A member of a race known as Elementals, whose religion is based around the Balance of the universe. They actively seek to keep this balance, and their ability to use numbers and equations to calculate odds is so accurate that to others it closely resembles foretelling and prophecy.
- Miss Exposition: Aereon mainly hangs around to spill exposition about plot developments.
- Not Quite Flight: She can't fly, but she can glide quite well.
- "You know the rule. They're not dead if they're still on the books."- Smirnov
The staff of the Crematoria triple maximum security prison, an underground facility on a planet with drastic temperature differences during its day cycle.
- Commander Contrarian: Smirnov when the boss orders him to climb up a hatch and scout for Riddick.Smirnov: Because Anatoli says so?Vasilev: Because his nose says so.
- Husky Russkie: Most of them have Russian-sounding names: Vasilev, Petrov, Yakovlev, Kuznetsov and so on.
- The Nose Knows: Anatoli Petrov has a Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane knack for sniffing out trouble. At first he just warns his boss against taking Riddick into the prison. Later he sniffs the air while he and the others are running to the hangar through an underground passageway, because he sensed Riddick and co. doing the same over the surface.
- Pervy Patdown: Grigorev tries this on Kyra when he, Smirnov and another guard corner her. He gets a heel-blade in his crotch.
- Wardens Are Evil: All of them are thugs.
Ceryll "the Guv" Cantaglia
A criminal. He had a wife named Ellen. He ran the hard end of the Benz-Kardak coda on Sigma Minor successfully for an unprecedented 17 cycles. Although arrested for 23 separate infractions, from extortion to murder, he continued to evade convicted. He was finally brought in the Crematoria Slam Facility for vehicular manslaughter.
- All There in the Manual: His full name and backstory can be found in supplementary materials.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: How he reached the top of the convict chain.
- Character Death: Vaako breaks his back during the escape from Crematoria, killing him instantly.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": He's only known as 'The Guv'.
- Everyone Has Standards: He was a ruthless mob boss on the outside, but the Guv makes it clear that he doesn't care for prisoners who turn on eachother.