Characters featuring in or introduced in Joe Abercrombie's Red Country, a standalone sequel to The First Law series.
A young woman with a dark past.
Lamb (AKA Logen Ninefingers)
A cowardly farmhand, Shy's stepfather
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Retired Badass
- Retired Gunfighter: While handguns do not exist in the setting, he is still modeled after this archetype.
- The So-Called Coward: A dark take on this. He puts on a cowardly, non-confrontational personality, because if he engages in combat, it tends to bring out a not so nice side of his personality.
- Two Aliases, One Character /Not Using The L Word: He's Logen Ninefingers/The Bloody Nine from The First Law. While the book can be enjoyed without knowing this, its a Late-Arrival Spoiler that is important to understanding his character.
- The Alcoholic: Frequently goes on and off the wagon.
- Lovable Rogue: Subverted. He has the personality, but his actions are anything but lovable.
- Rogue Protagonist: He's a Lovable Rogue in his previous appearances and quite evil in this one. It's sort of a case of Protagonist Journey to Villain except that after his slight moral decline between his first and second appearances, he is a lot worse in this one.
A cowardly young jack-of-all-trades serving as the lawyer for Cosca's band.