open/close all folders
Global Defense Force
Marshall Stacker Pentecost
- Big Good: Can be considered this for humanity and most of Terra in general. As the leader of the GDF, he acts as the 'fixed point' about which the rest of the operation can work and steady themselves upon. He's not afraid to have enemy kaiju killed and is willing to do what is necessary to defend the planet, but he tries his best to find the most peaceful option in a world constantly beset by war.
- The Chains of Commanding: He at times expresses weariness from all the tough decisions he has to make, like the incredibly unpopular choice to authorize firing Dimension Tide.
- The Chessmaster: Stacker is very clever and can quickly manipulate the situation to fit the ends he desires.
- Does Not Like Magic: He's very uncomfortable whenever magic is brought up, mostly because he doesn't understand how it works and considers it unpredictable.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Rather than outright dismiss the issue, or punish the Langoud team, it was Stacker's decision to split them off from Monarch to allow both teams to work separately and, thus, improve the overall situation for the GDF's research and development divisions.
- Related in the Adaptation: This version of Pentecost also adopted Miki Saegusa.
- Spared by the Adaptation: Since Junior wrecked the Rift the first time around and Obsidius buried the facility on the other side in lava the second time, he didn't need to sacrifice himself to get the job done, so he survived this universe's version of Pacific Rim.
General Douglas Gordon
- Katanas Are Just Better: He brings his katana with him everywhere he goes, even to council meetings.
- Does Not Like Magic: He expresses annoyance whenever magic is brought up.
- Rule of Cool: He admits this is the main reason why he always carries a katana.
Commander Takaki Aso
- Cool Old Guy: In his 70s now, Aso was a former soldier and founder of the GDF after leading G-Force for over a decade, mentoring the likes of Major Yuki and Stacker Pentecost along the way. Currently retired to the countryside in Hokkaido but still keeps in touch with his successor and carries enough authority he can call him up.
- Humble Pie: Once had total faith in humanity's strength of arms and dominance of the planet. The Millenian attack leaving G-Force's last superweapon low and the reveal his own beloved CCI was involved in dozens of black ops projects that made the situation even worse, with only a timely save by Godzilla Junior saving humanity from extinction stopping the tragedy. Afterwards Aso dismantled CCI and refitted G-Force as the Global Defense Force, citing that Godzilla Junior was not their enemy and thus the name should reflect it. He then stepped down from leadership and retired.
- Mentor Archetype: To Stacker Pentecost, being the founder of the Global Defense Force and last Commander of its predecessor G-Force.
- Old Soldier: He was already edging on his 60s when he retired on the eve of the 2000s.
- Retired Badass
- Reasonable Authority Figure: As per the Heisei series, he immediately got to work when he uncovered the corruption in CCI, and was open to Azusa's suggestion of letting Godzilla Junior through to deal with the Millenians himself.
- Maiden name "Gojo"
- Adult Fear: In the flashback, she returns back from a date with Kazuma Aoki only to find the then toddler aged Godzilla Junior missing from his enclosure. And then she hears him screaming for her...
- Badass Bookworm: A talented biologist.
- Badass Family: And you wonder where Junior got his Nerves of Steel from?
- Beware the Nice Ones: She'll clock you in the face if you mess with her kid. She's also one of the few people who intimidates Stacker Pentecost.
- Happily Married: It's revealed that after the events of the 1993 movie that she married Nice Guy boyfriend Kazuma Aoki.
- Motherly Scientist: Was originally just part of the research team that found Godzilla Junior when he was an egg and happened to be the one in the same room as said egg most of the time. After he imprinted on her, she stepped up her role to his primary caretaker.
- Nerves of Steel: Unflinchingly and defiantly glares back at Trespasser who's about to try and crush her to death. And this is after she intentionally antagonized it into chasing her and not the evacuation ambulances.
- Parental Substitute: Eventually both she and Junior saw each other as mother and son respectively.
- Say Your Prayers: When she hears Godzilla Senior's spirit cry out saying how Godzilla Junior and Xenilla are in mortal danger trying to stop Grand King Ghidorah, she, helpless t do anything else, drops to her knees and prays for her adoptive son.
- Small Role, Big Impact: To a world filled with mechas, kaiju, and psychic humans; one would think an unassuming biologist from Kyoto wouldn't be too important. But by merit for being the muggle foster mother to someone who would go on to be one of the most powerful kaiju of all time, she's probably the main reason Godzilla Junior ended up as the heroic Big Good and not an Eldritch Abomination.
- Team Mom: According to Humanity's Stand, she serves as one to several members of the Global Defense Force.
- Unexpected Character: Thanks to a future version of Flurry Heart, she got to visit Equestria for a day to help her son.
- Action Girl: Readily goes on missions against terrorists and can defeat a room full of gunmen. She was also present at the battle at the beginning of the story proper piloting a mech.
- Half-Human Hybrid: As per the change in canon regarding the origin of the psychics, her father was Mysterian Xilian and her mother was human.
- Happily Adopted: In this universe, Stacker Pentecost adopted her in addition to his canon adopted daughter Mako Mori.
- Mind over Matter: She's skilled enough to knock a room full of gunmen down before they could fire.
- Parental Substitute: Since she helped raise him, Zilla Jr. considers her his mother.
- The Pollyanna: No matter what happens, she believes in the inherent goodness of humanity and that humans and Kaiju can coexist in peace.
- Related in the Adaptation: This version of Miki was adopted by Stacker Pentecost alongside Mako Mori.
- Telepathy: She can read minds, communicate telepathically, and even knock people unconscious.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: Constantly says this to Taiyou.
- Action Survivor: So far, she's been involved in two shootouts and helped take down Taiyou by clocking her with a fire extinguisher.
- Celebrity Survivor: An animator conscripted into the GDF who constantly deals with Kaiju attacks and terrorist situations.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She gets annoyed when Craig asks Tori for a hug and kicks him in the shin. Note that this was after Tori gave her a hug.
- For Want of a Nail: In this universe, she didn't leave My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic after season 2 and was working on season 4 when she got conscripted.
- Happily Married: To Craig, though she sometimes gets annoyed by his enthusiasm to join the GDF.
- Mr. Exposition: She was conscripted mainly to teach the GDF about Equestria after it is discovered that's where the lost Kaiju are.
- Only Sane Man: Seems to be the only character who considers their adventures in the GDF to be crazy and just wants to go home.
- Rant-Inducing Slight: When she finds out the MLP studio is going to have Princess Cadence give birth to an Alicorn, she gets pissed and rants about how it cheapens the mystery and awe of Alicorns, just like when Twilight Sparkle became one.
- Ascended Fanboy: He's very happy to be involved with the GDF, and is a fan of Hannibal Chau.
- Action Survivor: So far, he's been involved in two shootouts.
- Celebrity Survivor: An animator conscripted into the GDF who constantly deals with Kaiju attacks and terrorist situations.
- For Want of a Nail: In this universe, he's apparently helping work on My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
- Half-Human Hybrid: In this universe, he has some alien ancestry.
- Happily Married: To Lauren.
- Mr. Exposition: He was conscripted mainly to teach the GDF about Equestria after it is discovered that's where the lost Kaiju are.
- Super Strength: He has enough to clear rubble.
- Arms Dealer: He sells weapons to whomever pays the right price, mostly to the GDF.
- Even Evil Has Standards: He's not happy when he finds out his subordinates have been selling weapons to terrorists.
- Knife Nut: Wields a butterfly knife.
- Token Evil Teammate: The GDF tolerates his illegal businesses because he is a vital source of intel and equipment.
- Absent-Minded Professor: She often loses her train of thought when trying to explain her work.
- Motherly Scientist: She created Tytanna and treats her like her own daughter.
- No Sense of Direction: She apparently once got lost on a ship she designed herself and couldn't find an office that was right in front of her. Her peers don't trust her in the GDF's headquarters and insist either Sal carries her or she is kept in sight at all times. Lauren and Craig are stunned speechless when she can't find the elevators even though they are right down the hall and are clearly labelled.
- Omnidisciplinary Scientist: Played with. She's part of what seems to be a fairly big team of specialists, but as their leader she's had to learn enough of their fields to be able to understand what they're talking about. Her actual specialty is Genetic Engineering and she is the one who actually created Tytanna.
- Rule of Cool: She commissioned Powered Armor covered with spikes for no practical purpose other than they look cool.
- Too Hungry to Be Polite: After eating nothing but fish and snails for half a year and then not eating for a few days, when she finally gets some meat, she eats it messily.
Salindra "Sal" Darkveil
- Badass Teacher: Taught Tytanna everything she knows about fighting.
- Battle Butler: To Joanne Johnson.
- The Quiet One: She hardly talks, but enjoys teasing her employer and to Pass the Popcorn whenever Joanne finds herself on the spot.
- The Silent Bob: Despite hardly ever making a sound she can still have a full conversation with her boss just by lifting an eyebrow.
- Super Strength: She was able to lift a suitcase full of equipment that an ordinary person couldn't budge, with one arm while carrying Joanne on her shoulder with the other.
Theodore Montague Wylder
- Gadgeteer Genius: The head engineer of the Langoud team, who was the driving force behind understanding Magicite and creating the Magicite reactor.
- Magitek: Strives to develop this based on advanced technology and new research coming in on magic.
- Mental Fusion: Does this with Sara Yuhara to pilot the mecha Aschendaele.
- Momma's Boy: He freely admits this about himself and is not ashamed.
- Cyborg: Her thoughts and memories were uploaded into a Bio-AI and became the brain and soul of Achendaele, the Dragoon Prototype.
- Mental Fusion: Does this with Theodore to pilot the mecha Aschendaele.
- Survivor Guilt: Suffers from this because her life was saved from her illness while others are not.
Tori Regalia Wylder
- Expy: Her name and appearance are intentional references to Toriel Dreemurr.
- The Fair Folk: Word of God is that she's a very old Glaistig, a type of goat-like humanoid Faerie.
- Healing Hands: One of her specialties is healing magic.
- Muggle Foster Parents: Inverted, She's an old Fae, whereas her son, Theodore, is a human.
- Playing with Fire: Her other specialty is fire magic.
- Team Mom: Serves as one for the Langoud crew.
- Tranquil Fury: Goes into this when reminded of the loss of many of her race and that and many other atrocities are caused by humanity's fear of the unknown.
- Victoria's Secret Compartment: Can store very large objects in her cleavage thanks to a spell that makes it Bigger on the Inside.
- Amazonian Beauty: Tytanna's humanoid form is very amazonian in form, heavily muscular but svelte, and can easily be considered beautiful. By those who overlook the fact that's she's a kaiju.
- Boxing Lessons for Superman: Sal taught her several forms of martial arts, swordsmanship, and many other skills that complement her natural strength.
- Child Soldiers: She's only six years old, and yet is now officially a soldier of the GDF.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Technically 'one third human', due to being made from the DNA of Doctor Joanne Johnson, the mysterious 'Leviathan', and Titanosaurus.
- Has Two Mommies: In addition to being created by Joanne Johnson and raised by her and Sal, she also considers Titanosaurus her mother because some of her DNA came from her. Titanosaurus acknowledges her as her daughter.
- The Heart: Far more fun-loving and friendly than most expect and genuinely wants to make the world a happier place.
- Kaiju: Kinda goes without saying at this point.
- Little Bit Beastly: Her human form still has a lot of reptilian and aquatic traits like fins, scales, and a tail.
- Military Superhero: Not a literal example, but she is a soldier in the GDF and is, for all intents and purposes, a Superhero.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Likes to give an air of silliness, making her seem like a 'dumb blond', but it's already been shown that she's much smarter and more dangerous than she seems.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Her eyes glow red when she gets upset.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: She pretends to be an Innocent Fanservice Girl, but it becomes clear she knows exactly what she is doing and enjoys freaking out others by shedding her clothes in her human form.
- Shapeshifting Excludes Clothing: She can't take her clothes with her when she transforms from human to kaiju and back.
- Size Shifter: Both her Kaiju and Human forms can grow or shrink at will. After several tests, Joanne Johnson cannot find a scientific basis for where the extra mass comes and goes as it seems to violate the Square-Cube Law and concludes it is done with magic.
- Statuesque Stunner: Her default human form is a full head taller than even Gordon. She later shrinks down to a more average size to be more comfortable and fit in the GDF's chairs.
- Super Soldier: A genetically engineered human-kaiju hybrid designed and raised to be the GDF's finest.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: As she grows larger, she quickly stops looking human and looks completely saurian. At full size, she closely resembles a leaner version of Titanosaurus. Conversely, once she shrinks to about five meters tall, she quickly takes on human traits and figure. At human size, she looks human aside from a thin tail, snake-like scales, and short claws.
- Younger Than They Look: Her chronological age is only six, but she underwent a process that rapidly aged her to maturity, putting her mental and biological age into her mid twenties. She just claims she's 'twenty five' to avoid scaring people.
- Fatherly Scientist: Helped raise Zilla Jr., who considers him his father.
- Papa Wolf: Although a mere human, he bravely sails to assist his adopted son in fights with enemy Kaiju.
- Sympathy for the Devil: He feels remorse for all slain Kaiju, wishing it were possible to reason with them more often.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: She can't actually see the fourth wall, but she suspects that their world is a fictional universe, so she constantly makes asides hoping to influence the author and readers.
- Playful Hacker: Constantly invades various databases just to browse their info.
- Projected Man: Manifests as a Hard Light hologram that can alter her form and appearance at will.
- Apocalypse Cult: One created by Bagan to accelerate Terra's destruction.
- Boxed Crook: After defecting, she's still held accountable for her crimes and working for the GDF is part of her atonement.
- Defeat Means Friendship: She pretty much becomes inseparable from Miki Saegusa after their fight.
- Freudian Excuse: She was orphaned at a young age by a Kaiju attack and was taken in by Red Dawn, who indoctrinated her in their philosophy that Humans Are the Real Monsters and all the disasters are the humans' fault.
- HeelFace Turn: Eventually defects to the GDF after Miki Saegusa convinces her that Red Dawn has been using her as a pawn.
- Mind over Matter: She can trash an entire room.
- Silly Rabbit, Idealism Is for Kids!: Regularly says this in response to Miki's optimism.
- Telepathy: She can hear other people's telepathic messages even if they aren't directed to her, but she didn't know how to read minds until Miki starts teaching her.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Miki notes that her psychic abilities are strong, but she has not been trained properly in applying them.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: She believes good guys like the GDF operate like the characters in certain action movies she has seen. Miki is quick to point out This Is Reality.
- Dirty Coward: He folds pathetically when held at gunpoint and when later threatened with Mind Rape.
- List of Transgressions: It includes: conspiracy to commit murder, conspiring with known terrorists, attempted murder, gun running, corporate espionage, human trafficking, and poor service hygiene in his restaurant.
- The Resenter: He hates Hannibal Chau for being a rich white guy while he was a servant.
- Revenge Before Reason: Red Dawn ordered him not to go after Hannibal Chau because they needed him, but he tries it anyway, getting captured and giving away valuable intel.
- Artificial Limbs: Has a metal arm with sharp claws.
- Humanoid Abomination: Heavily implied. She doesn't consider herself a human, has unusual powers, and considers a certain Kaiju to be a "traitor".
- Pragmatic Villainy: Didn't want to antagonize Hannibal Chau, since it was better to have him as an unknowing ally instead of an enemy.
- Super Strength: She can Neck Lift a man with ease and impale him with her hand.
- Vampiric Draining: She can drain a person's life force until all is left is a husk.
- Bad Boss: He talks about his dead teammate as easily as discussing the weather.
- We Have Reserves: When one of his teammates complains about their telepath getting killed, he says he can easily be replaced.
- A Father to His Men: One of the few Red Dawn operatives who actually cares about the lives of her subordinates, urging them to escape and then pleading for their lives when her base is raided and defeated.
- Amplifier Artifact: Has a special helmet that extends the range of her telepathy, allowing her to contact Lady Adeline who was in another part of the world.
- Memory Gambit: After Lady Adeline tells her of a certain plan, she erases her own memory of it before getting captured.
- Mind over Matter: She's strong enough to destroy robot drones and redirect grenades.
- Telepathy: She can read minds, communicate with others, and attack people mentally.