As the name implies, Passion type idols are often energetic, enthusiastic, or extremely dedicated to their... well, passions. Their category color is yellow and theme emblem is a sunburst. From the original iM@S cast: Yukiho Hagiwara, Iori Minase, the Futami twins, and Miki Hoshii are Passion Type idols.
Go here for the main character index of THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls.
The Passion representative of the New Wave trio. Ako's motivation for becoming an idol is to strike it rich and live a life of luxury with her best friends, Sakura and Izumi.
- Beauty Mark
- Color-Coded Characters: Yellow, fitting with Izumi's Blue and Sakura's Red.
- Coordinated Clothes: Idol stage outfits with Izumi and Sakura.
- Expy: Shares design similarities with Dearly Star Ryo Akizuki.
- Idle Rich: Her goal in life.
- Ms. Vice Girl
- Power Trio: With Izumi and Sakura.
- Set Bonus: Her in-game cards are designed to work best with Izumi and Sakura.
- True Companions: Never makes an appearance without Sakura and Izumi.
A young girl from Oita whose family owns a boarding house.
- Family Business: A boarding house. She's been raised as its heir since she was little.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: As part of her boarding house owner training.
- Genki Girl
- Kimono Is Traditional: Most of her outfits are kimonos or kimono-inspired.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Raised to become one.
Fun loving woman from Osaka who was an Equestrian before becoming an idol.
- All Girls Like Ponies
- All Women Are Lustful: According to the Yonkoma skits, she's the most sexually aggressive idol.
- Born in the Saddle: Non-warrior type.
- Double Standard: Rape, Female on Male: She's frustrated by the Producer's Clueless Chick Magnet routine, and would have taken what she wanted if it weren't for other idols interrupting attempts. This is played for humor.
- Everyone Has Standards: In one Starlight Stage loading-screen comic, she's extremely disturbed by Tokiko's idea of the proper use for a whip.
- Kansai Regional Accent
- Nice Hat: Most of her idol outfits include a cowboy hat.
An American girl who dreams of love! Her favorite thing to eat is... hamburgers!
- Big Applesauce: The hammiest of all the Eagleland idols.
- Burger Fool: Her base card's outfit is based on a roller-skating burger waitress.
- Dark Secret: See Fauxreigner below.
- Eagleland: First flavor.
- Fauxreigner: It's true her parents are American and she was born in New York City... but she was raised in Japan. She isn't fluent in English and only knows about America from secondhand statements and overboard stereotypes. She's basically a fake American with a Japanese outlook, but actually American.
- Fiery Redhead
- National Stereotypes: A New Yorker who loves her hamboigahs.
- Shout-Out: Her entire character concept is a shout to THE iDOLM@STER 2 DLC song: Ai Like Hamburger; she evens says the opening line word for word. The hamburger creature seen on her Rare + card was originally featured on the cover art for THE iDOLM@STER Master Artist 02 Drama CD.
- Youthful Freckles: She has them.
A wild party going woman who's always having fun. She enjoys hard rock that's not too extreme or over-the-top.
- Bare Your Midriff: All her idol costumes.
- Boyish Short Hair: Sometimes get jealous of the long haired idols.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: According to her hobby.
- You Gotta Have Pink Hair: As depicted on her S Rare+ card.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Was found homeless by the Producer, but looked as beautiful as she always does.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: The Producer got her clothes, a place to stay, and employment as an idol.
- Christmas Card: She always gets new cards in the weeks leading to Christmas.
- Christmas Miracle: She needs help and the Producer is her miracle.
- Christmas Songs: She's all about them.
- Did I Mention It's Christmas?: She won't let you forget it.
- How the Character Stole Christmas: Someone took her presents and her Santa outfit.
- The Ingenue: She doesn't seem to realize how revealing her outfits can be.
- Funny Background Event: Her 2nd SSR+ card has Kurumi, Atsumi, and Hiromi in the background with everyone reaching for a bouquet thrown in the air except Atsumi.
- Lethal Joke Character: Her whole concept is rather silly, but she's a powerful buff card.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: She's either the real Santa/one of the real Santas, or a crazy homeless girl.
- Ms. Fanservice: Always wearing skimpy clothing. Started out with none at all.note
- Mystical White Hair: If she really is Saint Nicholas.
- Revenue-Enhancing Devices: Her card ranks among the most expensive to purchase.
- Santa Claus: Who she claims to be. Or rather, according to a line from a late-2013 event, she claims to be one among several Santas.
- Saving Christmas: If she can become a successful idol, she'll use the profits to buy everyone presents.
- Sexy Santa Dress: Hot pants version.
- Snot Bubble: Blitzen always has one. Even underwater.
- Status Buff: Her function in the card game, and she gives an incredibly massive boost.
- Surprise Santa Encounter: To be honest, this is her entire character concept.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Blitzen loves carrots.
An amateur dancer recruited by the Producer, after he witnessed her impromptu street performance.
- Bare Your Midriff: The stage costumes she wears are often this type.
- Cool Board: Able to perform all sorts of skateboard stunts.
- Girlish Pigtails: Hair style of choice, most often of the dual kind.
A woman whose natural talent and love for dancing led to becoming an idol.
- Badasses Wear Bandanas: Normal+ and Rare+ card illustrations.
- Bare Your Midriff: All her idol costumes.
- Happy Dance: Saying she loves to dance, is a tremendous understatement.
- Those Two Girls: With Yoko, who also likes exercising.
- Tomboyish Ponytail
A talented and energetic swimmer from Osaka.
- Bare Your Midriff: All her idol outfits except her Carnival in Space Rare.
- Boyish Short Hair
- Cleavage Window: Incorporated in many of her outfits, since they're mostly swimsuits.
- Fiery Redhead: Very passionate about swimming and idol work.
- Idiot Hair
- Passionate Sports Girl
- Walking Swimsuit Scene: Half of her cards feature her wearing swimsuits or swimsuit-inspired idol outfits. Justified because she's a professional swimmer.
A girl who feels the need to maintain strict social order and cleanliness among her peers. Intends to eventually become the Prime Minster of Japan.
- Absurdly Powerful Student Council: Wants to establish one.
- All Elections Are Serious Business: Goes all out to win an election.
- Control Freak: Her Berserk Button button is when people don't obey the rules. Has a special skill called: Rule Enforcement!
- The Leader: Will appoint or nominate herself the position. Has a special skill called: Team Leader Authority!
- Landslide Election: Hopes her idol fame will help invoke this when she runs for political office.
- Meganekko: When in street clothes. Wears contacts on stage.
- Neat Freak: Hates dirt more than she hates disorderly conduct.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Thinks of herself as one. The rebellious idols tend to disagree.
- Red Armband of Leadership: Proudly wears them on everything.
- Spring Cleaning Fever: On the Producer's apartment.
- The Rival: To all of the idols who are Japanese Delinquents.
- Student Council President: Forseen future position.
- Yellow Sash of Power: On the rare occasions she doesn't wear a Red Armband of Leadership.
A young woman from Kanagawa, Kumiko has a crush on the Producer and turns red when she thinks about him.
- Elegant Classical Musician: Not only because it's her hobby, in her second SR+ card, she is seen playing the piano.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: She usually wears her hair lose, but on her idolized cards, she usually has her hair tied in a ponytail.
- I Thought Everyone Could Do That: She is an amazingly great ketchup artist.
- Lonely Piano Piece: Has one to win over the Producer.
- Women Are Delicate: She uses a feminine stance when playing darts while the Producer is around, although this means failing at darts. But when he is not looking she uses a less elegant stance.
An energetic high school student who loves running.
- Bare Your Midriff: All idol outfits except her SR.
- Big Eater
- Boyish Short Hair
- Character Development: Despite loving running, she has very few stamina when she becomes an idol. She gets more as she progresses with idol work.
- Meganekko: Is a cute girl with glasses, and is never seen without them.
- Late for School: Carries a toast in this fashion in her Platinum Gacha rare.
- Passionate Sports Girl: About running.
- Trademark Favourite Food: Fanon has decided it's pudding, since she once asks producer if he likes it.
A cool surfer from Nagano.
- Artistic License Geography: Her main quirk is being a surfer, but she's from a landlocked prefecture that has no coastal area.
- Bare Your Midriff: All her idols outfits except her last three.
- Christmas Cake: Has a bit of a complex when she's in a unit with idols younger than her.
- Cool Big Sis: Talks as the Producer is her little brother, calling him using the suffix "-kun" and saying things like "Leave it to your big sister!"
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Changes from loose hair to a Tomboyish Ponytail from time to time.
- Passionate Sports Girl
A young American fashionista. Left her home in San Francisco to become an idol in Japan.
- A-Cup Angst: Aware she hasn't hit puberty, but still upset about it.
- Big Eater: Likes to eat, but only the best of foods.
- The Fashionista
- Girlish Pigtails
- Glacier Waif: Her in-game stats are defense focused, with special abilities that buffed them. She used to have the highest among Passion Type Idols, but has lost that distinction thanks to Power Creep.
- Hime Cut
- Lonely Rich Kid: When asleep, she often calls out for her mother.
- Ojou: Likes to be treated as such.
- Pride: Likes to be the center of attention, but is sweet about it.
- Rich in Dollars, Poor in Sense: She's only a kid afterall.
- Valley Girl: Assuming if Shown Their Work applies.
A young woman full of cheerfulness and desires to discover new places.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Seems to have taken a liking to putting her hair up during idol form in more recent cards.
- Meido: Was part of the 2012 Maid Collection gacha.
- Nice Hat: She wears one in all her non-idolized cards, and in most of her idolizes ones.
Dissatisfied with a slow moving corporate career, she becomes an idol to seek new avenues of opportunity.
- Office Lady: Career before becoming an idol.
- Thinks Like a Romance Novel: As she develops a crush on the producer, she stars relating herself to the romance novels' heroines she reads.
A high school student who became an idol following her friends, but has troubles finding her own image.
- Beware the Nice Ones: During her work as the Demon King, she got too invested and became actually scary.
- Bunnies for Cuteness: Fanon associates her with them. Not only her hair looks like a rabbit's tail, but her slightly shy yet determined character is similar to that of rabbits.
- Character Development: Eventually she becomes less shy, being able to wear a swimsuit without getting flustered and playing a feudal lord pretty well.
- Determinator: Even if she has doubts, she really puts effort in her idol work, and fans consider her spirit-lifting and refreshing. She got so invested in her work as the Demon King other idols became scared by her!
- Expository Hairstyle Change: From a single bun to a ponytail.
- Socially Awkward Hero: Does well with most idol work, but is a bit awkward when doing comedy routines or talking to people she doesn't know very well.
Captain of her school's basketball team who decides to devote some of her time to idol work.
- Forehead of Doom: Not very prominent, but still there.
- The Leader: She's the president of the basketball club.
- Passionate Sportsgirl
- Tomboyish Ponytail
A laidback woman whose incredible body has been compared to that of a succubus.
- Big Breast Pride: She makes innuendos about her bust.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: The way she's stroking and placing the pitchfork on her Rare+ Halloween card.
- Expy: An Azusa Miura who doesn't get lost and not too ditsy.
- Horny Devils: Her Rare+ Halloween card.
- Male Gaze: On her cleavage.
- Marshmallow Hell: Wants to put the Producer in one.
- Ms. Fanservice: Official artwork puts a lot of overt focus on her breasts, despite not being the largest of all idols.
An airline stewardess who accepted the Producer's offer to become an idol.
- Bunnies for Cuteness: Has an idol costume with bunny ears.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Has her hair up in her first card, wears it loose after her first idol form.
- Mile-High Club: Wants to make the Producer a member.
- Sexy Stewardess: Her job before becoming an idol. She also gets many idol costumes themed as sexy versions of stewardess' uniforms.
A fanatical arcade, console, and handheld gamer. She's never without a gaming device immediately available and quite competitive when it comes to them.
- Bland-Name Product: The gaming devices she's shown with on her Rare cards are clearly the Nintendo DS and the Sony PSP.
- Brick Joke: S Rare card shows her playing Tekken with Heihachi Mishima. He's a running gag in Puchim@s.
- Fantasy Character Classes: Wearing such a costume on her Rare+ card as a Shout-Out to the Tales Series.
- Gamer Chick: Overall character concept.
- Girlish Pigtails: Or Braids of Action, depends of the card.
- Otaku: Video game version.
- Shout-Out: She wears symbols from many Bandai Namco Entertainment video games, ranging from Pac-Man to Galaga to The Idolmaster itself.
The waitress of a Maid Cafe that specializes in sundaes and sweetened tea.
- Hartman Hips: Her hips measurement are among the highest and without a larger bust size.
- Maid Cafe: Job before becoming an idol. Still works as one part-time afterwards.
- Meido: Her idol costumes use it as a theme.
- Service Sector Stereotypes
- Sweet Tooth: Not only for herself, as she tries making customers into these.
An extremely energetic teenager.
- Bare Your Midriff: All her idol outfits except two.
- Genki Girl
- Girlish Pigtails
- Strange-Syntax Speaker: Uses many English words, but they always appear written in Hiragana rather than Katakana.
A forcefully direct woman who believes men are inferior and require painful punishment to keep them useful.
- A-Cup Angst: A reoccurring theme in Fan Art, depicting her as especially upset about Shizuku Oikawa and Kurumi Ohnuma having massive Gag Boobs that are still developing.
- A Taste of the Lash: What all men would experience if she had her way.
- All Men Are Perverts: Her justification for using the whip to punish them.
- All Take and No Give: Except for pain. She loves to give pain.
- All Women Are Doms, All Men Are Subs: Her doctrine in life, though she doesn't try to spread it among the other idols.
- The Baroness: The stage gimmick she enjoys and performs most.
- Broken Bird: There's evidence to believe her hatred of men stems from repeated bad relationships and has a guarded view of other women because she's been a losing romantic rival.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Though slightly amused by the Producer being a Clueless Chick Magnet, she does not tolerate it and will severely punish him for being a pig.
- Conspicuous Trenchcoat: Her first card illustration.
- Corporal Punishment: Believes men require it.
- Disapproving Look: Default facial expression.
- Does Not Like Men: She's abusive to men and calls them pigs.
- Dominatrix: As the official iM@S dominatrix, this is her bread and butter.
- Double Entendre: Words how painful things should be pleasurable for men.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: She most definitely thinks and says so.
- Expy: She's an older and not as wealthy version of Tomoka Tenkuubachi from the Million Live series.
- Hitler Cam: Used in a majority of her S Rares to add to the impression of dominance (though not in the specific character image shown above).
- It Amused Me: Her initial interest for being an idol.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Might even be Sheep in Sheep's Clothing.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: Common anime trait for a Dominatrix.
- Safe Word: Might give one depending on how attractive he looks and depending on her mood.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: The underpinning of allowing her emotions to give one last honest effort in letting the Producer into her life.
- Whip It Good: Has a thing for whips, as demonstrated on her S Rare+.
Cheerful cheerleader who enjoys lifting other people's spirits.
- The Cheerleader: All negative tropes averted.
- Fan Nickname: Wakibayashi (waki = armpit).
- Genki Girl: As one might imagine, she's full of cheer.
- The Heart: What she likes to become.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: It is to her.
- Male Gaze: Nearly all of her cards have a focus on her armpits, of all places.
A voluptuous teenager sailing from Yamaguchi.
- Bare Your Midriff: In most of her idol outfits.
- Bedlah Babe: Dresses as a belly dancer in many of her idol outfits. However, she has no experience of either singing or dancing before becoming an idol.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Single ponytail on casual clothes, loose hair on idol form.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Makes a baumkuchen cake in her Platinum Gacha rare.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Despite her appearance being very feminine, she was actually a bit of a tomboy before becoming an idol, due to the influence of her brother.
A woman who enjoys exercise, training and everything healthy.
An idol created for and currently exclusive to the Korean version of Cinderella Girls. Up until the Korean release, no idols featured in Cinderella Girls were Korean. Quite puzzling given how many idols were from Europe, the Americas, and various parts of the Asian continent.
- But Not Too Foreign: Completely averted. She was literally created by a Korean business venture for the Korean game market.
- Korean Pop Music: Presumably this will be her music specialty (although she claims to be interested in Japanese idols too).