A list of characters in the Forum RP The Mortal Realm
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Chaotic Neutral
- Token Nonhuman
- The Aggressive Drug Dealer: Potions, but pretty much the same thing.
- Our Liches Are Different
- Arms Dealer: In a way.
- Punch-Clock Villain
- Hannibal Lecture: He likes doing these.
- Mad Scientist
- Man of Wealth and Taste: Averted, he could be with all of his money, but chooses not to.
- Master Poisoner
- Torture Technician
- The Undead
- Anti-Hero: Type Four
- Knife Nut
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Justified, his knife is made from Obsidian, one of the few Real Life examples.
- Eye Scream: Does this when he tortures someone
- Improvised Weapon: Abdul can use his mortar and pestle as weapons if he needs to.
Adel Athalia het Beracht
Ashelin L. Foster
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Seems to remember absolutely nothing, but just enough to send the players into a creepy cave.
- He got better...sort of, still missing a whole lot
- The Alcoholic: A sober Evan is not a happy one.
- She gets this trait, and a few others, from her father.
- Berserk Button: Don't tell her that Trevor is dead or otherwise unreachable. Just don't.
- Confusion Fu: There's nothing quite like randomly remembering how to kill shit with your brain. Unless she forgets again.
- Daddy Issues: Wangst source number one.
- Chaotic Neutral
- The Determinator: Delusional? Yes. Unmovingly determined? Yes.
- Evil Mentor: Her father. Though he was special so...
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: A very dim spot of gold, but it's still there.
- Love Makes You Crazy: When Trevor is gone. Okay, and when he's there, too. But mostly when he's missing.
- Messy Hair: Always. Sometimes with food items or trash found amongst the tangles.
- Mind Rape: The pissing off of Evangeline could lead to the indiscriminatory use of mind rape on the pisser-off-er.
- Morality Pet: Trevor was this. She would just be a bitch without Trevor.
- Not with the Safety on, You Won't: It's amazing she's still alive. This troper would have shot her in the face. A classic Evan-the-Drunk-Evan move, though.
- Seen It All: When it comes to torture and pain.
- Sniff Sniff Nom: When she is drunk, she finds mysterious items and eats them after sniffing them. Once it was a piece of orange peel from her hair, the other was a... something chip-like she found on the ground.
- Your Mind Makes It Real: The true danger behind the type of illusions Evan was taught to use.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: General is not his first name, but he's technically not even a general either...
- The Syndicate: Kario seems to have a pretty solid control over Lothia's underground markets
- "Ol' Oregle always has fair prices, and he remembers his customers, each and everyone. Offers discounts to recurring customers he does. Ol' Oregle Occasional Offers he calls em."
- And Then I Said: Oli pulls this every time he goes to a bar.
- Of course, he's probably lying.
- The Bait: Not actually Simón, but it was done by the other members of his group during the last fight with Amador.
- Clear Their Name: Simón's reason for attacking Amador the first time, when he was insulting and accusing Edgardo of trying to sell Simón into slavery.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Implied that Simón could do this before his powers got blocked. Although he never did.
- Cursed with Awesome: Somewhat. Simón acknowledges that his powers are powerful, and uses them several times during his time against Amador, but he hates and fears what he can do with them, causing him to use them (mostly) sparingly.
- Kirk Summation: Inverted, as Amador attempts something like this with Simón. Simón kills him before anything meaningful can be said, though.
- Leaving You to Find Myself: Simón leaves Girona (and by extension, Lily) to sort through his thoughts and make sense of everything he'd learned about Velvet from both sides. He's spent two years doing this.
- Let's Get Out of Here: Simón and the others pull this after the attack on Amador's villa and Amador's death.
- Man on Fire: Alfred.
- Mission Briefing: What the Horadric Wanderer gives Simón before he sets out to escort Ashelin.
- Not in This for Your Revolution: Simón becomes a vassal, not because he might save people or the world, but because he is promised a chance to fix his past.
- Raised by Grandparents: Simón was raised for a good deal of time by his grandfather Edgardo.
- Until he died, at least.
- Revenge: Simón's overall reason for going to Girona and hunting Amador.
Tradeprince Kel Ancetii
Verloren Regemlatentes Solavagus
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Vlarmir went from random student at the Academy to pioneer in an entire new field of magic to wanted man in under a month.
- Old Master: To Simón. He says it's so someone knows the full extent of Destruction.
- Mangst: Remember when Evan threatened to show Zeches the girl from the picture covered in blood begging for his help? Then he replied, "You'd be doing nothing more than showing me a memory that I already have. Except those tears were asking me not to pull the trigger" So, yeaaaaa
- Muggle Born of Mages: To the point where Zeches attempted to live his life as if he never knew magic existed. Even now he can only use magic via enchanted bullets built with Alchemy.