This is a list of all original characters who were introduced in the Heart of a Hero series!
Introduced in The Heart of a Hero
Aisa Sarutobi - Ninja Hero, Hakkenden
- Abhorrent Admirer: Vlad King was one to her, much to his shame and her amusement. She describes how he used to send bouquets of flowers to her office, write poetry, and one time where he got a white horse and did something, but Vlad stops her before she could explain what.
- Cool Teacher: For Gaikoku Academy.
- Foil: To Miss Joke. While Joke often makes flirts and makes faux love confessions to Eraser (who mostly ignore it) Aisa often brings up Vlad King's attempts to "woe" her, to his embarrassment.
Victoria Hope - Diamond Queen
Quirk: Diamantine-can for diamonds out of her skin
Mitch Zellner - Death Spike
Quirk: Porcupine-instead of hair, grows metal spikes that can be fired at high speed
Gou Yonaga - Sleepwalker
Quirk: Sleepless Strength-the longer he stays awake, the stronger he becomes
Namida Kanashi - Bawler
Quirk: Tear Control-can control her tears
Kaikaina Lawai'a - Beach Girl
Quirk: Fisher-arms can transform into fishing rods
Miru Kimi - Watchtower
Quirk Clairvoyance-can see what another person sees, as long as she's seen their face within the last 24 hours
Nasuka Binshou - Highway Star
Quirk: Wheels-has functional wheels growing out of her wrists and ankles
Greta Shrika - Radio
Quirk: Amplifier-can amplify the sounds of whatever's plugged into the auxiliary jacks in her neck
Bruce Frey - Balloonenstein
Quirk: Balloon-can form explosive black balloons out of the pipes in his arms; can also cause him to float if he hangs on to them
Quirk: Healing Hits-whenever he tries hurting someone, they're healed instead
Kobayashi Hanatsu - Dryad
Quirk: Growth-can speed up the growth of plants
Quirk: Absorption-Can absorb people into herself, gaining some of their physical attributes and their Quirks.
- The Assimilator: Her Quirk. We see it in action on Kendo and later Tetsutetsu and Ibara.
- And I Must Scream: Inflicts this on the people that she absorbs.
- Big Bad: For the Kidnapping Arc.
- Early-Bird Cameo: First appears way back during the Internship Arc.
- Sense Freak: With the emotions of the people that she absorbs.
Introduced in A New Era
UA Class 1-B
Skye/Skyler Moon - Skywalker
Debut: Chapter 3
Quirk: Air Walk
Quirk: Air Walk - Allows Skye to walk in the air for a brief time.
Appearance: Pale green eyes with dyed purple hair styled in a dreadlock mohawk. Wears amethyst lipstick.
- Not Quite Flight: Their Quirk, Air Walk, qualifies as this.
Sofia Monoma - Copycat
Debut: Chapter 1
Quirk: Copy - The same as her fathers, allows her to copy the quirks of others.
Appearance: Long blonde hair with blue eyes.
Saiyuki Rin - ??
Debut: Chapter 2
Appearance: Black hair done up in cloth-covered buns with a toothy smirk.
Chance Gendai - The Changing Hero: Atom
Debut: Chapter 3
Quirk: Body Transmutation
Quirk: Body Transmutation - They can harden and soften their body.
Appearance: Black/dark purple hair cut just above the shoulders, black eyes with small black pupils and slightly tanned skin.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: has purple hair
- The Matchmaker: likes to help their classmates out with their relationships
- Color Blind Confusion: has Tritanopia, and as a result are very weak to bright colours (such as those in explosions, fire etc.)
- Fanboy/Fangirl: Downplayed they don't talk about it a lot; of Present Mic because of their father
- The Stoic: poker face until you get to know them
- Beware the Quiet Ones: selective mute so usually doesn't talk alot. But definitely capable of standing up for themselves if needed.
- When She Smiles: has a toothy smile. According to Word of God it's one of the brightest smiles the world has ever seen
- Pronoun Trouble: also Berserk Button. Don't. Call. Them. A. Girl.
- Youngest Child Wins: Downplayed : their big brother (Genka Gendai) is quirkless so...
- Meaningful Name: Chance is self-explanatory and Gendai just means atom.
- Sharpened to a Single Atom: their quirk allows them to modify the nature of all the atoms and molecules in their body
- It Runs in the Family: their father's quirk is Alchemy, also related to changes on an atomic level.
- Action Dad: their father got seriously injured while protecting their brother during a villain attack. He's in a hospital now.
- Angst: it's implied that when their father was hurt and sent to the hospital mere months before their entrance at Yuuei, they felt like if he couldn't defeat a villain, then they couldn't either. Thankfully they get it all together before the classes start.
- Adorkable: their cheeks are round and usually pink-ish, and their smile is as bright as the sun.
- Kimono Is Traditional: their hero costume is similar to a kimono
- Elegant Classical Musician: they play the piano and cello and like classical music a lot but Inverted since they are also a fan of the newest rock/pop dance tracks
- Height Angst: standing at 5'5 (or approx 1m70), they feel very small compared to most of their classmates (see Shirudo, Misao or Kaon) and they don't like it
- Halloween: kind of. They were born on the 31st of October.
- Cannot Spit It Out: on a literal level, sometimes is really not capable of saying anything (selective mutism) so rely on sign language. Sadly, only Chinmoku can understand their frantic gestures
- First-Name Basis: they don't like being called by their last name
- Friend to All Children: surprisingly good with kids. They are patient with them, and know what to say to calm them down. They adore Chikara and would protect her at all costs, likes to call her "Rara-chan"
- Chaotic Good: since they can protect their own body with their quirk they won't hesitate one second to take any possible hit (punch, kick, car, bullet) for any friend. Selfless and reckless 24/7
Burodo Guren - ??
Debut: Chapter 3
Quirk: Blood Bag
Quirk: Blood Bag - His body can produce blood on demand that he can spray at high velocities.
Appearance: Paper-white skin with unusually vivid blood vessels. Messy, short black hair and beady dark brown eyes.
- Bad Powers, Good People: Spraying blood as a weapon is hardly heroic, but he is still a U.A. student and an aspiring Hero-in-training.
- Bloody Murder: He can spray blood as a weapon.
- Fanboy: Of Eijiro Kirishima, who inspired his straightforward style of going about things.
- Logical Weakness: His body matter is converted into the blood he uses, so overuse can leave him exhausted. Plus, he is using blood, so launching attacks is already painful to begin with.
- Neat Freak: A habit he developed after being forced to clean his bloodstained clothes so many times.
Kaiten Jiten - Pinball Bumper
Debut: Chapter 3
Quirk: Spinning Top
Quirk: Spinning Top - She can spin her body like a top.
Appearance: Long brown hair usually worn in a ponytail with green eyes.
- Fangirl: Of Sen Kaibara.
Cortney Tan - ??
Debut: Chapter 3
Quirk: Berserker - Cortney can take hits and store the power, increasing her own power.
Appearance: Red eyes and pale skin with white hair that has red spikes.
Eikisaito Chimoku - ??
Debut: Chapter 3
Quirk: Frequency - He can manipulate sound as he wishes, as long as he can hear the sound.
Appearance: Mute magenta hair styled in an undercut, often worn in a manbun, with soulless black eyes.
Misao Ningyo - The Marionette Hero: Puppet Master
Debut: Chapter 3
Quirk: Puppeteer - Performing the Puppet Technique involves emitting threads from a user's fingers to connect to a person, with the fingers' movements controlling the person's actions. The user will connect all ten of their fingers to a single person, with each finger controlling a specific joint or mechanism. He needs to attach this threads to their wrists and ankles but to do so, he needs to catch that person first.
Appearance: tall, slim form, long black strands of hair tucked messily backwards with some of them sticking up on the front and swept aside, yellow eyes, fair skin, always wears a knowing smirk.
- Adorkable: Is this when he can't use his charms and completely misunderstands a person or a situation.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Misao is always sharply dressed and ready to scrap at a moment's notice.
- Berserk Button: Several, including: Don't ever try to impersonate him. Don't try to open up personal conversations. Do not bring up anything about his past. Probably his biggest one is blaming him for someones wrongdoings. He hates it when people blame their bad deeds on him and act as if its his influence that made him do it, and he's heartbroken when people commit evil acts for him; he's the punisher of evil, not its cause. As equals as the one above, never tell him he's just like his parents.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Misao is very polite and chipper, if a bit creepy to those immune to his charms (who are few and far between). People tend to forget that he is in the possession of a Quirk which can cause lots of damage.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: Misao is the Brooding Boy to Cortney's Gentle Girl.
- Bullying a Dragon: Misao, like we previously stated, isnt afraid of God. Hes willing to start a conversation with almost anyone, even if it means annoying Nico, their most brutal classmate.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Cortney puts up with his bizarre behavior because Misaos connections and understanding of the human behavior help her solve the case.
- Cannot Spit It Out: He simply cannot bring himself to say to Cortney those three little words.
- The Casanova: There isn't a day where he doesn't try to flirt with a nice girl. He also tries it with Cortney at first, and is surprised that his charms don't work on her at all.
- The Chessmaster: Very good at coming up with ingenious strategies and tactics on the fly.
- Child Hater: Downplayed. Misao is visibly uncomfortable around children and avoids interacting with them. This is best exemplified in his relationship with Chikara; he often tries to distract her by showing her something interesting and always steps back when she tries to get close to him.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: He needs one whenever he starts to play with peoples nerves and pushing their buttons. Usually it's Cortney.
- Comically Missing the Point: A running theme is that Misao is getting some advice (often from a friend), misunderstanding it, and then comically trying to apply that advice to whatever case he's working on. He tends to figure it out properly when he recognizes a Commonality Connection between him and the people involved in this case.
- Commander Contrarian: Unlike all the other students, who try to take steps to stay within the professors instructions and seeking to correct anything to the contrary, Misao goes out of his way to try and defy the plan and tries avoiding the subject all together (within his own system of ethics of course).
- The Corrupter: Misao can do this, though as he points out, he has no influence over people's choices. All he does is draw out their thoughts and maybe verbally manipulate them from there.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Misao is a mean person, has dark hair and tends to dress in all black, but helps heroes to solve crimes and bring criminals to justice. Misao's job is to punish evil.
- Deadpan Snarker: He doesn't take serious situation seriously and instead he makes a pun out of it.
- Exact Words: Although his word is his bond and he won't break a promise, he can decide to hew rather closely to a strict interpretation of that promise (ex. I promised to let you go alone. I never said I wouldn't follow you).
- Freudian Excuse: It's implied that his jerkass ways are a cover for his history of crippling, existential loneliness, silence and abandonment from his parents, and peoples tendency to blame him for their own shortcomings.
- The Gadfly: Misao enjoys annoying people, and he's really, really good at it.
- The Hedonist: Cares only about having fun and getting to just screw around. The only reason he really helps solve the case is because he is either personally invested in the case or because it sounds fun. Also, he enjoys punishing the guilty, so long as it's on his terms.
- I Am a Monster: Often times Misao doesn't see himself as a very good person, and people blaming him for all the evil that has occurred deeply upsets him.
- I Gave My Word: He is 100% honest, 100% of the time.
- Ignored Epiphany: Numerous times, Misao learns some lesson about others or has an epiphany about himself, but ignores it or forgets it. Somewhat justified due to just who he is and the mountains of issues he's struggling with; getting over such things can take a lot of time.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Sometimes he has the need to please others around him, mainly Cortney, because he feels that he owes her more than anyone else.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: Misao sometimes jumps between bragging about himself to thinking that he's a bad person.
- Intrigued by Humanity: Or at least by Cortney and certain people. For the most part, people and their quirks seem to interest him and making him think about their actions and reasons behind them.
- It's All About Me: His usual motivation, although he does slip into selflessness every now and then. More than once, this drives Cortney away when he does things like walk away from the case because it didnt interest him anymore.
- Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique: Misao is a hero in training and doesn't know, need to, or care about following proper procedure. Cortney usually has to rein him in when he starts pulling this trope, to varying degrees of success.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Troll, favours Pay Evil unto Evil as per his occupation, often very self-centered, but is actually an incredibly kind guy.
- Ladykiller in Love: Misao, who has charmed and spent his time with many girls, realizes that he's in love with Cortney.
- Logical Weakness: Controlling a puppet requires most of Misao's attentions and maintaining the threads (he needs to eat a specific food to make em stronger). Not only does this mean Misao is vulnerable when he is controlling a puppet, it also tends to mean he cannot fight very well without a puppet, as his combat style relies so heavily on them (he's basically using a person but he doesn't possess any kind of power).
- Manchild: While not of the psychopathic variety, Misao does act like a snarky immature preteen with no self-awareness or sense of propriety.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Master of the Mixed Message: He is very uncertain of being in a relationship and because of this he denies his feelings for Cortney at first, but later on he accepts them and plucks up the courage to finally trust someone.
- Meaningful Name: His surname Ningyō (人形) means "doll" and his given name Misao (操) means "to control something".
- My God, What Have I Done?: Misao is completely dazed and in shock at what he's done after he killed a person to save his friend's life.
- Never My Fault: Misao blames all his issues on the ones he claims to be responsible, but he does realize and accepts that he isn't completely blameless.
- Noble Demon: Misao uses his abilities to bring suffering upon those who deserve it while happening to help those in need in the process.
- Oblivious to Their Own Description: When hearing people describe him in unflattering ways, Misao is prone to assuming that they're referring to someone else. Usually someone he despises.
- Odd Couple: Misao likes working by his own rules when investigating and punishing those guilty, even when working alongside others. Cortney has to keep him on a short leash when on the job, but she sticks by him because she admits that she's been more successful with him when working together.
- Odd Friendship: Misao isnt particularly close to anyone else except for Chance, Shirudo, Sofia and Cortney. Even though shes still a kid, Misao is willing to go past his awkwardness with children and takes care for Chikara alongside Shirudo.
- Ominous Walk: Does this to his opponents to show that they are completely at his mercy. He believes that playing villain with a villain is funny
- Papa Wolf: Holds enough of a concern for Chikara that he scares off a bully who was tormenting her and frequently checks on his classmates *we can say that hes a control-freak, his Quirk says that much*.
- Parental Neglect: The reason why Misao turned into such an attention-seeker is because his parents didnt bother for anything except for the success itself. Everything they expected from him were good grades and that's all. They didnt worry about how he behaves, what interests him or how he affects others around him. They are business people, work in a huge agency and can barely find some time for themselves. They gave Misao everything he needed and hes taken good care of, but he never experienced any emotion from them and thats why he developed trust-issues.
- People Puppets
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: Is distressingly good at these.
- Satan is Good: Misao is self-centered and perhaps a little too into being The Gadfly, but he's otherwise a decent person. His only interest in evil is bringing it to justice.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Stylish and beautiful clothes are his main day-to-day attire.
- Slasher Smile: If you've really pissed him off, then he starts grinning full force, ready to start a heated argument.
- Smug Super
- Surrounded by Idiots: He certainly feels this way in multiple occasions. He's outraged by their lack of understanding and misconception of him and gives them a big "The Reason You Suck" Speech.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: People usually use those very words to describe him. Even those who dont get along with Misao are willing to admit that he's really good-looking.
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky: Check, check, and check!
- Tranquil Fury: He can get furious with people over what they've done but keeps his chipper exterior.
- Troll: He likes to mess with people and people around him are bond to deal with his antics. Someone finds it sympathetic, someone finds it annoying, depends on the person.
- Unscrupulous Hero: As the story improves Misao is going to behave much more morally as of late.
- Villains Never Lie: His word is binding and he never goes back on a deal even if he thinks the deal is a bad one.
- Wardrobe Wound: He gets very peevish when someone damages his wardrobe. Expect him to angrily confront the person responsible and mocking them for their carelessness.
- Will Not Tell a Lie: Misao never even once lies and routinely confronts criminals without a shred of deceit.
Shizuka Honenuki - ??
Debut: Chapter 2
Appearance: Unruly, snow white hair with facial features similar to Honenuki.
- I Am Not Pretty: Implied, given how she covers her skull-like mouth with a mask in public.
- Legacy Hero: On the path to becoming a Pro Hero, just like Kuroiro and Honenuki before her.
- Mystical White Hair: Has snowy white hair.
- Not So Different: From Kenta Shimizu. They both have low self-esteem and wear masks that cover their mouths, but for different reasons.
- Shrinking Violet
- Strong Family Resemblance: Has Kuroiro's hair color and Honenuki's facial features.
Nicotsuki Bakugo - Killer Queen
Debut: Chapter 2
Quirk: Explosive Soap
Quirk: Explosive Soap - Functions a lot like Bakugos but can also form explosive bubbles that explode when popped.
Appearance: Blonde hair slightly contained in a large ponytail.
Hoshiko Miryoku - ??
Debut: Chapter 3
Quirk: Captivate - She can draw in other people's focus and attention all on herself. Can omit allies from the effect.
Appearance: Afro-Asian with black curly hair and yellow, star shaped irises with no pupils.
- Actual Pacifist: Even once all other options have been exhausted Miryoku will focus more on dodging then fighting back, relying on allies or environmental hazards to take down an opponent.
- Bi the Way
- Draw Aggro: Captivate's primary function.
- Exotic Eye Designs: Miryoku has star shaped irises.
- Genki Girl
- Nice Girl
- Rollerblade Good: Wears roller skates to help her mobility on the battlefield.
- The Social Expert
- Meaningful Name: Miryoku means attraction or fascination.
- Weakbut Skilled: Captivate doesn't help much in actually fighting and Miryoku isn't very strong physically yet she was still able to pass the UA Entrance Exam.
Jodi Copeland - ??
Debut: Chapter 3
Quirk: Werewolf - Jodi can transform herself into a wolf.
Appearance: Medium dark skin with dark brown, short, unruly hair and brown eyes.
Hanako Shiozaki - ??
Debut: Chapter 1
Quirk: Metal Fibers
Quirk: Metal Fibers - She can freely manipulate her hair, including lengthening it at will and stiffening it to a metal-like hardness.
Appearance: Long, spiky silver hair with slightly sharp teeth and scraggly eyelashes.
Kenta Shimizu - The Wasteland Hero: Hazard
Debut: Chapter 3
Quirk: Toxicity - His bodily fluids are poisonous and physical contact, even to skin, has a variety of negative effects.
Appearance: Bright green, messy hair that covers his green eyes. Pale skin and dark bags under his eyes.
- Adorkable: Whenever he's raising flowers and plants.
- Bad Powers, Good People: His Quirk is very dangerous and can hurt both friend and foe, but Shimizu makes huge efforts to avoid unnecessary deaths and collateral damage, and he overall wants to be a Hero in spite of his volatile abilities.
- Blessed with Suck: How he views his Quirk.
- Bloody Murder: As a bodily fluid, Shimuzu's blood is toxic and can be used against enemies.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Shimizu's parents were killed after his Quirk manifested and the rest of his family refused to take him in because of it. Thus, he spent the rest of his childhood alone in an orphanage.
- Deadly Gas: One of many applications of his Quirk.
- Friendless Background
- Heroic Self-Deprecation
- Knockout Gas: One of many applications of his Quirk.
- Meaningful Name: In a cruelly ironic way, Shimizu's name contains the kanji for "clean" (清) and "water" (水), while his given name contains the kanji for "healthy" (健) and "big" (太).
- Messy Hair
- Misery Trigger: Whenever someone compares him to a Villain because of his Quirk.
- Must Make Amends: The deaths of his parents are the primary reason why he wants to be a Hero.
- Not So Different: From Shizuka Honenuki. They both have low self-esteem and wear masks that cover their mouths, but for different reasons.
- Poison Is Evil: Averted, but that's how he believes everyone views his Quirk.
- Poisonous Person
- Required Secondary Powers: Since even his own blood is toxic, Shimizu has an inherent immunity to his own powers.
- Shrinking Violet: Of the male variety.
- Traumatic Superpower Awakening: His poisonous Quirk killed his parents as soon as it manifested.
- Walking Wasteland: Downplayed. This can occur if his Quirk is misused in any way or receives a power boost, but in normal situations, people can get close to him without being affected.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: His hair is green.
Katana Shirudo - The Reinforcement Hero: Cavalry
Debut: Chapter 3
Quirk: Reinforcement - He can double another persons attack or defense (including applicable quirks) for up to ten minutes. He can also use his quirk on himself, but the effect is strictly physical. Furthermore, he cannot simultaneously enhance someone's attack and defense; it's one or the other, never both, even for himself. His quirk has a distance limit of 45 feet and works best when who he is affecting is in close proximity to him.
Appearance: Short, red hair and brown eyes with fair skin and a small scar on his right cheek.
- Badass Baritone: Has an excellent singing voice (just like his father) and has an intimidating stature.
- Battle Aura: When using his Quirk, the targets are bathed in a red glow for attack and blue glow for defense, which also applies if Shirudo is only using Reinforcement on himself. The eye color also changes to the appropriate color of whatever is being boosted, meaning that Shirudo and his applicable targets' eyes change into red for attack and blue for defense.
- Berserk Button: Woe be to anyone who hurts a child in Shirudo's presence, especially if that child is Chikara. When people only befriend him because of his quirk and hurting his friends or family also qualify.
- Beware the Nice Ones: A Nice Guy but beware of pushing his Berserk Buttons.
- Big Brother Instinct: Absolutely adores his younger sister, Chikara. He's grateful that her Quirk, Shield, allows her to boost her defense.
- Big Eater: Justified. Given his size and his workout routine, the guy needs to eat.
- Clark Kent Outfit: His school uniform and hero costume hide most of his musculature, making him seem falsely skinny when he is actually quite muscular.
- Class Representative: Is confirmed to be the vice-representative by Word of God.
- Fanboy: Of Pro Heroes in general, but especially of Ingenium, who he based his own costume on. He also is a fan of his father and Red Riot, the latter because his Quirk would be perfect for Shirudo's own quirk. Heroes more like Bakugo, though, Shirudo has a lesser interest in.
- Face of a Thug: Has a scar on his cheek that can make him look rather intimidating when combined with his general stature. This was a part of causing his Friendless Background, as people - especially girls - would avoid him due to his appearance.
- Friendless Background: Downplayed. Had very few friends before attending UA and none of them were female.
- Friend to All Children: He adores all children and has a lot of knowledge about child psychology because his mother is a child psychologist.
- Gentle Giant: He's the tallest person in his class and also very nice.
- Good Parents: His parents only want the best for Shirudo and his sister, encouraging him to make his own choice about UA.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a scar on his right cheek that he got because of an accident when his Quirk first manifested.
- Hour of Power: His power boosts last for up to ten minutes.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Moreover, Shirudo wishes for friends who aren't just in it for his Quirk.
- Legacy Hero: His father has the same Quirk as Shirudo and is a Pro Hero called Guardian.
- Logical Weakness: Aside from his Quirk's the time limit, he's unable to simultaneously boost another person's attack and defense and the time limit gets halved with each additional person he uses his Quirk on. His quirk takes about a minute to recharge once the time limit is up.
- Muggle Born of Mages: A Downplayed Inversion. Shirudo's family is mostly Quirkless, aside from himself, his father, and his younger sister.
- Meaningful Name: His name comes from the phrase Katana to Shirudo, which translates to 'sword and shield.'
- Nice Guy
- Oblivious to Love: Although Shirudo dreams of getting married someday, he has a hard time recognizing how a girl who's genuinely interested in him would act due to past experiences (See Friendless Background and I Just Want to Have Friends).
- Red Is Heroic
- Single-Target Sexuality: As a demiheterosexual, this is a given with any girl he forms genuine feelings for.
- Socially Awkward Hero: Downplayed. Having had only few friends before UA, he doesn't always know what to say to people, but he's so nice and approachable that it's hardly ever an issue and he gets more comfortable around people that get past his physical exterior.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Shirudo bears a strong resemblance to both his parents, having inherited his height and eye color from his Mom and his general looks from his Dad. Both of his parents also have red hair. Chikara also looks much like her sibling and parents, with red hair and her father's blue eyes.
- Super Empowering: Of the third variant. It is the basic gist of his Quirk.
- Support Party Member: His Quirk automatically assigns him to this role.
- Training from Hell: Both Downplayed and Justified. Shirudo had to do a lot of physical training to strengthen himself because of the nature of his Quirk, given that he is basically Quirkless without it activated. Also serves as Heartwarming, given that his father (who has the same Quirk as Shirudo) is the one who trained him.
- Undying Loyalty: Has this to all good friends he's ever made. Shirudo even keeps in touch with his friends from before UA, who are thrilled at all the cool new friends he's making.
Alexandra Spiteri - ??
Debut: Chapter 3
Quirk: Data Analysis
Quirk: Data Analysis - Her eyes allow her to rapidly scan and analyze her surroundings and people.
Appearance: Dark brown hair cut in a bob with pupils that look like retro camera lenses.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Her quirk allows her to conclude probable outcomes of situations based on scanning and analyzing her surroundings and people.
- Covered in Scars: Has scars all over her back due to her Dark and Troubled Past.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Was kidnapped by Quirk traffickers at a young age and forced to learn how to fight. She was eventually rescued by Pro Heroes.
- Exotic Eye Designs: Has pupils that look like retro camera lenses.
- Lethal Chef: Word of God states that Alex isn't exactly the best cook . . . but she's trying to get better.
Akira Takahashi - ???
Debut: Chapter 3
Quirk: Shichishitou - She can create seven branches made of a special keratin-based substance on each of her arms resemblant of that in the Shichishito. They are incredibly sharp.
Appearance: Awkwardly cut and spiky brown hair that is tied back in a ponytail.
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Her quirk, Shichishitou, allows her to make seven of these on each of her arms, made up of a special keratin-based substance.
- Badass Native: She is an Ainu, who are the indigenous people of Hokkaido.
- Badass Gay: She is a lesbian.
- Class Representative: Is confirmed to be this by Word of God.
- Lesbian Jock: As stated above, she is a lesbian. In addition, she also dresses like a jock would, and is stated to like playing football.
- Meaningful Name: Her given name, Akira (剣), is made up of the kanji for 'swordmanship' or 'double-edged sword'. Her family name, Takahashi (高葉七), is made up of the kanji for 'tall'/'high', 'leaf'/'needle'/'blade', and 'seven', in that order.
Kozue Eitoku - ??
Debut: Chapter 3
Quirk: Storage - He can store items, causing them to disappear into his body.
Appearance: Short, dark hair that he keeps out of his face and dark eyes.
Junyo Onada - Tardigrade
Debut: Chapter 3
Quirk: Delayed Punishment
Quirk: Delayed Punishment - When active, any injuries inflicted on Junyo are negated until he deactivates his quirk, at which point all injuries will manifest themselves simultaneously.
Appearance: Short and wiry, with black hair and glasses.
- Achilles' Heel: Onada's Quirk can negate any physical injury while it's active. Too bad that any form of asphyxiation (drowning, strangulation, etc) isn't technically a physical injury.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: Onada's fighting style, due to his Quirk effectively granting him temporary invincibility-he's never had to learn to fight defensively as a result, instead trying to overwhelm and defeat his opponents before he takes too many hits.
- Critical Existence Failure: Onada's Quirk has a limit on the amount of damage that it can nullify. If this limit is passed, it will fail entirely, resulting in Onada essentially taking every hit landed on him simultaneously. More times than not, this will take him out of the fight. The result is effectively this trope: Onada won't be slowed down or even hurt during a fight until his damage limit is reached, but when that limit is reached he's taken down almost instantly.
- Disappointed by the Motive: One of the driving factors of his distaste for Legacy Heroes: he thinks that "I want to follow in my parent's footsteps" is a weak motivation that won't hold up in practice.
- Establishing Character Moment: Calling out Sofia on being a Legacy Hero and stating that if that's her only motivation for coming to UA than she should just leave.
- Feel No Pain: A side effect of Onada's Quirk is a dulled sense of pain while its active, as pain fall under what his Quirk considers an injury.
- Freudian Excuse: Word of God states that he had a lot of negative interactions with the relatives and children of various Heroes earlier in his childhood, which led to Onada coming to believe that the vast majority of Legacy Heroes were narcissistic, entitled jerkasses that were being unfairly favored over him do to nepotism.
- Harmful Healing: Onada's Quirk doesn't actually heal him or otherwise prevent him from being harmed, they just delay the injuries from taking effect. This effectively gives him invincibility when his Quirk is active, but when his Quirk is either deactivated or fails, all of his injuries come back simultaneously.
- Legacy Hero: Onada's major character tic is his distaste for these, driven by being Disappointed by the Motive and a Freudian Excuse, as seen above.
Tatsumaki Kaibara - ??
Debut: Chapter 2
Appearance: Dark brown hair and large eyes. A pretty boy.
Kimasu Kagaya - Shine
Debut: Chapter 3
Quirk: Light Show
Quirk: Light Show - She can light up her skin in all different colors that she has full control of.
Appearance: Messy, mid-neck length blonde hair with pale, nearly translucent skin.
Makoto Kurokawa - The Tattooed Hero: Kuro
Debut: Chapter 3
Quirk: Ink Manipulation
Quirk: Ink Manipulation - He can manipulate any form of ink and is able to both liquify and solidify the ink.
Appearance: Pitch black hair and eyes with pale skin. Tattoos cover most of his body and are constantly changing, but one shaped like a half-sun under his right eye never changes.
- Art Attacker: His quirk allows him to manipulate ink.
- Berserk Button: Bullies. See Beware the Quiet Ones below.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: The normally shy Mako does not tolerate bullies and will call them out on their behavior.
- Curtains Match The Windows: Has black hair and black eyes.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Although he has dark hair, dark eyes, and is covered in tattoos, he is enrolled in the hero course at UA.
- Determinator: His mother has been missing for years now, but Mako is determined to figure out what happened to her. He keeps a chest in his room full of all the information he's gathered on her disappearance.
- Disappeared Dad: Kokoro and Mako's father were just a one-time fling, so she never told him about Mako and decided to raise him herself. Because of this, Mako never met his father.
- Facial Markings: He has a tattoo shaped like a half-sun underneath his right eye.
- Fanboy: Of Best Jeanist. He admires him for his morals and for how he uses his Quirk - while not conventionally powerful, much like Mako's own Quirk, Best Jeanist is able to use it with such finesse that he's a top-ranked hero.
- Friendless Background: Having bounced around from foster home to foster home, Mako never really had a chance to form meaningful relationships with others his age.
- Friend to All Children: Mako bounced around a lot of foster homes growing up and as such got used to interacting with a lot of younger kids. He always enjoyed looking after them and trying to be a positive influence.
- Logical Weakness: Mako cannot generate his own ink, so he has to draw ink from his tattoos or ink cartridges to use.
- Meaningful Name: Makoto (誠) means 'sincere' and Kurokawa (黑川) means 'black river'. His hero name, Kuro (黒), also qualifies. It simply means 'black' and is a tribute to Mako's mother, as finding her is one of Mako's main goals.
- Missing Mom: His mother, Kokoro Kurokawa, disappeared without a trace when Mako was eight. He arrived home to find her gone, and she hasn't been seen since.
- Nice Guy: Once he opens up, Mako is incredibly kind.
- The Quiet One
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Has pitch black hair and pale skin.
- The Stoic: Downplayed. Mako generally appears very aloof before getting to know him.
- Storyboard Body: Justified. Mako has tattoos covering nearly the entirety of his body so he can use the ink for his Quirk, given that he can't generate his own ink.
- Strong Family Resemblance: To his father. Mako inherited his black hair and eyes from his father. He also looks like his mother because of his facial tattoo.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: To people that he doesn't know and trust, Mako comes across as quiet and aloof. However, once someone gets to know him he shows his much friendlier and kind side.
- Tattooed Crook: Inverted. Mako may be covered in tattoos, but he is no crook.
- Tragic Keepsake: Well, more like Tragic Facial Marking. The tattoo on his right cheek is a tribute to his mother, who used to have the same tattoo. He also keeps all of his old photos with his mother in a chest in his room.
Kaon Kohaku - ??
Debut: Chapter 3
Quirk: Ignite - She can ignite into flames when feeling strong emotions, becoming a mass of flames and being able to shoot fire from her body.
Appearance: Unkempt dark brown hair and blazing crimson eyes with golden-brown pupils. Old messy scars litter her arms and coarse hands.