open/close all folders
The Cutie Mark Crusaders
The Cutie Mark Crusaders
Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo
- Accidental Misnaming: It takes until Chapter 23 for them to finally get Destroyah's name right.
- Entertainingly Wrong: They make a lot of inaccurate assumptions about Destroyah, like thinking she was an Anti-Hero back on Terra.
- Hero-Worshipper: While Scootaloo also worships Rainbow Dash, all three of them think Destroyah is the coolest.
- Morality Pet: Slowly but surely, they become this to Destroyah.
- They Just Don't Get It: Even when Destroyah says to their faces that she was a vile murderer, they continue to cheerfully worship her. They also can't seem to understand that Destroyah hates being called a princess.
- Badass Pacifist: She gets Xenilla to backdown, but couldn't be more peaceful.
- Beware the Nice Ones: When Xenilla threatened to kill her, she yelled at him and then unleashed The Stare on him.
- Death Glare: The Stare can cow anyone into obedience, even Xenilla.
- Kid with the Leash: To Discord and briefly to Xenilla.
- The Medic: She helps patch up Destroyah's injuries near the beginning of the fic.
- Morality Pet: For Discord.
- Cool Big Sis: Helps comfort Rodan's claustrophobia attacks and helps him feel accepted by the inhabitants of Appleloosa.
- Honor Before Reason:
- After the attack on Appleloosa, when Princess Celestia prepares to go help, Applejack insists that since Appleloosa was founded by the Apple family, it's her responsibility to help.
- After Jeog attacks Gentle Leaf while she was a guest in her home, she insists on taking her on herself instead of getting help.
- Living Lie Detector: This ability is what led her to trust Rodan, since she sensed no lie when he declared the ponies part of his flock.
- Shipper on Deck: She was frustrated when Anguirus and Ki Seong were too shy to admit their feelings and was very happy when they finally kissed.
Princess Twilight Sparkle
Princess Twilight Sparkle
- Adorkable: She's prone to geeking out when seeing new magic or new aspects of the Kaiju.
- Barrier Warrior: She can create powerful forcefields to protect or seal in others. As a bonus, due to the differences between Terran and Equestrian magic, these forcefields cannot be broken with Terran magic no matter how powerful it is.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: She actively defends Ponyville and works to find a way to return the Kaiju home.
- Teleportation: One of her most useful spells. She can take herself and a small group between Ponyville and Canterlot.
- Winged Unicorn: She was born a Unicorn and then became an Alicorn.
- The Xenophile: Becomes extremely excited upon realizing that Mothra is from another world and becomes very curious about it.
- Blood Knight: She gets disappointed when a problem doesn't involve fighting.
- Close-Call Haircut: Loses part of her mane and tail to the Destroyah babies' Micro-Oxygen blasts.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Due to worried ego about the possibility Rodan was faster than her, she initially was a bit antagonistic towards him. But facing the cloud gremlin incident together and learning they had the exact same top speed put a grin on her face.
- Full-Name Basis: As Rarity drops it, Rainbow Jennifer Dash Jr.
- How Do I Shot Web?: While desperate to save the camp from being destroyed by Garble and his dragons, she somehow charges Anguirus up with magic to revert him to Kaiju form. Later, when facing the Cloud Gremlins, Rodan asks her to charge him up so he can transform, but she says she has absolutely no idea how she did it the last time.
- Lamarck Was Right: Her mother is the variation of the Generation 3 Rainbow Dash who loved challenges and adventures, and Rainbow inherited that side of her.
- Legacy Character: She's a "Junior" and the Generation 3 Rainbow Dash is her mother.
- Made of Iron: She took a lot of punishment in her fight against the dragons, including injuring her leg and wing, but was up and about in a matter of hours.
- Superpowerful Genetics: Tarbtano revealed in a blog that her incredible speed came from her mother, who despite being an Earth Pony, was remarkably fast, able to race rainbows. She also inherited her toughness from her.
- Super Speed: In flight naturally. She uses this to build up enough to momentum that a high speed kick to the face hits hard enough to hurt a greed grown dragon. We later see her top speed when built up to a fully powered Sonic Rainboom is over Mach 5.
- Weather Manipulation: She helped stop the Destroyah babies by making it snow, as they can't stand the cold.
- Bad Dreams: Repeatedly has nightmares of her former evil self and of Equestria being destroyed by the Big Bad.
- Dark Is Not Evil: The second time she becomes Nightmare Rarity, she manages to subdue Nightmare through Heroic Willpower and use her power without losing herself.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Manages to control Nightmare and beats freaking Enjin. She then proceeds to throw his unstable core into Grand King Ghidorah, critically wounding him and negating his attempt to sucker punch Godzilla and Xenilla during their Beam-O-War, allowing the two to finally slay the world killing dragon.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: Her nightmares warn her that the Big Bad is coming, but since she has no idea who he is, all they do is traumatize her.
- Grievous Harm with a Body: Throws Enjin into Grand King Ghidorah after overloading the Aspect of Land's ruptured core with magic. The end result is a multi-megaton explosion that destroys the King of Terror's wing and foils his attempted sucker punch on Junior and Xenilla, allowing them to destroy him with the help of their father's ghost.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Figures out how to use her talent for fashion in combination with Luna's dark magic banishment spell to exorcise Enjin from Sunset Shimmer upon realizing in principle, he's forming over her like a costume and thus the tethers holding him to her can be cut like one.
- Heroic Host: The second time she becomes Nightmare's host, she manages to control it via force of will and use it to fight Enjin.
- Heroic Willpower: Manages to force Nightmare to obey her through force of will so she can use its power to battle Enjin.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: She manages to throw Enjin into Grand King Ghidorah, even though Ghidorah was so high in the atmosphere that she shouldn't have been able to see him.
- The Fashionista: She's in top form, even offering to give the Kaiju outfits and commenting on how good looking they would be.
- Mama Bear: She won't let anything happen to Sweetie Belle.
- Nerves of Steel: Tends to keep a cool head during intense situations while the others panic.
- Phlebotinum Overload: Destroys the second Enjin by exorcising him from Sunset, then overloading his ruptured core with more magic than it can safely contain. This would of course cause him to violently explode, but thankfully there's a giant three headed, planet killing space dragon to throw him at.
- Power Copying: As Nightmare Rarity, she can perform Godzilla's Nuclear Pulse and other attacks since Nightmare had previously possessed him.
- Pre-Mortem One-Liner: Before hurling the ruptured, overloading Enjin into King Ghidorah, badly wounding him and foiling his last attempt at a sucker punch on Junior and Xenilla, allowing them to destroy him.Nightmare Rarity: From me to thee, enjoy!
- Shipper on Deck: Teases Anguirus about his crush on Ki Seong.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Nightmare Rarity, who starts appearing in her nightmares. She manages to force Nightmare to obey her via Heroic Will Power, allowing her to use it more like a Super Mode to fight Enjin.
- Badass Driver: In the non-canon April Fools' Day special. Despite never having driven before in her life, she manages to control the tank she, Megalon, and Sonata Dusk stole from a Cobra base.
- Close-Call Haircut: Loses part of her mane and tail to the Destroyah babies' Micro-Oxygen blasts.
- Commonality Connection: In the April Fools' Day special, she makes fast friends with Megalon and Sonata Dusk , and later the G3 Pinkie Pie, based off their similar fun loving personalities.
- Crazy-Prepared: Has a protocol specifically to make Sugar Cube Corner fire multiple party cannons and create a huge cake that is automatically pushed out the door, just in case she gets surprised by a party needing to be thrown. It's also handy to saving people falling from orbit after killing evil space dragons.
- Inexplicably Awesome: Even the Kaiju can't figure her out. Anguirus eventually concludes that she's some kind of Eldritch Abomination in pony form.
- Genre Savvy: She's quite familiar with how various stories work, including those from other franchises. For example, how the mooks in G.I. Joe subscribe to the Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy, so it is safest to stand still against them.
- Hammerspace: She can pull objects out of thin air, even something as large as a whole blackboard.
- Shipper on Deck: For Anguirus and Ki Seong.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: Often startles characters by suddenly appearing next to them or disappearing when they look away. She can even do this to characters in the sky.
- Toon Physics: Does antics like coming out of a vase that was smaller than her, pulling party decorations out of thin air, and performing the Eye Pop.
- Breath Weapon: Fires green flames that can send messages or simply burn things. It was potent enough to knock away some of the Gyaos.
- I Just Want to Be Badass: He confides to Anguirus that he desperately wants to be powerful enough to join the others in battle, and is even tempted to experience greed growth again. Anguirus manages to convince him that his time will come if he is patient enough to grow up normally.
- Older Than They Look: The author said that his egg was dormant and used to test Unicorns for years until Twilight managed to hatch him. This means he's actually older than the Mane Six even though he's still a baby dragon.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: Anguirus assures him he has potential and will grow up to be a great hero.
- Affectionate Nickname: "Celly" by Luna.
- All-Loving Hero: One wouldn't be wrong in saying there isn't a single soul in Equestria she doesn't love and want to protect in some capacity.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Word of God states and along with her later examples that when not holding anything back, she is the strongest of the Equestrian heroes thanks to experience and sheer power.
- Big Good: Looked up to by all and willing to do near anything to save her citizenry.
- Cool Big Sis: To Princess Luna, especially after they bonded again post-Nightmare Moon. When Luna was feeling nervous about her possible feelings for Junior, it's "Celly" she confides in; with the elder alicorn sister freely offering warm advice on romance.
- Divine Parentage: Harmony is her mother. Commander Hurricane even calls her a 'demigoddess' at one point.
- Don't Call Me "Sir": Considering she sees "King" Godzilla Junior as foreign royalty equivalent to herself given his leadership role, she tells him not to worry with calling her "Princess" and vice-versa.
- Day in the Limelight: "The Eclipse Times" special is focused on her traumatic time following Nightmare Moon's banishment.
- The Dreaded: It's more or less shown and implied that when not holding back and at full strength, she's definitely the most powerful good Equestrian. Xenilla, who completely loathes it when Princesses Rule is enforced despite what he sees as faulty logic, respects her power enough to not question her judgement like he does Cadance and instantly calls off a fight when she gets involved. With Luna's help, the two are able to drive away Grand King Ghidorah while in the dream realm, despite his immense psychic power.
- Dude Magnet: She's had a ton of suitors over the centuries.
- Fountain of Youth: When she goes to the Equestria Girls world, she turns into a teenager because some of her energy was drained when Bagan tried to grab her.
- Full-Name Basis: Her sister drops her full name, Princess Celestia Alexandria Alicor.
- Happily Adopted: She and Luna were raised by Star Swirl the Bearded and the six founders of Equestria.
- The High Queen: In all but title. It's revealed later she actually was offered Queenship, but turned it down as not to appear too far above her citizenry and seem more approachable.
- Immortality Begins at 20: Her Rapid Aging halted when she reached her physical prime.
- The Juggernaut: When pissed off, she is practically unstoppable. When Sunset Shimmer writes about her Rainbow Dash being attacked and threatened, she angrily marches toward the mirror portal, ignoring her surroundings and plowing through any obstacles in her path, even Xenilla's crystal walls. Xenilla, Mothra Lea, and Twilight Sparkle combining muscle and telekinesis could only slow her to a crawl, and it took snapping her out of her rage to finally get her to stop.
- Large and in Charge: Towers over everyone whose name isn't Destroyah.
- Light Is Good: Her arrival in the story was met with two things. One, a blinding burst of sunlight and rainbows; and two, her putting her hoof down and halting the brawl going on in the main hall with a wave of light magic.
- Lightning Bruiser: Is the physically strongest good Equestrian bar none, the only ones capable of out speeding her are Pegasi with a speed talent, and she's as durable as one would expect having peak physical pegasi stamina and crash resistance combined with Earth Pony durability to be.
- Meaningful Name: Her first and middle names, Celestia Alexandria literally translate to Solar Protector of the People.
- Not So Above It All: Usually she appears prim and proper, though still friendly in front of others. When in a less serious situation or alone with her sister, she can be snarky and teasing.
- Pieces of God: Is a piece of Harmony's power given life.
- Power Dyes Your Hair: Her mane used to be pink and gold, but it changed to its current multi-colored hue after using the Elements of Harmony to banish Nightmare Moon. When low on power after spending a whole night during an attack (see below), her mane did lose its rainbow effect and flow, returning to a pink-gold gradient for awhile.
- Rapid Aging: She and her sister grew very quickly into adulthood. It took her only six months to go from an apparently six-month old filly to one that looked four or five years old. The populace were initially worried she and Luna would die of old age before they hit their thirties, but were relieved when they stopped aging at their physical prime.
- Red Baron: The Solar Diarch.
- Required Secondary Powers: As her magic is sun-based, she's largely immune to fire and heat.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Throws up a massive shield spell alongside Luna to protect all of Canterlot from the Gyaos attack.
- Seen It All: She wasn't that surprised about learning what the Kaiju are because she's explored many alternate realms with strange creatures.
- Shipper on Deck: After seeing Junior's oblivious antics and Luna being genuinely happy around him, she makes a note to get him shifted to the night guard. She later tells Junior about Luna's Affectionate Nickname and to call her by it, granted in a mischievous manner.
- Statuesque Stunner: Big, tall, and beautiful. The only pony taller than her is the transformed Destroyah.
- Super Mode: Her Solar Flare Form, where her fur turns white hot and her mane and tail become fire. It boosts her physical ability and offensive magic considerably. However, it also superheats her surroundings, so she doesn't use it often.
- Super Toughness: She can tank magical blasts and even sword strikes. The author noted that in the comics, her evil Mirror Universe counterpart was able to shrug off Rainbow Dash hitting her in the neck at full speed, so she could likely do the same thing.
- Sweet Tooth: She could absolutely pillage the dessert pantry when she was a filly. Thoughts by Luna suggest this carried onto her time as an adult.
- Try to Fit THAT on a Business Card!: Behold Celestia's full name and title! Her Majesty the Princess Defender of the Equestrian Realm and Populace and Maiden of the Sun Celestia Alexandria Alicor.
- Winged Unicorn: She was born an Alicorn.
- Wonder Twin Powers: Her and Luna being near each other increases both of their powers greatly.
- World's Strongest Man: According to Word of God, she is the physically strongest good Equestrian bar none. Even Bagan is hesitant about having Enjin engage her and uncertain if it'd be able to win, at least while in pony form. With Luna's help, the two of them are a match for Grand King Ghidorah in the dream world.
- Worthy Opponent: Grand King Ghidorah considers her and Luna such after they manage to drive him out of the dream world together.
- You Remind Me of X: Godzilla Junior's mantra about what it means to be The Good King reminds her of her lost love, the Mirror World's King Sombra.
- Younger Than They Look: In "The Eclipse Times" she's her modern size and looks like a fully grown mare, but is only a teenager. She hasn't physically changed much at all 1,000 years later.
- Affectionate Nickname: "Lulu" by Celestia. Crossing into Embarrassing Nickname at times when Celestia teases her.
- Combat Pragmatist: Pretty much what caused her to defeat Godzilla after an hours long fight. Once he got distracted by a light in the background caused by Anguirus, she took the chance to give the finishing blow by kicking him in the face.
- Commonality Connection: She warms up to Godzilla after learning that the "King of the Monsters" dedicated his life to protecting others, similar to what Celestia and herself do.
- Dream Walker: The dream world is her domain and she can travel through it at will.
- Dream Weaver: She's able to effect the dream world to a pretty spectacular extent. She's able to give Grand King Ghidorah trouble there and counter his Mind Rape abilities.
- Divine Parentage: Harmony is her mother.
- Enhanced Punch: She can infuse magic into her hind legs to increase the strength of her kicks. This is how she defeats Junior after a very close fight with him.
- The Fog of Ages: She doesn't remember her parents, only a faint, gentle voice who may be her mother. Her earliest memory is of her and Celestia being found and raised by a group of ponies. This is because they don't have parents. They were newly created by Harmony when they were found. So in reality, she has No Infantile Amnesia.
- Happily Adopted: She and Celestia were raised by Star Swirl the Bearded and the six founders of Equestria.
- Healing Factor: Her injuries heal up in a matter of hours, even faster if Celestia is present (see Wonder Twin Powers).
- Homefield Advantage: As in canon, the Dream World is her domain and she's much stronger there. To the degree she's able to give Grand King Ghidorah trouble there and neutralize his Mind Rape abilities to a significant degree. With Celestia's help, she's even capable of driving him away.
- My Greatest Failure: She thinks she might have been this to her father-figure Starswirl, both for having turned into Nightmare Moon and attacking Celestia, but also for being banished and not being present when he died of old age like her sister was.
- Lethal Chef: She is a lousy cook who has in the past managed to find a way to fry ice tea and freeze fried potatoes, hence Celestia is the one responsible for cooking their meals.
- Luminescent Blush: Gets a downright epic one when she sees that Junior brought her a whole rose bush as thanks. See it here.
- Pieces of God: Is actually a piece of Harmony's power given life.
- Rapid Aging: Like Celestia, Luna also grew very quickly. Her aging didn't start accelerating as soon as Celestia's did, meaning she looked about ten months old after the six-month timespan in which Celestia developed into an apparent five year old.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: As she confides to Godzilla Junior, it's a Princess' duty to protect her people.
- Scars Are Forever: Bears a long scar under her wing from a battle with Lord Tirek she had as a teenager.
- Ship Tease: With Junior. There are already a number of readers who consider them their Fan-Preferred Couple. Junior bringing her roses as a thank you and not having a clue as to the romantic implications of what he was doing from Luna's point of view brought both laughter and greater interest in the pairing from readers.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: While if anything will come of it is still up in the air; she only grows close to and shows interest in Junior after seeing his selfless nature and similar past. Most importantly though, him treating her as a normal individual without focus on her past as a reformed villainess or title as a princess helped win her over.
- Stalker Without a Crush: After Junior is initially drafted into the guards, Luna spends a significant amount of time shadowing him due to her still not trusting him around her subjects, especially with the amount of power he can throw around. Its not until Junior fends off the Gyaos swarm from Canterlot that she finally relaxes around him. Ironically when she does get something like a crush on him, she's already long ditched the "stalker" part.
- Statuesque Stunner: Much like her sister, she is a good deal taller than even most stallions. Also like her sister, she's considered quite beautiful by Equestrian standards and is mentioned to have had a lot of crushes aimed at her since her return.
- Super Strength: Able to fight the ponified Godzilla Jr. to an hours long standstill, smashing him through just as many bricks walls as he did her.
- Super Toughness: Took just as much of a beating from Godzilla Jr. as he took from her.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Nightmare Moon, who is larger and stronger than Luna's normal form.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Star Swirl preferred Celestia. Or at least this is how an envious Luna likely misread it, given this was just before she turned into Nightmare Moon.
- Winged Unicorn: She was born an Alicorn.
- Wonder Twin Powers: Her and Celestia being near each other increases both of their powers greatly.
- Worthy Opponent: Grand King Ghidorah comes to consider her and Celestia this after they manage to drive him out of the dream realm together.
Princess Cadance/Princess Mi Amore Cadenza
Princess Cadance/Princess Mi Amore Cadenza
- Barrier Warrior: She can make force fields.
- Blade on a Stick: Counters Sombra's scythe with a spear.
- Combination Attack: Mix her firing a magic blast while using the Crystal Heart as a magnifying lens and super charging Xenilla while he fired his Corona flare, and King Sombra found himself on the receiving end of an enormous energy blast.
- Doorstop Baby: King Caesar dropped her off as a baby to an Earth Pony couple.
- Happily Adopted: She was raised by the Earth Pony couple Melody Chime and Lead Choir.
- Happily Married: As per canon with Shining Armor.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: It makes her all but immune to King Sombra's fear magic and allows her to use the Crystal Heart as a huge power magnifier.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Being an incarnation of The Power of Love, King Sombra's fear inducing spells only briefly phase her.
- Meaningful Name: Her adoptive mother named her after her wedding song, "Mi Amore Cadenza", which means "My Love Cadence". One of her roles is to help ponies remember their love.
- The Power of Love: Her most powerful magic.
- Pregnant Badass: It's eventually revealed that she's been pregnant for quite a while, meaning she was carrying the baby during her battle against the revived Sombra.
- Required Secondary Powers: Her force fields let air through so the beings she protects don't suffocate.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: We get to see her as a baby in a past scene. The readers repeatedly referred to said scene as the story's biggest diabetes inducer.
- Rip Van Winkle: It is heavily implied Cadance is the daughter of Princess Amore. Given that Cadance ages at a normal rate and grew up in the modern era however, this means something displaced her in time. Dialogue from King Sombra seems to hint King Caesar had something to do with it.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: She fights King Sombra alongside Xenilla.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Xenilla. Even after he pulls a genuine HeelFace Turn and swears to protect the Crystal Empire, he keeps comically grinding her gears.
- Strong Family Resemblance: She looks almost identical to her ancestor Princess Amore Diamante, to the point that when she dons Amore's old suit of armor, King Sombra briefly thought Amore had come back to life. It is heavily implied that Amore was actually her mother.
- Super Strength: She was able to break free of crystal shackles and could trade blows with King Sombra.
- Surprise Pregnancy: She had no clue she was pregnant, assuming any symptoms she had were just from ruling stress. Princess Celestia explains her larger size due to being an ascended alicorn covered up her baby bump.
- Winged Unicorn: She was born a Pegasus and then became an Alicorn.
Prince Shining Armor
Prince Shining Armor
- Barrier Warrior: Specializes in force fields, and can even briefly restrain Xenilla with them.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Xenilla calls him "Prince Consort", since he became a prince by marrying Cadance.
- Happily Married: As per canon with Cadance.
- Mentor Archetype: He taught Flash Sentry everything he knows and personally groomed him for command. Flash Sentry's father, Captain Stalwart Sentry, was this for him.
- Required Secondary Powers: His force fields let air through so the beings he protects don't suffocate.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Actively defends the Crystal Empire from danger, quickly restraining Xenilla when he mistakenly believes he is attacking the citizens.
- Affectionate Nickname: "Miss Dancer" by Xenilla. Eventually "Blades" when he grows thankful towards her.
- Bi the Way: She likes who she likes, gender regardless. Some dialogue reveals she's had just as many marefriends as coltfriends.
- Bodyguard Crush: Word of God confirms that Blade Dancer is in love with Xenilla. This was after being assigned as his bodyguard.
- Confusion Fu: In a fight, her long hair and tail's erratic movements can confuse her opponents.
- Dance Battler: She's very graceful and moves like a ballerina when she fights.
- Depraved Bisexual: Thoroughly averted. She may be more romantically or sexually open, but has a good heart and doesn't at all come off as lustful.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: Pulls an epic Shut Up, Hannibal! to Xenilla's filibuster about love being an addiction. She even punches him in the jaw before shooting down his argument with logic!
- Fantastic Arousal: Blushes red and develops a severe case of wingboner when a store clerk mistakenly thinks that she and Xenilla are a couple and that she's pregnant with Xenilla's child.
- First Love: She is Xenillas first romantic partner as of Kaiju Carol and its heavily implied that she takes his virginity at the ending of the chapter.
- Good Bad Girl: Extremely flirty and promiscuous to the point its implied she's slept with all of her past boyfriends and girlfriends? Indeed she is. Except she's never cheated when on a relationship, is consistently shown as intelligent and heroic, and loved each of her former partners.
- Hello, Nurse!: Fits the Equestrian ideal of beauty to the letter.
- Lady in Red: Her crimson colored mane with her pale coat gives this appearance.
- Lady of War: A Lieutenant (later a Colonel) of the Celestian Guard and quite an adept fighter.
- Large and in Charge: While she isn't the highest ranking officer, she's a very tall mare and can give commands.
- Love at First Punch: A delayed reaction, in Tarbtano's own words. Xenilla and Blade Dancer's first serious conversation ended with Blade Dancer punching him in the face for insulting love, which is an emotion she takes seriously. This act earns her Xenilla's respect, which leads to a close friendship and a physical attraction that causes Blade Dancer to fall in love for Xenilla a few days later once she discovers his hidden compassion. A sentiment that Xenilla is starting to reciprocate given how his blush is brighter than Blade Dancer's.
- Luminescent Blush: Gets an epic one when an employee at a store thinks that she's pregnant with Xenilla's child to the point her porcelain skin turns red. She and Xenilla later share a moment that leaves them both blushing contently. Surprisingly, despite her pale fur making her blush visible, Xenilla is the one with the deepest blush.
- Mistaken for Pregnant: A store clerk thinks that she's pregnant with Xenilla's child when they both start to shop for pregnancy items for Cadence's baby.
- Nice Guy: One might think from her flirting and looks she'd be a bit stuck up, but she's actually quite kind.
- Odd Friendship: Despite the two figuratively and literally butting heads, her sharp wit and strong demeanor earned her Xenilla's respect. Likewise after finding Xenilla injured after his fight with King Sombra, she instantly ran over to him to assist.
- One Head Taller: Blade Dancer is a very tall mare by Equestrian standards. However, compared to Xenilla, her love interest, she looks absolutely tiny.
- Relationship Upgrade: She and Xenilla officially become a couple during the Hearts Warming Special complete with a kiss and something more intimate.
- Satellite Love Interest: Subverted. She's clearly interested in Junior, but he has no clue what flirting or romance is so her advances creep him out. On top of that, Blade Dancer's character gets a very good amount of fleshing out as the fic goes on. Her affection for Junior has waned away in later chapters and her affections have been redirected for Xenilla.
- Secret Keeper: Xenilla later trusts her enough to reveal his true motivation and plans to her.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: What attracts her most to Xenilla is the fact that beneath his villain persona, he's a genuinely kind and compassionate person.
- So Proud of You: Blade Dancer expresses these words to Xenilla after seeing him repel the Storm Kings invasion and his efforts to rebuild Canterlot. She also tells Xenilla that as far as shes concerned, the Kaiju earned his place in Equestria.
- Stalker with a Crush: More like relentlessly pursuing with a crush. Godzilla has a hard time getting clear of her for any length of time. Once reality ensues however, she's thrown out of the loop for a bit upon seeing him in his true form.
- Statuesque Stunner: Blade Dancer has a tall "princess" build not unlike Cadance or Luna. Official art◊ shows that Dancer is only about a head shorter than Godzilla himself in his pony form, whom is slightly taller than Luna. This puts her at roughly the same height as Cadance or a larger stallion.
- Superpowerful Genetics: Her father was an Earth Pony, making her stronger than the average Pegasus.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She's afraid of spiders and letting her friends down.
- You Are Not Alone: After Xenilla tried to scare and push her away due to not wanting to be seen hurting from the mental trauma Sombra put him through, Blade Dancer stays with him to help him calm down.