military conduct with the former and having another AI to talk with in the latter.
- "With great power, comes great responsibility."
A superhero from the Marvel Universe, Peter Parker was once an ordinary person until he was bitten by a radioactive spider (or magic, or genetically altered, depending on the source). Gaining spider-like abilities, he started to use his powers for good after a careless mistake eventually cost him the life of his beloved uncle Ben Parker. This is his driving force, to repent for a death he could have prevented if he was more responsible.
Tropes Relating to Peter Parker/Spider-Man:
- Action Hero - Spider-Man has seen his fair share of action throughout his career.
- Adorkable - Primary example for the Marvel Universe.
- Almighty Janitor - He is a freelance photographer who constantly struggles to pay rent. He is also a superhero who regularly saves the city, and sometimes the whole world, from danger.
- Amazon Chaser - In the universe he's recruited into by the Legends, he's in a romantic relationship with Carol Danvers/Ms. Marvel (Word of God states that BioshockerN7 considers this his One True Pairing).
- Animal Motifs - Spiders.
- The Atoner - His main motivation for doing good is that no one will have to suffer like he did when he inadvertently got his Uncle killed.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome - So long as he has breath in his body, so long as his heart still beats, he will always be Spider-Man.
- Cosmic Plaything - Due to his luck, this happens quite often.
Greetings, everyone! Your favorite "Merc with a Mouth" from the live-action phenomenon Deadpool, the immortal and unpredictable Deadpool, is here to tell you all about myself! I mean, Adam brought me into the Legends because he knew my unpredictable nature was an asset, so this sort of shit is to be expected!
Tropes Relating to Wade Wilson/Deadpool:
- Adaptational Attractiveness - Still look like a testicle with teeth, but I look a hell of a lot better than most of my comic book counterparts.
- Adaptational Heroism - I may be a Heroic Comedic Sociopath, but I still have lines that I don't cross, such as refusing to hurt someone that doesn't deserve it. Also, it helps that Vanessa helps to keep me honest.
- Adorkable - If you saw my movie, then you know I have these moments.
- Anything That Moves - Word of God confirms that in the films, I'm pansexual.
- Bald of Awesome - Got no hair, still kicks ass!
- Berserk Button - Francis, the douche nozzle that he is, essentially acts as one for me.
- Body Horror - Take my word for it. Unlike the asshole version of me from Death Battle, I at least have enough decency to not scar you for life by showing you what's under here (how Vanessa puts up with it is beyond me).
- Breaking the Fourth Wall - Come on, it's what I do.
- Canada, Eh? - Hailing from Regina, Saskatchewan, is the best thing to happen to Fox Studio's film franchise!
- Catchphrase - "Maximum effort."
- Dark and Troubled Past - Take my word for it...or watch the movie to get the full story.
- Everyone Has Standards - Won't harm innocents, will give mooks a chance to live if they abandon their boss, and I especially won't let anyone go through the shit that I did.
- Expressive Mask - Like Spidey, my eyes tend to widen or narrow, depending on the situation. Weird. Still can't figure out why...
- Healing Factor - Not on the same level as Logan's, but I can take a knife to the skull and heal up fast. I can even regrow lost limbs (though unfortunately, not as fast). This makes me fucking unkillable!
- Katanas Are Just Better - Michael and Adam agree with me.
- A Lighter Shade of Black - To quote my film, "I'm a bad guy who is paid to fuck up worse guys."
- Lovable Sex Maniac - I have a huge libido to match my huge weiner. Despite my obvious attraction to the ladies (and the occasional guy), I'm an okay guy to hang out with.
- Motor Mouth - Weird. Wonder why everyone says that about me. *gives an evil grin*
- Pop-Cultured Badass - Expect me to make references when I'm killing bad guys. Or in general.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over / Red Is Heroic - Eh, I'm more "anti-heroic" than evil. But I love me my red and black spandex!
- Sad Clown
- Sword and Gun - My main forms of weaponry.
- Trash Talk - Nothing quite like verbally making fun of your foes.
A Huntsman-in-training from the world of RWBY and the leader of Team JNPR. Hailing from a world that Duncan Verser inhabits, Jaune manages to make greater strides in his training, to the point where he becomes a better fighter by the time he is recruited into the Legends.
Tropes Relating to Jaune Arc:
- Adorkable - He's a clumsy, socially awkward young man who wants to be a Huntsman.
- Ancestral Weapon - His sword and shield combo, Crocea Mors, which has been in his family since the Great War of Remnant.
- Audience Surrogate - Was created as this for the world of RWBY.
- Casanova Wannabe - Toward Weiss Schnee, at the beginning of MLTI VRSE. Luckily, Duncan breaks him from this.
- Classical Anti-Hero - He has a good heart, but he isn't well-trained and has lots of self-doubt. This is part of why Pyrrha's partnership with him tends to do him a lot of favors.
- Dare to Be Badass - He started out as a Huntsman-in-training with no prior training before going to Beacon Academy. After coming into contact with Duncan Verser and Pyrrha Nikos, he has grown as a more competent fighter by the time he's recruited into the Legends.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold - His blonde hair denotes a kind and compassionate soul.
- Heroes Want Redheads - Not initially, but thanks to Duncan's "assistance" (i.e. shoving their lips against each other), he came to realize Pyrrha's affections for him...and gladly reciprocated them.
- Innocent Blue Eyes - He has big blue eyes, and is one of the more innocent of the team.
Tropes Relating to Hanzo Hasashi/Scorpion:
Tropes Relating to Kuai Liang/Sub-Zero:
The leader of the SPARTAN-IIs, a faction of One-Man Army Space Marine super-soldiers in the United Nations Space Command. Initially meant to be used to fight against the Insurrection, once the Covenant showed up, he took to the fight without complaint. A loyal soldier through and through, he is not without his humanity (despite how broken he is), and will fight like hell for his friends.
Tropes Relating to John-117/Master Chief:
- Ace Pilot - Due to his skills with aerial vehicles, he strikes up a friendly rivalry with Lena.
- Action Hero - He's a super-soldier, this is a given.
- Authority Equals Asskicking - One of the highest-ranking SPARTAN-II soldiers, and arguably the best.
- Badass Baritone
- Born Lucky - According to Cortana, this is the reason she picked him over the other Spartan-I Is. It's also strongly implied that this is the big difference between John and the equally skilled Spartan-III Noble Six.
- Child Soldier - Was drafted into the UNSC's SPARTAN program as a child.
- Consummate Professional
- Deadpan Snarker - Has a dry wit that is evident in his manner of speech.
- Determinator - "Losing" isn't in his vocabulary.
- The Dreaded
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep" - The only ones on a First-Name Basis with him are Cortana, Dr. Halsey, Blue Team (Fred-104, Linda-058 & Kelly-087), Adam Verser, and Michael Verser.
- The Faceless - Usually never seen without his iconic helmet.
- Hope Bringer - Shares this with Michael and Adam in his universe. The moment he shows up, pretty much all UNSC personnel fall in behind him and know their chances of survival just shot up by 1000%.
- I'm Not a Hero, I'm... - He feels that one should never be honored or considered a hero for doing their duty. You're only a hero if you go above and beyond your duty. Everything he does, he merely considers his duty.
- It's Raining Men - Has a habit of jumping from high places without a parachute or jetpack.
- Made of Iron - Ties into his Determinator status. Once he starts, there's nothing that'll stop him save a Deus ex Machina / Diabolus ex Machina.
- One-Man Army - This is the Master Chief we're talking about. What did you expect?
- The Paragon - Is this to the UNSC, along with Adam and Michael.
- Red Baron - "The Demon," to the Covenant.
- Special Person, Normal Name - Humanity's greatest hero, John.
- Super Soldier
- Tranquil Fury - Due to his normally calm and composed nature, whenever he gets angry, he delves into this territory. And it is pants-shittingly terrifying.
- Weapon of Choice - He favors an Assault Rifle for many of his missions.
- "Don't make a girl a promise, if you know you can't keep it."
An Artificial Intelligence program, and partner to John-117/Master Chief. She is one of the Chief's closest companions (alongside Michael and Adam), having served with them for several years during the Covenant War. Just as Chief's loyalty is to mankind, her loyalty is to her beloved trio of SPARTAN-IIs, willing to do anything to protect them.
Tropes Relating to Cortana:
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot - Her opinions of AI such as Ultron or her corrupted counterpart.
- Benevolent A.I. - Is this, naturally, to Master Chief. The version that is partnered with Michael is this as well.
- Beware the Nice Ones - While she is generally friendly toward others, if you hurt her loved ones, she will hurt you back.
- The Cracker - To her enemies.
- Deadpan Snarker - Maybe not deadpanned, but she definitely has quite a bit of snark in her.
- Hollywood Hacking - Due to how advanced she is, the effort she can put into hacking most systems is laughably minimal.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy - She has shades of this with Chief and Michael, as shown with both versions of her.
- Kiss Me, I'm Virtual - Has this in spades with John/Master Chief. Her copy has this with Michael, as well.
- Literal Split Personality - During the time of Halo 4, when Michael and Chief are working to stop the Ur-Didact, she split herself into several fragments to help the heroes. A number of those fragments latched onto Michael's armor, and were secretly put back together by Lambda/Akima (and later Michael, once he learns of her survival). Eventually, she becomes a direct copy of Cortana, but thanks to Michael's influence in saving her life, the other Cortana places her loyalty with Michael.
- Mind Rape - Suffered this from the Gravemind.
- Mission Control - Serves as this to Master Chief and to Michael Verser, due to her split selves.
- Ms. Fanservice - Just look at her.
- Other Me Annoys Me - She is not a fan of the version of herself that becomes corrupted and tries to enforce synthetic domination over the galaxy, believing she can't even be considered "Cortana" anymore.
- Playful Hacker - To her enemies. This causes her to get along well with Olivia Colomar/Sombra.
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil - While Michael was with Alexis and Adam in the world of Saints Row, she and Lambda/Akima both suffered a form of this when Matt Miller tried taking them apart to understand and subvert them to his side; the manner in which he went about with this qualified to them as being violated in a near-brutal manner. Not only did this fail (due to him not realizing they were sentient and advanced enough to resist his attempts), it nearly got him killed by Michael in a Roaring Rampage of Rescue mixed with a bit of Roaring Rampage of Revenge.
- Sci-Fi Bob Haircut
- Techno Babble - Due to her nature, she often uses this.
- Tron Lines - Used to cover up her lady bits.
- "Cheers, luv! The cavalry's here!"
Lena Oxton (call sign: "Tracer") was the youngest person ever inducted into Overwatch's experimental flight program, until an accident displaced her from time. She remained stuck as a "Time Ghost" until Winston (with aid from Michael) designed the chronal accelerator, a device capable of keeping Tracer anchored in the present. In addition, it gave Tracer the ability to control her own time, allowing her to speed it up and slow it down at will. With her newfound skills, she became one of Overwatch's most effective agents.
Tropes Relating to Lena Oxton/Tracer:
- Adorkable - She is quite goofy, yet very adorable, when it come to her antics.
- Anime Hair - Has noticeably spiky hair.
- Badass Gay/Badass Bisexual - A kick-ass fighter pilot and an adventurer that can hold her own in a fight. She's also in a polyamorous relationship with Emily and Michael.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome - Can't help but want to help others in need if they are nearby. This is shown to be a distraction to her.
- The Cutie - Naturally cheerful and beautiful, with a playful personality.
- Dual Wielding - Uses two pulse pistols in combat.
- Fanservice - Her jumpsuit is very form-fitting (especially for her rear end), though she isn't portrayed in a sexual manner.
- Fragile Speedster - Her chronal accelerator is able to "blink" her forward, and even rewind her personal time to a previous spot. She is also frail in a fight.
- Friend to All Children - Gets along great with kids, who are quite fond of her.
- The Gadfly - A cheerful version, who loves to screw around with her enemies with her antics.
- Genki Girl
- Glass Cannon - Tracer is capable of dealing a lot of damage with both of her pulse pistols, as well as her pulse bomb. However, she is also rather weak in physical combat. Crosses over with Fragile Speedster.
- Hartman Hips
- Heroes Want Redheads - In a polyamorous relationship with Emily and Michael, both of whom have different shades of red hair.
- Incompatible Orientation] - [[spoiler:Invoked and subverted, initially, with Michael Verser. To her surprise, during their time together in Overwatch, the Multiverser ended up falling in love with her (though didn't act on his feelings because of her relationship with Emily). By the time the truth came out, however, her time alongside Michael caused her to gain feelings for him as well; though like Michael toward herself, she couldn't act on them because she couldn't bare the thought of hurting Emily with this knowledge. Ultimately defied, when Lena and Emily talk with Michael about the situation, and ultimately resolve it by becoming a polyamorous menage a trois.
- Noodle Incident - Got involved in an incident where she met past and future versions of herself. She was also present for when the Multiversers got involved in what happened in Guatemala.
- She's Got Legs - And shows them off with her clothing.
- Single-Target Sexuality - The only male that she has any romantic feelings for is Michael Verser.
- Time Master - Not to the extent of Adam, though, as she can only briefly control her own personal time.
- "Heroes never die!"
A guardian angel to those who come under her care, Dr. Angela Ziegler is a peerless healer, a brilliant scientist, and a staunch advocate for peace. Losing her parents to war, Ziegler was opposed to the organization's militaristic approach to keeping global peace. Ultimately, she recognized that Overwatch offered her the opportunity to save lives on a much larger scale. As Overwatch's head of medical research, Angela sought to leverage her work for healing in frontline crises. The result was the Valkyrie swift-response suit, which Ziegler herself piloted on many Overwatch missions.
Tropes Relating to Angela Ziegler/Mercy:
- Anime Hair - Not quite the same level that Tracer, but it is still present and fabulous.
- Back from the Dead - Her Resurrect ability is able to bring someone recently dead back to life.
- Badass Adorable - She is extremely beautiful, and an extremely skilled field medic armed with a blaster. She also has her cute quirks.
- Combat Medic
- Combat Stilettos - For whatever reason, her super-advanced Valkyrie suit also includes a pair of heels. Many in the team (especially Deadpool) point this out whenever they can.
- Gold and White Are Divine - Fitting her angelic appearance.
- Hartman Hips - Her hips are as wide as her shoulders.
- Innocent Blue Eyes - Has blue eyes, and is a kind and compassionate healer.
- Lesser of Two Evils - Due to her history and personal beliefs, she is very disapproving of Adam's more militaristic approaches to combat and other situations. However, since a good number of them are life-or-death, she can't afford to be picky.
- Light Is Good - Wears mostly white clothing, giving her an angelic appearance. This attire perfectly matches the beauty within her.
- Martial Pacifist - She hates violence and killing, but she has the option of using an auto-fire pistol with deadly accuracy.
- Morality Pet - Serves as this to Adam Verser, bringing out his more good qualities and keeping his bad ones in check.
- Nice Girl - Easily one of the kindest souls on the team, alongside Tracer.
- Parental Abandonment - Her parents were among the many casualties of war. This gives her some rather heated discussions with Adam, who is himself a child from a military family, about the necessity of war.
- Reluctant Warrior - Abhors combat and violence, but is even more unwilling to stand on the sidelines and just watch people get hurt.
- She's Got Legs - To quote Deadpool, "DEM LEGS!"
- Simple Staff - While her Caduceus Staff is mainly for support, it can be used in melee attacks.
- Woman in White
Tropes Relating to Dante Sparda:
- Badass Longcoat - Wears a dark red longcoat, opened to reveal his shirtless body. And he knows how to rock it.
- BFG - Has two of these, in the form of a pair of large, black and white (respectively) semi-automatic handguns called Ebony and Ivory.
- BFS - Rebellion.
- Dual Wielding - See BFG above.
- Large Ham - Oh, boy can he be.
- Red Is Heroic - See Badass Longcoat above.
- Trademark Favorite Food - Pizza.
Tropes Relating to Loki Laufeyson:
An unaltered clone of the Mandalorian bounty hunter known as Jango Fett, Boba was raised as Jango's son on Kamino. After witnessing his father's demise at the beginning of the Clone Wars, he eventually became a bounty hunter as well, after a failed attempt at revenge against Mace Windu (thanks to Adam teaching him to move on from revenge). He eventually became one of the most feared bounty hunters in the galaxy, known for his ruthless and brutal nature toward his enemies.
Tropes Relating to Boba Fett:
- Anti-Villain - Due to his time around the Multiversers, he developed a more honorable code of conduct. That said, he's still a ruthless bounty hunter; he just now has lines he won't cross.
- Badass Normal - Name another non-Jedi who can take a confrontational tone with Darth Vader like he did at Cloud City, and live!
- Bald of Evil
- Bounty Hunter
- Consummate Professional - Boba never once loses his cool or acts unprofessionally when on a job.
- Cool Helmet - Doubles as a cool-looking mask.
- Enfante Terrible - Was a trained killer at ten. Time around Adam made him even deadlier.
- Jet Pack - Uses one, as is traditional for Mandalorian warriors.
- Walking Armoury - His suit of armor is pretty tricked out to say the least.
A prototype UNSA robotic soldier from Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare, and a close friend of Adam and Michael during their time in his universe. He is a highly capable soldier, and can both out-think and outfight most other soldiers and drones.
Tropes Relating to ETH.3N/Ethan
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot - Thankfully averted. ETH.3n was designed fully sentient, with human emotions, and responding as any soldier would. His time with the Multiversers only further cemented his "humanity."
- The Comically Serious - Adding to his Ridiculously Human Robot traits, ETH.3n's dialogue is composed of situational updates and Deadpan Snarking.
- Pick Your Human Half - The amount of programming in ETH.3n's AI effectively makes him human (he even joked that he had a human brain inside of him to help with this).
- Southern-Fried Private - Downplayed, as his synthetic voice has just the right amount Southern twang to evoke this trope.
- Uncanny Valley - His quips are so uncannily both frequent and good, that they could never believably come from a human.
- Undying Loyalty - In the crew of the Retribution, ETH.3n is the most loyal soldier to Adam and Michael, even willing to risk his own existence to save them.
Tropes Relating to Zero:
- Anti Anti Christ - He was created to be a destroyer by Doctor Albert W. Wily; due to circumstance, however, his destructive traits were transferred over to Sigma, resulting in him becoming a protector of the people of Earth.
- Anti-Hero - Of the Good Is Not Nice variety. He solves most of his problems by bisecting them, but always to help others. He's not interested in justice or heroics, just upholding Ciel's (and by extension, Dr. Light's) ideals of peace and coexistence between humans and Reploids. And once discovering the Multiversers, he's willing to do what he must to protect all of creation.
- Artificial Human - Zero is a Reploid made in the appearance of an armored human.
- The Berserker - His Z-Saber encourages him to fight as one, dashing forward and getting into the face of the enemy and chopping him half without stopping. Helps that it is rather effective a weapon.
- Glass Cannon - Zero is very strong with his weapons, but he can't take the punishment that well.
- Red Is Heroic - His armor's color scheme is red and white. He is also a redhead.
The iconic Darkstalkers succubus, Morrigan is the daughter of a demon noble from Makai, though she grew up as a Rebellious Princess. Flirty by nature, and a kind companion, she fights for the sake of peace in all worlds (in her own way).
Tropes Relating to Morrigan Aensland:
- Absolute Cleavage - Just look at her attire!
- All Women Are Lustful - Due to being a succubus, this comes off naturally. Even the most hardened and cool-headed find it difficult to resist her charms.
- Animal Motifs - Bats.
- Bi the Way - Due to her Succubus nature, and her time around Adam and his lovers, she's able to appreciate both men and women between the sheets.
- Dark Is Not Evil - Despite her dark clothing and her use of dark powers, she isn't evil. Just immortal idle rich.
- Femme Fatale
- Hidden Depths - Despite her carefree nature, her time around Adam eventually revealed a more caring side. When he eventually confessed to the crushing weight of his responsibilities, she comforted him, and became a confidant and Morality Chain to him.
- Impossible Hourglass Figure - A prime example of this trope.
- Lust - Personified, but a much more positive case, as she veers more toward Ethical Slut territory.
- Ms. Fanservice - And proud of it (much to Adam's joy).
- Proud Beauty
- Scotireland - Irish name, has elements characteristic of an Irish/Celtic goddess, Scottish ancestry, Scottish accent...
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair - Green seems to be the natural color of her hair.
- "I will destroy you, motherfucker!"
Tropes Relating to Jack:
Originally born as the demonic prince Anung un Rama destined to end mankind, he arrived on Earth as a baby during World War II due to a science experiment. He was found and taken in by Allied soldiers and scientists, and eventually became the protector of mankind against the paranormal threats of the world.
Tropes Relating to Hellboy:
- Anti Anti Christ - Was meant to bring about the end of the world in his universe. However, due to being raised by Professor Broom and his bonds with his team in the BRPD, Hellboy instead chose to protect it.
- Anti-Hero - A natural one. He may be a good guy, but he doesn't play nice.
- BFG - Carries a large revolver that packs a hell of a punch.
- Big Red Devil - A tall, red-skinned individual who resembles a devil with filed horns.
- Red Is Heroic - A red-skinned demon on the side of good.
- Upbringing Makes the Hero - Due to being raised by Professor Broom, he ended up becoming mankind's greatest protector in his world.