The heroine of our tale; a bored teenage girl who dreams of adventure.
- Action Girl: How she sees herself in her dreams.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Implied as regards to school; she hates the place and often drifts off into dreams, but is quite intelligent and still knows enough to have a favourite Shakespeare passage to quote. Also implied when being The Storyteller to Leelee.
- But Not Too Black: Although the stock character description for Jenny Everywhere states she "appears to be Asian or Native American", in this version she appears to have a (presumably white) very English father and Non-Specifically Foreign mother.
- Cool Big Sis: How Leelee sees her. She's not so sure.
- Cool Loser: Well, she's Jenny Everywhere, let's be honest, but here she has few friends.
- Deadpan Snarker: at times, mostly as a coping mechanism.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: Constantly dreams of having adventures, foreshadowing what she'll become. (Justified as it's basically her in contact with alternate Jennies.)
- Embarrassing Nickname: "Amy Johnson" after the aviatrix.
- Everybody Hates Mathematics: One of the subjects she's not too keen on.
- Goggles Do Nothing: Except perhaps remind her of adventure. Lampshaded constantly by other characters.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Until her wish gets fulfilled, of course.
- Only Friend: To Leelee, probably.
- School Is for Losers: She'd prefer to be off on wild adventures, if only her mother would let her...
- The Storyteller: Reluctantly. Leelee likes hanging around her because she enjoys Jenny's tales of adventure; she pretends to be no good at it.
- Tomboy: Hates fashion, makeup and other stereotypical girly interests; when she's not dreaming about adventures, she prefers going to football matches with her Dad.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Toast, of course. Preferably hot and buttered for breakfast.
Leah "Leelee" Jones
A younger girl who hangs around with Jenny and annoys her no end. Is fond of skipping school.
- Allergic to Routine: getting up and going to school on an actual regular basis ain't her thing. That said, she sometimes gets bored with ''not' attending school (or maybe she misses Jenny, who knows?)
- Can't Live With Them, Can't Live Without Them: is extremely annoying but Jenny likes her as she provides some excitement in her life, and she doesn't have many other real friends.
- Cloudcuckoolander: a mild case. She comes and goes as she pleases for no obvious reason (except perhaps boredom), oblivious to anything and everything. Her favourite pastime is riding her bike round the park scaring the ducks at the duckpond, and might just turn up at school if something looks interesting. But she's reasonably lucid.
- The Ditz: doesn't get big words, Shakespeare references, the fact that perverts are a problem, or that being in the road when a bus is coming up behind you isn't a good idea.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": her real name is Leah, but she prefers Leelee.
- Late for School: constantly, not that she cares.
- Nephewism: is an orphan, "raised" by her uncle.
- Only Friend: To Jenny. Kind of, so far.
- Outdoorsy Gal: likes riding around on her bike.
- Parental Neglect: her uncle seems not to care about her constant truancy and appears to get drunk a lot.
- Skipping School: constantly.
- Too Dumb to Live: During an unfortunate near miss with a bus.
- Unkempt Beauty: Is described as "pretty" but has messy hair, dresses casually and doesn't wear makeup. Contrasted deliberately with the girls Jenny doesn't get on with.
Jenny's somewhat overbearing mother.
- Education Mama: Up to Eleven. Insists studies are more important than crazy dreams where Jenny is concerned and ensures she gets to school half an hour early.
- Non-Specifically Foreign: There are hints in the dialogue that suggest she might be an immigrant, but no indication of where. (Done as a ham-fisted attempt to avoid Unfortunate Implications with respect to any particular national stereotype.)
Jenny's father. Somewhat more sympathetic to her the way she is. Likes football and following the news incessantly.
Jenny's maths teacher and Leelee's form tutor.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: forces the school bullies to lay off Jenny and Leelee, but puts his foot down with them too.
- Deadpan Snarker: when it comes to Jenny's idiosyncracies getting in the way of her studies.
Resident Alpha Bitch
and Jenny's chief antagonist at school.