open/close all folders
The Grand Battle
The DirectorThe dude that started this Grand Battle. He doesn't seem to have any specific form, only appearing as a vaguely man-shaped cloud of smoke in a suit. He ordered eight Gentlemen to grab a guy and enter them into this thing.
Lutherion MawAn insane necromancer who died in a fire but managed to come back as a zombie. He created the Wightmaw Arm which is basically a bunch of souls pressed down into the shape of a bunch of bone splinters which were then merged with his arm. He's also afraid of the color red.
- Airborne Mook: Among his assorted highly disposable undead minions, Lutherion also has vultures.
- Evil Sorcerer
- Fashionable Asymmetry: The Wightmaw Arm.
- The Sociopath
AlcarithThe daughter of a dragon lord. She fights using ethereal energy that doesn't particularly gives any noticeable damage unless she has channeled it long enough. She is a dragon but spent almost all of her time in human form.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons!: A dragon who preferred to spend time in human form. Did very little draconic, until about three rounds after the original character had died.
DorukometsThe ghost of a fallen warrior who did nothing special in life, really. Boastful and prideful despite having nothing to boast about.
- Fake Ultimate Hero: He died trying to take credit for a kill. Never underestimate Lutherion.
AmethystA rather robotic woman who looks like a young teenager. She has a magitek armband.
- Black Eyes of Evil: Averted.
Eximo PulvisAn undead vacuum cleaner. Very much robotic and obsessed with the job of cleaning. Later, he learns to love.
- Do-Anything Robot: Intended for war, he turned out to be better at cleaning. But he can still fight pretty well for a vacuum cleaner.
- Just a Machine: Though Emily later gives him a soul causing him to Become a Real Boy.
- Knife Nut
- Lethal Joke Character: It's a demonic vacuum cleaner. It won the battle.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous
Nathan FinleyJust a regular kid. His father was a demon hunter who sealed demons into weapons. Nathan's weapon is one of those. In the middle of the battle, he made a deal with the demon in the knife and thus went insane.
- Artifact of Doom: The kitchen knife his father trapped a powerful demon in.
- Deal with the Devil
- Demon Lords and Archdevils: The one living in his Artifact of Doom.
- From Nobody to Nightmare
Emily TrenwyeAn old cleric type person. She is pretty much racist against demons, though really, she does have good reason.
- Religion Is Magic: Exorcism and healing all packed in a vaguely-christian package.
Aeon FerrousAnother regular guy. He has a neat adaptive tool. Also a fast thinker.
The Grand Battle II
The ObserverPretty much copied The Director in an attempt to out-do him. Is pretty average except his face only has one eye on it. That's it. He's a mouthless cyclops (but can still talk somehow). He selected his own contestants. Rather eccentric and likes saying things with an exclamation point at the end! Because of boredom and because he was suggested to do so, he started up Season Two.
- Embarrassing Nickname: This guy loves dishing them out.
Galus Lee MatthewsPart human part alien (Urisian to be exact). The only things that give away his alien heritage are his orange eyes. Traveled around a lot in space.
Samuel TherionA 'Karmist,' that is, he can sense and manipulate one's karma by use of a certain channel; in his case, death. Samuel can kill something and use the energy in the 'potential life' to do some cool stuff. He's kind of a bastard.
- Aura Vision - It gives him Laser-Guided Karma. Oddly enough, not the kind outlined with that trope.
- Chaotic Evil
- Classic Villain
- Diabolical Mastermind: Before he was thrown into GBII.
- Driven to Villainy
- Evil Sorcerer
- Man of Wealth and Taste
- Smug Snake
Maxwell DeakinPossibly the most normal contestant. He's a bit of an eccentric and very smart. Every round, he pretty much sits and overthinks things and babbles a lot. He has a rapier but has never really used it. Somehow, he's still survived.
- Unfazed Everyman
- He's thrust into a battle to the death involving a sentient pile of boxes, a space marine, and a being from the edge of the universe, to name a few. His highest priority?
Professor Armidillo ReccxerAlso eccentric and rather cheerful. He made the Cane of Materialistic Improbability, which allows him to change the mass and composition of any object, including himself. Even when forced to battle for his life, he continuously wrote in his journal. How does he find time to do that?
GestaltA Schrotgolem. Basically, it's a spirit that possesses a lot of junk. It looks like a bunch of boxes that just move around on their own.
- Ax-Crazy: Or at least, seems to be. At first.
- Combat Pragmatist: Shown most effectively in its scuffle with Samuel in the Labyrinth Field. And most lethally when he simply strangles Maxwell with his own shirt.
- Determinator: More noticeably (and callously) as the battle reaches its climax.
CabaretA magician who can materialize almost anything except weapons because of his mask. He's quite the coward.
Vyrm'nA being made out of what looks like part of the night sky. Was intended to be genderless but somehow came out a 'she'.
The SunsetA worn-out suit of power armor. A 'Balancer,' he was one of many who made sure that nobody gained enough power to overthrow order. He had a limited power source.
- No Indoor Voice : ALWAYS TALKS IN A BOOMING SHADE OF BYZANTIUM.
The ComposerAn imposing woman with grey skin and white eyes. She wears a nice blue kimono and is quite the control freak. She takes grand battles very very seriously. Because she thought having The Eccentric run The Delicious Engagement was a travesty and spat on the honor of grand battles, she took over and renamed it Battle Royal Season Two.
Xeno PhotonApparently a samurai from Feudal Japan who rose to the position of Daimyo. He wields a soul saber and a kitsune mask. The Soul Saber can only be wielded by one who is pure neutral and sucks the soul right out of anybody it cuts who is also pure neutral. The more inclined towards good or evil a person is, the more hits to the soul they take. The kitsune mask is of the kitsune god and he is unable to take it off or he'll turn into a kitsune or something. He was put into a deep sleep by one of his enemies and awoke in a futuristic society and became a high-ranking general of a space station somehow.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Dude was a semi-immortal samurai who got his curse in feudal Japan, which turns him into a kitsune. Or something.
- True Neutral: ...Apparently.
CobraA 'Fang layonin,' a species that can transform into wolves. He can turn into a half or a full wolf. He can channel his energy into weapons to strengthen or lengthen them. He was a war hero.
Gadget SoluneA 'Chib,' which are essentially really small people. He also has a cybernetic eye and arm. Gadget has the power to give anything a soul. He's a rather nice guy with a robot buddy.
Mike ShaunA rather insane dude with a sort of psychokinesis. He has these sort of invisible arms coming out of his back (vectors) that are incredibly strong.
ZekeA ninja. He was an orphan. He was also dead all along.
GrimmAn 'Eclipse,' a race of shadow people that wear masks to differentiate among themselves. He fights using shadows. He used to be a bodyguard.
Itzal ArgiA rather mysterious bloke who is always wearing a red cloak. Nobody knows what he is or if he even is a 'he'. He used to be a popular magician, his specialty being illusions. He can also shapeshift.
- Black Cloak: Ok, it's red, but close enough.
Whit O'DonalAn extremely lucky guy. He has a gun given to him by his Creator.
The OrganizerAn incredibly plain man. He tends to take on the appearance of those around him, though with a lilac motif. He mentions being older than at least most of the other Grandmasters.
- Invincible Villain: Common to all Grandmasters, but especially so with this guy.
HatmanA superhero with a hat-related motif (and you thought spiders and bats were ridiculous). He was adopted by a rich family but ran away when his adopted family and his real family started fighting and became HATMAN! He has the ability of hammerspace and is British. He has a verbal tic, mate, but oddly enough, it didn't really materialize in the battle.
- Morph Weapon: He found one in the ruins of a cottage in the middle of a haunted forest (somehow). It could turn from a gun into a sword seemingly quite randomly and for some reason bats flew out of it. It ended up killing him.
Jordan SmithA coward and a pyrokinetic, which are two words that don't seem to go together, but there you have it. Doesn't have any friends and was bullied a bit in school until he accidentally set one of them on fire.
Eemp, Right, and RongEemp is around three feet in height and is a straw doll. Its arms are two dragons, Right and Rong. The right arm is Right. The left arm is Rong. Right is a red Chinese dragon who is the smarter of the trio (though that's not saying much). He likes pondering more than fighting but is rather cunning and often does some scheming. Sometimes he makes stupid puns. Rong is a blue European dragon who is very fond of burning things. She tends to flip out and shout. Eemp doesn't do anything besides walk because he is only a straw doll. The trio was a result of a kingdom's wizard and they were immediately employed as a war machine.
- Beast of Battle: Were intended to be this. The dragons rather resent it.
- Chaotic Neutral
- Flight, Strength, Heart: Right has the ability to control water, shapeshift, the ability to make it rain, and...can glow in the dark.
AnnabellA Violet rank clone and devoted follower of Friend Computer! She has telekinesis (that she never actually used). She's extremely, worryingly, insufferably happy.
- Cloning Gambit: Considering she's a Paranoia character, this actually worked. Until her transportalizer broke.
Alex CorendalA knight who has an elemental sword that is quite complex.
Cpt. Vasily RurikovichA pirate who is charismatic and quite a good speaker. He has a nice accent.
A Nameless ManikinA human-sized wooden mannequin. It can grow mouths on any part of its body to eat things so that it can thus turn into these things. It usually doesn't have eyes and sees 'life' instead.
- Extreme Omnivore: From trees to mutated rabbit flesh to glass to the psychological representation of Joe Peacock...
LaineyA girl that actually holds four people inside her: Lainey, Yume, Niko and Lissa. Each has their own personality.
- Split Personality: A four-way split.
The MonitorIs actually a very advanced robot. As many robots do, he relies more on numbers, data, and careful thought. He is of the opinion that every other Grandmaster is careless with their contestants. Started Intense Struggle Season Two to gather more data.
Larus MutabilisA grey-skinned guy who could turn to smoke.
Aegis CuprisA guy from the same canon as Aeon who has transforming gauntlets. He's rather boisterous and loud and very strong.
Sister Clara JungfrauAn undead cleric. She is a Necropolitan, meaning she willingly went through a ritual to become undead. She has a variety of spells at hand. She's also pretty nice.
- Badass Preacher: For given values of Badass.
- Celibate Hero: It comes with the wimple.
- The Chosen One
- Crystal Dragon Jesus
- Neutral Good
- Oh My Gods!: Her epithet on entering the room with the mana device (Round 3).
- Religion Is Magic: Most of Sister Clara's actual powers are a direct result of worshipping her god.
BAn experiment whose whole life was a secret laboratory. He had the ability to shapeshift into any animal. He also has a knife that shapeshifts with him into something. It depends on what form he takes. He's rather shy.
D'NeyaA Twilight Sprite. She looks like a little girl.
BaeA water-being that could shapeshift. He was hired by the Monitor to incite violence among the contestants.
TricksterA pyrokinetic. He has an evil side or something I think.
AphA man-made nymph that was made to unconditionally love whoever she laid eyes on. She's a little crazy.
- Failure Knight: And then some. And then not so much.
- Love at First Sight
- Love Makes You Crazy: For the first few rounds, Aph fell in love with almost anybody she set eyes on. She was rather...over-protective.
- Magical Girlfriend: The guy who created her didn't know what he was getting himself into.
- Villain Corner
The Battle Majestic
The ExecutiveBecause of the many grand battles going on, he created this one to have an excuse not to constantly catch up with the others and promptly put the responsibility of running a battle on two subordinates, Sruix and Talis.
WolfA wolf. That can talk.
VexmagogActually two chaos gods from different universes accidentally merged; Vex and Magog. Magog takes form as one arm and tends to make whoever touches him go crazy. Vex is a pretty nice guy and rather clever. He has to be nice if he doesn't want Magog to destroy everything everywhere.
- Chaotic Evil - or Magog is, anyway.
- Fashionable Asymmetry
- Love Goddess: His longtime rival is a very singleminded god of love and order.
SenA plant thing. He caries seven pods of World Trees or something and desires to plant them. The World Trees tend to grow quite big.
- Chaotic Neutral
- Fluffy the Terrible: "Who bothers to name something like you?!"
- Genetic Engineering Is the New Nuke
- Mike Nelson, Destroyer of Worlds
- Organic Technology
- Outside-Context Problem: But not as implacable. He just plants trees, but they cause an unbelievable load of trouble.
- Starfish Aliens
- Starfish Language
Steven TaylorA guy with sentient gloves or something. One creates, the other destroys.
- Portal Network: Steven was a dimensional wanderer before the Battle began.
- Tricked-Out Gloves: Given to him by a god.
Jacob HelixThe coolest bearded swordsman ever.
Alexander StriensandPyrokinetic and pyromaniac.
Blitz WykerrHe does stuff with lightning I dunno. He is a nice guy, but his father isn't. His father is sort of possessing him.
- Lightning Can Do Anything: Blitz can use his powers on electronic devices, speed up his reflexes, shoot it out his palms... all sorts.
- Fashionable Asymmetry
- Psycho Electro: Although really, Blitz himself ain't so psychotic (though the constant twitching may suggest otherwise). It's mostly his father's fault.
- Shock and Awe
John SwiftA humanoid. The only real non-human thing about him is that he has no fingers. He does stuff with ice.
The OverseerRuns Epic Clash with The Chronicler. The Overseer is rather confident and young-looking with an unnerving grin.
GlereA crazy guy with a fishbowl for a head. He wears a cape from which he pulls out the oddest things. Like Moon Shoes.
- Bag of Holding: His cape is full of hammerspace. And hilarious objects.
Mr. NothingHe's a reaper or something I dunno.
James RavenA guy I dunno
Thomas PackstonActually made up of four people: Eric, Greg, Bern and Walt. They each have their own personalities and control over a certain element.
- Elemental Powers: Each of the four personalities has one.
- Mood Ring Eyes: Depending on which personality is in control.
- Split Personality: A four-way split, in fact.
Michelle DavisA survivor of a Zombie Apocalypse.
Emilio NahazA knight or something I dunno.
Special Agent Coy SpenderA special agent or something I dunno. He has a special invisible ATM machine that dispenses coins that pretty much defies the laws of physics.
AsteiraA ghost girl or something I dunno.
The Savage Brawl
The CultivatorMessy, disorganized and spacey. The Cultivator searched tediously for all her contestants. She is well-known for having an interest in pretty much everything and being at least somewhat knowledgeable in a variety of topics. She's also well-known behind her back as The Dabbler as nothing has managed to keep her attention for very long. She has had many, many names in the past and her own little pocket universe contains the detritus of her previous interests, or possibly just some junk she keeps for whatever reason.
CalmA guy who made a deal with the devil. He has this knife that's super hot. Which is a little of an understatement I guess.
Hand of SilverA cyborg guy who managed to become a galactic overlord or something. Pretty much all cyborg except for his brain.
- Cyborg: To the point of being a Brain In Powered Armor.
- Galactic Conqueror
- Lawful Evil
- The Extremist Was Right: Led a pretty successful Empire with happy citizens.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: His left arm is very obviously synthetic.
- Meaningful Name: Left arm again. It's silver. He has a silver hand.
- Social Darwinist
EkelhaftAn ancient ooze which is actually an ancient avatar god of entropy and stuff. It won the war against life then started destroying its own armies and was working on destroying itself. It can weaken magic and make people crazy.
ZiirphaelA god of death. He uses blood to draw runes on himself that lets him transform. Usually once he died, he could just inhabit another body, but the Cultivator fixed that. He didn't like it very much.
- Retired Monster: At first he's this, then people piss him off and he goes back to being a regular monster.
Dr. AnarchyA mad scientist. Very insane. Very sciency.
Konka RarA cyborg lich conquerer guy. He can do magic stuff and cyborg stuff.
- Evil Overlord
- Evil Sorcerer
- The Extremist Was Right: In his pre-cyborg days.
- Fashionable Asymmetry
- Lawful Evil
- Punny Name
- Sorcerous Overlord
GormandA giant meatball. Can make minions out of himself and holds a virus that eventually turns things into food. He has great big noodly appendages.
- Big Eater
- Giant Food
- Neutral Evil
- Power-Up Food: If he's not wounded, eating makes him larger.
- Starfish Alien
Diego RedA serial killer who used his powers of air manipulation to make an air drill thing around his finger and stick it in people's ears.
The Grand Battle (Season 2)
Arkal of the Silver AnvilA disgruntled old guy who's fairly strong, has a nice beard, and can make neat weapons.
Jennifer TullShe has royal blood and is pretty much good at a lot of things. And can get away with a lot of things too.
- I Call It "Vera"
- Parody Sue
- Punny Name: To be fair, her parents were high for most of her pregnancy.
KelethA shapeshifter or something I dunno
KrachtHe's a guy made out of a tough mineral that has been through this battle hundreds of times before and is very assured that he will win.
- Invincible Villain
- Neutral Evil
- The Chessmaster - despite the obvious connotations Xadrez has going, Kracht is the one who has a better idea of all the schemes in motion.
Maxwell and SikariusA dead guy and his parasite. Sik can sort of force him to sort of shapeshift.
- Chaotic Evil
- Type PS Zombie
- Puppeteer Parasite: Sikarius can rapidly mutate Maxwell's body into weaponized bone.
- Shapeshifter Weapon
The OvoidA part of a fourth dimensional being. It is inscrutable as it is ovoid.
- True Neutral: If only because nobody knows what the hell it's thinking. Or planning. If it even can.
WeoA Rillian. A black-skinned humanoid. He has a scythe.
XadrezA sort of ghostly guy that has a circular chessboard. He likes strategising. He also has a knife.
The WordsmithA Grandmaster who died 7000 years previously. He wrote out the details of the battle which is now being enacted by his cult following.
Annaliese NibbsThe worst witch in the world.
- Born Unlucky
- Comedic Hero: "Succeeds" is a relative term here, but she's not dead yet.
- Shapeshifting: The only real magical talent Annaliese could be said to possess is the ability to turn into a... hummingbird.
Felix AtrumAn over-the-top villain who can manipulate gravity or something I dunno.
GreyveA guy I dunno
Loran TwightSome other guy I dunno
OTTO and O'rlyathA draconic robot who shares his metallic body with a deity.
VoitrachThe other other guy I dunno
Will HavenA guy stuck in a time loop.
The Battle Royale (Season 2)
Geoff WilsonA gray-skinned guy who is impervious to magic. He's detective-y.
- No-Sell: He's not Anti-Magic. Magic simply acts as though he weren't there.
- Private Detective
- Rubber-Forehead Alien: His forehead is normal, but he's basically a grey human with larger-than-normal eyes and no hair or fingernails.
Jeremy BrackettA guy who can make doors lead to another door, no matter if it's locked or something.
- Portal Network: Jeremy's power gives him access to something like this. Essentially, he can make any sort of door turn into a Cool Gate.
PhotographerA black humanoid thing that is very squishy and considers himself a 'thing' rather than a person. He talks to inanimate objects. When he falls asleep, his dream leaks into the real world.
- Companion Cube: The Photographer can talk to inanimate objects. They talk back to him. Everybody else just hears a one-sided conversation.
Sereno DementisA guy who has this shadow thing that stares at him a lot.
SiriusAn angel who hates ridiculous things, and is of course surrounded by them.
SteinwaffeA gargoyle with a silly name.
Timothy SwhalesA guy that can talk to his pantheon via torc and attempt to gain boons but more often than not fails.
Wardell ParaswonA guy that can whip out any book in the universe.
ZephyrA kid who can turn intangible. He's easily spooked. He wears metal shoes to keep from falling through the earth. He never made it to the actual battle.
The Gradual Massacre
The ControllerA complete sadist. An extreme sadist. Like, so unbelievably sadistic, you don't even know.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: Not established in-canon, but true nonetheless. (See also Never Mess with Granny)
- Manipulative Bastard: Applies to most of the Grandmasters, but this guy makes it an art form.
- Scary Shiny Glasses
Acacia SkammerA corrupt botanist. She's deaf because otherwise she wouldn't be able to use that sonic boomer collar thing.
- Disability Superpower: She was surgically deafened to prevent injuring herself with her vicious sonic weapon: The Boomer collar.
- Enemy Within
- Lawful Evil
- Split Personality
AlgernonA guy who lived in a post-apocalyptic world brought about by space worms. He has one on his head that lets him materialize whatever he can think of but it eats his memories in return. Because of his sister, he tries not to use it so much.
- Disaster Scavengers: Algernon displays a serious packrat personality in Round 1. Considering that Round 2 is a museum filled to the brim with torture devices and pain and suffering, it's understandable that he hasn't picked up anything since.
- However, he doesn't hesitate to pick up the junk that Pluck materializes for him.
- Equivalent Exchange: Algernon's parasitic head-worm can summon anything he wants, but in exchange he has to discard his own memories.
- Head Pet: Uh... Close enough.
- Human Notepad: In case he accidentally forgets something important. Like, for instance, that he's in a fight to the death.
- Neutral Good
Holly TallbirchAn elf who can turn emotions into items and vice versa. She likes screwing with people's minds.
- Chaotic Neutral
- Emotion Bomb
- HeelFace Turn
- Les Yay: No more needs to be said.
- Manipulative Bastard: In a rather more... Direct sense than most.
- Our Elves Are Better
- Whatevermancy: Pathomancy.
Lucas Maxl & Co.An insane guy who is possessed by a few demons: Lust, Wrath, Greed and Envy.
- Demonic Possession
- Many Spirits Inside of One
- Seven Deadly Sins - Technically only four of them, but the motif is there.
OuroborousA whole swarm of Ouroborites, which are mutant bugs that are creepy and scary.
- Horde of Mutant Locusts
- The Swarm
- True Neutral: If only because the only thing on their minds is food and they eat each other just as often as they eat others.
PluckA werewolf who can make whatever what someone's thinking of real. He can't see what they're thinking of though, so it's sort of a crapshoot sometimes. He has his own ideas what 'good' is.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: This werewolf is only human on the full moon and acts basically like a normal guy. But with fur.
Sir Arnold ScarletAn immortal knight who used to be part of the Round Table. In the present, he became a cop. Right now, he's probably wishing he were dead.
- Fate Worse than Death
- Knight in Shining Armor
- Red Shirt
- Who Wants to Live Forever? - This guy sure wouldn't, especially when he becomes the plaything of the sadistic Controller.
ThaneA part of an eldritch abomination fused to a person. He's pretty ruthless.
The CountessA clockwork-putty-spider-woman thing. She's almost as sadistic as The Controller. She was hired by him to move the battle along if necessary.
Intense Struggle (Season 2)
CH4-12-L13A death-robot. Deathbot.
DekowinA dragonfly-bug-princess person who wanted the throne but was beaten to it by her sister. She has a few anger issues.
KarenActually a video game avatar. She hasn't yet realized it's not a game.
Lillian FinchA cute little girl with a Kindred Spirit that is rather fond of her.
Lloyd ConradA protagonist from a book who found a way to escape from it and started wreaking havoc in other books. He was ripped out of a book by The Monitor.
Marcus WhiteA really strong guy who's not dumb.
Reudic OtsaceaeA psychic floating plant.
SarikaA bird woman with the ability to see the future. She has become sort of a vigilante.
The Phenomenal Fracas
The PrestidigitatorAnother one of the older grandmasters, he prefers more show and razzle dazzle in his battles. He has a strong sense of tradition.
Eureka FinchA woman who has the ability to control cloth. She is on the run from two major organizations, a government one and an underground one, and is a little paranoid.
- Fingerless Gloves
- The Generic Guy: And she likes it that way
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Eureka has the power to control cloth. Seems unusual and silly...but then again, she has the power to control cloth...
- True Neutral: But paranoid as hell.
La Aguja del Dolor and High Priest MuriegoAn evil death god pincushion and his high priest. Muriego has his Mouth Stitched Shut and seems to almost have no mind of his own. La Aguja has some mind manipulation powers.
- Battle Butler: Muriego.
- Black Cloak: Muriego.
- The Chosen One
- Evil Overlord
- Evil Sorcerer: Muriego again.
- Horrifying Hero: Inasmuch as any given character in a battle is a "hero" by default.
- Lawful Evil
- Manipulative Bastard: In the space of an hour, the pincushion organized a full-scale Revolution of the Proletariat in a space blimp. It Makes Sense in Context.
- Master of Illusion: Complements the Manipulative Bastard element nicely.
- Religion of Evil
MiqA trashcan. With teeth.
RikoA scientist with a bunch of potions and questionable liquids that can do almost anything.
Ripper BlackmaskA sky pirate that can turn happiness (in the form of objects) into power.
- Chaotic Neutral
- Cool Mask
- Covered with Scars
- Jet Pack
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Gets the core back from Lily in Round Two, which promptly and directly leads to the unsealing of The Malevolence.
- Pirate Booty: Gains power from treasure.
- Samus Is a Girl
- Sky Pirate
- Talk Like a Pirate
SyvexA crazy black lizard snake teeth thing. At least he's not a mindless monster.
- Alien Blood: Tends to spray dark purple blood all over the place during combat.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: Tends to shrug off almost all damage in combat due to his Healing Factor.
- Beam Spam: Uses this against Hebris in the first round.
- Beast of Battle: He was originally intended as this.
- Blood Knight: He seems to enjoy combat quite a bit, though he is hesitant to kill sentient beings (with an exception or two).
- Chaotic Neutral: Leans toward the "good" side, though.
- Cheshire Cat Grin: He rarely stops smiling.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Eyeless Face: Not that it stops him from seeing.
- Healing Factor: Though it's extremely slow in the light.
- Let's Mock the Monsters: Against the Lock Monsters.
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: His only facial feature is a mouth full of huge, razor-sharp teeth.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous
- Natural Weapon: Claws, teeth, shadow magic...
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Does this to Tamerlane, but is interrupted by the spirits of the manor house.
- Perpetual Smiler
- Portal Cut: Used as a weapon.
- Power Floats: When supercharged by Caliginosity.
- Power Glows: See Power Floats (though he also glows a dim purple-gray at all times).
- Taking the Bullet: Although it ends up empowering him instead.
- Throw It In!: He originally started with four arms, but a typo by another writer landed six as canonical.
TamerlaneA desert guy who can control sand and dust.
ThatixA ghost made out of fireflies. She's not the brightest contestant there, but then again, fireflies. She believes all the other contestants are part of the Council of Elders that had her killed.
The Fatal Conflict
The RedeemerFormally known as Zaire before he killed The Redeemer (otherwise known as Death) and took on his role. He was about to mess with the laws of death (and thus mess with the grand battles themselves) before The Prestidigitator stopped him and convinced him to make his own grand battle.
Bellona AchilliaA gladiatrix. She died because someone was a sore loser. She was actually born of a god.
Luron TimeriusSome other dead guy I dunno
Doctor Kaja LorrdenAn undead scientist.
Zachariah ShawThere are actually two Zachs. One is his ghost, the other is his zombie.
Laura ScourgeA punk-rock demon albino girl. With brown hair. And a super guitar thing.
SimphoniaA music spirit thing. Made up of entirely music and colors and taste and stuff.
Kargrek StrongarmA barbarian dude.
- Barbarian Hero: What did you expect?
- Chaotic Good
- World's Strongest Man: On top of being ridiculously burly in his own right, he was granted a pair of Super Strength gauntlets for being the paragon of barbarianly virtues.
Scott WilliamsA man who, because of an experimental medical treatment, randomly jumps forward or backward in time whenever his heart rate goes up.
The Great Belligerency
The ExecutorHe isolates himself from others, living alone in the void between universes, maintaining it to make it easier for others to pass through, an action for which he is derided. He sets up The Great Belligerency because he is bored.
Cole AranA scientist that boasted human's obvious superiority over insects. Anansi took offense and made it so that without bugs, he wouldn't even be able to walk.
"Amy"A mysterious girl of mysterious mysteriousness. Amy may or may not be her real name.
Phil GirnhamSpace marine dude.
UrA dead goddess, sort of. She created a world and then destroyed it. Her followers haunt her.
Spirit of Fairy TalesOr 'Soft'. She's a little violent and has a skewed vision of justice.
DoveAn extreme environmentalist.
Vandrel ReinhardtTyrant guy or something I dunno.
- Badass Cape
- Bald of Evil and Beard of Evil
- BFS: Wields a greatsword with one hand, due to his boosted strength.
- Evil Overlord
- Fantastic Racism
- Humans Are Bastards: Under his rule.
- Super Strength
- Tin Tyrant
BalanceThe god of balance.
The Grand Battle (Season 3)
The FoolUsed to be one of the Gentlemen in the original Grand Battle. He did it because he was totally bored. Which, oddly enough, seems to be a common reason with making these things.
Dr. Tengeri NyokaA Leviath who is also a scientist who is also a cyborg. She has some sort of telekinesis thing going on that allows her to carry around a bubble of water with her always so that she won't, oh you know, die or something.
- Artificial Limbs: Sort of.
- Electronic Eyes: Her three right eyes.
- Floating Water
- Kill It with Water: Her main modus operandi.
- Magitek: At the very least her Telekinetic Enhancement Module.
- Making a Splash
- Microts: "Cycle" instead of year.
- Mind over Matter: Her entire species is telekinetic, save a minority.
- Obstructive Code of Conduct: The NSC apparently has one of these. Tengeri chooses to ignore it for the battle.
- Power Levels: Her scanner categorizes organisms by threat level, based both on an opponent's power and likelihood of attack.
- Psychic Powers: Her telekinesis, enhanced by cybernetics allows her to suspend and freely manipulate a field of water around her as well as allowing her to hover several meters in the air.
- Standard Time Units: Used by the NSC.
- Starfish Aliens
- The Federation: The Neramis Science Coalition is essentially this.
- X-Ray Vision: Not yet used, however.
Murdoch MilesA Varalica, which here, translates to a glowy human thing. Used to be a (human) magician, with the slight-of-hand and all, but wanted more power and got it from the Broken Lady. All he had to do was kill loads of people, which he now regrets.
Benjamin Jetsam'Jetsam' sort of describes him well. Sort of. A being that doesn't really have a form any longer and is kept alive by some guy or something. This guy also forces him to randomly teleport to a bunch of different universes and worlds and crap. He really has been stripped to his essence and only takes form as whatever happens to live there, being made up of whatever happens to be nearby.
Tor KajanA Telpori-Hal, which is a humanoid (usually) alien that is quite like a phoenix. Meaning that every once in a while he combusts and comes out of the fire a new person. He doesn't exactly like humans.
Saint ScofflawAn eeeeeeevil genius intent on TAKING OVER THE WORLD! He claims to hear law as music and is so disillusioned with the current law that he aims to compose an entirely new one. One that sounds good.
KerakA Deinonychus (this species is actually real though it is doubtful that dinosaurs can actually talk) shaman. He's feathery and stuff.
Velobo Calidad (aka 2106062)A Plazmuth. He's a green cube thing genetically engineered for the entertainment of others. He's supposed to go out in a death arena and die in some entertaining way, but instead he came out intelligent and managed to put a stop to all this death course nonsense. For at least a few seconds.
TinTen Naamxe and Huebert HendersonAn odd coupling of a beefy, strong human and a fragile, smarter, squid thing. (Meipi, to be specific.) One makes weapons, the other uses them in a possibly destructive way. Together, they are actually two people, though they just count as one contestant.
- Brains and Brawn: Tin Ten's the brains, Huebert the brawn.
- Dumb Muscle: Cheerfully subverted by Huebert himself, who occasionally jokes about his own modest intellect.
- Genius Bruiser:If taken as a gestalt entity (not to be confused with a Gestalt entity)
- Great White Hunter: Huebert spent most of his life doing this, and Tin Ten dabbles (being more of a Pretty Good Salmon Hunter)
- Homeless Hero: The pair spend several years previous to their entry into the battle flying through space, fighting an evil duchess.
- The Gunslinger: Both of the Vaporizer variety. Huebert's favorite BFG in particular.
- Neutral Good: Well, Huebert is. Tin Ten's more Lawful Good.
- Science Hero: And an Action Hero too.
- World's Strongest Man: Huebert lives in a time where cybernetics and genetic engineering are common, spent most of his life living in the wild, and has a super-genius scientist from the most technologically-advanced planet in the sector for a best friend. Dude's got guns.
The Spectacular Exhibition
The CounselorA Grandmaster chick who thinks that Grand Battles will help contestants get over their issues. This is insane and stupid.
Crepitans BloodbarkA large walking tree with spikes and who is also a dark magician shaman sort of thing. His problem is that he is uppity and has a superiority complex or something.
Norman Randall PolletReligious dude who has family issues. His brother's ghost may or may not be haunting him.
TriaA sort of cyborg person woman who got run over by a train? Some mad scientist dude fixed her up and then some and I can't think of anything funny here.
Brooklyn TaylorGHOST POSSESSING ROCKET-POWERED SCUM-HUNTING CHAINSAW. NOT JOKING.
- Death by Origin Story - the character was originally a Town Inventor from a game of Mafia, who was killed in the epilogue. But came back for petty revenge.
- Self-Constructed Being - subverted, seeing as she made her rocket-propelled chainsaw without the original intention of being stuck in it as a ghost.
- Mind over Matter - she can grab metal to augment her chainsaw chassis. And operate a blowtorch.
- Jet Pack
- Ghostly Goals - a type A spectre.
- Absent-Minded Professor - or possibly a full-on Mad Scientist.
RedA lobster in a MECH SUIT THAT IS RED. THAT'S HIS NAME.
NemaeusBig strong tough guy raawr. He has this strong wolf skin pelt thing that is impenetrable perhaps. He possibly hypnotizes people with his manly charms.
BlazaardA-A-R-D-V-A-R-K. With light-based powers. At its strongest it does that thing like what happens in that Indiana Jones movie that I never watched Ark of the Covenant, I think?
Gepetto MortiPuppeteer accompanied by puppets. Puppets are creepy, especially when alive. He controls souls or something like that.
The Relentless Slaughter
The TormentorA big meanie.
- For the Evulz
- Chaotic Evil
- Dark Is Evil
- Evil Laugh
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Sinister Geometry. Getting the point, sunshine?
RolloA-R-M-A-D-I-L-L-O. Of the Saturday morning cartoon variety. Oddly enough, wears pants but no shirt, which is sort of the opposite of how most cartoon characters are dressed.
GannetThis diseased guy, part of some weird bacteria colony called the Oracle. He's a scout. But also infected. Also happy. But doesn't like doctors.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Try to read a scene from his perspective without getting confused. Go on.
- Mad Oracle: Works for one.
- Viral Transformation
Samael CorsonDemon who is forced into human form. Because of some other demon's mistake, he has to reincarnate over and over. He may or may not follow Hinduism. Or Buddhism. Also, he has fruit powers. Also powers that are supposed to be related to Greed but not really.
Vulm'mram'VuulBig bad alien with a possible inferiority complex. Follows some weird caste system where the most important and powerful one in society is considered God-Emperor. So many weapons. So much religion.
Dorin, Shik'skara, and guestsA sacrifice sort of gone wrong because it was interrupted. Dorin has some guardian thing and also is now a doorway for gods and stuff. This may be painful.
Lieutenant Matthew ZimmerMagical lucky alchemist soldier guy?
Martin HoldenAndroid dude with memory issues. Has penguins on his boxers.
KeBig spider storyteller thing. All about remembering stories. But is also a spider, which is scary.
The CharlatanIs he smiling behind his mask? I dunno. It makes him look so friendly. He's apparently not that good at being nosy.
The BroderburgsA family in an RV. They have a baby. Family drama will probably ensue during a battle to the death. "Dad, you don't understand, I love him!"
John SmithIs that his real name? Nobody knows! Probably not. What kind of name is John Smith? Highly suspect. His power is exploding or something. He doesn't want to.
Yanis CarneaA goddess of doorknobs and locks. She's very creative with her domain. Also, long-ass fingernails. This is highly important.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power - She makes it a point to stretch her control over doors and locks as far as she can manage.
- Physical Goddess
Gamehost 6Gamehost. Six doesn't refer to the number of gamehosts there's been. Maybe not, anyways. It's his head. His head is six. Sided. Dice. He's a robot with a dice-head. Six. Six-sided. That's what he is.
Parsley KroseA demon-hunter who attacks with bread by turning things into bread and thinks he's on some sort of hallucinogen or demon-high or something. Demons.
Nancy LittleA 20s police secretary. Flappers? Flappers are cool. She's not a flapper. She's very lucky. She has a typewriter. This is extremely important.
EnvoyA robot who serves as an envoy because that's his name. The council orders him around and thinks he should do this. No, he should do this. Well come on guys, he can't do both things. Agree or something.
Ashley HaydenAshley is not a boy's name. Good thing he's half-girl. Part-girl? Mentally-partly-girl. He's both genders, okay.
The Glorious Championship
The HedonistA powerful genie. Not exactly "all there".
Gabe FarrellUsed to work as a janitor for a research facility, but in an accident ended up contaminated with a chemical that allows him to turn his hand into any power tool.
- Shapeshifter Weapon
- Unwitting Pawn: Is essentially a ping-pong ball going back and forth between The Convolution and Etiyr. Currently, he's on Etiyr's side of the table.
- Robo Ship: with Etiyr. It's weird.
"Lucky" VIIA planet-sized spaceship designed to escape the Big Crunch. Contains one-tenth of its home universe. Has been shrunk down to the size of a beach ball for fairness.
Cailean Lachlan/GaurinnCailean is a soldier "blessed" by the Goddess of Mercy, meaning that any pain he inflicts on someone else goes right back to him. Gaurinn is a bio-engineered Not Quite A Centipede who can store and release electricity at will, but is pretty fragile. They
- Blessed With Suck - Oh, Cailean.
- Body Horror: Cail's arm and spine get ripped out and replaced with a giant sentient insect, who didn't exactly enjoy the process either. They're coping with it remarkably well. Once Cailean gets zombified this becomes an all-over thing.
- Deadpan Snarker - Gaurinn
- Only Sane Man - Gaurinn often seems to play this role.
- Shock and Awe - Gaurinn
Elimine FrazeA trombone player/adventurer with psychic powers and a cat made of shadows.
- Calling Your Attacks - Starting with Accelerando Slash, and now including "Cadence Sever" and "Brahms Mend."
- Improbable Weapon User - Uses a bladed trombone.
Quantos XodarapA time-traveling cyborg guy.
AMPA robot thing that generates electromagnetic fields to manipulate pieces of metal. Its core, and most important piece, is a red sphere at the center.
The ConvolutionA collection of ideas that influence cultural patterns, which take the form of a purple badge thing.
- You Cannot Kill An Idea: Or at least, it'll certainly be hard.
- Ho Yay: Seems inordinately fond of forcing this on other people. Case in point: Bethany and Restless-She. Restless-She is a monkey.
- Even the Guys Want Him
EtiyrA demon sealed in a typewriter, who communicates by... typing. The longer someone spends near him, the more they fall under his thrall.
The Vivacious Deadlock
The SpectatorAn extradimensional artiste with a penchant for Body Horror; her canvas is the flesh, and (rather more literally), her tower is eyeballs. She started her battle so it could serve as her muse. Has a nebulous but friendly relationship with the Tormentor and a sassy one with her assistant.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Wants everything to be beautiful. Has a questionable definition of "beautiful".
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: Yep.
- Shapeshifting: Let's just say she's indecisive.
- Morphic Resonance: All of her forms involve the color red. It's yet to be seen if this is voluntary or not.
Sir Cedric, son of SigmundSir Cedric is the Grand-Battle-Specific trope of the Bearded Swordsman, played totally straight and self-aware. He is a big, buff Norseman with a flaming sword and a bit of a complex from living so long in the shadow of his father. Could probably seduce your pants off.
- Oedipus Complex: Without all the Unfortunate Implications. You know... Probably.
- BFS: Sometimes, a sword is just a Sigrar.
- Lawful Good: He aims for this. Maybe.
- Knight in Shining Armor
MerrifieldMerrifield is a genetic abomination arising from some questionable organ-cloning practices. She can control her own body, and anyone else's, with unnatural precision. Will probably end up forcing everyone around her to give birth and/or spontaneously combust.
Dr. Melissa HarmonA hard-nosed career scientist whose work with alternate dimensions was reaching fruition just as she was stolen away to fight a bunch of other people from alternate dimensions. Won "Most Likely to Have a Thematically Appropriate Escape Attempt GBs 2011".
KlendelA shadowy being with a large gear protruding from his back. Klendel is manipulative, anarchistic, and likes long walks on the beach after a hard day of collapsing mighty empires. Was never known as Pickbot. Ever.
Ivan NorstIvan is a hybrid of the human and Autian species; he has powerful tremorsense but poor vision, and is whip-smart both strategically and mathematically. Can control magnetic fields a bit.
NalzakiNalzaki is actually Razaran, Nalyg, and Kanpeki, three dragonlike creatures who were fused together to rule their world as the Ninth Kryesan. They can shapeshift their limbs with high precision and possess a bit of telepathy. A real one-character argument.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: The Kryesan of Typhra is a huge, shapeshifting, very hard-to-kill hydra.
- Large and in Charge: Being an amalgamation of three members of the species tends to make them larger than pretty much everyone else in their species.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: They can create any amount of limbs as needed.
- Multiple Head Case: A mild case, but still present at times.
- Psychic Block Defense: They have an extremely strong defense against telepathy.
- Psychic Link: All three communicate almost entirely via thought.
- Telepathy: To a limited degree.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting
Cascala bint Ondun al-BellizhiCascala is nearly unique among battlers in that she had advance knowledge of the Grand Battle she was entered in before it happened; the magical empire of Bellizhi was warned in a vision that one of their own would be in such a battle, and it spent Cascala's whole life preparing her for it. She is a powerful water mage who specializes in weather manipulation. Takes things very seriously.
- Ice Queen: With real potential to become a more literal one.
- Lawful Neutral
- Making a Splash
- Messianic Archetype: Surprising, considering her first act in the battle was to drown a man in his friend's blood, but Cascala is simply doing what has to be done to save her people.
- Person of Mass Destruction: There's a reason a woman who was groomed to be the ultimate magical weapon chose something as innocuous-sounding as "weather" as her primary study. It makes sense when you stop thinking "partly cloudy" and start thinking "hurricane".
Empress PhereA paranoid monarch with a literally all-seeing eye, Phere is a competent wizard and a ruthless despot. She uses her Hollow eye to spy on who- and whatever she pleases. Not very polite.
The Wretched Rite
Barabbas PoeNot the Grandmaster of this battle, per se, he's still its guiding force; he's some kind of immortal human or something, and he uses The Wordsmith's writings to lead him to the calamitous event to come. He's very mysterious and knowledgeable and et-cetera. Could probably be called stodgy.
The UnbornThe actual Grandmaster of this battle, The Unborn seems to have been unknowingly created by the collective meddling and carelessness of the other Grandmasters. Since it was born of the ritual of Grand Battling, that's what it intends to do. Apparently the way its battle goes will have Dire Consequences for the multiverse.
Nempelio Poran kala-SunNempelio is a mouse and also a bard. And also he can fly. Pretty typical "boasting false hero" backstory and personality. He can make illusions and has a tiny harp!
Vera Hawthorne (and Alice Mason too)Vera (and Alice) come from a race that can read fate. They were fated to be enemies, and Alice was to die at Vera's hand. When Vera got abducted into this battle, fate got pissed off and sent Alice too. Vera has pretty competent combat abilities; Alice is lame and sucks.
Olivia ReindanaOlivia was a scientist on an expedition to the Amazon; she ended up parasitized by a semi-sentient plant, and has been gradually going crazy and gaining superpowers.
Fiorella GucciFiorella is the current Anthropomorphic Personification of Human High Fashion. She is very catty and fashionable, and she is way prettier than you.
Malus mancinellaM. mancinella (or Emmy-M as it goes by when spinning) is a very confused young nature spirit inhabiting an acidic apple tree. It usually takes the shape of a woody panther and has fruitikinesis.
AlluvionAlluvion is the spirit of a small river, brought into existence by the collective belief of the marine life that inhabited said river. It has some water powers and is rather uncultured.
Adelaide Margaret SheatsAdelaide is a rusalka, which is like a freaky zombie but soggier. She can teleport between water sources and likes to eat people.
Taelia Omanguard and The OmenTaelia is a young woman, trained to fight but inexperienced in actual combat. She was supposed to guard the prison of an ineffable evil called The Omen, but was tricked and The Omen is now contained in her.
The Fearsome Encounter
The ApprenticeGrandmaster of the battle and apprentice of the Controller. Kinda smug and self-assured. Possibly not really that competent.
Augustus and AzungradaOne is a pirate-priest, one is a snake with a name that sounds like cheese. Together they fight heathen crime!
Cepra SamediA spider woman with a purple hand that can turn people into silver and also she's an assassin or something
CthaasaGiant leech scientist WITH A PASSION FOR SCIENCE.
EncyclopediaIT'S A BOOK. You read it. It doesn't run on electricity because it's a book, jackass. Also there's a person inside it.
Mr. SaturdaySome guy who's dead and something about the Wild West, maybe, like that one time in Back to the Future III.
ParliamentA type of government that is run by birds and they don't decide on anything also the politicians are all crooks and not politicians at all.
Pope TriumphianSPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE
RedclawA werewolf or something.
The ViscountNot an actual character.
The Grand Bachelorette
Shirley BlackwingThe Director's daughter, and the one for whose affection everyone was to compete for. The fact that she's an anthropomorphic fruit bat has not turned off anybody.
- The Cameo: A number of other Grand Battle spinoffs have taken place in her home of Blackwing Manor at the same time, so this is pretty much inevitable.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Her weapon of choice is a stainless-steel katana named Silverbolt.
- Only Sane Man: She seems to be the only person aware of how utterly ridiculous the typical Grand Whatever lineup is.
- Weaksauce Weakness: According to her official bio (open "The Girl"), she's allergic to flower pollen, lactose-intolerant, and afflicted with Super Drowning Skills; however, none of these have been used against her... yet.
(For The Sunset's profile, scroll up to Grand Battle II)
Aaron Smith and Ryan Jones
The Grand Heist
- The Generic Guy: So much that nobody would recognize her even if she stole from them.
Owen Biss Johnathan
Alfred JTS Nicholas D. "Beat" Shackles
- Escaped from Area 51.
The Grand Tweet
Doctor Moira Lain
The Great Machine
Dr. Lucifer Merikh
- Deadly Doctor
- Driven to Madness: Became an insane murderer after his family's death.
- I'm a Doctor, Not a Placeholder: Said by the Mechanic during Merikh's introduction.
- Mad Doctor
- Meaningful Name: Lucifer is often used as the name of the Devil. The name Merikh means "death" or "slaughter".
- Morally Ambiguous Doctorate
- Noodle Incident: According to his backstory, he killed someone through podiatry.
- Obfuscating Sanity
- Omnicidal Maniac
- This Is a Drill: A dentist's drill, no less.
- Chaotic Evil
- Living Shadow
- Master of Illusion: Uses psychological fighting more than physical fighting.
- The Trickster
The Grand Scheme
Xion of Landfall
- Eldritch Abomination: Xyllo, who is at the start stuck in Drake's head
- Did We Just Have Tea with Cthulhu?: Drake seems mighty close friends with a terror stuck in his mind.
The Extreme Error
The Computer/The Glitch
Ollie the Octopus
- Funetik Aksent almost to the point of being incomprehensible.
- Trapped in TV Land or "glitch fuckin' city".
- Who Writes This Crap?!
The Grand Brawl
- Our Angels Are Different: Alex killed a member of a cult with supernatural powers called Angels, which gave him his power.
- Bishōnen: He's described as a boy band member, and he's... well... an angel.
SandolioA member of a mexican order of Mages who specialize in sealing animal souls into their bodies. He's very lazy, to the point of almost napping in the middle of the Grand Brawl.
- One-Winged Angel: He has the ability to fuse every one of his wolf souls into his body, making him a wolfman of great power. This, however, has a very short time period in which it can be used, due to it being so power-consuming.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Again, his full fusion form.
- Revolvers Are Just Better: His preferred weapon for his wolf souls.
- Gratuitous Spanish: All of his attack moves are named in (poorly translated) Spanish.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Loves his naps, but he's also fairly smart and prepared - he grabs a fire extinguisher early on to combat fire-users.
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: In a game where supernatural powers and being ultra-powerful beings is the norm, Samuel's... a snake with a cool top hat.
- Hammer Space: His hat acts like this, which is his only 'odd' power.
- Jerkass: Pretty much, or at least his description says so. He may evolve later on.
- Nice Hat: His lovely top hat.
- Badass Normal: No real powers beyond his hat and being a snake. And yet he was judged powerful enough to join the Grand Brawl by his Gentleman.
- Mummy: Originally, he was this, and still is, but got rid of the majority of the bandages.
- The Undead: One of the nicer members.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Not to the extent of Sandolio's inherent laziness, but he's rather sleepy. Still, he has a pretty good analytical mind, and is far more cautious and thoughtful than people like Dagg.
- Really 700 Years Old: He's much older than sixteen.
- Whip It Good: Can use bandages as whips.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Played straight. He uses darkness and has a dark theme, but he's not evil, even if a bit vicious.
- Leeroy Jenkins: He's not one for strategy. Not at all.
- Honor Before Reason: He refuses Sandolio's offer of alliance because of the wolf souls sealed in him.