Notice to tropers:
- Currently filling up space so pictures don't get all off center
- If you add enough info where we don't need it, please remove the extra bullets
- Please don't remove if you have nothing to replace it with, or the pictures get messed up
- Due to the fact that some of the children's stories are still being written/haven't been writen yet some characters may be more fleshed out than others.
As you can see, The Clan is... quite large.
He attends Ouran Academy and is winged to Haruhi Fujioka.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: He's the eldest child. We've never seen him in an actual fight, but when compared to the rest of the kids he always seems to come out on top.
- Defrosting Ice King
- Demon Head: He uses both of his parents' techniques to great effect.
- Expy: His appearance is inspired by Odin from Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple.
- Honest Corporate Executive: He is the heir to MBI. Once in charge, he runs it efficiently and honestly. That isn't to say that he doesn't sanction some underhanded stuff. He just usually leaves that to his cousin Saito.
- Katanas Are Just Better: He favors archery as a hobby, but he trains seriously in his mother's sword style.
- Not So Above It All: It's Ouran. Frankly we're surprised he made it to his third year unscathed.
- Oh, Crap!: This happens to him when Haruhi gets her own mask.
- Only Sane Man: He certainly feels like it in the Host Club.
- Sweet on Polly Oliver: He has a brief moment of this when he Reacts to Haruhi. Fortunately his confusion doesn't last very long.
- The World Is Not Ready: He takes the protection of the Masquerade very seriously, even to the point of trying to delay his Reaction for several months.
- Their First Time: During the Christmas Party setup, he and Haruhi get really tired and sleep together without meaning to. He then reveals this while under the influence of the cocktail. Cue Miya going all Mama Bear.
- Big Brother Mentor: Literal one to Touma while he was training him in military strategy.
- Black Knight: Has shades of this since his encounter with his future counterpart
- Chivalrous Pervert: Despite how respectful he is with women of most caliburs, he's had more one night stands than most people care to remember.
- Combat Pragmatist: His specialty.
- Dead Guy Junior: Named after Shiro's adopted father.
- Designated Victim: His cooking skill and his resilience make him a favorite target of his siblings for household pranks. This gets taken Up to Eleven with his cousin Mana, who not only enjoys messing with him when they're off duty, but even seeks him out on the battlefield to extort money for her services. Also, him suffering gives her a W.A.F.F..
- Don't Tell Mama: Saber doesn't exactly approve of a few of his less than honorable escapades, so he keeps her in the dark most of the time.
- When she finds out, she goes all Mama Didn't Raise No Criminal. With physical violence.
- The Dreaded: Aunt Taiga with Torashinai. Artemis with Torashotgun.
- Doting Parent
- Eldritch Abomination: Anything he tries to cook turns into one.
- Father to His Men: Most of them are orphans whom he took in, so this could be taken literally.
- Groin Attack: Victim, often. Courtesy of Artemis and her Shotgun.
- Idiot Hair
- Lethal Chef
- Like an Old Married Couple: With Artemis. To the extent that it hurts.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Since he's named after Shirou's father, most everyone just calls him "Kiri" seeing how "Kiritsugu The Second" or "Kiritsugu Junior" is more of a mouthful.
- Platonic Life-Partners: With Artemis, maybe.
- Suckiness Is Painful: He sucks at poetry. A lot. His attempts are overly dramatic and oblique, usually not making sense or not being at all entertaining to read. Subverted in that they aren't known to cause pain, just vast pity.
- Except those about women. Those ones are so bad they're hilarious.
- Team Dad: Becomes so for his mercenary group.
Black Knight Kiritsugu: A Future-AU!Kiri who lived his life fully as a Black Knight An alternate future of Kiritsugu that lived according to the ideal he strived for his whole life. Though much of his past is not clear, it is known that he had three children in his life. Two of them, Gwen and Bedivere are only mentioned by name. While the third, who ended up being named Aurora in the current timeline, was killed by the Black Knight in his timeline and ended up being his greatest regret. When sent back in time, he sacrificed his life to save and redeem his daughter who he named Aurora before he died on what was the equivalent of his 90th birthday.
- Artificial Limbs
- Black Knight: The original
- Bolivian Army Ending
- Eye Patch Of Power
- Heroic Sacrifice
- Lethal Chef: Much like his younger self anything he cooks turns into an Eldritch Abomination. Later does this on purpose when he's Servant Rider in the Fifth Heaven's Feel.
Through some Time Travel Hijinks, she found herself in ancient Camelot at the same time a certain knight was trying to join the Round Table.
- A-Cup Angst
- Berserk Button: Talk about her chest, talk about her height, talk about her age, talk about Lancelot...
- Cool Sword: And the sword in question, Caliburn.
- Cute Bruiser: Despite being the daughter of King Arthur, she prefers Good Old Fisticuffs.
- At least until she ends up caught in a Time Travel warp and sent back to the days of Camelot. Then she was forced to apply her sword skills.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: She gets mad very easily. She gets violent even easier.
- Huge School Girl: She's 185 cm (6'1") tall!
- Has Two Mommies: Saber/Arturia and Rin, jokingly.
- Idiot Hair
- Katanas Are Just Better: She is a prodigy with two-handed broadswords, but...
- Megaton Punch: Her favorite attack is a prana-burst enhanced haymaker.Falcon PAWNCH!
- My Future Self and Me: During the Christmas Party she ends up summoning Lily!Arika as part of the second botched attempt to summon Lancelot. The first attempt brought BK!Kiri.
- Mythology Gag: Due to her stay in Camelot, she ends up having white magical armor that doesn't hides her femininity. This, along with the fact she wields Caliburn, refers to the design of Saber Lily, who appeared as an alternate costume for Saber in Fate/unlimited codes.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Shortly after her arrival in the past, she accompanies Lancelot in aiding an attacked village. One of the victims mistake her for King Arthur.
- Tsundere: Type B
- Yandere: Alter!Arika for Lancelot
- Can't Hold His Liquor
- Chivalrous Pervert
- Fanservice: His female side unfortunately takes this role a lot.
- Genre Blindness
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Aoshi
- Interspecies Romance: With Lala, a Devilukean.
- Gender Bender: It's happened a few times.
- Generation Xerox: He managed to avoid whatever genetic quirk that made Homura the way she was, but then Lala shows up with her odd little machines...
- Playing with Fire
- Tempting Fate
- Always Someone Better: He has yet to beat Takeshi in a competition of any kind.
- Bare-Fisted Monk
- Blood Knight: Enjoys fighting just a tad too much.
- Butt-Monkey: His resilience makes him a prime candidate for bad stuff happening unfortunately.
- Challenge Seeker
- Fearless Fool
- Made of Iron: Only he could survive some of the crap the universe puts him through.
- Miles to Go Before I Sleep
- Our Vampires Are Different
- Shotgun Wedding: Much like his father, this happens to him and Moka after the party.
- Superpowered Evil Side: When he goes Apostle on someone.
- Training from Hell: Willingly puts himself through this to get stronger.
- Trauma Conga Line: The Christmas both begins and ends with him pretty much screwed over.
- Unwanted Harem: Just like his father.
- Weapon of Choice
- We Do the Impossible
Dead-Apostle Haru: A future-AU!Haru who gave in fully to his Dead-Apostle Ancestry
- Challenge Seeker
- Death Seeker
- The Dragon: Pretty much becomes this during the Christmas party.
- Groin Attack: How he is blackmailed, by both his mother and AU!Illya.
- No One Respects the Spanish Inquisition: He doesn't exactly get a lot of props for presiding over The Fellowship's trial for heresy
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
Kyon (see Suzumiya Haruhi)
Haruhi Suzumiya is his Ashikabi, but there is a standing order to not let her know anything about The Clan, for the exact same reasons given in the original series.
- Boring, but Practical: Common Sense seems like a really stupid power doesn't it? But when you get it EX rank and begin mastering the art of Story Fu, you essentially become indomitable. Narrative Casualty bends itself to your will.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: He occasionally takes it up with the author how silly things are getting.
- Dead Pan Snarker
- Deus Sex Machina: His idea to make sure the Christmas party doesn't happen again. He doesn't actually go through with it though.
- Fourth-Wall Observer
- Genre Savvy: If he starts predicting the narrative structure, nothing can stop him.
- Hostile Show Takeover: His last resort and most powerful weapon.
- Meta Guy: When things get out of hand, he starts pointing out the ridiculousness of the story devices.
- Only Sane Man
- Rage Against the Author: When it gets out of hand."You want us to suffer. I get it already, but could you be, I dunno, a bit more original and less contrived? You know what? Screw it. You're incompetent. I'm taking over."
- Screw This I'm Watching The Fireworks: What he and Chisame decide to do when the Christmas Party reaches criticality.
- The World Is Not Ready: ...for Haruhi Suzumiya.
She attends Hakuou Academy and is in a relationship with Hinagiku Katsura, as well as having winged the daughter of Kuno and Haruka Shigi, survivors of the Sekirei Plan.
- Combat Medic
- Combat Pragmatist
- The Dreaded: Start praying if she gives you the smile.
- Dual Wielding
- Lethal Chef: Sorta. Her dishes are noted as being extremely healthy but they taste terrible.
- Mad Artist / True Art Is Incomprehensible: She really, really sucks at art. Just one glance is enough to cause Eye Scream.
- The Medic: She's studying to become one just like her mother.
- Perpetual Smiler
- Weak, but Skilled: She has the lowest stats in the family aside from her mother, but she can still fight evenly with the best of them.
While accompanying Shirou on a business trip to the London Clock Tower, she witnessed a rather scrawny boy confronting a gang of bullies and moved to his aid, only to be caught up in an attack from demonic shades.
Chisame (see Mahou Sensei Negima!)
She was found years later, while attending Mahora Academy, and retroactively winged herself once she had been made aware of her half-Sekirei nature.
- Changeling Fantasy: She thought herself as a normal human until her parents finally located her and manifested her Sekirei wings as result of her Pactio kiss with Negi months ago.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Generation Xerox: Inverted, she has no idea how she came from her mother.
- Long-Lost Relative
- Playful Hacker: Often does odd jobs for her family and friends. Between her and Karin, most would prefer to have her.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Karin's Red
- Only Sane Man: With Kyon amongst the clan.
- Secret Keeper: Only one in the Clan who knows some of Souhiro's deals
- Unfazed Everyman: She can walk past the absolutely, batshit insane and just treat it like part of the scenery.
During her school years she chose to wing herself on a junior female student, which also happened to be her brother Aoshi's girlfriend. This has not stopped her from continuing on as "Public Obscenity v2", according to Miya.
- BrotherSister Incest: She does not mind in the slightest if Aoshi still wants to be with his girlfriend.
- Blow You Away
- Lovable Sex Maniac
- The Tease
- Whip It Good: Her earliest profile indicated she used exotic weaponry for CQC, including this.
Eventually gets happily married to a fellow idol. Then, falls into a rift in reality made by his drunk sister and ends up a soldier on The Gallian Front.
His time under torture and experimentation morphed his Origin and gave him a cold blooded Alter ego, 'The Ghost'.
- Action Survivor
- Aura Vision: Has a version of Eagle Vision.
- Becoming the Mask: For a good part of his early life, Touma is trying to become the happy, cheery kid he portrays himself to be to the world, even as he grows into adulthood. However, due to the damage he suffered at the Abbey, this is pretty much impossible.
- Bedmate Reveal: Does this with any family member, particularly his siblings, to the point where he never actually sleeps in his own room. Without the sexual implications.
- In Paradox Sun, he ends up in this situation with both Freesia and Jane...and this time, it does come with the sexual implications.
- Big Brother Worship: To Haru (nicknamed Haruru).
- Bullet Time: Can do this in short bursts consecutively thanks to the Assassin's Impulse.
- Chick Magnet: Just like many others in the clan.
- Combat Pragmatist: Having Mana Ryougi and Kiritsugu as your combat instructors makes this a given.
- Comfort Food: Tea Biscuits
- Earn Your Goddamn Happy Ending: By god does Touma go through a lot of crap before he gets his.
- Generation Xerox: In Paradox Son, despite his best efforts, he ends up earning the affections of all of the girls in his platoon that aren't already in a relationship or in possession of Incompatible Orientation.
- Growing Up Sucks: The VC!Verse is not kind to his body or his psyche.
- Father to His Men: Eventually, once he gets the hang of command.
- Happily Married to Shijou Takane, of Idolm@ster fame.
- Hyper-Awareness: Can not only discern the slightest noises, smells, and feelings over a couple hundred yard radius, he can even filter out irrelevant info.
- Idol Singer: Rare male example.
- Improvised Weapon: Can use almost anything.
- Jekyll & Hyde: His normal, carefree self, and 'The Ghost.'
- Knife Nut: Very good with pointy objects thanks to Mana Ryougi's tutelage.
- More Expendable Than You: Considers himself this way to everyone in the Clan.
- And eventually, to Squad Seven
- Must Make Him Smile: His mission to get DA!Haru (dubbed 'Frowny Haruru') to crack an actual smile.
- Also played with when it comes to his assassin instructor Mana. Being the Nietzsche Wannabe she is, he struggles to get her to look at her life more cheerfully.
- Ninja: 'The Ghost's' way of doing things.
- Nietzsche Wannabe: Mostly concerning himself. A bit when it comes to the world.
- Scars Are Forever: He has a lot of them from the Cold-Blooded Torture he went through, and a few more from the Training from Hell that came a few years after that ended. He believes that their existence marks him as a defiled person and hates showing it to anyone barring Takane and Mana, who have convinced him otherwise for different reasons.
- It's implied that the scars may have a bit more importance than just scars if his dreams in Paradox Sun are anything to go by.
- Superpowered Evil Side: 'The Ghost'
- The Dreaded: Luvia, after learning her full name.
- He eventually becomes one himself.
- The Nick Namer: Gives a nickname to everyone who he considers a friend... which is usually everyone who he's spoken to for more than two sentences. Usually.
- Third-Person Person
- Undying Loyalty: To the entire Clan, particularly Shirou.
- Unfazed Everyman: Dropped in a parallel universe? Drafted into the army? Stuck on the front lines of a grueling war? Nope, nothing to worry about here.
- Berserk Button: There is no Medusa except Rider-kaasan. All others are fakes. Demonstrated in a non-canon story where she faces off against the Medusa from the Percy Jackson series.
- Does Not Know Her Own Strength: Subverted. As a half-Gorgon monster she is fully aware that she is one of the physically strongest members of the Clan and controls herself appropriately.
- The Glasses Gotta Go: Sure she's prettier without 'em, but... no, they must stay on.
- Lightning Bruiser: She's also one of the fastest on her signature rollerblades, though perhaps not quite as manueverable as the more naturally speedy fighters.
- Nietzsche Wannabe: What happens to her when she is force fed her own personality shifting potion.
- The Prankster: Known as "Gil's Bane" for this.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Her Greek mother named her Rhianna, but none of her siblings could pronounce it, so they settled for "Rhi-ko".
- Rapunzel Hair
- Rollerblade Good: Her signature weapons, influenced greatly by Air Gear
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Not as bad as Karin's though.
- BrotherSister Incest: With Fuuko via his girlfriend, though he's not as... enthusiastic about it as she is.
- Violence Really Is the Answer: Explosions Really Are The Answer: Everything can be solved with the proper application of magically destructive force...
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Kaien
- One True Threesome: Fuuko forced herself on his girlfriend, who is still with him, but now his sister won't leave.
- Stuff Blowing Up: He did inherit his mother's abilities after all.
- Super Power Lottery: He got taught the Blue. He won.
- Blade on a Stick
- Counter-Attack: With Fragaratch.
- Cute Bruiser
- Cute Clumsy Girl
- Dreadful Musician: In truth she has a nice singing voice. Problem is, if singing in front of just merely two people, her voice gets scratchy quickly.
- Expy: Her Christmas Party outfit, of Braveheart.
- Fangirl: To anything remotely heroic.
- Fighting Irish
- Idol Singer: Karin tricks her into becoming one.
During her early teenage years, when she was receiving her Crest, she triggered a Reaction and winged her sister Karin. However, she's also met and developed a bit of interest in a certain international mercenary group.
- Abnormal Ammo: She's applied her mother's jewelcrafting into her own Mystic Code, creating specialized bullets she can empower so they posses magical properties or secondary spell effects. Mostly used with her sniper rifles or single-shot pistols since they're almost as expensive to make as real jewels.
- Bag of Holding
- BFG: She has several.
- Berserk Button: Try to molest her. See what happens.
- Alternatively, try suggesting either Sousuke getting a harem or her getting into a relationship with her sister and see what happens.
- Butt-Monkey: Gets this thrust upon her whenever she goes out on a job with Riko and Yasu. Seeing how she rides shotgun with Yasu this is bound to happen.
- Friendly Sniper
- Glass Cannon
- Godzilla Threshold: This is put into place if she ever get her hands on a mecha.
- Gun Accessories
- The Gunslinger
- Hyperspace Arsenal
- I Am Not Left-Handed: She favors guns and mundane explosives so much it's very easy to forget she's a very strong magus in her own right.
- More Dakka
- Small Girl, Big Gun
- Tsundere: Mostly towards Karin.
- Wall of Weapons: Her closet, with only one cabinet for clothing.
- Zettai Ryouiki: She's Rin Tohsaka's daughter. She is not allowed to dress in any other way. Although she does prefer shorts to skirts.
During a visit to the Nerima-ward in Tokyo, she winged herself on Ranma Saotome. Although she's unable to compete physically with the rest of the Nerima Wrecking Crew, her control over snow/meltwater has allowed her to hold her own against her major detractors.
- Arranged Marriage: Genma and his habit of bartering his son for food struck again. In this case, after he and Soun sealed the master, Genma wanted something cool. He stumbled upon Akitsu, who was vacationing with the Clan, and basically gave his future son's hand in marriage for a frozen treat.
- Deflector Shields: Her primary defense is to throw up a wall of snow at anything that approaches her... then dive out of the way as it breaks through.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: She's perfectly okay if Ranma chooses one of his fiancées over her... but she'd still like to be part of his harem as a secondary wife.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Is not bothered by Ranma's curse.
- Mundane Utility: Give her the proper ingredients and she can whip up a bowl of ice cream worth dying for.
- A Snow Person
- Snowball Fight: Well... yes
- Spock Speak
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality
- Trap Master: Her offensive strategy consists in covering the battlefield with snow, forcing opponents to either avoid those areas and give her control of the field, or risk turning into People Puppets.
- Weak, but Skilled: Her abilities with snow are noted to be significantly less damaging than Akitsu's ice.
- People Puppets: However, her control over it is so great that if a target has a significant portion of their body covered in snow, she can treat them as a giant snowball and manipulate them freely.
During her early teenage years she Reacted to and winged herself on Keiko. She doesn't mind at all.
- Anything That Moves
- Gadgeteer Genius
- Incest Is Relative
- Lovable Sex Maniac: PG-13 version...so far.
- Not for lack of trying, though...
- Playful Hacker
- The Nick Namer: Similar to her mother, she uses a diminutive form of address when talking about her family (-tan instead of -chan). With complete strangers... they are now Nameless Extras in her life.
- Photographic Memory
- The Prankster: Bad enough on her own, but whenever she tag teams with Riko...
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Usually accompanied by a spot of perverted laughter
- Skewed Priorities
- The Smart Girl
- Awkward Mother Daughter Bonding Activity: Sakura teaches Sakuya and Erika how to work her S&M machines. With Tsukumi as the unwilling victim.
- Berserk Button: She is normally a calm and rational person. However, start messing with people she likes and she will make your life a living Hell without even touching you.
- Her second button are people who fight for "mundane" or "boring" reasons like self gratification or profit. Added to this are people who endlessly preach their ideals but aren't willing to follow them to Hell and back.
- Black Magic: Main modicum of battle. Not evil magic per se, but it definitely up there.
- Casting a Shadow
- The Chessmaster: With her origin — "Fable" — she can be a master of manipulation.
- Combat Pragmatist: She assumes that everyone she meets will be stronger than her in some way. She then looks too blindside, weaken, or trick her opponents in any way possible.
- Mundane Solution: Often how she wins her fights. A lot of people are so caught up in their massive power that they fail to catch the obvious defects in it. She takes advantage of this in any way possible.
- Combat Tentacles
- Covert Pervert
- Dark Is Not Evil: Seriously, I'm awesome.
- Energy Ball: She has one that acts like a Pinball Projectile that she controls as a puppet. It's coated in a Mana Drain spell for extra pain.
- Eternal Love: With Riven.
- Glass Cannon: She's a Squishy Wizard, no two ways about it. She relies on traps, mentalism, and mobility to keep out of harm's way, and later, Riven acts as a shield and a distraction so that she can deal with enemies from afar.
- Gollum Made Me Do It
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Her and Erika. Erika's happy moods get along with Yang, while her not so happy moods find common ground with Yin.
- Hidden Eyes: On occasion when she swaps personalities
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: While Erika sometimes treats her like the minion (and she often lets her do it), she is what keeps her cousin firmly grounded in reality and out of trouble. Usually.
- Lady of Black Magic
- Living Forever Is Awesome: She never gets tired of watching mankind grow, even centuries and millennia into the future.
- Living Shadow: She can split off her shadows to create semi-autonomous minions to do battle for her. However, after realizing that it takes too much mental power to control them compared to just relying on Erika, she instead opts for a different model based on her Combat Tentacles and Energy Balls.
- Mana Drain: Her signature ability.
- Meaningful Name: Her two personalities are called Yin and Yang.
- Morality Chain: Partially to Erika. While no saint herself, she does reign in her cousin a lot.
- Movie Superheroes Wear Black: Her typical ensemble eventually consists of black slacks, a black cardigan, a small black shoulder cape, black boots, black gloves, a black beret, and a red tie. Color scheme much?
- Perpetual Smiler: Very calming as Yang. Very frightening as Yin
- People Puppets: She can inject her shadows into a person either to inflict massive amounts of pain, or to bring them under her control for a short duration. The drawback is she very nearly kills herself doing it.
- Which is still okay, because she also has a Healing Factor
- Personality Swap: Yang and Yin's persona are reversed when they're drunk
- Power Trio: With Riven's inhuman strength, speed, and weapon proficiency, Erika's overt magical prowess, and her more subtle but just as dangerous prana manipulation abilities, they're one of the deadliest combinations in the clan.
- The Stoic: She earnestly strives to reach this to avoid flipping out.
- Split-Personality Takeover
- Subtext: With Erika. They of course know that it's just a partnership, but a lot of other people who don't know them well enough think they're going to collapse into hot hatesex any minute now.
- Superpowered Evil Side: "my alter ego is an annoying bitch sometimes"
- The Reliable One: To Erika's scatterbrain.
- Torture Technician: When her and Erika get their hands on the S&M gear.
- Walking the Earth: Long into the future.
- Weak, but Skilled: Aside from pummeling things with her Combat Tentacles or Energy Ball, she doesn't have a lot of upfront offensive power. What she does have is a terrifying mind, a very specialized skillset, and little moral inhibition.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Yin. Yang is more into Yuri.
UlfThe son of Medea of Colchis (Caster), also able to use Divine Words. He doesn't quite act like either of his parents, though he seems to have a sharp mind like both his parents, but takes more to staying in his room either reading or writing in various languages. His room basically counts as the clan library - thought mainly of the historical, language, and metaphysical knowledge.
- Always Save the Girl: Grows into this as time progresses.
- Animal Motif: Coyotes, Foxes, Jackals, Wolves, and other assorted wild canines. Not dogs - not a Berserk Button, but close to one for "Casko".
- Battle Couple: with Fate/EXTRA!Caster/Mae-chan.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Ulf and Mae to a T, though Mae has shades of wisdom when she gets serious.
- Badass Bookworm: Practically owns the clan library. Or has it in his room.
- Chivalrous Pervert
- Cunning Linguist: Possibly knows the most languages in the whole Clan.
- Japanese, English, and Ancient Greek are his primary languages.
- Foreign Cuss Words: Breaks into these when angry or upset.
- Curtains Match the Window: He has bronze hair and eyes.
- Expy: Device ECHO is one of Thoth and has a speech pattern after HK-47.
- Non-Human Sidekick: ECHO.
- The Un-Favourite: Thinks he is.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Barring the prologue and interludes, most of the his main story is in first person, where readers get a first hand account of just how often his thought process is derailed. Sometimes, it even reaches Cloud Cuckoo Lander level.
- Awesomenessby Analysis: He's never actually 'fought' before, only sparred with his siblings, and still very rarely. That doesn't stop him from learning enough to take on a chiropteran with a near perfect plan that he concocted in a few seconds by watching his siblings fight off Kiri's cooking. The only reason he lost was because of a distraction.
- Badass Bookworm: Can go through advanced physics calculations in a matter of seconds. Usually reserved only for when he needs to throw something.
- Runes of Authority: Has one on all of his shirts
- Improvised Weapon / Improbable Weapon User: In series, humans need guns just to run away from chiroptrans. Give him some props from a biology lab and a second to make up a plan and he'll be ready to behead one.
- Combat Pragmatist
- Good Is Not Nice: He was willing to use knowledge of David's Disappeared Dad in order to get the information he wanted.
- Knife Nut: His best offensive mystic code takes the form of a kodachi.
- Knight Templar Parent: Lorelei is just a taaaaaad strict with him.
- The Perfectionist
- Photographic Memory: He can remember and quote verbatim the entire Sherlock Holmes series from memory.
- Sherlock Scan:
- Trap Master: Do not open his fridge.
- Artificial Limbs: He makes and sells them
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Hates to get stressed or to rush his work, but once he is focused even the Adults can't keep up with him.
- Dual Wielding: How he uses his tools
- Fiery Redhead: Averted, he is one of the more level headed Clan-kids.
- Gadgeteer Genius: His Specitaly are dolls with weapon-grade "Surprises"
- Genre Savvy: He knows better than to push the big red button and sees the punchline or punch coming.
- Honorary Uncle: He is always nice to Nanny Gilgamesh, who in turn is protective of Souhiro
- Mad Scientist Laboratory: Has several, hidden where his family can't find them
- Mega-Corp: Is in the process of building up his own, while keeping it a secret from the rest of the family
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Is aware how others see him and takes advantage of it
- Omnidisciplinary Scientist: is well on his way becoming one.
- Only Sane Man: In the Aozaki-Clan.
- He Cleans up Nicely: Male Example, his normal outfit looks like he slept in it, but a tux and some hair-styling bring out the Emiya-Gland.
- Trench Coat Warfare: His Labcoat holds all tools Souhiro considers vital and spares
- Weirdness Magnet: Part of being a male Emiya.
Boredom may be the bane of most people, but for Shinta, it led him to find his future. Tagging along with Rin and Chiho to Uminari University Hospital (the adults were looking into an unusual medical case) meant that Shinta got the opportunity to raid a whole new library. However, part way through the afternoon he was distracted from his reading by nearby magical emanations, and wandered off. That is how he stumbled upon Yunno Scrya's attempt to deal with a Jewel Seed monster. Shinta tried to help the Adventurer Archaeologist, but it was only with the arrival of Nanoha Takamachi was the Jewel Seed sealed. Now Shinta is working with Nanoha and Yunno to deal with the Jewel Seeds, along with the more magically-inclined of his family, and later Fate and the TSAB.
As interactions of the Emiya Clan and Takamachi family grow, Shinta himself has taken to learning Mid-Childan magic from Yuuno as well as learn the sword styles of Nanoha's two elder siblings.
- Allergic to Routine (partially subverted): Shinta loves to read, but simply cannot STAND reading the same thing twice. Hence, he is forever searching for new reading material... and considering that his memory retention rate is obscene, well... mental encyclopedia is a rather rapt description.
- Badass Bookworm: see above. Shares this trope with Yuuno after the two boys spend a summer training under Negi Springfield and Ku Fei.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Don't mess with Fate. Don't diss Nanoha. Don't rag on Yuuno. You won't like the results.
- Dual Wielding: currently in training with wooden practice swords. Later, he'll pull this with LaserBlades!
- Flash Step, a.k.a. "Shukuchi".
- Good Is Not Dumb: again, see Routine and Bookworm tropes above.
- Has Two Mommies: Musubi and Yume
- Human Pack Mule: He IS Musubi's boy... And Arisa Bannings loves to see him suffer under loads of shopping bags via her, Suzuka, and Nanoha's latest shopping spree. Fate, less so. Hayate would much rather play dress-up...
- Idiot Hair: Doesn't appear to be more than a genetic inheritance of his mother... But no one KNEW that until he managed to prank the whole family with a day as an ahoge-pulled fake!evil version of himself. Though Kumako, unlike everyone else, had an absolute BLAST playing Hero to her brother's Villain. The rest of the family completely freaked, however, at least until Sakuya picked out the discrepancies in Shinta's evil!act and gently called him on it. Afterward, in spite of a whole WEEK worth of dish-duty (in a family this big, dish-duty is a nightmare of a punishment)... "So. Totally. Worth it."
- Light 'em Up and Hard Light. And Laser Blade. Oh yeah, and Storm of Blades too.
- Must Make Her Laugh with regards to Fate Testarossa
- Red Oni to Chrono Harlaown's Blue Oni
- Weak, but Skilled in terms of magical ability, especially compared to Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate. Since Word of God says that Nanoha's AA-rank linker core is in league with Rin's 40 magic circuits, Shinta having only seven tells you something about his ingenuity as a magical combatant. The quote above is how he comes by this high degree of skill: through a great deal of painful experimentation.
After growing up:
- All a Part of the Job
- Blade Spam, having earning mastery of Fuwa-Mikami Nitou Ryuu
- Blood Knight along with Nanoha and Signum
- Battle Couple with Nanoha. Also with Fate. And Hayate. And Signum.
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Energy Bow
- Heterosexual Life-Partners with Yuuno, though Karin and Hayate take much delight in tossing around innuendo about the two being as much a Battle Couple as those listed above... with everything that implies... much to the boys' dismay, and the rest of the family's hilarity.
- I Got Bigger: at age 19, stands 188 cm tall (6'2"), and weighs in at 84 kg; described as broad-shouldered and muscular.
- As of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Strikers, The Big Guy to Nanoha's Hero, Fate's Lancer, Yuuno's Smarts, Hayate's Leadership, and Chrono's Captain-Commander. Under them is Riot Force 6, which includes Teana Lanster and Subaru Nakajima.
- The McCoy to Chrono's Spock and Yuuno's Kirk
- Work Hard, Play Hard
- The Big Guy: In Class G.
- I Got Bigger: Of all of his siblings, he's offically the tallest, at 190 cm by age 20.
- I Am Not My Brother: Something he has to clarify for the people at Landseal, seeing how famous Touma is by that time.
- Improvised Weapon
- Making a Splash
- My Master, Right or Wrong: Heavily implied to become this to his Ashikabi.
- Proud Elite: Shows signs of this. Given that he's a Tsundere, it should tell you just which kind he is.
- Weak, but Skilled
- Blood Knight: Two words: "More rocks!"
- Children Are Innocent: She believed in Santa Claus and Frosty the Snowman nearly into her teens.
- Comically Missing the Point: During a Training from Hell montage, the Clan tried to improve her dodging skills by throwing rocks at her. She took it as a game to knock them all out of the air.
- Cute Bruiser
- The Ditz
- Idiot Hair
- Meaningful Name: Her name means "Bear Cub" (or, to be more exact, "Bear Child"). Befitting, given her mom's Animal Motif.
- Super Strength
Her Sekirei ability is inherited from her mother, and when revealed finally put an end to Karasuba's trolling on the same. It's "Time/Space", and consequently, the Kaleidosticks have difficulties messing with her. In reverse, Reiko can make the Kaleidosticks VERY uncomfortable with just a slight twist of her ability. When Ruby or Sapphire make one of their regular breaks from containment, it's Reiko who gets called on the job...
As a teenager (17), she and Touma get drunk enough to pass out... and wake up as prisoners on opposite sides of a world war; Reiko by the East Europan Empire, and Touma by their enemies.
- Beware the Quiet Ones
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: What happened one time when someone made the mistake of taking the last pudding before Reiko...
- Big Eater: She becomes one later in life.
- Break the Cutie: First, she gets scrapped. Then, she has to endure the memories of her alternate self being tortured. Then, she gets captured and experimented on until she is basically a human weapon. Finally, she is set loose to fight the Gallian Army, which includes her brother Touma. Ouch.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: What happens to her under Clementia Forster's care.
- Creepy Doll
- Deadpan Snarker: Becomes this as she goes into late adolescence.
- Growing Up Sucks: Her rite of passage takes place during the Gallian War. It was going to be a doozy no matter what.
- Katanas Are Just Better
- My God, What Have I Done?: Despite how brash she acted, she was not prepared for just how it would feel to kill people.
- Snark Knight: Develops into this during the course of the war.
- Stockholm Syndrome: She develops this with Selvaria and Johann.
- The Quiet One: In her childhood.
- The Unintelligible: In her childhood.
- Time Master
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pudding.
Eiko: Future-AU!Reiko who self-winged in an effort to protect herself, at the moment in the Origins timeline where everything went to shit. It didn't help.
She mastered the Second Magic after centuries of practice. After traveling back to the present day, she took on the moniker "Eiko" to avoid confusion with her younger self.
- A Wizard Did It: She's a master of the Second Magic... and her powers tend to go out of control when she sneezes.
- Evil Minions: To Zelretch and Illya when on troll crusades across the multiverse.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Really 700 Years Old or no, she will always treasure that fox plushie Shirou gave her.
- Hostage Situation: Get your hands on Red-tan and she will do anything...
- No One Respects the Spanish Inquisition: Sure, people are afraid of her time powers, but next to Zel and Illya? Nobody cares about her.
- Time Master
- Badass in a Nice Suit
- Black Sheep: Considers himself to be one to the rest of the Clan.
- Blue Blood: The twins are heirs to the powerful Edelfelt mage family, and are proud of their heritage.
- Church Militant: Sort of, while not a member of the Church itself, his most regular client is a Cardinal
- Consummate Professional
- Fiction 500: He -is- an Edelfelt.
- Knight In Sour Armor: He'll do the right thing, but not without complaining about it somehow.
- Magic Knight: Although he uses mundane weapons alot, he is still a very powerful magus of the Edelfelt bloodline, and is very talented at wind and fire magecraft.
- Private Military Contractors: Grows up to be one.
- Sword and Gun: Sword is his Mystic Code, uses guns for his cover.
- Drill Hair: Copy's her mother's style.
- Doing Research: Her Greatest Strength.
- Fiction 500: Like her mother and brother, she is and Edelfelt.
- Fingerless Gloves: Her Mystic Code.
- Honest Corporate Executive: Wants to be one in MBI.
- Lady and Knight: Is this with her Servant, Rider Saint George.
- Lady of Black Magic: In order to make up for the fact that she goes down if you breathe on her, she has alot of powerful spells at her disposal.
- Magical Society: Wishes to occupy a high rank within the Clocktower.
- The Ojou
- Spell Book: Has quite a few.
- Squishy Wizard: Probably the best example in the Clan.
- Tsundere: To everyone not either an Emiya or an Edelfelt or Rider.
- Body Horror: Happens if she uses her powers too much. For the record what happens to her was inspired by Franken Fran.
- Deal with the Devil: Kiri brokers one with her in exchange for something involving his soul.
- Divine Parentage
- Green Thumb: Ichigo's powers are ((Generation Xerox) very similar to her mother's), though she had trouble conciously controlling them.
- When Trees Attack: At one point in the distant past, someone (*cough*Zeltrech*cough*) thought it would be a good idea to bring some samples of Ent seeds back for Ichigo. She has since had years to experiment on different variants. If she sics one on you, your best hope of survival is to run away very fast.
- Good Is Not Soft
- Messianic Archetype: Her duty, as given to her by Gaia(which she accepted), was to do everything within her power to ensure that humanity does not create the Land of Steel again. Given the time frame that she has to work with, she has so far preferred the gradual change method, slowly expanding her influence within the world. If it starts getting too close to the tipping point, though, she may have to arrange something.....distasteful. She won't like it, she will regret having to do it, but make no mistake. She will do it.
- Being Good Sucks
- Demon Head: Retains the Ashura from his Sekirei Plan days
- Papa Wolf
- Supreme Chef
- Seen It All: It kinda helps that with 29 children of differing personalities causing all sorts of destruction, chaos and in Karin's case, acts of dubauchery
- Covert Pervert
- Demon Head: Still has her Hannya Mask
- Honor Before Reason: She would kill her son and herself to save the honor of her husband.
Arturia Pendragon (Saber)
- Badass Biker: With her old motorcycle
- Depraved Bisexual: If she is either in her Alter mode or pregnant and Shirou isnt around, well Rin could always work as a sub.
- Idiot Hair
- Improbable Aiming Skills: She is very good at golf.
- Instant Sedation: Her tranq gun.
- Side-Effects Include...: Her medical experiments can cure cancer! And really screw with your personality!
- Mad Doctor: Her only job is to make sure you're Ok afterwards. Whatever happens in between is your problem.
- The Medic
- Making a Splash
- Mama Bear
- Neat Freak: Doesnt let her children go around dirty, even if it means washing them for an hour straight.
- Mega Nekko
- Hidden Depths: During a visit from the Host Club, she breaks out into tears seeing Hunny reminding her of the differences between her immortal sisters and her.
- Open-Minded Parent: She isnt exactly concerned by her daughter's antics.
- Berserk Button: When Luvia puts her hair into ringlets while she is asleep, the results are...disastrous.
- Foe Yay: After everybody goes insane, she and Luvia have sex
- Tsundere:Shirou's FIRST and occasionally uses that as an oblique dig at Tsukiumi and Luvia. Shirou teases her about it when he catches her in the act.
- Zettai Ryouiki
- Covert Pervert
- Noodle Implements: Whatever it is that she uses for S&M is left up to the imagination.
- Supreme Chef
- Artificial Human: As a dollmaker, she's created a number of artificial backup copies of herself. She probably was one of those backup copies before Kara no Kyoukai began.
- Drives Like Crazy: She never went to driving school, but still has a cool car.
- Eldritch Abomination: The thing in the suitcase.
- Mad Scientist: She still is.
- Occult Detective
- The Masquerade: She is allegedly an architectural draftsman and toy designer.
- Renaissance Man: She is, in name or in fact, an architectural draftsman, toy designer, bunraku puppet theatre techie, magus, detective, and speech therapist.
- Tranquil Fury
#88 Musubi/#08 Yume
- Blood Knight
- Covert Pervert: She has some interesting ideas on what she wants to do to Shirou sometimes
- The Dreaded: Anything related to S&M
- Big Eater: Like her daughter, only she likes to gorge herself while sitting on Shirou's lap.
- Blood Knight
- Lovely Angels: With Aoko
Bazett Fraga McRemitz
- Expy: Her Christmas outfit, of Braveheart
- Never Gets Drunk: She drinks a lot of alcohol that never seems to affect her.
Alaya-koAlaya-ko is the personification of the Will of Humanity, who found out that even divine spirits aren't immune to Shirou.Though she's the "mother" of Shinra, nobody is quite sure the mechanics of what happened, and Shinra seems to act as a half-human, half-conduit for her divine mother.
- Bad Boss: Just ask the Counter Guardians.
- Physical God
- The Power of Love: Lets her screw Gaia over to visit Shirou on occasion
- Tsundere: "I'll have you take responsibility!"
- Green Thumb
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Waiting for so many years just made her want it more.
- Man-Eating Plant: Has a whole garden of them
Medea of Colchis (Caster)
- Nosebleed: They cause enough force to knock her from her chair.
- Pervert Dad: Genderflipped version and is A HUGE one.
- Too Kinky to Torture: During the game show she and Sion get the extra challenge of having S&M implements used on them. Sion has trouble answering because it causes so much pain. Caster has trouble answering because she gets too much pleasure out of it.
- Yaoi Fangirl: When it was suggested that her husband and Shiki Tohno were sleeping together, her only response is "Let me join in."
Jack the Ripper (Assassin)Mother of Touma, from an Alternate Universe where though a set of chance events, Shirou summons her instead of Saber. The Clan never meets her.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Particularly when Alt!Rin is around.
- Go Out with a Smile: Does this when her Shirou finds her near death and tells her he'll take care of everything and that she did her best. Actually Shakespeare!Caster using his NP to take on Shirou's form.
- Killed Off for Real
- Yandere: Oh so much so. She eventually mellows out... sort of.
GilgameshThe "Nanny" of the EC.
- Almighty Janitor
- Berserk Button: Attacking and hurting any of the kids in front of him will result in an EA to the face.
- Hyperspace Arsenal
- Jerk With A Heartof Gold: Due to spending time with the kids, he has mellowed out considerably
- Mistress and Servant Boy: With Caren
- The Movie Buff: Very. Star Wars and The Lord of the Rings are Serious Business.
- Papa Wolf
- Secret Relationship: For the longest time.
- Supreme Chef
Caren OrtensiaGil's Girlfriend.
- Mistress and Servant Boy: With Gil
- Older Than They Look: She is about Shirou's age, but keeps alot of her old look even so.
- Secret Relationship: Until The Reveal
Primate MurderAKA "Primmy"...
- Big Eater: She somehow manages to eat her father's cooking creations.
- Going Commando: She doesnt like underwear
- Half-Human Hybrid
- Mistaken for Badass: She enjoys mimicking the Ree which sends everyone into panic mode.
- Super Strength: She is the daughter of Echinda
- Voluntary Shapeshifting
- Badass Driver: That's her job with Kiri.
- Bedmate Reveal: When she and Kiri end up in Vegas she gets drunk. The next morning they're both naked in bed. They both deny (including to themselves) that anything happened, but you never know.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Shades of this with Kiri.
- Hidden Depths: At her first encounter with 'The Ghost' she actually calls Kiritsugu by name and wonders what on Earth they've done to Touma.
- Platonic Life-Partners: With Kiri...we think. Could be more, could be less.
- Shotguns Are Just Better: Uses live ammo to great effect on most enemies. Uses stun rounds that still hurt like Hell on Kiri.
- The Rival: To Mana. About one step away from Arch-Enemy. She hasn't seriously injured or killed her yet, but not for lack of trying.
Miyu Sahashi (see Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA)Miyu is Shirou's biological sisternote , after Takami became pregnant sometime during the Sekirei Plan. She was born shortly before Takeshi but suffered an accident with the EC's version of Kaleidostick which sent her to the Prisma-Illya universe.
- Year Inside, Hour Outside: The PI!universe seems to run much slower than the EC!universe
MordredBK!Kiris child, travels back in time to meet his father. Works for Philemon, and is in a relationship with Margaret of Persona 4
- The Ageless: As a homunculus, he doesn't age, nor does his body decay. He can only be killed the old fashioned way. However, he sees this as neither a curse nor a blessing, just a tool for his service.
- Battle Butler: More inclined towards battle, but he does do some house tasks.
- Berserk Button: It shouldn't have to be said, but threatening or harming either of his charges will not end well.
- The Berserker
- Blind Musician: A very, very good pianist.
- Blind Weaponmaster: He's blind to everything but prana, but his borderline feral instinct and the aforementioned prana sense give him a lethal skillset with most weaponry.
- Blinded by the Light: Specifically, the The Power of the Sun. He can't see, so it doesn't impair his vision, but direct sunlight on his eyes hurts like a bitch.
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: The ambitions of his creators are all that matters. Everything else can and will be destroyed if it has to.
- Cursed with Awesome: He's blind, biologically unstable on both sides of his heritage, and has about as much emotional depth as a guard dog. However, with his Disability Superpower, Berserker status, and iron conviction, he makes up for these deficiencies.
- Dark Is Not Evil: His Super-Powered Evil Side isn't evil. It just has no inhibitions and little capacity for reason besides protecting his masters.
- Disability Superpower: Though unable to see in the normal respect, his prana sense is tied to his eyes, allowing him to see most forms of magic on a different level. this gives him an edge when fighting supernatural beings and magi.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Whenever his weapons fail him or he just doesn't want to go to the trouble, he falls back on his more basic impulses.
- Made of Iron: He describes himself as an "Immovable Bulwark" in defense of his creators, and certainly lives up to the name.
- Meaningful Name: His first name, "Riven," means "that which is cut from," and was chosen by Erika in respects to his origin as a homunculus. His last name ,"Zeruiah," was chosen by Sakuya to indicate the purpose he was meant to serve.
- Our Homunculi Are Different: An in-universe example. All previous homuncului were built off of human DNA. He was built off of Erika's who is half human-half sekirei. It doesn't work so well...
- Power Trio: Rounds off Sakuya and Erika by providing instinct and physical prowess.
- Protectorate: Both of his creators.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Subverted. By calling on his somewhat malformed Sekirei biology, he can enter a variation of a Berserker state for a while that makes him even stronger and faster than he already is. He doesn't actually lose his mind, but because of his Cursed with Awesome status, it comes with the downside of acting more like a animal than as a human while its up.
- The Stoic
- Super Speed: To a rather small extent. Because he's so strong, his running and jumping speed is bestial in comparison to a human or even other homunculus's. Combine that with his nearly feral agility, and he's an animal in all but name.
- Super Strength: His strength is obscene, even for a combat homunculus. It goes above and beyond when he enters his Berserker state.
- Undying Loyalty: To both of his creators.
- Unskilled, but Strong: He's not very creative with the way he fights, and his attacks are more akin to a wild animal than a human. However, being so strong and fast means he can capitalize on this.
- Weakened by the Light: Not due to any kind of inherent evilness, but instead overlapping with The Power of the Sun doing him in via his eyes. He wears opaque sunglasses or a blindfold to counteract this.
- Weapon of Choice: Three of them actually. Coupled with Theme Naming and Named Weapons.
Yukari SahashiShirou's sister
- Big "NO!": Futility screams this out when she learns that Alter!Illya married Shirou in her timeline.
- Cannot Keep a Secret: Screams out her and Shiina's sex life in front of her brother.
- Captain Obvious: Sometimes does this.
- Drives Like Crazy: First crashes the van into the side of the house. Then into the top floor of the Iranian presidential palace.
- Groin Attack: Favorite attack. Does it to the president of Iran.
Shiina SahashiYukari's husband/sekirei
- Black Magic: His power is decay, so sorta.
- Good Parents: He is very good at parenting. It's just that Yukari isn't so much.
- House Husband: He takes care of the kids. Much to the relief of some.
- Action Girl
- Badass Biker: She isnt part of a gang, but she still walks around in her biker regalia and rides her beloved machine anywhere she can.
- Batter Up!: Her weapon of choice is a reinforced titanium baseball bat. She also bats a near .9
- Berserk Button: Do not cut her hair.
- Blood Knight: Picking fights for whatever reasons are available, and making up some when there aren't any. This is actually a way she is using to find her Ashikabi.
- Combat Pragmatist: She doesn't believe she breaks any rules when she fights, because she doesn't observe any rules to begin with.
- Cool Bike: Hers is. Justified as she gets Souhiro to upgrade it every few months. It can go nearly anywhere.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Whenever there is nothing to run down or bludgeon her opponent with.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: Covered head to toe in black cowhide.
- Hidden Depths: She really idolizes her Ashikabi...or at least her planned one. So much that she becomes embarrassed or gushy if she starts thinking about whoever it could be.
- Love Before First Sight: She doesnt know who her Ashikabi will be, but she is crazy about them anyways.
- Men Use Violence, Women Use Communication: Inverted. She beats the crap out of things first. Her brother would rather negotiate.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: How she fights off her bike.
- Squee!: Whenever thinking about HER ASHIKABI!!!
- Super Speed: What her power allows her to do when driving any vehicle.
- Super Strength: Not as strong as those who have it as their main attribute, but she can still chuck a refrigerator at your head.
- Violence Really Is the Answer: To her it is.
- Abduction Is Love: Mana Ryougi kidnaps him during Christmas to show of to her mother as her new boyfriend. He decides that she is actually kind of cute and sticks with her.
- Aggressive Negotiations: He may be polite and professional, but he is efficient too. If push comes to shove, he'll break out the hurt.
- Gunboat Diplomacy: Another specialty of his.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: His formal getup is very well kept and professionally tailored, and he even keeps it clean when he fights.
- Benevolent Boss: His Charisma is good enough to get lifelong enemies to work together under him. It crosses into servant range.
- Berserk Button: Anyone who tries to enter society through the back door. You want something in life, you earn it. You can negotiate, innovate, or kill your way to the top, but anyone who tries to scam their way up gets taken down instantly.
- Black Magic: Inherited his father's power over decay.
- Bling-Bling-BANG!: Has a gold plated Desert Eagle down his jacket pocket.
- Chick Magnet: He is courteous to everyone, for which the ladies get all over him despite his wishes. This often leads to him having to stop Mana from going on rampage.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Whenever he starts attracting girls, those who bat for the other team inevitably follow.
- Expy: His appearance is similar to Lelouch Lamprouge only with less focus on bishonen and more muscle.
- Friend to All Children: Kids love him for his patience and willingness to play with them.
- Honest Corporate Executive: What he wants to be. Usually works out unless he has to deal with the Yakuza.
- Men Use Violence, Women Use Communication: Inverted. Yasu beats the crap out of things first. He would rather negotiate.
- Noble Demon: Even when preforming unsavory activities in the name of the company, he will be polite and respectful, always upholding his end of the bargain.
- Only Sane Man: Between his siblings, yes.
- Red Baron: Got nicknamed 'The Grave' after an incident with some triad enforcers. Part of what gets him his girlfriend.
- Later, his work as the hatchet man for all the mob dealings of the company earns him the name MBI's Undertaker.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Does this with his oft worn sunglasses.
- Understanding Boyfriend: His girlfriend may be an overly rebellious, slightly amoral, and psycho assassin, but he loves her anyways.
- Yakuza: What people think he is (because of the way he dresses). He actually has no connection to or desire to deal with them. He does however recognize that he'll probably have to work with or against them anyways, given who his girlfriend is.
- You Are Worth Hell: He loves Mana for everything she is. Despite his own moral standards and religion, he is willing to drag himself through the dredges of society to keep her safe.
Erika SahashiYukari and Shiina's youngest child. Attended Hakoniwa Academy as a teenager and was blackmailed onto the student council, much to her own chagrin. Eventually becomes a magus of the Clocktower along with her cousin Sakuya.
- Absurdly Powerful Student Council: When she was at Hakoniwa Academy, she was forced to become Kurokami Medaka's Vice President. She hated almost every moment of it.
- Always Someone Better: Medaka to her, in flashbacks. Despite untold effort studying and assassination attempts, she still graduated only as Salutatorian.
- Art Major Biology: Somewhat subverted in her case. She spends copious amounts of time trying to get the exact details of whatever animal she is inventing straightened out. That doesn't stop a lot of them from being physically impossible, even if they are well made.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: She eventually becomes the founder and director of The Foundation, an virulent pro-Earth/pro-human organization.
- Bad Boss: To her high school student body, and occasionally to Riven.
- The Beast Master: Her shadows take the form of all manner of creatures, real, mythical, or otherwise.
- Berserk Button: Needless cruelty to animals and disrespecting true art are the big ones, no matter her mood. Expect an army of shadowy raptors if you try.
- Cane Fu
- Casting a Shadow: Her power comes in the form of making shadow creatures. What kind depends on how she feels.
- Creepy Child: Whenever she wants to have fun, she just scares the crap out of her family with her creations.
- Dark Is Not Evil: She isnt evil, just a little unbalanced.
- Depending on the Artist: Her art style changes depending on her mood.
- Drama Queen: She is overly dramatic with her violently shifting mood. Subverted in that it is actually her reacting.
- Evil Overlord: Acts like this a lot, especially when she was younger. Hairbrained schemes, maniacal laugh, melodramatics, a thing for the creepy and overly complicated, heck, she had it all.
- For Science!: What quite a bit of her motivation, and excuse, for her actions is.
- Growing Up Sucks: For all intents and purposes, she entered adulthood when the homunculus she created went on rampage, abducted her, and then scrapped her. The experience was traumatic to say the least, but it did force her to mature to deal with the consequences.
- Handicapped Badass: She was partially crippled during Riven's awakening and is forced to walk with a cane for the rest of her life. However, she soon finds ways to make up for this deficiency.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Her and Sakuya. Her light sides find common ground with Yang, while her not so light sides get along well with Yin.
- Lady of Black Magic
- Large Ham: She got most of her grandfather's dramatics.
- Power Trio: With Sakuya and Riven. She takes the role of heavy magical artillery and defense in contrast to Riven's physical power and Sakuya's subterfuge.
- Staff of Authority: She gets a kind of cane-scepter thing as a graduation present. It's often used to extenuate her dramatics as she twirls it like a baton all over the place.
- It's also a sword cane. That she's trained to use.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: This to Sakuya's The Reliable One. She is the one who got her out of the shadows of her siblings and into her own via whacky adventures.
- Mood-Swinger: Alternates between her moods almost instantaneously. Her mood also controls her powers.
- Until she gets scrapped...
- Movie Superheroes Wear Black: Everything save for the Midnight Blue feathers on her overcoat are black. Her hair, the flower in her hair, her boots, gloves, clothes, etc...
- Not Good with People: She has problems making normal friends because of her mood problems, so she sticks with animals and Sakuya.
- The Rival: To Leo Haraway
- Sword Cane
- Torture Technician: When she and Sakuya get their hands on the S&M devices.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: She finds no joy in her new form, but she doesn't find any pain in it either. She just keeps searching for her dream.
Hayate Yagami, Reinforce Eins, and the Wolkenritter
Crossover: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's
- Happily Adopted by Yukari Sahashi. The snowball effect between these two personalities is inevitable, so the "happily" part is likely only to apply to the new parent and child... Most everyone else in the family will need to roll Mental Fortitude or run screaming for the hills.
- Actually not that much of a problem seeing how:
- Not for the Sahashi's, maybe. For the Emiya's who aren't Cosplay/Grope happy themselves? Whole different story.
Shiki RyougiFrom Kara no Kyoukai. A friend of the Emiyas.
- In Love with Your Carnage: Mana was conceived when she and Mikiya did after killing over thirty people in an abandoned warehouse. Heck, they did it on a bloodstained bed amidst the corpses.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Justified as she can cut through anything.
- Team Mom: Tries to be, but thanks to Mana it doesnt go over very well.
- Violence Really Is the Answer: Daughter gets in trouble at school? Doesnt listen to you? Cant get a boyfriend? Then lets go to Somalia and kill all the pirates we can find!
- Yakuza: She controls the entire Japanese underground.
Mikiya KokutouFrom Kara no Kyoukai. Shiki Ryougi's husband
- Benevolent Boss: To the three Phantoms that work for them.
- Big, Screwed-Up Family: His wife is slightly psycho, his daughter is rebellious and violent, and his sister is just perverted. He seems not to mind.
- Private Detective
- Scars Are Forever: Still has the scar he got from Lio, and then some.
- Unfazed Everyman: When the Christmas Party falls off a cliff, he just plays some poker in a barrier within the chaos.
- Abduction Is Love: She kidnaps Saito just to prove she can get a boyfriend to her mother. After the party they actually get together.
- Action Girlfriend
- Battle Couple: Her and Saito. At least, when she gets paid and he is finished trying to negotiate.
- Berserk Button: Touch her boyfriend, see what happens. Touch her apprentice, see what happens. Touch her family, see what effing happens.
- Cannot Keep a Secret: Talking about her nightlife is something she does without thinking, even in front of her parents or her boyfriend's parents.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She doesn't let anyone steal her boyfriend's time from her. Be them young children, flirtatious women, or a Hard Gay.
- Challenge Seeker
- Consummate Professional: When on a mission. She never, ever lets a job go undone.
- The Dreaded: Just the mention of her legend is enough to send amateurs running away in fear and put professionals on edge.
- Hidden Depths: She is actually extremely broken on the inside thanks to her lack of purpose and loyalty despite all the people she kills.
- Even Evil Has Standards: She never causes more havoc and suffering than is required for the mission.
- Knife Nut: Has dozens of them strapped beneath her jacket and to her belts.
- Le Parkour: Method of travel.
- Mafia Princess: Sorta, although she would prefer the princess part be left off.
- Rebellious Princess: More her style. She goes out of her way to antagonize her mother.
- Ninja: Like her apprentice, this is how she kills.
- Nietzsche Wannabe: Her Split Personality and Professional Killer job have made her nihilistic about many things. When she actually starts to feel happy, guilt over her prior actions sets in and leads to a mental breakdown.
- Red Baron: Known as "The Lady in Black" colloquially (even though most people are unaware who she actually is). I wonder why...
- One-Hit Kill: Almost every single time unless she wants something from the target before they die.
- Only in It for the Money: She really hates working for any other reason than getting paid.
- Professional Killer: Her line of work.
- Sink-or-Swim Mentor: The way she decides to train Touma.
- Spanner in the Works: To pretty much anyone who isn't her client. While she may not ever harm family members, she isn't about to ever fail to complete the mission, even if that means destroying her cousins' plans as both Kiri and Aleksi have learned.
- Split Personality: Has a male personality called MANA as per the family trait. She doesn't like being told what to do by anyone, so she mostly ignores him.
- Split-Personality Takeover: When she gets married, she begins getting closer to people. Unfortunately, she has already killed quite a few people and indirectly caused the deaths of thousands more by this time. This causes MANA to begin tormenting her through this guilt to the point where she has to leave her family in order to keep them safe from herself. Eventually, it nears the breaking point...
- The Rival: To Artemis. She loves teasing both her and Kiri about their supposed sexual relationship, which Kiri has learned to ignore. Artemis however, prefers to try to take revenge via shotgun, which never works.
- Token Evil Teammate: To an extent. She will work for nearly anyone that doesn't threaten her family or try to betray her. This includes dictators, crime lords, and the otherwise amoral.
- World Half Empty: The way she sees everything except for her training of Touma.
The three Phantoms, formerly of Inferno, now working for the Ryougi Clan Yakuza ever since Shiki and Mikiya saved them. They act as the syndicate's best assassins, but their real job is keeping Mana safe. Even after she leaves the house, they continue to watch over her, dealing ruthlessly with anything that threatens her or her family.
These three are "Get Backers LTD." If the Lovely Angels are too destructive for your needs, call this power-trio, er duo-plus-comedic-extra (Seo: "Hey!").
Unfortunately, their globe-trotting frequently leads into areas too dangerous for their children...
Iori and Sasori Kaoru
Born two months after Aya (3 AC), the physically-identical not-twin boys of Seo (Iori by Hikari, Sasori by Hibiki) were the absolute bane of every would-be babysitter in Shin Tokyo. Then they starting growing.
What Riko is to Gilgamesh and the Emiya mansion, Iori and Sasori are to Motoko Kusanagi and the rest of the city. It doesn't help that they idolize Zelretch's sense of humor.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Sasori, as compared to the Handsome Lech Iori.
- Comedy Duo: Frequently suggested as a probable future career.
- Finishing Each Other's Sentences
- I'm a Man; I Can't Help It: What these two keep pulling on the ladies. Sometimes it works, sometimes, not.
- Panty Thief: Iori.
- Perverted Sniffing: Iori again.
- Practical Joke: They've pulled every one on the list, and are looking to invent new entries... almost. Any jokes of the outright malicious variety are anathema to the twins. Some notable examples:
- Getting Kiritsugu into the city's public high school cafeteria kitchen.
- The resulting KTC incident culminated in Kiri, Iori, and Sasori hotwiring the principal's car for the getaway, Artemis hijacking Yasu's spare bike to chase them, Yasu pursuing on her own bike, and Motoko chasing the whole lot of them in a tank. Through downtown Shin Tokyo.
- Arranging to "lose" Erika while babysitting her... in an MBI bio-lab. (No, Shiina never made that mistake again.)
- Switching out Chiyo's favorite paint set for colored glue.
- She proceeded to chase them through several nearby neighborhoods, on foot, with a scimitar in each hand.
- Replace Sakura's box of special toys with one filled with pink ribbons.
- Switch the delievery addresses on a shipment of textbooks to the local University and a shipment of... stuff... to a well-known sex toy shop.
- (more as idea crop up...)
- Getting Kiritsugu into the city's public high school cafeteria kitchen.
- Sibling Seniority Squabble: Averted, as the twins were born on the same day, same hour, same minute, and same second - they know it and revel in it
- The Chikan: Sasori.
- The Peeping Tom: One of their many shared hobbies.
- The Prankster: Both of them. Individually, and as a Team. Also Trolls.
- Trickster Twins: Oh so much.
- Twin Banter: They. Just. Don't. Stop.
- Twin Switch: One of their favorite pranks.
Following the Christmas Party, Shirou and Shiki have reached a truce of sorts.
The children interact with some degree of regularity, and occasionally seek refuge from one kind of madness in the house of another kind.
Clan TakamachiShirou and Momoko, Kyouya and Miyuki, and Nanoha.
Motoko's cybernetics are indeed MBI's, but they had never met personally until after the Society had been brought down.The Hill of Swords, Louise has far grown since the death of Shirou EMIya and became a Void Magus without equal. Whether or not she stays in Halkeginia afterwards she is a full Supporter for the Clan.
Squad Seven, Platoon 3Touma's subordinates during his tour of duty in Gallia.
- Rag Tag Bunch Of Misfits: An intentional example - Welkin put the problem children of Squad Seven under Touma since conflict just seems to dissolve around him to make them into an elite squad.
GeneralList of tropes that apply to all or most of Kiri's creations.
- Anthropomorphic Food: Combines with Eldritch Abomination.
- Combat Tentacles: What some of them have developed
- Eldritch Abomination
- The Undead: Technically speaking.
Kung Pow ChickenOne of Kiri's earliest creations. Supposed to be a one-time thing, but it apparently gained enough popularity to be brought back by the author.
- Anti-Villain: It seems like the only 'evil' it's done is that it was made through Kiri's culinary efforts, unlike the rest of its 'kind'.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: It seems to know kick boxing.
- Feather Fingers: Well... wings anyway.
- Handicapped Badass: It doesn't have any eyes.
- Possibly balanced out by its Healing Factor.
MBI (Med Bio Informatics)
The company that built the Sekirei plan. Most of the Clan's economic might is centered here. It develops everything from military cybernetics, to prescription medicines, to luxury boats. Thanks to alliances with the Tohno Clan and the Ryougi Yakuza, it is the premier corporation in East Asia.
The Dogs of War
A paramilitary organization founded by Kiritsugu Emiya II, the Dogs are built around orphans and other victims of war and oppression that were taken in and chose to fight. They mostly wage guerrilla wars against tyrannical states and have been responsible for felling several. They have smaller, constituent organizations that provide nonmilitary services for them. They do not have heavy equipment or the logistical power to wage large, conventional wars, but they make up for it with skill and speed on the battlefield.
A Private Military Contractor built by Aleksi Emiya off the Edelfelt family's resources. It initially served as a private corporation, but after the destruction of many Holy Church resources during the Millennium Incident, it was taken on as the Papal conventional military organization. Upon the succession of Aleksi's father in-law as the new Pope, the company was officially made the central part of Church military security.
Lovely AngelsA contracting firm (in the loosest sense possible) started by Aoko and Karasuba Emiya to pass the time and make quick cash. They do everything imaginable as long as the money is good and Shirou doesn't get angry enough to cancel their night. Given the nature of its "contractors," most work is violent, illegal, dangerous, or any combination of the above. They get good results, but collateral damage is usually enormous.
The seat of Magus power in the world. Having stood for two thousand years, this organization is less a constituent of the Clan so much as the Clan is a temporary officeholder thanks to Lorelei. Although influential, the Clan is generally looked down upon by the nobility. Lorelei's reforms have managed to halt some previously heinous practices, like human experimentation and political assassinations, or at least pushed them underground. Despite this, the Tower's dark history continues, with only a few of the Clan's magi present to keep it hidden.
Start listing them, people! By 'contingent', story, or crossover-pairing.
The Mid-Childan Contingent
Sorted by date of birth, oldest at the top.
- Vivio E. Takamachi, adopted daughter of Shinta Emiya-Takamachi and Nanoha TakamachiMagic/Combat Teacher: Negi Springfield, Alita/GallyCombat Focus: Center - Melee, Shooting, FlightMagic System: Mid-Belkan-Heraldry hybrid styleFighting Style: Ba Qua Zahn, Panzer Kunst, Magia Erebea
- Genki Girl
- At first, a Kung-Fu Kid. Grows into a genuine Kung-Fu Wizard er, Witch. Also a user of Blade Below the Shoulder, because Panzer Kunst.
- Generation Xerox: subverted with Claus Stratos II - who challenges Vivio to a Strike Arts match and is so disappointing by her performance that he denounces her as being entirely unworthy of Olivie's legacy... Unlike Vivio's parents - Shinta and Nanoha got into it plenty of times when sparring, but were never adversarial with each other.
- The Hero and The Leader
- Kenshin Emyia-Takamachi, son of Shinta Emiya-Takamachi and Nanoha Takamachi (Winged himself on Vivio, much to her embarrassment)Magic/Combat teachers: Shinta, SignumCombat Focus: Wing Guard - Shooting (Archery) and FlightMagic System: Modern BelkanFighting Style: Muay Thai, Kyudo
- Seville S. Yagami, daughter of Yuuno Scrya and Hayate Sahashi-YagamiMagic/Combat teachers: Shamal, YuunoSupport Focus: Rear Guard - Force Fields and HealingMagic System: Ancient Belkan
- Reinforce Zwei, daughter of Yuuno Scrya and Reinforce Eins Sahashi-YagamiMagic/Combat Teacher: EinsCombat focus: Unison Device - Bombardment and SupportMagic System: Ancient and Modern Belkan
- Makoto E. Yagami, daughter of Shinta Emiya and Hayate Sahashi-Yagami (1 yr younger than Seville and same age as Zwei; lacks Sekirei crest and cannot be winged but shows minor signs of Reaction)Magic/Combat Teacher: NanohaCombat focus: Center - Shooting, Flight, BombardmentMagic System: Mid-ChildanFighting Style: Strike Arts, Aerial Arts (Nanoha's personal style)
- Victoria Sigrun Emiya, daughter of Shinta Emiya and Sigum Sahashi-Yagami (Winged by Kyoshirou)Magic/Combat Teachers: Shinta and Signum and Kyon, who teaches her the Way of Snark.Combat focus: Forward - Melee (Swordsmanship), FireMagic System: Modern BelkanFighting Style: Fuwa-Mikami Nitou Ryuu
- Kyoshirou E. T. Scrya, son of Yuuno Scrya and Fate E. TestarossaMagic/Combat Teacher: Vita, Erio, FateCombat focus: Forward - Melee (Polearms), Lightning, FlightMagic System: Mid-ChildanFighting Style: Strike Arts, Storm Arc (Fate's personal style)
- Elantra S. Yagami, daughter of Yuuno Scrya and Shamal Sahashi-YagamiMagic/Combat Teacher: YuunoCombat focus: Rear Guard - Transportation, SealingMagic System: Mid-Childan
- Lina R. L. Mondial, daughter of Erio Mondial and Caro Ru Lushe (treated as Clan)
- Alice and Alexander E. Bannings, fraternal twins of Shinta Emiya-Takamachi and Arisa Bannings
- Yuuto S. Tsukimura, son of Yuuno Scrya and Suzuka Tsukimura
- The Big Guy for the second round of kids.
- Alicia E. Testarossa, daughter of Shinta Emiya-Takamachi and Fate E. TestarossaCombat Teacher: ShintaCombat Focus: Wing Guard - Melee (Swordsmanship)Fighting Style: Fuwa-Mikami Nitou Ryuu
- Itsuki S. Takamachi, daughter of Yuuno Scrya and Nanoha TakamachiMagic Teacher: ShamalSupport focus: Rear Guard - Scrying, FlightMagic System: Ancient Belkan
- The Chick for the second round of kids.