This is the character page for The Legend of Dark Witch. As usual, beware of spoilers.
- Voice Actress: Yuuki TedokonSkills: Liner Shot, Comet
A goddess in charge of maintaining the balance of magic, Zizou attempts to retrieve the Syega crystals. She is the final boss of Riva's story, with no weakness.
- All Your Powers Combined: By the end of the game. Also pulls this in her boss fight.
- Ambidextrous Sprite: The white half of her hair almost never faces the camera.
- Blackmail: Once she's defeated by Riva, she blackmails her into keeping quiet or else she'll tell everyone that she's been stealing Syega.
- Dark Is Not Evil: She is a dark witch, but she's out to save the world.
- Deadpan Snarker: Definitely has her moments.
- Final Boss: She serves this role in Riva's story.
- Final-Exam Boss: In her second phase, she stops holding back and uses the powers of the other bosses.
- In the Hood: Wears a hood in the opening.
- Multicolored Hair: Black and white.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: If the player has Dangerous Mode enabled when they start a New Game, Zizou will only be able get hit once before dying.
- Peek-a-Bangs: As seen in the picture.
- Physical God: She is stated to be a goddess in the game's intro. It's brought up again when Riva recognizes her name.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Subverted; she the heroine of the story. Toyed with in Riva's story, especially when she looks like she's in the middle of an Evil Laugh in her boss portrait.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Is referred to as Zizoo a couple of times. It happens because that is how her name is pronounced.
- Voice Actress: Yuuki TedokonSkill: Dia MissileWeakness: Divide Ice
The librarian of Heaven's Garden. She is regarded as a prodigy in Syega research.
- Badass, yet Cute Bookworm
- Bare Your Midriff: In her original design
- Custom Uniform: According to her design page, her clothes are against school regulations.
- The Ditz: Despite her booksmarts, she comes across as this in Riva's story.
- Homing Projectile: Dia Missile, in the sense that the attack surrounds the target and then converges on them.
- Summon Magic: Her Desperation Attack has her summon a phoenix to attack the player.
- Teen Genius
- Wake-Up Call Boss: When the player begins a new game, the cursor is initially placed on her. Player who assume that she's a Warmup Boss due to that fact are in for a rude awakening.
- Voice Actress: Junka AmaotoSkill: Divide IceWeakness: Upper Tornado
A seasoned treasure hunter. She is found at The Silent Ice Roads.
- A Day in the Limelight: She becomes the main protagonist of the spinoff Brave Dungeon.
- Adventurer Archaeologist: As her subtitle states, she is a treasure hunter.
- An Ice Person: She attacks using cryokinesis.
- Badass Cape
- Demoted to Extra: Runs the magic item shop in Episode 2.
- Gender-Blender Name: Al could be short for Alexandria, but even then it's an abbreviation almost never used by females.
- Idiot Hair: This is a recurring design trope among the characters of this series, even in Episode 2 where different artists are involved.
- Red Baron: She's known as The Grim Reaper in-universe. She's not fond of the nickname, however.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Averted...as far as we know.
- Sinister Scythe: Downplayed. She wields a scythe, but only casts magic with it.
- Unkempt Beauty: Has long, messy hair.
- Voice Actress: Suzuka IwamotoSkill: Ground ImpactWeakness: Circlecron
- Cat Girl
- Cute Little Fangs
- Dash Attack: Her preferred method of attack is to rush at the player and attempt to slice them into pieces.
- Death from Above: One of her desperation attacks invoke this trope, though it's mostly used as a diversionary tactic.
- Demoted to Extra: Shows up in the upgrade menu in Episodes 2 and 3.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Her Ground Impact can be vaguely interpreted as this.
- Fantastic Racism: Her comments to Riva imply that she and her people are on the receiving end of this.
- Friend to All Children: According to her design page, she spends a lot of time playing with children.
- Idiot Hair
- Invisibility: Uses this when at low health.
- Power Fist: She wields a claw gauntlet that was given to her by her father
- Voice Actress: Junka AmaotoSkill: Bound RingWeakness: Dia Missile
Blad is an information broker. The schoolgirl is found at the abandoned Twilight Prison.
- Expy: Absolutely no one missed the similarities between Blad and Ryuko.
- In her concept design, she had pink hair and white eyes, making her look like Crona.
- Hyper-Destructive Bouncing Ball: Bound Ring
- Idiot Hair
- The Klutz: She loses her balance in her intro animation and makes herself dizzy after performing her spin attack.
- Recursive Ammo: Her primary attack sees her shooting a ring that travels straight forward, passes the player, and then splits into more rings that double back.
- School Uniforms Are the New Black: Possibly related to her apparent tendency to skip school.
- Spin Attack: She spins around while firing several bound rings.
- Voice Actress: Sakurako HazamaSkill: CirclecronWeakness: Bound Ring
Sola is the daughter of a foreign aristocrat. She is found at the Chelsea School of Magic's Dormitory.
- Cool Pet: A flying yellow ball...thing named Chuross.
- Death from Above: Both of Sola's initial attacks. In the first, she tosses a bunch of tiny projectiles that turn into stars that fall to the ground; in the second, she flies into the air and rains down missiles.
- Homing Projectile: In addition to the attack mentioned above, one of her desperation attacks generate small crystals that track the player for a split-second then disappear.
- Idiot Hair: Two strands!
- Multicolored Hair: Two very different shades of blue.
- Reverse Shrapnel: Circlecron
- Spell My Name with an "S": Is called both Sola and Sora in her Battle Intro. Interestingly, Sola is indeed the official romanization.
- Voice Actress: Meroko. (original)Skill: Upper TornadoWeakness: Ground Impact
A curious Fae from the Belfer Islands. She is said to be very talkative.
- Blow You Away: Both figuratively and literally.
- Enemy Summoner: Summons small fairies to attack the player.
- Expy: She bears a good resemblance to Daiyousei. Inside System has developed Touhou Doujin Soft, so it is perhaps unsurprising that they manage to slip in an Expy.
- Fantastic Racism: Fae and humans apparently don't get along. Stoj doesn't act aggressive towards Zizou at first, but when the later asks about the Syega crystals, Stoj immediately jumps to the conclusion that Zizou is blaming her people and they fight.
- Idiot Hair: And again.
- Older Than They Look: Though the game never clues us in on her actual age.
- Our Fairies Are Different
- Tornado Move: Upper Tornado.
- Winged Humanoid
- Voice Actress: Junka AmaotoWeakness: Dia Missile
- BFS: The power of Syega allows Verri to wield it effortlessly.
- Flash Step: Similar to Papelne's dash attack, only Verri actually disappears while moving.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Rolling Attack: An aerial, gravity-defying variation.
- Sword Beam: She fires a tornado at the player with her sword.
- Voice Actress: Hinata HarukiSkills: Cobalt Fire, Sword RainWeakness: None
- Awesome, but Impractical: Everything about her as a playable character. Her Cobalt Fire starts off with about a character's length of range, her Sword Rain has very glaring gaps and tends to get caught on platforms above her head, her dash is very hard to control in most instances, and her last slot merely allows you to temporarily use her full power attacks without charging.
- Big Bad: She's responsible for the missing Syega.
- Charged Attack: Her weapons can be charged to increase their size.
- Daddy's Girl: Implied in her story. She stole the Syega to help her father win a war.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Goes toe-to-toe with Zizou, a Physical God, in her story.
- Downer Ending: While she wins against Zizou, she winds up getting blackmailing into keeping quiet about her role in the story.
- Energy Ball: A fully-charged Cobalt Fire tends to be this.
- Final Boss: Of Zizou's story.
- One-Winged Angel: One she's defeated, she absorbs all the Syega she found and becomes Unbound Riva.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Played straight. She has red eyes and is the primary antagonist.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something
- Super Speed: Her second slot is Dash, which allows her to very quickly cross the screen.
- The Evil Princess
- Throwing Your Sword Always Works: In a sense. Sword Rain summons blades that rain down on her enemies.
- Villain Protagonist: Her story involves her beating up the other bosses and eventually Zizou as well.