The main character of the story, Yuliy seeks revenge against vampires for the death of his family. Normally calm and reserved, he is utterly ruthless when fighting his hated enemies.
- Blade on a Stick: Uses a long, double-headed scythe that can fold up for storage.
- But Not Too Foreign: It's implied that Yuliy is half-Japanese and half-Russian. His father and mother's given names were Alexei and Sachi respectively.
- Cain and Abel: The Abel to Mikhail's Cain. Yuliy is part of a group dedicated to killing vampires, while Mikhail is a vampire with orders to kill Jaegers.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Vampires massacred the people of his village, including his mother. His older brother Mikhail sacrificed himself to hold back a group of vampires, allowing Yuliy to escape. Then it turned out that Mikhail had survived, but had become a vampire.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: States that his only reason for living is revenge. He doesn't know what to do with his life without this goal.
- Disappeared Dad: Yuily's father is conspicuously absent from the flashback to his childhood. That's because his father had left years ago with the Ark of Sirius.
- Daddy Had a Good Reason for Abandoning You: His father left years ago to seal away the Ark of Sirius, but never returned. He sacrificed his life to create a barrier that would protect the Ark from any non-Sirius that tried to access it.
- Doomed Hometown: Vampires destroyed his village when he was a kid.
- Friend to All Children: Shows a kind, patient side of himself around children.
- Fur Against Fang: He's a werewolf with a bloody vendetta against vampires.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: His eyes glow when he unleashes his Sirius powers.
- Half-Human Hybrid: His father was a Sirius, while his mother was a human outsider that married into the clan.
- Healing Factor: Heals from a gunshot to the shoulder and an steep drop into a river in just two days. He similarly heals from a stab wound in the shoulder in a couple of days.
- Hot-Blooded: When fighting vampires, Yuliy's calm demeanor falls away. He has a tendency of jumping headlong into fights without his fellow Jaegers, no matter how dangerous the situation.
- Locked into Strangeness: The white part of his hair spreads when he uses his Sirius abilities. It recedes back to normal once he calms down though.
- The Nose Knows: He has an impressive sense of smell that allows him to instantly identify vampires.
- Oblivious to Love: Ryoko clearly has a massive crush on him, but Yuliy barely pays her any attention. The other Jaegers have figured it out, but Yuliy remains oblivious.
- Occult Blue Eyes: Yuliy's blue eyes glow brightly when his Sirius powers activate.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Yuliy is a Sirius, meaning he has currently incredible athletic abilities and super senses. According to supplemental material, Sirius have lost their ability to transform after generations of interbreeding with humans, but he is able to enter a berserker state that gives him glowing eyes and predatory claws and fangs.
- Parental Substitute: Sees Willard as a father. His relationship with Willard gave him a reason to live that wasn't killing all vampires.
- Really Royalty Reveal: Downplayed. Yuliy is descended from the royal line through his father. The Sirius didn't place importance on social status, so he was never informed of his lineage nor was he treated differently. However, only a royal descendant can seal/unseal the Ark of Sirius.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Vampires destroyed his village and killed his family, causing Yuliy to swear revenge against all vampires.
- Skunk Stripe: Possesses a streak of white hair on his temple. Otherwise, his hair is black.
- The Stoic: He's usually pretty quiet and keeps to himself. He becomes more animated when fighting vampires.
- Unstoppable Rage: Goes apeshit after learning of Willard's part in Dogville's destruction and being taunted by Kershner. He easily defeats the vampire despite taking a sword through the shoulder.
- Volcanic Veins: Bright blue veins appear around his eyes and hands when he goes berserk.
- Wouldn't Hurt a Child: Hesitates when he's about to stab one of the vampire twins in the face. This allows her to get away. Yuliy has never shown any compunction about harming an adult-sized vampire (except for his brother), so this is unusual behaviour for him.
A former archaeologist, Willard now leads Yuliy's Jaeger team. He also acts as a part-time adviser at V Shipping Company's historic preservation department.
- A Father to His Men: Willard cares deeply for his team. He must constantly balance the success of a mission with the well-being of his team.
- The Atoner: He translated a book revealing the location of the Ark of Sirius, allowing the vampires to find Dogville. He takes Yuliy in because he felt guilty for enabling the massacre on the village. He also feels bad to encouraging Yuliy to focus so single-mindedly on vengeance.
- Da Chief: Leader of a Jaeger team, Willard is strict and professional. He dislikes Yuliy's recklessness because of the hazards to his ward's safety.
- Face Death with Dignity: Calmly awaits a killing blow from Yuliy. Lucky for him that Yuliy pulled the blow.
- High-Class Glass: Sports a monocle.
- Parental Substitute: Seems to function as this to Yuliy. Willard rescued a young Yuliy after the latter's village was burnt to the ground. When Yuliy refused to eat due to a desire to meet his deceased family again, Willard gives Yuliy the motivation to live and continue on. Even when Yuliy has fully grown, Willard still expresses concern over Yuliy's well being and cautions him against being too reckless.
- The Leader: Willard is the oldest and most mature of the Jaegers. He coordinates his team's efforts and serves as a liaison with the V Shipping Company.
Willard's right-hand woman and firearms expert.
- Action Girl: Regularly fights vampires alongside her teammates. As Willard's second-in-command, she helps create and execute plans of attack.
- Ambiguously Brown: Her skin is darker than the other characters'. The official site states that she is Hispanic.
- Cleavage Window: The straps of her outfit create this.
- Cool Big Sis: Acts as this to her team. She likes to tease the other members of her team and looks out for them.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Her right shoulder is covered while her left shoulder is left bare. The right sleeve ends in a glove, but the left sleeve has a cuff.
- The Gunslinger: Her specialty. She can use a variety of firearms for whatever best suits the current situation.
- Hartman Hips: Dorothea has quite the hourglass shape.
- Impossibly-Low Neckline: Her outfit exposes a lot of cleavage.
- Nerves of Steel: Dorothea keeps a cool head no matter the situation.
- Number Two: Willard's trusted second-in-command. She helps Willard gather information and oversees missions.
- Sexy Backless Outfit: Part of her upper back is exposed by her outfit.
- The Smurfette Principle: The only woman in the team.
A young member of the Jaegers with a sharp tongue and a grudge against the Sirius.
- Dark and Troubled Past: His parents were killed in front of his eyes by a crazed Sirius. Phillip dislikes Yuliy because of the latter's connection to the Sirius, but understands that Yuliy himself had nothing to do with his parents' death.
- Deadpan Snarker: By far the snarkiest member of the Jaegers.
- The Gunslinger: Also specializes in guns.
- Revenge Before Reason: Averted. Phillip may hate the Sirius, but he doesn't blame Yuliy nor seek revenge against his teammate.
- Senseless Violins: Carries his firearms in violin cases. Sometimes, there's actually a violin in the case!
- Teens Are Short: He's the shortest member of the team. Makes sense given that he's only 14 years old.
A tall and muscular Irishman with an easygoing personality. He specializes in close-range combat and setting traps for vampires.
- Affectionate Gesture to the Head: Frequently does this to Phillip, who doesn't appreciate the gesture.
- Big Brother Instinct: Looks out for Yuliy and Phillip.
- The Big Guy: The largest of the team, Fallon is both very tall and muscular. He's not Dumb Muscle though! He's quite intelligent and regularly helps the others in gathering information.
- Fiery Redhead: Averted. He has red hair, but he's very laidback and friendly.
- Fighting Irish: Downplayed. Fallon is of Irish descent and specializes in close-range fighting, but he doesn't pick fights. He only engages in combat when confronting vampires.
- The Gadfly: Likes poking fun at Phillip just to get a reaction.
- Trap Master: One of his specialties.
Yuliy's older brother and closest friend. Mikhail was thought to have perished when vampires attacked the village. Years later, it turns out that Mikhail has not only survived, but is now a vampire himself.
- Absolute Cleavage: What remains of his shirt reveals his chest and his stomach, as well as the scars decorating it.
- Bare Your Midriff: His shirt is ripped up, exposing his midriff.
- Big Brother Instinct: Looked after his little brother in his youth. Even as a vampire, it seems like Mikhael is still looking out for Yuliy. He defies direct orders to kill Yuliy twice despite having clear opportunity to do so both times.
- Cain and Abel: The Cain to Yuliy's Abel. Mikhail is a vampire, while Yuliy has sworn to destroy all vampires.
- Ultimately averted. As mentioned above, he refuses to kill his little brother despite having ample opportunity to do so several times.
- Cold Sniper: He specializes in knife fighting, but also uses rifles. He calmly shoots Yuliy, his beloved little brother, in order to stop the Jaeger from killing Agatha.
- Creepy Blue Eyes: Has a pair of pale gray-blue sunken eyes, with dark bags underneath.
- Daddy Had a Good Reason for Abandoning You: Mikhail's father left years ago to seal away the Ark of Sirius, but never returned. He sacrificed his life to create a barrier that would protect the Ark from any non-Sirius that tried to access it.
- Dragon with an Agenda: Mikhail wants the Ark for himself, but only so that he can kill Yevgraf.
- Evil Albino: Even before he became a vampire, Mikhail had pale skin, blue eyes and white hair. As a vampire, he's a ruthless killer with orders to kill any Jaegers that he comes across. Although it turns out that he's more of an Anti-Hero than straight up evil. Mikhail was made a vampire against his will and cannot directly disobey Yevgraf. He hates his vampire sire with a passion and wants to kill Yevgraf. He also shows no desire to actually kill or otherwise harm his little brother.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Used to have a neater, shorter haircut in his youth. Now he sports a long, unkempt undercut, showing how much he's changed from the trustworthy brother of Yuliy's youth.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: When he was younger, he had a scar running through an eye. After he becomes a vampire, he gains many new ragged scars on his face and upper body.
- Goth: Has this aesthetic, with his ragged black trenchcoat, tight black pants, black Fingerless Gloves, oversized black boots, and ripped-up shirt.
- Half-Human Hybrid: His father was a Sirius, while his mother was a human outsider that married into the clan. Of course, as a vampire his half-human heritage no longer applies.
- I Hate You, Vampire Dad: Desires the Ark so that he can kill Yevgraf, the man that turned him into a vampire.
- Knife Nut: Dual wields two knives.
- Really Royalty Reveal: Downplayed. As Yuliy's brother, Mikhail is descended from the royal line through his father. The Sirius didn't place importance on social status, so he was never informed of his lineage nor was he treated differently. However, only a royal descendant can seal/unseal the Ark of Sirius. Unfortunately for Mikhail, his status as a vampire prevents him from interacting with the Ark.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: His eyes turn red when he reveals his vampiric nature to Yuliy. Mikhail later threatens Yuliy, stating that their familial bond will not prevent conflict should they meet again.
- His eyes are usually blue, however, instead of being permanently red like many other vampires. He's a lot less condescending of humans than the other vampires and has actually been plotting against Yevgraf the whole time.
A vampire noble. She appears beautiful and graceful in public, but acts in a rougher manner when showing her true self.
- An Arm and a Leg: Loses an arm and a leg to Yuliy. She gets a bladed prosthetic for her leg, but doesn't receive one for her arm.
- Ax-Crazy: Enjoys slaughtering humans.
- Blood Knight: She enjoys her fight with the Jaegers, up until Yuliy starts getting the upper hand.
- The Dragon: To Kershner.
- Stripperific: Her outfit in her later appearances exposes Underboobs and her entire abdomen.
- A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing: Appears to be your average woman at first glance, but quickly reveals herself to be a vicious monster when threatened.
- Wolverine Claws: Sprouts long claws from her fingertips when fighting.
A vampire noble working for Yevgraf. He is the president of the Alma Trading Company.
- The Dragon: Is this to Yevgraf. He is in Japan in search of the Ark of Sirius on Yevgraf's orders.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: His eyes glow red when he attacks the Jaegers. He easily defeats Willard and gives Yuliy some trouble before the latter's Rage Breaking Point.
- Royal Rapier: Kershner is a high-ranking vampire noble and uses a rapier in combat.
- Smug Snake: He looks down on humans and Sirius, considering them little more than animals. He spends most of his fight with Willard and Yuliy taunting them, but quickly falls to an enraged Yuliy.
A vampire prince. He leads his clan into war against humans in an effort to save his dying clan. He searches for the Arc of Sirius.
- Big Bad: He was responsible for the destruction of Yuliy's village and the ongoing conflict with the Jaegers.
- Classy Cravat: Wears a red cravat.
- Looks Like Cesare: Dark hair, deathly-pale complexion, Creepy Shadowed Undereyes and dressed in black? Check, check, and double check.
- People Puppets: Can control Mikhail's body via the blood bond that they share. Mikhail's still in possession of his mind when this happens, but he can't resist Yevgraf's control.
- Vampire Monarch: As stated above, he is a vampire prince and the leader of his clan.
A mad scientist that's teamed up with Yevgraf to fulfill a lifelong desire.
- Bald of Evil: Mostly bald, except for a long mane of hair in the back.
- Eye Scream: Appears to have lost his right eye.
- Facial Horror: A significant part of his face seems to have been ripped off. He doesn't even have a nose anymore!
- Gibbering Genius: He loves rambling on and on about the sheer genius of his work, even though practically no one listens to him. He even spends a good few minutes waxing poetic about his newest creations when confronting Yuliy and Bishop.
- Labcoat of Science and Medicine: Wears a labcoat with a built-in apron.
- Large Ham: Klarwein is very excitable, babbling and gesticulating wildly. He even throws a foot-stomping tantrum at Mikhail after the vampire destroyed his weapon.
- Mad Scientist: He's completely off his gourd and working on a monstrous weapon for the vampires.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Calls his creations 'honeys' and 'sweethearts', despite the fact that they're horrible amalgamations of various mismatched and mutilated body parts.
- Scary Teeth: He doesn't appear to be a vampire, but has a mouth full of shark-like teeth.
A pair of vampire twins that serve Yevgraf.
- Creepy Twins: Asides from the obligatory vampire pallor and deep eyebags, they talk in tandem and enjoy being vampires way too much.
- Enfant Terrible: The twins appear to be young girls, although being vampires it's likely that they're Older Than They Look. They're just as vicious as the adult-sized vampires though.
- Giggling Villain: They giggle constantly while fighting Yuliy and taunting Mikhail.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Larissa keeps her hair loose, except for a braided section; Tamara has pigtails. Tamara's dress includes a red ribbon at her neck, which Larissa lacks.
- Single-Minded Twins: They don't have any distinguishing personality traits and are always presented together.
- Wolverine Claws: Like Agatha, they can extend their nails into claws when attacking.
The Japanese Imperial Army
A secret agent of the Military Affairs Bureau in the Ministry of the Imperial Army. He is investigating the murders committed by vampires without knowing that vampires exist.
- Big Damn Heroes: Shows up in the nick of time with the army and TANKS to fend off Kershner's attack.
- Inspector Javert: He's aware that V Shipping Company and Alma Trading Company are involved in the events occurring around the city, but doesn't understand the true nature of these events. He pursues leads on both companies, causing him to interfere with the Jaegers and the vampires.
- Grows out of this after learning about the existence of vampires.
- Intrepid Reporter: Pretends to be this. This allows him to have an excuse for why a civilian would be in suspicious places.
- Seeker Archetype: His role in the military involves investigating mysteries and attaining intelligence.
V Shipping Company
The daughter of the president of V Shipping Company. Yuliy's team is staying at her house while in Japan. She's brimming with curiosity and fascinated with Willard's team, especially Yuliy.
- Action Girl: When confronted by a vampire, she yanks out an officer's sword and beheads the vampire in a single stroke. She also arms herself with a sword when vampires attack her mansion. She ultimately doesn't need to fight, but she was completely prepared to throw herself into battle.
- Ojou: She is the only child of a wealthy family. The Jaegers refer to her by this title out of respect.
- Nerves of Steel: Remains completely calm when vampires attack her mansion and set it on fire. She even prepares herself to fight the vampires off to allow her father and the maids to escape if need be.
- Spirited Young Lady: Wealthy, polite and well-mannered, but also intelligent, observant and a talented swordswoman. She's not afraid to stand up for herself and occasionally clashes with her father's overprotective nature.
- Spoiled Sweet: Despite her wealthy upbringing, Ryoko is kind and polite. She treats Willard's team with nothing but respect.
- Stalker with a Crush: Follows Yuliy on a mission out of curiosity and jealousy (because Dorothea was with him).
- Pursues the Jaegers all the way to London. Ostensibly, this is to learn more about the vampires and the attack on her house. The fact that Yuliy is in London is definitely not the reason that she's going.