The first Loopers to ever exist, as well as their Anchors, laid out in Innortal's Loops. The Original Seven, the first Anchors, are known by every Looper as the most powerful fighters in the Infinite Loops, save for maybe a few other Loopers, and the Admins themselves.
Tropes the group as a whole share:
- Always a Bigger Fish: With the exception of the Admins (and thats debatable at times), they are the bigger fish.
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: For a long time (when Innortal's loops were the only canon) the Original Seven and others from their loops took to being the most hedonistic assholes they could be, all for the sake of relieving their boredom. They've since been rerailed into resembling their canon selves again, thanks to the efforts of Yggdrasil.
- Despair Event Horizon: It happened back when none of them knew the context behind the loops, and when the loops were strict enough to reset if the plot went Off the Rails. Thankfully, the Goddesses eventually showed up to save them from this.
- The Dreaded: Downplayed - while most of the other Loopers aren't scared of them, (except Lina), the ML Es or villainous Loopers (except for Billy), are almost uniformly utterly terrified of what they're capable of when they're feeling motivated.
- Out of Focus: Tend not to get too many Loops written about them because they are so powerful. At the same time, they already have much of their story told by Innortal, Broad Strokes or otherwise.
- Physical God: Thanks to living far longer than any other loopers, it's needless to say they are all among the most powerful loopers in existence. The only thing keeping them from truly ascending to Godhood (or Adminhood) is the fact that it would likely destroy their loop theyve grown so strong they have to consciously stop themselves from growing much stronger, breaking the limit on how strong non-Admins can be, and Ascending automatically.
- Smug Super: More than a few of them tend to be extremely confident in their own abilities combat-wise or in their areas of expertise, and they don't always take competitions very seriously, even other Loopers if they aren't from very old Loops or insanely hard workers. The vast majority of the time, they're more than justified in this mindset.
- Story-Breaker Power: Though the same holds true for all loopers, the original seven stand out simply because of how obscenely powerful they are.
- Time Abyss: These guys are ancient by Looper Standards.
- Who Watches the Watchmen?: Brought up during a series of snippets where Batman is shown creating Anti-Seven plans. The O7, while feeling both amused and insulted by the effort, comment that they watch each other and are each other's counters.
- The Worf Effect: Zigzagged: When the O7 fight other Loopers, they often hold back and fight Weak, but Skilled to make things interesting, which can lead to them losing (Naruto was subject to a Ring Out by Mikasa weaponizing Tsundere, and Ranma has lost to Maito Gai/Might Guy and Lie Ren in the past (though he beat them more often than he lost). And it's clear that their sheer power does not mean they are immune to being caught by surprise. When they decide its time to stop holding back, though... expect their enemies to receive a One-Hit Kill a la Saitama.
Ranma Saotome (01)
- The Ace: Possibly being the oldest looper in existence, there is nearly no reality he doesn't know about and no context he doesn't have.
- The Dreaded: To Dio, due to getting a favor called in and having a Revenge Loop in the Bleach verse on the Vampire. In other words, it didn't end until Ranma decided it ended. The particular details were never given, but there's rumors what he did was bad enough that he got sent to Eiken the loop afterwards.
- Master of All: He's not the best at any particular area of combat (Harry and Lina are better at magic, there are Loopers with more outright raw power) but he tends to be second- or third-best at everything. This adds up. It also leads him to be the hardest member of the 07 for Batman to formulate a counter strategy to.
- Never Heard That One Before: In a Fused Loop where Valtor wants to kill Ranma to take Akane as his wife.
- The Older Immortal: Is hypothesized to be the first looper ever. He certainly has the power levels to prove it.
- Time Abyss: If you believe Ranma was the first looper ever, then he stands out from the rest of the loopers who become this eventually due to the loops.
- World's Best Warrior: He isn't the strongest in terms of raw power, but he's (probably) the oldest Looper, comes from a world focused on training and skill, and is on par power-wise (at the very least) with an early Looping Super Saiyan 4 Goku.
Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon (05)
- Cool Big Sis: Wants to be this for all Loopers.
- The Ditz: She was considered this by the other O7 because she believed Nabiki when she first started Looping. She's grown out of it, but still acts like she is at times.
- The Medic: Out of all the Original Seven Anchors, shes arguably the one shown in combat the least, instead preferring to either watch or heal. But given that shes an O7 member, dont let this make you think she isnt capable of destroying just about anybody.
- Odd Friendship: She has one with the God-Emperor of Mankind, of all people. While the two are very different, both as people and in their origins, they seem to get along well.
- World-Healing Wave: Her command over the healing powers of the silver crystal is unparalleled. She's once dispelled the curse of hatred that Demise cast over the Zelda Loops, allowing the looping versions of Ganondorf and Vaati to finally exist outside and resist its influence in later Loops.
Naruto Uzumaki (03)
- Butt-Monkey: Comes partly with living in the same loop as Sakura. Once she started to go through rehabilitation, he's mostly escaped this status... mostly. He's currently engaged in a prank war against Sailor Neptune. He's losing.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: While other Loopers intellectually know that he's way above their power level, that doesn't stop them from thinking he's an idiot when his pranks either seem or actually do go awry. But with that said, never think for even a second that he isn't more than capable of backing up his reputation if he feels like it.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Accidentally responsible for worsening Helia's Setsuna Syndrome.
- Noodle Incident: Apparently kicks Valtor, Darkar and the Wizards of the Black Circle into low orbit when they destroy his attempts at ramen. It can only be assumed that it was really good ramen, or an excuse to let loose against villains.
- Papa Wolf: If you value your life, don't hurt Himawari or Boruto.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Even after an unfathomable amount of time and several bouts of Sanity Slippage, Naruto still loves his ramen.
- Tranquil Fury: When Sakura carried out an experiment on the Hyuuga clan to see if they could awaken the Rinnegan that left all of them dead or suffering a Fate Worse than Death, Naruto's first words after he finds out and returns from trying to find what's left of Hinata are..."Demonic Sage Art: Giant Galactic Rasenshuriken."
- Unstoppable Rage: When he let the Baseline run out in full for the 4th Shinobi World War, he found out Obito was behind his parents dying, the War starting, and numerous other events. He was... displeased, to say the least.
Kurama the Nine Tailed Fox (03)
- Out of Focus: When you're constantly overlooked but a member of this kind of group, it's bad.
- The Worf Effect: Zigzagged and lampshaded: He tied in a fight with Godzilla, and is worried about it afterwards. He and Naruto both acknowledge that he was holding back a lot, but he decides that its a sign to start training again.
Harry Potter (02)
- Bothering by the Book: He's gotten very skilled at this. It comes in handy dealing with Umbridge.
- Evil Overlord: Dabbled in it, every now and then. One such instance was when Hermoine and Ron started Looping.
- A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Read: It's not a good idea to use Legilimency on Harry anymore. The fragment of Tom Riddle in his head became Harry's equivalent to Old Man Zangetsu after a Bleach loop, and then there's his bloodthirsty Inner Hollow...
- Take Over the World: Happens whenever he gets sorted into Hufflepuff. Even he has no idea how.
- Token White: The other members of the original 7 are all either Japanese (Shinji, Ichigo, Usagi) or originate from Japanese media franchises (Naruto, Ranma, Lina). Harry, on the other hand, is British.
Shinji Ikari (04)
- A Day in the Limelight: The First Crash is one for him and his loopers...
- A Death in the Limelight: ...chronicling their suicide attempt and the subsequent loop crash.
- Arbitrary Skepticism: Does not believe Revan exists as a looper.
- Heroes Want Redheads: The First Crash implied that he is (or was) in a relationship with Asuka -and Rei and Kaworu- and the four pilots have been together for a long time.
- Knight in Sour Armor: Shinji's generally a hero, sure, but he's also the most pessimistic of the original seven. In the end, however, he will try to do what he thinks is right even if it involves getting Asuka and Kaoru to lay off of his father.Shinji: Someone can only face up to life when life isnt constantly stomping on his face.
- Mr. Vice Guy: For all his positives and sympathetic nature, there's little doubt that Shinji is the meanest member of the original seven when you get on his bad side. It helps that his most morally questionable antics are aimed squarely at his utter Jerkass of a father.
- Precision F-Strike: Uses one when he see a looping Gendo.
- Spanner in the Works: Due to his Looping self actually having a spine, he tends to be one for his old man.
- This Is Gonna Suck: His reaction to seeing Pinkiel, the Angel of Parties.
- Unstoppable Rage: Succumbs to a bought of this when it's revealed that his father is looping, and in the building. He was only broken from this when Gendo asserted that Shinji wasn't his son, and that Billy (the MLE) was.
- Notably, he had three other loopers (Toph, Ganondorf and Applejack) and an Anchor (Twilight) trying to hold him back... and they were losing ground.
- It is also implied that Naruto tried to stop him as well. Emphasis on "Tried": Shinji apparently sent him to Andromeda the long way. And by "long way" we mean "chucked him in that general direction very hard".
Ichigo Kurosaki (07)
- Only Sane Man: Of the original seven, he's often portrayed as more 'down to earth' in comparison to the others. Admittedly, the bar isn't really set that high.
- Time Abyss: Ichigo's Loops sometimes go until his soul dies. Since he's so powerful his soul doesn't die, those Loops go to the Heat Death of the Universe (he later admits this may have been an exaggeration, but he at least stayed around long enough for Earth's sun to die).
Lina Inverse (06)
- Flat Character: For a time, Lina's sole job as a looper was to Dragon Slave something whenever she appears.
- Hidden Depths: It's stated that her Dragon Slave shtick was at least partially an act to amuse herself and scare people. She admits that she let it get out of hand, however. Also, she was willing to let her friends handle a fight and not interfere herself, despite being a bit of a Blood Knight.
- Stuff Blowing Up: In every single Loop she ends up in, she has to test and see if the Dragon Slave still works. Save for safe-mode universes like Eiken, it always has. She also seems to have finally figured that out and stopped doing it so much.
- The Apprentice: Ranma took her on as his apprentice, and consequently she's the most powerful being in the Ranma loops aside from Ranma himself.
- Character Development: Characters from Nerima who have just started looping are universally shocked to discover that not only is she not vindictive and greedy, but is even willing to buy things for people with her own money.
- Took a Level in Badass: As a result of her apprenticeship.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Mellowed out quite a bit after she began looping, and has entirely given up on the greed that used to define her character.
- Always Someone Better: Her sisters have a habit of mastering the things Ranma teaches them faster than she does.
- Tsundere: Defied! She's actually rather comfortable with Ranma nowadays.
Other identified Loopers
- Adult Fear: Being a former sociopath, Sakura knows that she can go off the rails, and is utterly terrified of doing it anywhere near her daughter Sarada.
- The Atoner: For her early loop actions. Though she still has relapses, she is trying to better herself after all she's done, even if it isn't readily apparent.
- Beyond the Impossible: One of the few loopers who knows how to make effects and alter things physically that last past a single loop iteration (psychological damage can carry from loop to loop by itself).
- The Dreaded: Being the namer of 'Sakura Syndrome', it's understandable that a lot of loopers are terrified of her. A bit of an odd case though, as she is trying to break the image somewhat. That said, piss her off, and she will show you why most loopers are utterly terrified of her.
- It's All About Me: Back when she was at her worst, Sakura could not comprehend why Naruto and Sasuke (both teetering on the edge of sanity themselves) objected to the things she did. Even when they took an active hand in stopping her, she merely accepted it as "they're trying to ruin my fun."
- Mad Scientist: Eventually becomes one after she stopped her other most common way of enjoying the loops. For example, she triggered a Borg outbreak in Konoha. Hinata became its Hive Queen; Hinata.
- Sanity Slippage: There's a reason she has a syndrome named after her, after all. That said, she's trying to get better, and hopes that other loopers will eventually acknowledge this fact.
- Sanity Strengthening: She's mostly recovered from her Sakura Syndrome.
- The Sociopath: Was this for a while, thanks to being broken by the loops. Has been trying to break away from this though after a while, and while she's made good strides towards that, she still has occasional relapses.
- Big Brother Instinct: Has it for Blake Belladonna of all people after her formative loop had her as his younger sister. Also for Itachi, for obvious reasons.
- Good Parents: In light of his absence in canon, Sasuke has worked to be a better father to Sarada.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Minor insults from Naruto are apparently sometimes enough to make him use Amaterasu - though with that said, neither he nor Naruto seemed all that concerned about it.
- Only Sane Man: One of the few loopers affected by the Яeverse The Loops storyline to not be corrupted, along with Anakin Skywalker and Bass.
- Took a Level in Kindness: This version of Sasuke acts like a mix of his pre-betrayal and Road to Ninja selves, a far cry in decency from even his post HeelFace Turn canon self.
- Action Girl: Almost as old as Naruto, and proportionally awesome.
- Action Mom: Two children, kicks ass.
- Magical Eye: One of the world's foremost experts in magical eyes, the other being Sasuke.
- Official Couple: With Naruto.
- Yandere: She was second only to Sakura in terms of insanity. But while Sakura focused on the multiverse, Hinata focused on Naruto.
- Butt-Monkey: Nonlooping Kakashis tended to be subject at outlandish but nightmarish pranks at the hands of his students. Eventually, one of them Awoke...
- Break the Badass: Driven into extreme trauma by Sakura (the exact reasons are... unknown. Naruto eventually asked Sakura, and immediately decided I Need a Freaking Drink). He had to spend a loop in Equestria just so that he wouldn't shut down at the sight of the color pink.
- Getting Smilies Painted on Your Soul: Placed herself under several hypnotic suggestions to prevent some of the... more questionable acts the Loopers did in the early days.
- Lampshade Hanging: Notices that most of the O7 Loopers went "at least a little mad" due to time resetting and rendering what they did moot. She notes that Sakura was just notable in how bad the Loops got to her and how long it lasted.
- That's Gotta Hurt: An unAwake Neji once enraged Mikasa Uzumaki after he nearly killed Hyuuga Eren. We aren't shown what happens afterwards, but judging from Naruto's reaction, it wasn't pretty.
- The Comically Serious: Even when subscribing to Maito Gai's way of life, Gaara does not drop his usual deadpan.
- Running Gag: Looping Gaara became a fan of Icha Icha.
Other identified Loopers
- Fangirl: For the Doctor, if Harry's reaction to seeing him teaching at Hogwarts was any indication.
- Happily Married: To Ron.
- The Chessmaster: The Original player of chess. Ron can, without a doubt, beat anyone in the multiverse. Anyone.
- Happily Married: To Hermione.
- The Atoner: For his tendency to go 'Manipulative old coot' on Harry as a non-Looper. And a bit as an early looper (though Harry hadn't realized he was looping at the time).
- Cool Old Guy: Instead of admonishing Harry over his treatment of Umbridge in the Loops, he instead asked Harry if he had any photos.
- HeelFace Turn: From non-looping enemy to looping ally of Harry.
- Railroading: Had a nasty case of Setsuna Syndrome for a while, before he met Dr. Light.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: She resembles her younger self more than she does her adult self here.
- The Dreaded: Played for Laughs: In a snippet, its revealed that Harry's worst fear (thanks to a boggart) is that she might have some of his, Rons, and Hermiones more... embarrassing... moments in scrapbooks that she keeps in her Pocket.
- Out of Focus: Compared to the other Loopers, yeah.
- Physical God: In a bar snippet, he apparently created a moon just for other Loopers to bash it around.
- Happily Married: To Harry.
- Out of Focus: Was obscured by Mythos hackers from memory, effectively vanishing her from the world for several thousand Loops. Harry was not happy when he found out.
- Butt-Monkey: Bad things tend to happen to this guy, a lot. Given what he's like even when Awake, he has it coming.
- Characterization Marches On: Started looping as a vaguely psychopathic asshole who killed nuisances and people he didn't like. Vanished from the record for a while and resurfaced as a snarky, annoying git who kept up the assholeness for the sake of appearances.
- Token Evil Teammate: Is perfectly willing to try and kill someone for annoying him. It backfired when he tried it on Chrysalis.
- Upper-Class Twit: Looping has done nothing to shake this.
- Sizeshifter: He gained this ability as a result of a Fused Loop with the Marvel Universe, having replaced Ant-Man.
Fred and George Weasley
- Refuge in Audacity: One of his more memorable stunts after he started Looping was to show up to a Death Eater meeting and claim he "was Voldermort's second in command, remember?" (It apparently took him several tries to find a Voldemort who didn't kill him on sight, though).
- Late to the Party: For context, his first loop was before the Ponies started Looping, easily billions of years before his second loop.
- Rei Ayanami Expy: Lampshaded. Apparently the Universe thought it was funny that Rei had an army of clones, and spread them across the universe.
- Verbal Tic: speaks in an overtly flat, formal manner. Notably, she does this of her own accord.
Asuka Langley Sohryu
- Tsundere: the prototypical Tsundere, albeit one who asserts that she has a very good reason for it, i.e. her traumatic life.
- True Companions: After Gendo starts Looping, and Shinji manages to convince her and Kaoru to stop attacking him, she tells him that if he hurts Shinji, or anyone else, All. Bets. Are. Off.
- Humanoid Abomination: The Seventeenth Angel. Decent guy, and very much the most grounded, sane, and empathetic looper in Tokyo Three.
- Nice Guy: Natch. See above.
- Talking Animal: A natural consequence of being a looping penguin.
- Everything's Better with Penguins: Yes. It is.
- Canon Foreigner: The oldest example in the loops. The Ree aren't from baseline Evangelion, but rather are from a variant that let them loop... somehow.
- The Dreaded: Everyone is afraid of them, especially for their trademarked noise. No one knows- "Heeeeeyyyy".
- Recursive Fanfiction: They're from Nobody Dies. They were one of the first cases of a fanmade character beginning to loop.
- Go Loopy From The Revelation: Gendo, rather than most loopers, was accidentally activated by the mind crushingly stupid MLE, Billy.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Well... friend is stretching it. No one, barring loopers activated after him and the ponies, like him. In fact, many of the older loopers have attacked him on sight. This includes his fellow Eva Loopers.
- After he starts to slip towards the Despair Event Horizon due to this treatment, however, Shinji confronts the other Loopers and gets them to start backing down.
- The Woobie: His wife is dead, his son hates him (initially, at least), and a good deal of the multiverses Loopers like him about as much as Shinji does. Gendo isn't exactly in a good place.
- Iron Woobie: Despite this though, Gendo still, through force of will alone, cows a gigantic chunk of the multiverse.
- Unexpected Character: The idea of Gendo Looping was inconceivable for many reasons. Other than the fact that he's one of the most hated men in the multiverse, the Eva universe is one of the seven oldest Looping universes. Their Awakening rate had slowed down significantly, and a new looper, let alone Gendo of all people, was highly unlikely as a result. Then Billy came along, and that was the end of that.
- Majorly Awesome: What exactly is the first thing Major Katsuragi does when she travels back in time? Marches right into Gendo's office and tries to assassinate him for all the hell he put her friends and wards through. She would have succeeded as well if Gendo hadn't been a Jedi.
- Drop the Hammer: her primary weapon is a grenade launcher hammer combo. She's awesome.
- Otaku: duh.
Minako Aino/Sailor Venus
- It's What I Do: How she justifies going out of her way to help anyone's relationships: she's a Love Goddess.
- Love Goddess: She goes out of her way to help everyone with their relationships (even friendly one) because she has that title.
- Secret Keeper: One of the few who know who The Winx Club Loops' Mystery Looper is. All she has to say about his identity is that he's an idiot.
Setsuna Meioh/Sailor Pluto
- Railroading: Setsuna named Setsuna Syndrome, a condition when loopers come to see the baseline events as sacred and not to be interfered with. Railroading is one of the main symptoms. While the looping Setsuna no longer displays this behavior, Unawake Loop-Aware versions of her sometimes do.
Michiru Kaioh/Sailor Neptune
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Accidentally responsible for worsening Helia's Setsuna Syndrome.
- The Prankster: Among the best in the Loops, even claiming the title of best prankster of all for a while after pranking Naruto.
- Secret Keeper: One of the few who know who The Winx Club Loops' Mystery Looper is.
- Official Couple: Implied to be this with Amelia.
- Power of the Storm: Capable of doing this.
- Sensor Character: He was able to sense several thousand Kryptonians in space heading towards Earth when he Looped into DC Comics during the War of the Supermen.
Amelia Wil Tesla Seyruun
- Official Couple: Implied to be this with Zelgadis.
- White Mage: Capable of using this for both healing and Light 'em Up.