Characters in the series.
Voiced by: Spencer GrammerA feared and revered barbarian who has a complicated and mysterious backstory whose an ex-warrior-princess. Wants to save her brother Kendar from the demon Alvin.
- Action Girl: a kick-ass warrior princess turn badass barbarian.
- An Axe to Grind: And a magical, talking one to boot.
- Barbarian Hero: Gets demoted to this from princess in episode one, but embraces the title.
- Big Sister Instinct: Kendar's imprisonment at the hands of Alvin after their mother's murder is what kicks off the plot and Brendar is determined to rescue him.
- Early Installment Character Design Difference: Brendar's design in the transition from pilot to series shifted from a brown outfit which had a loincloth and exposed her midriff to a blue and silver outfit which doesn't expose her midriff and has a miniskirt (but the third episode adds a loin cloth), though her spiky pauldrons and armguards remain largely the same. Her facial features were also slightly softened, with the pilot design having a fiercer expression and larger jawline, whereas the series trades it out for a more neutral expression and slightly pointier chin.
- Expy: Seemingly of Xena.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: While Brendar can be harsh, blunt, and full of herself (even if she can back it up), she's also willing to commend Evan for getting himself out of tight spots, and while she has a hard time admitting it, cares about the people questing alongside her.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: The tough and brash masculine girl to Evan's feminine boy.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Brendar towers over Evan, being nearly twice his height.
- Warrior Princess: she used to be this.
Voiced by: Drew MasseyA troll prince who wants to play music.
- The Bard: Convinces Brendar to let him join her by promising to write songs about her adventures.
- Hilariously Abusive Childhood: Despite being a troll prince, Evan had it rough growing up. His father the king is hard and strict on him, his mother constantly tries to eat him, and his room is one of the top drawers of a giant shelf.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: The goofy and sensible feminine boy to Brendar's masculine girl.
- Nice Guy: He's generally nice to almost everyone he meets, and saves Brendar in the very first episode even though he almost gets hurt in the process.
- No-Sell: In "Blood, Sweat, and Fears", Evan's apparition in the Gray Swamp of Fear has difficulty getting any sort of fearful response out of him, due to Evan either agreeing with the apparition's observations or being too optimistic for the taunts to have any effect on him, which Evan chalks up to being so nervous on a constant basis. Eventually, the apparition gives up and willingly does a duet with Evan.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Evan is comparatively very short next to Brendar, only reaching about her waist.
Voiced by: Allan TrautmanThe most powerful wizard in the tri-state area.
- Berserk Button: Saying he's a bad influence on his daughter is a good way to get him mad.
- Dark Is Not Evil: He is a wizard in a dark purple robe, lives in a creepy castle full of skeleton minions, but doesn't have an evil bone in his body.
- Demonic Possession: this happens to him in the episode Pictures of Boo.
- Overprotective Dad: He cares a great deal about his daughter.
- Wizard Beard: He has a beard which he combs when he's nervous. He also states a wizard without a beard is a ridiculous concept.
- Wizards Live Longer: His daughter claims he has a life expectancy of 300 years.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: He is afraid of snakes.
Voiced by: Sarah Sarang OhHorus' daughter who was turned into an owl.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: She constantly sasses her father.
- Cursed with Awesome: Stacey doesn't mind at all being an owl because of all the perks: night-vision, sharp talons, and being able to poop on whoever she wants. After all, she wanted her mother to turn her into an owl.
- Cute Owl: She's pretty adorable.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Spell My Name with an "S": She is surprised that a Psychic knew that her name had an e in it.
Voiced by: Gina YashereBrendar's talking axe.
- Black Bead Eyes: He has these, unlike most puppets.
- Demoted to Extra: Implied. Brendar is too scared to allow him to come along on quests. Evan is concerned about the ten years he spent locked up. He himself is thrilled at being shown how to do chores at The Goiter.
- Extreme Omnivore: Upon being freed and taken back to The Goiter to rest, he remarks that he finally knows what bacon tastes like and that he really enjoys it. When Evan points out that what he's eating is actually a Flip-Flop, he replies that it's still tasty.
- Eccentric Artist: According to him there was little more to do aside from draw during his prolonged captivity. His work is seen when the questers enter his room in Alvin's Lair.
The Undead Army
Voiced by: Allan TrautmanThe unfortunate general of the undead army.
- Bad Boss: He treats his minions rather poorly, even using them as pack dogs, although they don't treat him much better.
- Butt-Monkey: While he does put up a decent fight against Brendar, he literally loses his head by the end of the pilot, almost ends up as a meal in the second episode, is picked on by his own henchmen in the third episode, and in general nobody really takes him seriously; when he finally tracks Brendar down she doesn't even remember him.
- Dem Bones: Like the rest of his army, he is a skeleton.
- A Lizard Named "Liz": A skeleton named Skelly.
- Losing Your Head: Lost it as early as the first episode by Brendar, and it takes him a while before he puts himself together, so to speak.
- Unknown Rival: He spends much of the season trying to track down Branda for revenge when she beat him up in the first episode. Brenda doesn't know this for most of the season, and by the time he meets up with her again she forgot who he was.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: In "Season of the Witch", he almost manages to catch up to Brendar to enact his revenge, but by the time he makes it to the Gnarlia's castle, she's not only already left, but he can't even get past Steve, while the gnomes who followed him are able to due to their names being on the list.
- Dark Is Not Evil: They serve General Skelly, but also help out Horus and later Brendar.
- Dem Bones: Like their leader they are walking talking skeletons.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristic: Averted for the most part, most of the skeletons with feminine names and voices are just skeletons. But there is an exception of one skeleton that wears a wig and a dress.
The Royal Order
- Hate Sink: She acts as a un-repented jerk to her own subjects and strips Brendar of her warrior-princess status her identity as Alvin goes far beyond that.
- Kick the Dog: As queen she forces one of her warriors to shave half her head for not cutting a ribbon cleanly.
- Light Is Not Good: Her outfit is white with some blue and her room is white and covered in light in most of her appearance, but is actually a tyrant of a queen and turns out to be Alvin.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: Forces a warrior princess to cut her hair off just for failing to cut a ribbon.
- Walking Spoiler: The episode entitled "The Queen Is Back" reveals that Shimmereen is The Demon Alvin.
- Alpha Bitch: Very much so, especially to Brendar.
- The Bad Guy Wins: In "My Sharon-Ah", she not only humiliates Brendar, but also takes her title.
- Blondes Are Evil: Though evil might be stretching it...For now.
- The Rival: To Brendar.
- Hazy Feel Turn: Even though she saved Brendar, she admits it's more out of revenge.
- HeelFace Turn: It's Sharon who saves Axe from being melted and frees Brendar from the dungeon along with her friends.
- Mistreatment-Induced Betrayal: After getting the shush ribbon twice from Shimmereen, Sharon decides that she's had it with the Queen's cruelty and helps Brendar and the others escape.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: She tells the queen that she's leaving along with Brendar and company, adding that she'll fight her if necessary. It becomes even more apparent when it's revealed that Queen Shimmereen is Alvin.
- Ambiguous Gender: Brendar initially refers to Alvin as "he", but in "When Dragons Cry" they're referred to as "she". It's revealed that she is Queen Shimmereen.
- Big Bad: Of the first season.
- Big Red Devil: Her true form has red skin and horns and bat-like wings.
- Black Eyes of Evil: Her sclera in her demon form are black.
- Card-Carrying Villain: In her Villain Song she states that she liked being evil because it feels good.
- Evil Has a Bad Sense of Humor: She gets a kick out of showing Brendar a recording of her mother's last words and then offers to replay it in slow motion, describing it as hilarious.
- Evil Sounds Raspy: In her demon form she has a scratchy voice.
- Gender-Blender Name: Alvin is a masculine name even though the Demon appears to be a woman.
- Kick the Dog: In her Villain Song she mentions that she poisons cats. She also mocks the death of Brendar's mother in front of her.
- Not Quite Dead: A piece of her tail still survives and is mobile.
- One-Winged Angel: As she is transforming into a demon, she gains the features one by one, starting with fangs, then black sclera, her horns, her costume and claws, her tail, and then the rest.
- Pet the Dog: Apparently she let Kendar have pizza on Mondays, although she threatens she won't be doing this if she kidnaps him again.
- Tom the Dark Lord: The demon who murdered Brendar's mother and kidnapped her brother is named Alvin.
- You Killed My Father: She killed Brendar's mother.
Voiced by: James MurrayEvan's father and the king of trolls.
- Abusive Parents: He forces his son to sleep in a cupboard and belittles his dream of wanting to become a musician.
- Asshole Victim: Suffered an unpleasant fate of being eaten by his wife, while horrific to look at, he had it coming after showing how unpleasant he is.
- Hate Sink: Due to being an abusive parent who belittles his son and acts petty and dishonest.
- Kick the Dog: He promises Evan he will give him the Troll Pass if Evan gives up his lute. He then proceeds to eat the lute in front of Evan and then eats the Troll Pass.
- Abusive Parents: A bit downplayed, while she does try to eat her son, she has some level of care.
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: Despite constantly trying to eat Evan, her own son, she also genuinely cares about him to the point of going against her husband when he goes back on his word to help Evan despite him being fully willing to give up his musical dreams.
- Good Parents: Downplayed. She is nice to her son, despite trying to eat him and actually helps her son get to the bridge.
- Mama Bear: She will attack anyone who is a jerk to her son, that includes her husband.
- Abusive Parents: Subverted, while she did turn her daughter into an Owl, her daughter actually asked her to be turned into an owl, and actually cares about her own daughter.
- Witch Classic: Has the hat and
- Witch Species: It's mentioned that she was born with powers, unlike Horus who had to learn them.