Hamilcar "Hamil" Barca
The sole survivor of Hispania's royal bloodline.
- Battle Couple: With Tarte.
- The Chessmaster: Very good at making plans. Even Izebel's plans to thwart him all came from Hamil.
- The Good King
- Heroes Prefer Swords: His primary weapon.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Plays a fool out of himself for seven whole years and was even willing to sacrifice his life if it meant that things would get better. Tarte nearly getting executed changes his mind.
- Oblivious to Love: Hamil. How thick can you get?
- The Paragon: His Aura Project is to revive all lost and suppressed knowledge and share and spread them far and wide. His empire will be peaceful and rich not by loot, conquest, and military force, but by abundance in agriculture, industry, and trade.
- Reincarnation: He is the reincarnation of Eshmun
A girl from the spirit world. Though called a deity, she is in truth a daughter of the elf tribe, who walked the earth before mankind.
- Bare Your Midriff: Tarte. The only female to do so. And she's a melee tank. Probably has something to do with the Goddess thing.
- Battle Couple: With Hamil.
- Big Sister Mentor: To Hamil. She was also Eshmun's mentor.
- Constantly Curious: Being a God/Elf, she has not had the chance to experience the world much.
- Glacier Waif: Justified in that she's the Goddess of War.
- Really Royalty Reveal: As the daughter of the leaders of Ba'al.
- Really 700 Years Old: Her father fought and died in the Great War as part of Arawn's Royal Guards a thousand years ago. She herself remember making a pact with legendary king Eshmun, something that took place hundreds of years ago.
The god of war.
- Blood Lust: His "Tear your enemy to pieces. Eat their flesh. Drink their blood." is Not Hyperbole.
- One-Man Army
- War God
A girl acknowledged as a temple priestess.
Hamil's close friend, though "partner in crime" may be more apt.
- Lovable Coward: He always suggests running or surrendering at the first sign of trouble.
- Plucky Comic Relief
Headmaster of the village's vocational school.
The caretaker of the fortress-city of Tartessos.
- Hologram: Kleito's form of a little floating girl. Her magic is supplied by Tartessos. The range seems unlimited, but she can teleport only within the city walls.
- Our Dragons Are Different
Acting governor of Hispania, and commander of the Imperial Army of the western border.
- Alas, Poor Villain
- The Baroness: She's half playing the part, and half Death Seeker.
- Les Collaborateurs: On Hasdrubal's orders.
- Dark Action Girl
- Death Seeker
- Deceptive Disciple: To Hasdrubal. Enneads and Monomachus says she betrayed him to take over his place as Governor-General of Hispania. He had ordered her to do both.
- Evil Laugh: She's half pretending and half Laughing Mad.
- FaceHeel Turn: She turned on Hasdrubal seven years before the start of the story and joined The Empire. He ordered her to.
A martial-arts instructor of a vocational school.
A daughter of Imperial nobility.
A former slave who works as Elissa's servant.
- Battle Couple: With Elissa.
- Happiness in Slavery
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Daphnis crossdresses so he can follow Elissa everywhere as her bodyguard. He fools everyone at first sight, and makes the goddess of war and barbarian princess complain about how to be ladylike.
A daughter of a tribe living near the Rhenus River fortress.
The borderlands platoon leader who protects the Rhenus River fortress near the western border of the Empire.
An Imperial knight in Izebel's council of advisers.
A bureaucrat who was around at the birth of the Divine Empire
- Defeat Means Friendship
- Punch-Clock Villain: Originally head bureaucrat, member of the reform party, and Hasdrubal's ally at court. Now she's an inspector of the ruins of the aqueducts outside Qart Hadast and does the bare minimum to earn a living.
The borderlands platoon leader who protects the Gistel River fortress near the eastern border of the Empire.
- 11th-Hour Ranger: He shows up with his army to take part in the final assault on Alba Longa.