Here be the list of characters from The Cadanceverse.
- Elegant Classical Musician
- Forgiven, but Not Forgotten: Some ponies in Ponyville still haven't forgotten her... controversial first impression.
- Heroic BSoD: Gets into one after Shining Armor and Pageturner tell her exactly what they think of her.
- I'm Not Here to Make Friends: Explicitly expressed her reason being in Ponyville was to show everyone the glory of music, not to have fun or make friends. She later drops this viewpoint once she learns to soften up.
- Jerkass: At first.
- Dismotivation: She's content to be a music teacher, and doesn't feel driven to become a symphony-level player.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: She gets buzzed pretty easily whenever alcohol is present.
- Knight in Sour Armor: The grouchiest member of the team, although this is Equestria, so she's still not terribly grumpy.
- Starving Artist: A mild example; she's not destitute, but her shop is very run down and her Lotus-Eater Machine hallucination was a future in which she had enough money to have the luxury of eating an apple without needing to eat the core as well.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": Her real name is "Virola" and she really doesn't like it.
- Dubstep: Specializes in this. She calls it "wubstep".
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Deeply hurt by Twilights offer to teach her academic-level magic. Well, not so much the offer, but she didn't have to be so patronizing about it...
- Friendly Rival: Is called this by Twilight Sparkle, who has a different viewpoint on what "magic/music" is.
- The Smart Guy: She has to be; the technology to make her music hasn't been invented yet so she has to make it herself.
The Foal Trio
- Alpha Bitch
- Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: The thought of Sweetie Belle being a better singer than her sends her into a meltdown.
- Elegant Classical Musician: She seems to be aspiring to be this.
- Innocently Insensitive: She can still be pretty mean even when she thinks she's being nice.
- Nice to the Waiter: Implied to have enough heart to treat her maids and servants decently.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: The reason why she had to be perfect in anything is because she wants to meet her father's standards. However, said father eventually sets her right about her perfectionist behavior.
- Born Lucky: Her special talent is being lucky.
- Golem: She's not a true alicorn; she's a golem created with a form of one by Starswirl the Bearded as an initial solution to resolve Celestia and Luna's bickering over who should rule.
- Politically Active Princess
- Princesses Rule: The main ruler of Equestria, and holds the title of "Princess".
- So Proud of You: Says this to Octavia after she and her friends successfully manage to defeat both Burning Sun and Nightmare Moon.
- Turned Against Their Masters: A rare case when this trope is a good thing.
- Friend to All Living Things: Even krakens.