BEWEAR OF MAJOR UNMARKED SPOILERS
Black Bart Bartolomeo ฿300,000,000
Captain of the Barto Club, a former mafia prince turned pirate. Quirky, juvenile, ruthless, yet fiercely loyal, hes not too hard to befriend but is a nightmare to fight.
- Barrier Warrior: The Barrier-Barrier Fruit allows him to create indestructible barriers out of thin air, and hes been practicing with it since at least the age of 11.
- Big Brother Instinct: To Apis, surprisingly. She even calls him "big bro."
- Bring It: Does this to the Five Elder Stars.
- Defiant to the End: The Barto Club intend to make Boa Hancock remember them for the rest of her life.
- Glad I Thought of It: Takes credit for punching out Saint Pinnz, but it was actually Gin.
- The Nicknamer: Tends to give his officers nicknames, while the infantry are "the mooks."
- No-Sell: Is completely immune to Hancock's Love-Love Beam due to his dedication and admiration for Luffy.
- Only One Name: Just Bartolomeo. Though only having one name is normal in the One Piece world.
- Red Baron: "Black Bart."
- Shaping Your Attacks: Bartolomeo can shape his barriers into a variety of things.
- Troll: His defining character trait. His antagonism is ironic, since his Devil Fruit is inherently defensive.
- Tsundere: Yes, really. It's subtle, but Barto legitimately values Gin's opinions and ideas as his first mate. He'd just never openly admit it.
- Weapon of Choice: A flamethrower Case made for him at his request.
Improvising Engineer Avery D. Case ฿98,000,000
The main protagonist, a genderfluid brown bear mink and the blacksmith/shipwright of the Barto Club. Delicate like a sledgehammer but soft like their fur.
- Ambiguous Gender: Identifies as genderfluid, looks androgynous, and their biological sex hasn't been revealed, though Milly implies they might be biologically female... possibly.
- Gender-Blender Name: Even their name is androgynous.
- Animal Motifs: Bears, of course.
- Badass Longcoat: Case wears an armored one.
- Beast Man: Case is a brown bear Mink, though they don't have the zoological expertise to pinpoint what kind of brown bear. Word of God, however, is that Case is a Kodiak bear Mink, the largest recognized subspecies of brown bear, and one of the two largest bear subspecies alive today, the other being the polar bear.
- Berserk Button: Do not harm a hair on Milly's head, or you will regret it.
- Bi the Way: Word of God, Case is pansexual and polyamorous.
- The Blacksmith: It's in their job description. In addition to the Barto Club's shipwright, they're the crew's blacksmith.
- Casual Kink: Big crafting projects, particularly involving large structures, seem to be akin to sex for Case.
- Combat Pragmatist: Case frequently relies on their improvisational skills in fights.
- Conveniently an Orphan: When reborn, Case found themselves the only Mink in an East Blue orphanage, apparently having been dropped on their doorstep. It remains to be seen how they got there before waking up in the One Piece world.
- Covert Pervert: Has a tendency to check out Moirai, Cuttup, and Calliope in the narration. So far, they haven't done this with anyone but those three.
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique: Their Sulong form, like all minks, which greatly amplifies their physical abilities but turns them into a berserker and drains their energy rapidly, risking death. Practice allows one to get the form under control, but Case doesnt have access to anyone to teach them.
- Deadpan Snarker: They have their moments.
- Determinator: They're a D, and they have the willpower to back it up.
- Drink Order: Honey mead, usually, but has also been known to order a blackberry mead cocktail.
- Embarrassing Nickname: The Paynes call them Casey and Bartolomeo calls them Crafty.
- The Engineer: It's in the title and their epithet. Case is the one who makes and maintains the Barto Club's equipment. They're even sometimes called the Barto Club's "toymaker."
- Forgets to Eat: Case often has to have other crew members make sure they eat and sleep when they get caught up in a big crafting project.
- Gadgeteer Genius: This comes naturally to them with their Devil Fruit.
- Good Bearent: Case is a very reliable and patient bearent with Milly and Torque, though admittedly spoils them a bit.
- Good Is Not Nice: Suppose "good" is a bit of a stretch, but Case is an unapologetic Jerkass.
- Hidden Depths: It's implied Case might have some self-deprecation issues over being an unapologetic ass.
- They seem to be a skilled sculptor, implying some artistic creativity.
- Whenever Case hears about a huge revamping or repair project they can undertake, they react as if they've just found the holy grail... of sex.
- In fact, major remodeling, upgrading, or repairing projects seem to be comparable to sex for Case.
- Jerkass: Self-admitted and unapologetically. Deconstructed, though, in that Case feels they aren't a good romantic match for Cuttup or Moirai, feeling they need someone gentler and kinder.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite being an ass, Case tries to use their assholery for good.
- Genre Savvy: They're a One Piece fan sent into the One Piece world. This is to be expected.
- Genius Bruiser: While not treated like a genius, Case is still Genre Savvy, a Gadgeteer Genius, and Mr. Fixit. While not even in the top three strongest on the crew, they're still a very capable and resourceful fighter.
- Healing Factor: Minks recover faster than Humans. Not to the point of regeneration, though.
- Living Emotional Crutch: To Calliope, oddly enough. Deconstructed, in that it's not exactly a healthy relationship at first. Post-therapy, it seems to be reversed.
- Master of Unlocking: Case can use the Craft-Craft Fruit to turn their fingers into locksmithing tools. No pin or tumbler lock is safe from them. Case's room notably has no key for its lock. The only way to get into Case's room is to pick the lock, and Case built the lock themselves, so you'd need to be a master lockpicker to get past it.
- Mama Bear / Papa Wolf: Threaten Milly? Youre in trouble.
- Mr. Fixit: Case's Devil Fruit and knowledge make them the perfect repairbear, and they often earn extra cash for the Barto Club by offering islands repair services.
- The Nicknamer: Tends to give their friends playful nicknames. Moirai is Ray, Cuttup is Cutty, Gin is Whiskey, Bartolomeo is Cap'n, Goldenweek is Goldie, Valentine is Val, Mr. 5 is just Five, Milly is sometimes Mills, and Calliope is Cal.
- No-Sell: Case found themselves immune to Bao Hancock's Love-Love Beam due to an admittedly confused sexuality.
- Oblivious to Love: It seemed that way at first... Luckily Case didn't stay oblivious for long.
- Omnidisciplinary Scientist: Of the Mr. Fixit variety. Engineer, mechanic, repairbear, blacksmith, shipwright, carpenter, stonemason, builder, leatherworker, fletcher, bowyer, sculptor, tailor, locksmith, gadgeteer, roboticist, cyberneticist.
- Red Baron: At first "Odd Jobs," but then "Improvising Engineer."
- Shapeshifter Weapon: The Craft-Craft Fruit allows the user to turn their limbs into any tool they can imagine, and most of them make good weapons.
- Shock and Awe: An inherent ability of all minks is powerful bioelectricity. Case uses it in conjunction with the power tools that they can produce with their powers.
- Talented, but Trained: Case was an engineering student in their previous life. While their Devil Fruit certainly brings their skills to superpowered levels and gives them any tool needed for the job, they still had to learn what they know.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Honey-glazed salmon and mead. It's what they're most commonly shown eating.
- Transgender: Case identifies as non-binary genderfluid, and is consistently referred to with "they/them" pronouns. He and her are sometimes used, but generally only in dialogue when a minor character is making an assumption. As Case explains to Calliope, sometimes they feel more male, sometimes they feel more female, but they never feel completely male or female, and most often feel split down the middle.
- Troll: Not as much as Bartolomeo, but Case can be a bit of a gadfly at times.
- Ultimate Blacksmith: Mmmm... Not quite. While there are very few weapons and armor the Barto Club uses that Case didn't personally craft, or at least upgrade, it remains to be seen if Case will surpass or match Franky or Usopp even with their Devil Fruit.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Minks can't stand the heat.
- Weapon of Choice: Besides the tools they can make with their Devil Fruit, Case carries a harpoon rifle, a bazooka-like cannon, and Milly.
Clown Care Payne Cuttup ฿50,000,000
A clownfish merman and doctor of the Barto Club. Cases childhood friend and Moirai's twin brother.
- Adorkable: Was absolutely giddy that he got his own office with his name on the door like a proper doctor.
- Ambiguously Bi: Doesn't exactly seem to mind the attention he gets from guys and girls alike, but so far has only shown interest in Case.
- Chick Magnet / Dude Magnet: Cuttup is a merman who can easily be mistaken for a mermaid. He gets plenty of attention from both sexes.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Pretty face, long hair, and the fact that he wears skirts and dresses since he can't wear pants but grew up surrounded by people who wore bottom garments.
- Fantastic Science: Doctor Gallows gave him his old Devil Fruit Encyclopedia, and he's been studying it ever since.
- Hospital Hottie: He's a doctor and often gets a lot of attention from both men and women, either because they've never seen a merfolk before or because they assume he's a girl.
- Keet: Downplayed, but Cuttup is consistently cheerful.
- Labcoat of Science and Medicine: Often wears a lab coat.
- Meaningful Name: Cuttup. He's both a surgeon and a clownfish.
- Mr. Exposition: He's the smartest member of the crew, so he tends to be the one to explain things.
- The Medic: He's the crew's doctor, so natch.
- No-Sell: As a clownfish Merman, he's resistant to most poisons and acids.
- Non-Action Guy: All of Cuttup's skills are purely supportive or utility. He is not a fighter and usually stays in his office or somewhere else that's safe and away from the action when the crew is fighting.
- Out of Focus: Compared to Moirai and Calliope, he hasn't gotten as much screen time.
- Red Baron: "Clown Care."
- Shorter Means Smarter: Is a very intelligent doctor and only four feet tall.
- The Smart Guy: The smartest member of the crew.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: He wears glasses.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Like all Merfolk, Cuttup can communicate with and command fish.
- Super Doc: Physician, surgeon, veterinarian, pediatrician, midwife, biologist, botanist, chemist, psychologist, therapist, scholar, Devil Fruit expert. One has to wonder just what kind of training Doctor Gallows put him through.
- Super Wheelchair: Subverted. Cuttup's wheelchair is completely mundane.
- Token Mini-Moe: Rare male example. Out of his wheelchair, Cuttup is only four feet tall from head to tail.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Wears skirts and dresses. He can't wear pants due to being a Merman, but grew up around leg-using people, and so feels uncomfortable without something to cover his lower half.
Amazon Tigershark Payne Moirai ฿20,000,000
A tiger shark fishwoman and helmswoman of the Barto Club. Cases childhood friend and Cuttup's twin sister.
- Amazonian Beauty: Textbook example.
- Ambiguously Bi: She was affected by Boa Hancock's Love-Love Beam, but hasn't shown any attraction to anyone else besides Case.
- Bear Your Abs: My word, you could grind meat on those.
- Boobs of Steel: As well-endowed as most One Piece women and the third-strongest member of the Barto Club.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Moirai fights with a pair of gauntlets covered in her own shed shark teeth. Her style seems to be a mix of boxing and brawling.
- Height Angst: She's ten feet tall, and she's not always happy about it.
- Heroic Build: Rare female example. Moirai is ripped.
- Meganekko: She wears glasses.
- Muscle Angst: Moirai has some body image issues over how muscular she is.
- Muscles Are Meaningful: Swole as all hell and the third-strongest member of the Barto Club.
- Nice Hat: Wears a baseball cap.
- Obliviously Beautiful: Moirai has body image issues due to her muscles, height, shark-like nature, and being a female of a race where women are seemingly rare. But if Case's observations and Milly's words are any indication, Moirai is quite the beauty.
- Pressure Point: Calliope has been teaching Moirai some pressure point techniques, though all she can do right now is induce fatigue.
- Red Baron: "Amazon Tigershark."
- Shrinking Violet: Downplayed example, but Moirai is shown to be a bit on the shy side.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's ten feet tall, so she takes this Up to Eleven.
- Stripperific: Moirai is rarely seen in more than a grass skirt and a black bikini top.
- Training from Hell: Self-subjected. Moirai has trained her knuckles raw to get strong enough to protect Case and Cuttup.
- The Voiceless: She never spoke until Cuttup was kidnapped near the end of Chapter 2.
- The Silent Bob: What she became after chapter 2. She talks now, but only rarely.
- Unexplained Accent: She has a Welsh accent.
- Weapon of Choice: A pair of wootz steel gauntlets embedded with Moirai's own shed shark teeth. The feeling of getting hit with them is comparable to being punched with a paper shredder.
Man-Demon Gin ฿120,000,000
First mate of the Barto Club and former first mate of the Krieg Pirates, he made a clean break after their defeat at the Straw Hats hands. He brought Bartolomeo a galleon to fix up as collateral to join the crew, and fell into his role nicely.
- Ambiguously Bi: Didn't seem to mind when he found out that the cute mermaid who was giving him treatments was a guy.
- Badass Normal: He relies on brute force, acrobatics, and a pair of tonfa with cannonball-sized orbs on their tips. And hes the second strongest in the crew.
- Ill Guy: Due to the effects of Krieg's poison, Gin only has a few decades to live.
- Number Two: To Bartolomeo. Gin does most of the ship's and infantry's management while Bartolomeo handles the important decisions. While they have a very Vitriolic Best Buds relationship, it's clear Barto values his first mate's opinions and ideas. He'd just never openly admit it.
- Only One Name: Much like Bartolomeo, he's just Gin. But again, this is pretty normal in the One Piece world.
- Red Baron: "Man-Demon."
- Team Mom: Gin's something of a mother hen.
- Wouldn't Hurt a Child: Gin seems incapable of harming children, to the point he couldn't fight "Freefall" Abigail.
- Weapon of Choice: Tonfa with cannonballs attached at the end. He also carries a shotgun for ranged option.
Dragon Priestess Apis ฿10,000,000
Lookout of the Barto Club Pirates, a ten-year-old girl who was inspired by the Barto Clubs defense of her home and joined them as they left, along with her dragon friend Lindy.
- Archer Archetype: Case makes Apis a crossbow when she complains about not being useful enough.
- Friend to All Living Things: Subverted. She can talk to animals, but that doesn't mean they'll automatically like or obey her.
- No Pronunciation Guide: It's apparently pronounced "Ah-peace," not "Ape-iss."
- No-Sell: Was immune to Hancock's Love-Love Beam because she's prepubescent and thus too young to feel lust.
- Only One Name: Just Apis. She doesn't seem to have a surname.
- Red Baron: "Dragon Priestess."
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Thanks to her Devil Fruit, the Whisper-Whisper Fruit. Apis often acts as a translator for any animals the Barto Club comes across.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: She's taken to the pirate life oddly well...
- Weapon of Choice: A crossbow called "The Impaler" that Case made for her. She's still practicing with it...
Impaler Lindworm ฿75,000,000
Short for Lindworm, a newly reincarnated Millennial Dragon and Apiss friend and bodyguard.
- Expy: Of Abridged Alucard.
- No-Sell: He was immune to Hancock's Love-Love Beam because "there's no one alive who can comprehend his sexual preference."
- Our Dragons Are Different: According to Cuttup, theyre not actually dragons, just giant birds of prey. Case dismisses this almost immediately considering how draconian they are.
- Red Baron: "Impaler."
Harvests Bounty Avery D. Milly ฿1,000,000
Cases daughter and cabin girl of the Barto Club, an M4 carbine assault rifle fused with the Human-Human Fruit, Model: Dryad, a mythical Zoan. Pure and innocent despite her family, but a valuable asset in combat as well.
- Cuddle Bug: Often is either in Case or Torque's arms or on their shoulders. She also tends to curl up with Case to sleep in their bed.
- The Glomp: Tends to give flying hugs into people's chests.
- Cute Monster Girl: Adorable, in fact.
- Equippable Ally: At any time, Milly can turn into a fully-functional M4 assault rifle.
- Go Out with a Smile: When Aileen is about to kill her, she shows that she deserves the initial of D. by smiling, at peace due to Case and the other officers making her life a happy one.
- Green Thumb: Milly can spontaneously sprout any plant her spirit has previously possessed. It's more useful for utility than combat, though Milly has the potential to fuse plants into new ones once she gets older.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: She seems immune to the hardships of pirate life, remaining a pure and innocent child.
- Meaningful Name: Her name comes from "M4" and "lilly."
- Morality Pet: For pretty much the entire crew; even the hardest of them have a soft spot for her, not wanting to make her cry.
- Mundane Utility: So far, Milly's powers aren't very useful for combat. She has, however, found plenty of use for them in growing crops for the crew.
- No-Sell: Milly was immune to Hancock's Love-Love Beam either due to being too young to feel lust or due to being a Plant Person and thus not having a mammalian reproductive system.
- Plant Person: Milly is a dryad, so natch.
- Red Baron: "Harvest's Bounty."
- Sweet Tooth: After being given a banana split by Commodore Crow, Milly has developed a taste for sweets.
- Utility Party Member: She's a crop-grower, an Equippable Ally, and a Morality Pet, so she's largely this.
- Weaksauce Weakness: As a Plant Person, Milly can't stand cold, fire, or herbicides.
Megaton Mr. 5 ฿24,000,000
Gunner of the Barto Club, a former officer of Baroque Works. Relatively stoic and a ruthless assassin, his dream is to be a firefighter.
- Gun Nut: And how, to the point of personifying his revolver.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Has quite the explosive temper. Case often has to fix things he blows up during temper tantrums.
- I Call It "Vera": Named his revolver "Burleigh." She's a dirty, dirty girl.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: "Mr. 5" is just a codename. After Oda revealed his real name of Gem, he eventually revealed it to the crew when he decided to stay permanently, but chose to continue going by his codename.
- Red Baron: "Megaton."
- Weapon of Choice: In addition to a revolver to fire explosive breath bullets, Case made Mr. 5 a sword at his request that he can run his blood through built-in grooves for detonating sword swings.
Kiloton Miss Valentine ฿35,000,000
Head chef of the Barto Club, a former officer of Baroque Works. High-spirited yet sadistic, her dream is to be a chocolatier.
- Chef of Iron: While not the best fighter on the crew, Miss Valentine can hold her own and is a great chef.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Not exactly feminine, but has a girlish laugh, wears dresses, wields a parasol, and is the Barto Club's head chef.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: "Miss Valentine" is a codename. After Oda revealed her real name of Mikita, she eventually revealed it to the crew when she decided to stay permanently, but chose to continue going by her codename.
- Red Baron: "Kiloton."
- Supreme Chef: She prefers cooking desserts, but her food is great regardless.
- Sweet Baker: Subverted. She's a baker, dessert chef, and chocolatier, but she's hardly as sweet as the food she makes.
- Team Chef: Barto Club's head chef.
- Weapon of Choice: A parasol with a sword built into the handle.
Colors Trap Miss Goldenweek ฿10,000,000
Navigator of the Barto Club, a former officer of Baroque Works. Stoic and laid back to the point of fault, she is a master hypnotist who dreams of being a world-famous painter.
- Eccentric Artist: She's a painter and quite weird.
- No-Sell: Is immune to Boa Hancock's Love-Love Beam due to her hypnotic paints suppressing her lust.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: "Miss Goldenweek" is just a codename. After Oda revealed her real name of Marianne, she eventually revealed it to the crew when she decided to stay permanently, but chose to continue going by her codename.
- Red Baron: "Colors Trap."
- The Reliable One: Subverted. For a navigator, she's hardly reliable.
- The Stoic: Due to emotionally castrating herself with her paints, Miss Goldenweek is quite stoic.
- Terse Talker: Most conversations with her tend to be rather... efficient.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: How she reacts to most of the antics around her.
- Utility Party Member: While her paint hypnosis is quite formidable, she's quite a weak fighter.
- Weapon of Choice: While it hasn't been seen yet, Case has apparently built her a paintball gun.
- Yum Yum: Is rarely seen not munching on rice crackers.
"White Steed" Loch Ness - ฿100,000
Scouting ship of the Barto Club and Case's personal mount, known as Nessie for short. She's a Yagara Bull from Water 7 who got swept away from the town in the last Aqua Laguna, washing up on Redbough Island. The Barto Club brought her on with the intent to return her to Water 7.
- Cool Horse: She's a white Yagara Bull with a pimped out carriage on her back.
- Horse of a Different Color: Despite being distinctly horse-like, she's clearly an aquatic sea creature with a carriage box on her back.
- I Choose to Stay: After she was given a bounty from the Enies Lobby incident, she chose to permanently stay with the Barto Club.
- Mounted Combat: Case can do battle in open water from the carriage on her back.
- Out of Focus: Due to her aquatic nature she often has to ride alongside the ship or stay in a pool in the cargo hold, so she hasn't gotten as much screen time as the rest of the crew.
- Power-Up Mount: Can allow even a Devil Fruit user to do battle in open water. She's built for power, speed, and is far more maneuverable and responsive than a boat.
- Red Baron: "White Steed."
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: She was assumed to be male until Apis clarified.
Warforged Avery D. Torque ฿35,000,000
Boatswain of the Barto Club and harvesting robot. A four-armed automaton built by Case, treated as their son. Powerful but naïve.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot / Benevolent A.I.: Case sure did program Torque well!
- Artificial Family Member: Case considers him their son and Milly considers him her little brother. He even has their surname.
- Big Little Brother: Despite being much bigger than her, Milly considers Torque her "little" brother, since he's chronologically younger than her. Torque does not object, and considers Milly his big sister in kind.
- Do-Anything Robot / Single Task Robot: Played with. While he has quite a lot of cool gadgets, Torque is first and foremost a harvesting and mining robot. However, his tools are still combat-capable, and his programming doesn't restrict him from enjoying or taking part in other tasks.
- Eating Machine: Case built Torque with the ability to eat, and even gave him a sense of taste. The food is converted into biofuel.
- Expy: Of Mr. Torgue from Borderlands 2
- Frickin' Laser Beams: As if he wouldnt have one.
- Just a Machine: Subverted. Torque is consistently treated like a full-fledged person.
- No Indoor Voice: His words are almost never spoken softly.
- No-Sell: Due to not being alive, Torque is immune to Conqueror's Haki.
- He was also immune to Hancock's Love-Love Beam for the same reason.
- Pinocchio Syndrome: Of a sorts. Torque doesn't want to be human so much as he just wants to be alive.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: It's when Torque isn't shouting that you have to worry.
- Red Baron: "Warforged."
- Ridiculously Human Robot: He eats, he sort-of sleeps, and he has a rather explosive personality.
- Robot Buddy: He lacks the size, cuteness, and versatility often associated with this trope, but he's rarely not by Case's side and is quite friendly with most of the crew.
- The Sleepless: Torque doesn't sleep. He just enters a routine period of inactivity where he remains completely aware of his surroundings.
- Sound-Effect Bleep: Case designed Torque with a built-in profanity censor.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Has a bit of a fixation with explosions.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Seems to love anything ridiculously spicy.
Man-Eater Calliope ฿80,000,000
Musician of the Barto Club, a former slave of Saint Pinnz the World Noble, the Barto Club rescued her when they attacked Pinnzs cruise vessel and she elected to stay with them.
- Absolute Cleavage: Downplayed, but her halter dresses are rather low-cut...
- All Women Are Lustful: She's certainly a bit on the shameless side. I mean, her choice of swimsuit on Spa Island was a sling swimsuit!
- All Women Love Shoes: Averted. She never wears shoes, partly because she doesn't need them in her hybrid form.
- Breast Expansion: She is noticeably bustier and curvier in hybrid form than in human form.
- Big Breast Pride: She certainly seems to enjoy wearing low-cut halters in hybrid form...
- Broken Bird: She was the slave of a World Noble all her life. It's remarkable she's not in worse shape. She's getting better, though.
- Buxom Is Better: Possibly why she prefers her hybrid form. Her human form has rather waifish curves.
- Calling Your Attacks: Calliope's Knocking seems to be named after tempo speeds in music, with the faster the tempo called, the stronger the effect.
- Casual Kink: Seems to have a thing for Case's fur, though whether it's a sexual thing or just being a Cuddle Bug is a little unclear. Case even wonders if she's a furry.
- Charm Person: Downplayed, but her succubus powers make her naturally more attractive to people.
- Cuddle Bug: She sure seems to enjoy Case's lap...
- Curves in All the Right Places: She's a succubus, so... natch. Notable in that her Devil Fruit gives her them in hybrid form.
- Cute Monster Girl: Prefers her hybrid form over her human form. It just feels more comfortable to her.
- Dangerously Short Skirt: Prefers halter dresses with these. Implied to flash people when she bends over.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: She never expected to be free. Now she's trying to figure out what to do with her life. She's starting to realize she's found her True Companions, though.
- The Diva: Shows shades of it.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Played with. She doesn't need them, nor can she wear them, in her hybrid form due to having horns on her heels that make her walk as if she's always wearing high heels, and while she's never openly expressed a dislike for shoes, she's never expressed a desire to wear them either.
- Drink Order: Strawberry sunrise, no ice, with a little umbrella, it seems.
- Eldritch Abomination: Her full succubus form is implied to show shades of it, including enemies going mad from the sight of it.
- Eyes Never Lie: Case observes that, while kuudere, Calliope has rather expressive eyes if you look closely enough.
- Fanservice Pack: Goes from East!Blue Nami-level curves and bust to Boa Hancock-level curves and bust when changing from human to hybrid form.
- Fanservice with a Smile: Worked at Entomolia Kingdom's Arachnera Wharf's tavern as a barmaid and dancer.
- Gainaxing: To be expected when you're her size and don't wear a bra. Rare in writing, though.
- Hates Being Alone: See "Broken Bird" above.
- Hello, Nurse!: With her powers of attraction, curves, and succubus nature, she turns heads.
- Heroic Seductress: Calliope has no problem using her attractiveness to her or others' benefit.
- Horny Devils: User of the Succubus Mythical Zoan, capable of effortlessly seducing anyone she wants, regardless of gender, and feeds on well, you know.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl / Shameless Fanservice Girl: It's a little unclear which she is... Possibly both.
- Kuudere: Explicitly called such in the narration. It seems to just be her natural personality, rather than a result of trauma.
- Lightning Bruiser: She's a speedster, rivaling Shave.
- Lounge Lizard: Of sorts. She does most of her singing and dancing in the ship's lounge.
- Male Gaze: A not-insignificant part of the narrative is spent describing Calliope's body, curves, and bust. Justified in that it's largely Case's observations, and they're a bit of a Covert Pervert.
- Meaningful Name: She's named after one of the Greek muses, and is the crew's musician.
- Ms. Fanservice: She's a musician who ate a succubus Zoan. Somewhat downplayed example, though.
- No-Sell: Calliope was unaffected by Boa Hancock's Love-Love Beam. As she put it, "you can't drown a fish."
- Only One Name: Justified, since she's a lifelong slave. Though in the One Piece world, not having a surname is pretty common.
- Pressure Point: Calliope's "Knocking" strikes at the body's pressure points to induce a variety of effects. Regular Knocking is painless, while Impact Knocking adds intense pain on top of the usual effect.
- The Paralyzer: The most common effect of Calliope's Knocking. However, some enemies can fight against it or even break through it through sheer willpower.
- Purple Eyes: In hybrid form, Calliope's eyes turn purple.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Has black hair and is noted to be quite pale.
- Red Baron: "Man-Eater."
- Sex Slave: She was this to Saint Pinnz, the World Noble, before she was rescued. Played with, however, in that she was more his personal servant, used for far more than just sex. She was responsible for his entertainment in general, and so also practiced massages, singing, and dancing. Hence why she became the Barto Club's musician.
- Sexy Backless Outfit: Calliope prefers wearing halter dresses due to her wings.
- She's Got Legs: Hot damn, does she!
- Single-Target Sexuality: She's shown literally no interest in anyone else but Case. Case even asked her if she was a furry, though not being from Earth, she was unfamiliar with the term and reacted in confusion.
- The Tease: She played this up with Case at first, until they set her straight.
- Vapor Wear: Due to her upbringing, she doesn't even know what bras and panties are.
- Waif-Fu: Lithe, curvy, yet capable of kicking ass with her Knocking.
No bounty (yet)
Working animal of the Barto Club. The former pet of Arlong, he is a sea cow marine mammal. The Barto Club met him in the calm belt and he helped Apis negotiate with the Sea Kings. He helped them get through the Calm Belt, but they went separate ways when they returned to Paradise. However, he returned to the Barto Club later, offering to pull their ship, The Cannibal, due to valuing their company and protection.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Momoo is a gigantic sea cow.
- Lovable Coward: For such a large, carnivorous beast, he's surprisingly fast to turn tail and run at the drop of a hat.
- Mix-and-Match Critter: He's a carnivorous fish-cow who is not a Sea King, but a large marine mammal.
- Team Pet: He was one for the Arlong Pirates. But on a crew with Nessie and Lindy, he's now one of three.
Elite Mooks" Barto Club Infantry ฿2,500,000 per head
The 250 member infantry of the Barto Club, consisting of a mixture of Barto Club mafia gangsters and former Krieg pirates.
- Breakout Mook Character: Mitchell and Eve, it seems.
- Conservation of Ninjutsu: Played with. The Barto Club Infantry tend to fight other infantry that have greater numbers than them, but the Barto Club's infantry has better equipment, better training, and many are cyborgs to varying degrees.
- Crippling Overspecialization: Not crippling nor over, but each member of the Barto Club is divided into separate divisions. There's a maintenance crew, cannoneers, kitchen staff, medical team, navigation team, the band, and a group to take care of the orchard and hydroponics bay. Each officer is typically the leader and commander of the mooks with the specialty of their role, so Case leads the maintenance crew, while Miss Valentine commands the kitchen staff.
- Elite Mooks: Their epithet, and what they become thanks to Case's training, equipment, and upgrades.
- Even Mooks Have Loved Ones: Two of them get married and have a baby on the way.
- Faceless Goons: Defied. When Case built them armor, they specifically avoided any face coverings so as not to invoke this trope.
- Mauve Shirt: What they've become after getting their bounties. Lampshaded.
- Men Are the Expendable Gender: Subverted. The Barto Club infantry are roughly 10% female.
- Mooks: Frequently referred to as such, though they resent this terminology. Likely because, Trope-wise, it's inaccurate.
- Red Baron: "Elite Mooks."
- Redshirt Army: Subverted. Not a one of them have died, and many are given names. Case in particular has made a point to memorize each of their names and faces. Case has, in fact, been training, equipping, and upgrading them to explicitly avoid this.
Case's Benevolent Random Omnipotent Being. Brought them to the One Piece world after they died and has been guiding them with a gentle hand ever since, even granting them Boons.
- Ambiguous Gender: Case's BROB is consistently referred to with "her(?)" and "she(?)" pronouns. Case finds their BROB motherly, but just isn't sure she(?) even has a gender.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Punched out Cross's BROB when they threatened to interfere during a meeting between Case and Cross.
- God Is Good: It's in her(?) title. However, she's(?) not the only deity, and it's implied she's(?) not very high on the deity totem pole.
Doctor of the Barto Club mafia, a Paradise veteran enjoying his retirement in a comparatively relaxing atmosphere. Adopted father to Case and the Payne twins.
- Cool Old Guy: Old, retired, and needs a cane to get around, but a good adoptive parent, Paradise veteran, and masterful doctor.
- Gentleman and a Scholar: Intelligent and a masterful doctor, but pleasant, well-adjusted, and socially-engaging.
- Good Parents: Despite being adopted, he's a very good father to Case, Cuttup, and Moirai.
- The Medic: He is this to the Barto Club mafia back in Loguetown.
- Passing the Torch: Has passed on all his medical knowledge, and his Devil Fruit Encyclopedia, to Cuttup.
- The Professor: Shows shades of it.
- Retired Badass: Despite his age and needing a cane now, he's a veteran of Paradise, and even met a few Minks. More importantly, he was strong enough to adventure in Paradise and live long enough to retire.
- True Companions:Doctor Gallows: "From time to time there arise among human beings people who seem to exude love as naturally as the sun gives out heat."
Main protagonist of the Self-Insert Fic This Bites! and third mate and tactician of the Straw Hat Pirates. His claim to fame is using the snail transceiver he received to host a pirate radio show for all the world to hear.
- Flat "What": His reaction to Case calling in with a cryptic message that only someone from the real world could know.
- Hero of Another Story: And how! And you can actually read it!
- Large Ham Radio: One Piece's first radio star, his broadcasts are heard worldwide.
- Red Baron: "Voice of Anarchy."
- The Voice: So far, he's only been heard via Transponder Snail calls or Snail Transceiver broadcasts. This may change come Strong World, though.