open/close all folders
- Amazon Brigade: The Shadow Garden is composed solely of beautiful assassins with Cid being the exception as he is the leader.
- Battle Harem: They are an elite group of beautiful women assassins and they are in love with Cid.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Despite how sinister looking they are, the group are the ones that is saving their home from destruction.
- The Dreaded: They became such a threat that even the Diabolos Cult are afraid of them.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: They look too frail and helpless to be any threat when they were kids. That is until Cid came, turned their despair to rage and directed it at the Diabolos Cult.
- N.G.O. Superpower: They have connections everywhere, have a formidable private army, and considerable resources and wealth thanks to their front organization Mitsugoshi Co.
- Rescue Romance: Many of the members fell in love for Cid who saves them, to the point of worship.
- Revenge: They joined Shadow Garden to avenge the suffering they went through.
- Spy Catsuit: Their uniforms doesn't leave much to the imagination.
- Undying Loyalty: Thanks to Rescue Romance.
- Accidental Hero: Cid made an entire organization of beautiful assassins from a lie. Ironically, that lie turns out to be true and he and his Shadow Garden are actually saving the world.
- Berserk Button:
- Do not claim that he's running away.
- Don't ever get in the way of his dream.
- Chuunibyou: Cid suffers an extreme case of this.
- Calling Your Bathroom Breaks: This is how he gets out of sticky situations. So many students at Midgar Academy thinks this is his trait.
- Clueless Chick Magnet: Almost every women (including his Shadow Garden members who practically worships him) he encounters fell for him and his only interest is becoming the non existent Eminence of Shadow.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Despite how insane he is, Cid is actually one of the most competent fighters in the series.
- Fantastic Nuke: His insane solution to finding a way to fight something like nukes? Become a nuke. His most powerful attack basically focuses and condenses his mana and unleashes it in an explosion not unlike a small nuke. He even has a variant that heals instead of destroys.
- Healing Hands: Cid possesses powerful healing magic as a consequence of his experiments with mana control. The same power that can cure the mana corruption also has rejuvenating effects. His most powerful healing ability is essentially a healing nuke that can even cure vampirism.
- Healing Shiv: Or rather, a healing nuke.
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath: This boy thinks most of his adventures are part of a game. He is unable to comprehend that he has killed so many people although to be fair, they were vile and scum.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Before getting reincarnated, he always wanted to be the hero that strike within the shadow which is the Eminence in the Shadows as he puts it.
- Mistaken for Badass: Downplayed. He is highly skilled but not to the extent that the Shadow Garden thinks of him as.
- One-Hit Kill: His special attack is the Taepodong, a move that disintegrates everything in contact with.
- One-Man Industrial Revolution: Accidentally. While hanging out with the rest of Shadow Garden as a child, he'd tell them half-remembered bits from documentaries he watched in his past life that covered economics, steam engines, and other things. The girls latched on to his every word and used them as inspiration to bring them to life in this world. Cid is rather disturbed that they were able to pull this off.
- Pragmatic Hero: Despite training so hard to be practically invincible, he does realize that he can't take on things he would most likely die against such as guns or nuclear weapons.
- A Mother to Her Men: Alpha cherishes her friends. When she learned Delta's disappearance, she got enraged and took part in the mission to assassinate the person who possibly killed her.
- Childhood Friends: She is Cid's first friend following her rescue.
- Heroic BSoD: After she believes Shadow has betrayed her and Shadow Garden, Alpha lost the will to continue on with the cause. She regains her senses after learning that her master is actually a Reverse Mole.
- Identical Grandson: She heavily resembles her ancestor, Olivier.
- Like Brother and Sister: Currently, this seems to be the case between Alpha and Cid compared to other members of Shadow Garden. However, there are subtle hints that it's the same like when Alpha asks Cid to treat her to Mag Ronald after Alexia's kidnapping is resolved.
- Mercy Kill: Alpha properly kills the monster(Olba's daughter) from further Painful Transformation. It's also implied that she has done these many times before.
- Number Two: She handles most of the operations whenever Cid is not around. When Cid takes over, his commands take precedence over Alpha's.
- Please Don't Leave Me: She begs Shadow not to abandon her even after he attacks her to unconsciousness.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Upon learning who she really was, Alpha is beyond furious at the Cult of Diabolos for hiding the truth that led to the persecution she and others like her had to endure. When she made her vow to join Cid and Shadow Garden, she also expresses her desire to kill every last member of the cult.
- Smoke Out: Alpha releases a red mist to confuse Shadow and comes out to attack him when the time is right.
- What the Hell, Hero?: The first time Alpha officially meets Iris, she calls out on the princess for instantly assuming the monster is evil and making things worse by hurting it.
- World's Most Beautiful Woman: She is a golden haired Elf beauty with a nice ample buxom. This is lampshaded by others.
- Wowing Cthulhu: She is the first to ever impress Cid, using her new techniques to engage him, nearly in equal footing.
- You Are Not Alone: Alpha always advises Cid to trust her and Shadow Garden more when situations became too much for him.
- The Bard: Beta chronicles everything her master and her team has done.
- Beauty Mark: She has a mole underneath her eye.
- Clark Kenting: Beta masquerades as Natsume-sensei, a famous author who wrote popular stories based on the stories Cid told her about.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Beta severely dislikes Alexia for dating Cid for a while. She always makes attempts to ridicule the princess whenever they pair up and even removes her from her chronicle, placing herself as the Damsel in Distress her beloved master saves.
- Hot Librarian: Whenever she poses Natsume-sensei.
- Most Common Super Power: Between her and Alexia, Beta gets the most applause from the people of Midgar due to her sheer sex appeal.
- Mystical White Hair: She has short silver hair.
- Sexy Secretary: Whenever it's her turn to be with her beloved Shadow and she loves every minute of it.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Upon learning Delta's disappearance, Gamma is the most worried among everyone, thinking she might be killed.
- Face Fault: She's not used to high heels causing her to fall onto the floor. This has become a Running Gag.
- Genius Bruiser: Although she has the lowest battle sense among the Seven Shadows, she compensates her fault by using her ability to analyze her enemies's strengths and weakness followed by overpowering them with her sheer speed and powerful and lethal sword strikes.
- Like Master,Like Servant: She does earns Achievements in Ignorance much like Shadow.
- Mega-Corp: She ran the popular Mitsugoshi Co, a business providing high quality products, particularly chocolate.
- The Smart Guy: Having being taught by Cid, she has become very intelligent. She is not only running a high-class business corporation but also acts as the strategist of Shadow Garden.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: She has a rivalry with Delta.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: The Elf sports long, dark-blue hair.
- Blood Knight: She revels in fighting much to her enemies' chagrin.
- Dumb Muscle: She is nearly the perfect superhuman but her sole flaw is that she is not that smart, having several occasions disobeying orders and charges into battle without thinking of any strategy.
- The Glomp: She loves to hug Cid whenever she sees him much to his annoyance.
- I Fight for the Strongest Side: She has born and raised under her race's belief that the strongest must be served and those that are considered weak must be dealt with. It's because of this mindset that she proposes to Cid that he should defeat her tribe's current leader and become chieftain. That and she wants to bear his child.
- Lightning Bruiser: She is a canine humanoid possessing superhuman strength and senses and has the speed to match them.
- Little Bit Beastly: Her race is the Dog Beastkin.
- Scarily Competent Tracker: Due to her race, she can track any target even from a very long distance.
- Third-Person Person: Delta refers to herself as such.
- Secret Keeper: Under orders from Shadow, Delta keeps his involvement in the Corporate Warfare a secret.
- Sibling Murder: Delta meets her brother, Ole who recognizes her as his sister, Sarah. She acts indifferent towards him and after he made the mistake in rewarding her for sparing his life by arranging her to be the Arc Villain's concubine, Delta kills him.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: She has a rivalry with Gamma.
- A-Cup Angst: As she puts it to her own dismay, she and her female ancestors possess slender but flat bodies which won't help her in seducing Shadow.
- Always Someone Better: Both played straight and Played for Laughs. She is beaten in martial arts thanks to Delta, beaten in intellect thanks to Gamma and as Ms. Fanservice, Beta beats her by a long shot.
- Elegant Classical Musician: She works as a pianist using songs her master told her about.
- Impossible Hourglass Figure: Epsilon possesses an incredibly voluptuous body. This is subverted as she uses her slime body suit to alter her rear to be shapely, tighten her stomach and increase her height to look like a mature woman.
- Master of One Magic: She is an expert on magic control, earning the title The Precise. The fact that she has maintained her Impossible Hourglass Figure disguise for years shows the level of skill she possesses. Her primary use of her magic is a slicing attack which she sends straight at opponents, decapitating them.
- Riches to Rags: Epsilon was once an Elven noble with everything handed to her on a silver platter. She took pride on her heritage. That is until she is discovered to have the demonic possession and was cast out and hunted down like an animal. After that, Epsilon expresses her desire to get even with everyone, even her family that have betrayed her.
- Stone Wall: Thanks to her thick slime padding all over her body, she has high physical defense.
- She Who Must Not Be Seen: Eta is only mentioned several times by Shadow Garden.
- Omnidisciplinary Scientist: She is the primary researcher of the demon, Diabolos, creating new magical techniques based on the information collected and also easily able to decode Cid's message that is using five different languages.
- All-Loving Heroine: Downplayed. Nu admits upon seeing her former fiance, that she never like him nor hate him either and the only reason she helps him is due to past attachment.
- Extreme Door Mat: In the past, she complies with everything her parents told her to do. After joining Cid, she decides to be more independent.
- Hyper-Competent Sidekick: This to Gamma.
- Master of Disguise: She is an expert in disguising her figure to avoid detection and infiltrate enemy bases.
- I Have No Son!: Nu's family disowned her following the discovery of her demonic possession condition. They also erase her from the genealogy for further measure.
- Magic Plastic Surgery: She's alters slimes to change people's faces. She did this to turn Cid into Jimina.
- Reformed Criminal: She is wasn't truly villainous despite being once a former Named Child of the Diabolos Cult but after her demonic possession happened, she joins Shadow Garden.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: She plans on beating up a Midgar Academy student for ruining her quality time with Cid. It's also implied she performed Cold-Blooded Torture on a cult member for soiling Shadow's good name.
Midgar Royal Spellsword Academy
- Academic Alpha Bitch: Despite looking like the Ojou, she is actually condescending and rude and her whole act is to maintain her image. The only people who knows this is Cid.
- Always Second Best: She seems to feel that she is nothing compared to her sister.
- Fake Relationship: She gets Cid to be on a relationship with her to prevent an Arranged Marriage.
- Hate at First Sight: Almost immediately dislikes Natsume-sensei aka Beta upon meeting her. This is because she instinctively realized that Natsume-sensei was also putting on a fake persona just like Alexia. Natsume-sensei having a more pronounced bosom doesn't help, especially when she catches Natsume-sensei smirking at Alexia's own attempt to show off her chest.
- Informed Attractiveness: She is indeed cute but compared to Shadow Garden's women, she is average at best. An In-Universe example as lampshaded by Cid and Beta, the latter seeing her as cheap.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite how she badly treats Cid during their fake relationship, Alexia does cares for him especially after he praises her swordsmanship.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: She begins to be more active following her rescue, wanting to take part in her sister's missions in uncovering the secret war between Shadow Garden and the Diabolos Cult.
- The Ace: An expert swords woman compared to her brother. At least that's what he wants her to believe.
- Big Sister Instinct: She is very attached to her brother. If someone so much dares harm him, she will tear them to pieces.
- Disqualification-Induced Victory: Since Jimina reveals himself to the world that he is Shadow, he is promptly disqualified, making Claire winner of the God of War festival.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: She has been training Cid intensively since childhood.
- Eleventh Hour Super Power: After Aurora took over her body, Claire unlocks her full potential to fight off Elizabeth.
- It's All My Fault: She blames herself, thinking her brother has been killed.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Aware that her demon possession will mean her demise, Claire tries to toughen up her brother so that he can survive without need of help and deep down, she just wants to spend whatever remaining time she has with him.
- Secretly Dying: She learns that she has demon possession and didn't tell Cid, her parents and anyone about it. Unbeknownst to her, Cid has already rid the curse from her body.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: She is both the first princess of the kingdom and is officially recognized as its strongest warrior.
- Big Sister Instinct: Upon learning Alexia's kidnapping, Iris went on a rampage to find her.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: On the receiving end thanks to Shadow. Twice. First, she couldn't land a single hit during their official bout when he was disguised and hiding his true power. Then when she teamed up with Beatrix to fight him after he revealed himself, she still couldn't get in a hit. Being defeated so easily like this has done a number on her self-esteem.
- Deconstructed Character Archetype: To The Ace. She carries the weight of not only her royal family but the entire kingdom as well. After suffering her first few defeats at the hands of Shadow, she's beginning to succumb to the pressure she imposed on herself and trains hard to catch up to her opponent, thus isolating her from her sister.
- Hero Antagonist: She's a good person deep down but the unfortunate thing is that she is fighting against Cid's Shadow Garden.
- Badass Bookworm: Downplayed at first until Cid helps her to save everyone in the academy.
- But Now I Must Go: She leaves Midgar Academy to go to Rawagas Academy City but not before expressing her feelings for Cid.
- Child Prodigy: She is the foremost expert on the ancient civilization.
- Missing Mom: Her mother is long dead, murdered by her step father.
- Nice Girl: Following getting a chocolate as a present from Cid, she takes a liking towards him and is quite worried following his duel with Rose.
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: She is brawn to her team consisting of herself, 664 and 665.
- Berserk Button: She attacks those who harms her sister and Cid.
- Eager Rookie: She eventually became a member of Shadow Garden following her self imposed exile.
- Forgotten Childhood Friend: Long ago, Rose actually met Cid when they were young. He saves her from some bandits that kidnapped her. All she remember him by is his name, the Stylish Bandit Slayer. She at least eventually realizes that her hero is also Shadow.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: Despite hailing from a kingdom devoted on art, Rose chooses to be a swords woman after witnessing a beautiful display of swordsmanship by the Stylish Bandit Slayer.
- Kill the Ones You Love: Rose is forced to kill her father to free him from mind control put there by Doem.
- Number of the Beast: She is given the designate, 666.
- Rescue Romance: She fell in love with Cid who did a Taking the Bullet for her.
- Shameful Strip: Lambda, 664 and 665 destroys all of Rose's clothes and possessions following her induction to Shadow Garden.
- Take a Third Option: Rose chooses to assassinate her father rather than let Doem have her and take over her kingdom or allow her father to be controlled and start a civil war.
- Butt-Monkey: He gets in a lot of trouble for his actions especially when Cid is involved or he involves Cid.
- Casanova Wannabe: Attempts to hit on any beautiful girl but learns that said girls are only interested in Cid.
- Those Two Guys: He and Jaga are Cid's only friends.
- With Friends Like These...: Despite having a good friendship with Cid, it doesn't stop Hyoro in using him into many of his schemes.
- Power Trio: One of the three Monarchs of Outlaw City. She resides at the Red Tower.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Elizabeth is the one receiving this. Cid uses his healing 'nuke' to cure her vampirism.
- Tragic Monster: She is one of the only Vampires that refuses to take a life and only wishes to have a peaceful life. She tries to fight off her urge to feed but her nature as the vampire progenitor prevents her.
- The Atoner: She intends to kill the progenitor of vampires, Elizabeth because her refusal to kill her long ago caused Elizabeth to go on a rampage, hurting both her and everyone she came into contact with.
- Crazy-Prepared: Knew that the Red Moon will come, she made an underground that leads to the Red Tower and stop the ceremony to resurrect Elizabeth.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: She and Elizabeth can find peace after Cid cures the latter of her vampirism.
- Fiery Red Head: She's a badass vampire hunter with red hair.
- Fire-Forged Friends: She develops a friendship with Cid's sister.
- Vampire Hunter: After Elizabeth went on a rampage, Milia dedicated her life in tracking her down and kill any vampire that do harm on humans.
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: After being beaten within an inch of his life by Shadow, he tries to beg for mercy and tries to make a deal with him. Unfortunately, Shadow doesn't care and kills him.
Yukime the Enchantress
- Aren't You Going to Ravish Me?: She tries to tempt Shadow, now John Smith into sleeping with her. It doesn't work.
- Cute Monster Girl: She is a beautiful foxkin.
- Enemy Mine: She allies herself and her forces with Shadow Garden, wanting the Diabolos Cult to be destroyed for ruining her life.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Her lover betrayed her and murdered her mother so that he could get power to end a clan war.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: She sports a large scar on her back, perpetrated by Gettan when she tried to escape from him. Cid later removes it for good by using his healing powers.
- The Oldest Profession: She rises to power by serving as a prostitute.
- Power Trio: One of the three Monarchs of Outlaw City. She resides at the White Tower.
- Rescue Romance: After being saved by John Smith(Shadow) from her former lover, she fell head over heels for him.
- Super Mode: She transforms into her true form possessing nine tails and blood red eyes. She unknowingly uses it to rob Gettan of his eyesight.
Juggernaut the Tyrant
- BFS: Wields a Giant Nata.
- Killed Offscreen: He is killed by Delta, ordered by Cid who made it in random so that he can finish his mission.
- Power Trio: One of the three Monarchs of Outlaw City. He resides at the Black Tower.
- Would Hit a Girl: Upon seeing Claire and Milia, he immediately decides to kill them.
- Asshole Victim: He is a psychopathic mass murderer. After fighting someone he couldn't beat, he is forced into enslavement by Crimson, chained like the animal he is. He is later killed by another person above his comprehension.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: He defeats Quinton and Goldoh, all powerful warriors and participants of the God of War festival.
- Big Sister Worship: She idolizes her older sister, Rose. Even after learning about her father's death, she kept on believing that Rose might has some reason for doing it.
- Et Tu, Brute?: One of her followers, Guin betrays her and reveals he has been on the Doem faction's side.
- Nice Girl: Upon witnessing Cid getting hurt, she came to his aid.
- Bullying the Dragon: What he did to Cid who responds in kind for screwing with him around.
- Papa Wolf: Inverted. He steps in to defend the princess after his father is injured.
- Reverse Mole: He is secretly helping the Royalists to undermine the Doem faction.
- Tragic Villain: Olba's only wish is to reverse the "Curse" from his daughter which finally came for her after his death.
- Arranged Marriage: Alexia is disturbed by the numerous advances he made on her. She has good reason to...
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: The guy wants to get close to Alexia so that he can kidnap her and extract her blood for the cult.
- Humiliation Conga: Shadow thoroughly blocks every one of Zenon's attacks, beats him down and mocks his so-called superior swordsmanship.
- This Cannot Be!: When he realizes he is about to be killed.
- Wicked Stepmother: A male variant. He murdered Sherry's mother to silence her and uses Sherry to further his agenda.
- Karmic Death: Cid kills him the same way he killed Sherry's mother.
- Graceful Loser: Before he died, Lex express admiration towards Cid's power.
- Oh, Crap!: Seeing the dead bodies of his minions, his hands starts sweating.
- Stupid Evil: He attempts to pose as a member of Shadow Garden to frame them but gets their name wrong. If it weren't for everyone not knowing much about the organization, the plan wouldn't have work.
- Bald of Evil: Alexia loves to make potshots at the man's lack of hair.
- Death by Secret Identity: Nelson learns Alpha's identity as Olivie's descendant and plans on capturing her to save face. He didn't get far as Cid kills him.
- Dirty Old Man: When Natsume-sensei(Beta in disguise) asks questions about Aurora, Nelson took an opportunity to ogle at her chest.
- Sinister Minister: An archbishop, secretly working with a cult that wants to resurrect a demon.
- Green-Eyed Monster: He expresses jealousy and hatred that Jimina is a way better swordsman than he is.
- Puppet King: His goal is to control the King Oriana and take over his kingdom.
- Smug Snake: The man thinks that his plans will succeed except.....
- Villainous Breakdown: Rose puts a stop to Doem by killing King Oriana. He went mad because without his puppet king, he lost the ability to claim the throne.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: He is takes extreme pride over his swordsman ship.
- Master of Illusion: He uses this to confuse his opponents.
- Villainous Breakdown: The more he fights Cid, the more he understands that he is screwed from the very beginning.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefullness: He promptly executes his subordinates affter having Princess Clara within his grasp.
- Blood Knight: He seems less interested in fulfilling the cult's goals and only wants to fight the Seven Shadows.
The Three Heroes and the Witch of Calamity
- Samus Is a Girl: Apart from Shadow Garden and the Diabolos Cult, everyone in the world thought Olivie was a man.
- Posthumous Character: She was already dead centuries ago.
- Unwitting Pawn: Olivie truly wants to save the world from Diabolos but she is being used by the cult to harvest the demon's power
- Big Damn Heroes: She saves Claire from the Queen of Vampires.
- Given Name Reveal: Other than being called the Witch of Calamity, she actually goes by the name, Diabolos. Meaning that she is the demon that Shadow Garden is trying to prevent.
- Greater-Scope Villain: As Diabolos, she is indirectly responsible for causing the Diabolos Cult to be formed and placing the curse on the Three Heroes' descendants. This might ends up Subverted as it's implied that she didn't do these terrible things in her own free will.
- Hot Witch: She is a drop dead beautiful magic caster.
- I Hate Past Me: While reviewing the past memories, she has shown disappointment and probably apathetic towards her younger self. Following her freedom from the Holy Ground, she requests Cid to kill her.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: She already lost most of her memories by the time the current Trial of the Goddesses happened.
- Please, I Will Do Anything!: When she thought Cid is about to be killed, she offers herself to save him.
- In the Hood: She wore a gray robe to hide her face.
- Lady of War: Hence the title, Goddess of War.
- Missing Child: She is searching for her late younger sister's child, implied to be Alpha.
- Worthy Opponent: After Jimina defeats Iris, Beatrix shows admiration to the young man and wants to fight him.
- Cassandra Truth: Annerose perfectly surmises Jimina's true strength but no one believes her and for good reason, due to how ridiculous he defeats his opponents.
- The Comically Serious: She tries to imitate Jimina's moves (weird ones) in order to intimidate him.
- Friendly Rival: After being beaten, she promises to Jimina that she'll be worthy for his skills. Jimina replies back that she having fought him without his Power Limiter is an accomplishment that earns his respect.
- Oh, Crap!: When she realizes that Jimina (Cid) is in a higher combat level compared to her.
- Cassandra Truth: He's the one that doesn't want to believe that Jimina is a lot more dangerous than he seems.
- Made a Slave: Following the Red Moonincident, he is reduced to a servant and was bought and ordered to steal the Oriana's kingdom's treasures.
- Tempting Fate:
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: He gets furious that Jimina (Cid) didn't take him seriously during the fight.
- Made a Slave: Following the Red Moon incident, he is reduced to a servant and was bought and ordered to steal the Oriana's kingdom's treasures.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: After realizing that he cannot defeat the Watchdog, he flees, abandoning Quinton. Not like he got that far.
- Alas, Poor Villain: No matter how many terrible things he has done, including what he did to Yukime, he still loves her and its only when he is near deatg that finally regrets his actions.
- Bad Boss: He treats his subordinates with utter contempt and will kill them should they fail him.
- Deal with the Devil: He made a deal with the cult of Diabolos. If his and Yukime's tribe swore allegiance to the cult, they will protect them from the clan war. The offer was tempting enough for him to murder Yukime's mother.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: An attack by Yukime caused Gettan to have a scar across his face and lose both his eyes.
- Handicapped Badass: Despite being blind, he is still a powerful wolf Beastkin.