One of the three main Hounds of Justice and a member of the Las Vegas Police Department. He is arguably one of the only characters that are on the straight and narrow.
- Deadpan Snarker: Less so than some of the other characters, but he'll occasionally speak his mind. Tends to happen around Seth, which makes sense considering they're exes.
- Hidden Badass: While he isn't an expert marksman like Seth or made of iron like Dean, Roman manages to fly under Triple H's radar. He also shows no leukemia symptoms, despite it killing him in the end.
- Romantic Asexual: Had a healthy relationship with Seth up until the latter's FaceHeel Turn.
- Token Good Teammate: Downplayed; while none of the Shield members turn out to be complete jerks, he is the only one not fully involved with organized crime.
One of the three main Hounds of Justice and a corrupt member of the Las Vegas Police Department. He serves under Triple H after turning on Roman and Dean.
- Anti-Hero: Even after becoming a face, he's still not afraid to work outside the boundaries of the law.
- Badass Gay: Has the balls to take Triple H head-on, and Word of God states he is the only out gay character.
- Break the Badass: Downplayed; while Seth is clearly broken after finally killing Triple H, he doesn't spiral into a worsened state. Happens again after learning of Roman's death.
- Deadpan Snarker: One of the snarkiest characters in the series. Which, considering everyone else, is saying something.
- FaceHeel Turn: Betrays Roman and Dean, joining the Authority and kicking off the universe in the process.
- HeelFace Turn: Betrayed by Triple H in Chapter 3, causing him to rethink his actions and go on a quest for revenge.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Is revealed to have these: he was able to make sure none of his shots killed Dean or Roman.
- Photographic Memory: Never Was reveals he has one.
- Relationship Upgrade: Goes through one with Dean in Chapter 12.
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky: Shares the features of his real-life counterpart and is one of the universe's snarkiest characters.
One of the three main Hounds of Justice and a former member of the Las Vegas Police Department. Thought to be dead, he spends his days under the radar with Randy.
- Alcohol-Induced Idiocy: Kisses Seth after consuming one drink too many. It all works out, though.
- Break the Cutie: Completely breaks after losing Randy, slitting his wrists in an attempt to feel pain. Happens again (though not nearly as bad) after Roman dies.
- Determinator: Shot seven times by Seth Rollins? Manages to get back up. Smashed into a wall by a car? Uses the opportunity to fake his death. And that's just everything described in detail.
A former member of the Las Vegas Police Department and the Authority. Currently, he runs a drug business and lives in a warehouse with his boyfriend Dean.
- Anti-Hero: Loves Dean to pieces and doesn't like killing, but sells drugs to support himself.
- Eye Colour Change: The chemical Triple H killed him with turns the whites of his eyes green.
- HeelFace Turn: Turns on the Authority after Dean fakes his death.
- Poison Is Evil: Triple H fatally injects him with a chemical created for illegal CIA interrogations.
- Tattooed Crook: Technically falls under this since he's got many tattoos and is selling drugs.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: It's mentioned Dean coming home with injuries is a regular occurrence for Randy. Hence, he doesn't seem bothered when the Lunatic has tacks in his back.
The daughter of an aging crime lord, Charlotte works as a dealer at a casino. She falls in love with Lexi and goes on a journey of self-discovery in the process.
- I Am Not My Father: Roulette makes it clear that she will never become her father, devious crime lord Ric Flair.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: "Pure" might be pushing it, but she is arguably one of the most morally upstanding characters.
- Love Epiphany: Lexi's injury causes Charlotte to realize she doesn't want to lose her.
- The Spock: To Lexi's McCoy and Paige's Kirk.
Alexa "Lexi" Kaufman
A Las Vegas cop who becomes the friend and love interest of Charlotte Flair while sorting out a few skeletons of her own.
- By-the-Book Cop: While she isn't actually seen on the job, Lexi describes herself as "one of the good ones" during her first meeting with Charlotte. She also reports her boss after he makes a move on her.
- Deadpan Snarker: Falls into this on occasion, more notably after losing her job.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Dyes her hair pink after getting wrongfully fired.