open/close all folders
Miles "Tails" Prower
- Adaptational Dumbass: Tails shows no aptitude for or interest in technology, despite being a Gadgeteer Genius in most versions of Sonic canon.
- Butt-Monkey: Tails can't catch a break. He's mocked to tears by trolls in the beginning, has his ass kicked by Alex, and his best friend Sonic dies.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: His worst attribute, according to Kermit. Tails is very easily angered, so he doesn't have the patience to think through his actions.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: As in the games, he's best pals with Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Horrible Judge of Character: The Defenders are evil, and he fails to connect the number of unstable characters and the fact that they kidnapped him and are involved in a number of duplicitous scams with their evilness.
- Instant Expert: What makes him the chosen one is his ability to learn new abilities incredibly quickly.
- Tag Along Kid: During the opening chapters he serves mostly as the sidekick to other characters like Sonic and Shadow.
- Supporting Protagonist: He initially starts off mostly just following along with other's characters plans. Subverted as he gradually becomes more independent in later chapters.
- The Slacker: While he learns new skills quickly, anything that he doesn't understand quickly soon bores him, leaving his training scattershot and uneven.
- The Chosen One: He's the fabled warrior Pac Man saw in his dream, the only one capable of defeating the Troll King.
- The Hero: Obviously.
Sonic the Hedgehog
- Actual Pacifist: The only one in the comic who seems to think using violence against the Trolls is overreacting. Right up until they say his girlfriend has a penis and is a slut.
- Berserk Button: Insulting his girlfriend, usually by saying she Really Gets Around. although this turns out to be REALLY justified, as being repeatedly raped has caused her to have serious hangups about sex.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Is fairly easygoing and makes an effort to befriend the trolls, but is prone to brutally murdering those who oppose him when he gives in to his rage
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: "Sorry Tails if this looks Gay to the viewers"
- Decoy Protagonist: The protagonist and namesake of the whole Sonic mythos gets plucked like a grape four chapters in.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today??: At first Sonic uses the "I have a girlfriend" variant as a weak comeback to being called a faggot by the Trolls but then keeps up bringing up his girlfriend and heterosexuality up randomly throughout the comic... even to the readers of the comic.Sonic: I'm so mad. I'm gonna have sex with my girlfriend so I won't be so mad.
- As it turns out, he actually isn't lying about having a girlfriend. However, we don't learn this until after Sonic is killed.
- Killed Off for Real: By the Troll King in one hell of a one sided fist fight
- Off with His Head!: How the Troll King finishes him off after a brutal beatdown.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Goes on one after Alex. The Troll King is able to put it to a screeching halt.
- Spanner in the Works: His overall contribution to the plot directly is pretty small, but his murder of Eggman actually damages the troll's plans so severely that its effects are still felt 10 chapters later.
- Sacrificial Lion: Sonic makes attempts to be the moral center of the story. And then he tried to fight the Troll King
- Superpowered Evil Side: Evil Sonic is more than willing to kill trolls and seems to have around the same power as Super Sonic.
- The Worf Effect: Sonic is unceremoniously killed off by the Troll King in order to establish how much of a threat he is.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Sonic seems to think he's in a Saturday Morning Cartoon. He couldn't be more wrong.
- Comforting the Widow: Attempts to do this to Amy, following the death of Sonic. Shadow is quick to call him out on it.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Shadow but this seems to be waning since Knuckles' stupidity keeps getting in Shadow's way and Knuckles gets tired of Shadow's Ax-Crazy tendencies.
- Hidden Depths: A complete stoner, to the point that he's almost always high off his ass and causing no small amount of his own trouble like shooting Teemo into the side of a mountain and wasting everybody's time. He's also been working a long-term plan to utterly dismantle the Cheeto Man's prostitution rings, even if it gets himself killed in the process, and totally spells it out to Tails just how evil Cheeto Man really is.
- Genius Ditz: Despite his questionable mental facilities, he does use the Smart Weed to find a troll base.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: He basically never fights at all in the story and mostly is around for comedic value. Then his plans to undermine the Cheeto Man start up, and he barely manages to fight off Chester with his own brute strength and a near-death situation, with the implication that he's stuck in full serious mode now if he wants to stay alive any longer.
- Love Confession: He admits he actually had feelings for Amy for a long while, but by this point he's also fully aware that she's such a Broken Bird that it's a meaningless gesture and she was going to die from volunteering for his plans to begin with.
- My God, What Have I Done?: The first time he really expresses this isn't at anything physical he's done, but rather encouraging Amy to at least explain some of her Dark and Troubled Past to Tails. The problem? She admits for the first time that Eggman raped her repeatedly. Even Knuckles, high as a kite as usual, is horrified at hearing this for the first time and realizes he really shouldn't have gotten her talking about it. Considering his own feelings for her, it only makes it worse.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Even when he is high, Knuckles is a lot smarter than one might give him credit for.
- The Stoner: He smokes more weed than anyone else in the cast, except possibly Cheeto Man. He even stumbled into a troll camp while already high as a kite and proceeded to get even more baked with the trolls.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Gives one to Shadow after he slaughters an entire village of innocent civilians under the presumption that they are trolls.
- Gives another to Tails for being so extremely oblivious to the Defenders not being the good people they say they are. When Tails completely fails to get the picture, Knuckles gets sick of beating around the bush and shows Tails the hooker ditch just to finally get the point across and hammer it into the kid's head.
The Troll Slaiyers
Shadow the Hedgehog/The Awesome
- Anti-Hero: Type IV. Shadow does seem to care for his friends, but he believes that the only way to deal with trolls is to brutally murder them, and he relishes in doing so. After the failure of his fucking awesome plan, along with the betrayal of Mario, he becomes a type V.
- Blood Knight: Absolutely revels in the deaths of trolls. "It's all cool man. I know all about the taste for blood."
- Defector from Decadence: Was originally a troll up until he found out how much he "trully" hated them.
- Even Evil Has Standards: While not exactly evil, he is one hell of an asshole. Still when Knuckles talks about hitting on Amy after Sonic dies, he calls Knuckles out on being such a jerk.
- General Ripper: Big time.
- Kick the Dog: Slaughters an entire village of innocent trolls in a fit of rage. Even worse, it turns out it wasn't even a troll village.
- Earlier than that there's his brutal murder of Daffy and Bugs. Even Alex calls him out on it
- Hair-Trigger Temper: His reaction to Bugs foiling his plan after murdering Daffy, is to continuously shoot him in the head so much that his brain starts spilling out. Shadow only stops when Mario steps in.
- Knife Nut: One of his preferred methods of dealing with trolls involves slaughtering them with a knife.
- Knight Templar: Goes way too far in the name of troll killing as the comic goes on.
- Nominal Hero: Shadow's not necessarily the nicest guy, but since he hates the trolls, he's considered a good guy. But after the failure of his fucking awesome plan, along with characters like Silver and Tails getting a more direct role in the story, we start to root for Shadow a bit less due to his increasingly brutal actions.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: His whole gimmick.
- Pet the Dog: Despite being a violent, amoral, ill tempered asshole, Shadow does seem to care for his friends, and according to him, his entire motivation for killing Mario and the trolls stems from a desire to avenge his fallen friends.
- Revenge Before Reason: After the death of Sonic, along with Mario's betrayal, Shadow has become so hellbent on destroying the trolls and Mario that he's resorted to multiple irrational actions such as slaughtering an entire village under the suspicion that it's citizens are trolls,
- Villain Protagonist: A hair's breath away from this, considering that he constantly hatches poorly-thought out schemes that end up killing his friends, killed an entire village of innocent people. and is rarely demonstrated to be much better than the trolls.
Mario/The Fire Power
- Anti-Villain: He betrayed The Troll Slaiyers and killed his parents, but it's hard not to feel a little bad for him given his childhood.
- Boomerang Bigot: Has spent years fighting trolls, and is the son of one.
- Et Tu, Brute??: His betrayal and infiltration of the Troll Slaiyers is what destroys them
- Freudian Excuse: He's obsessed with killing the trolls because his parents trolled him.
- I Let You Win: He allows Luigi to beat him in a staged fight in order to have him infiltrate the trolls.
- Manly Tears: Sheds them when he realizes that his plan at revenge has led to the death of his brother.
- Not So Different: Despite coming into conflict with Shadow both of them are very similar. They both are willing to go to extreme lengths to reach their goals, are both motivated by revenge, and both create plans that ultimately lead to hurting those they care about.
- Playing Both Sides: He helps fire up the conflict between the Troll Slayers and the Trolls in order to get Luigi to infiltrate the Trolls and help him get revenge on them.
- PowerUp: Uses all of them from the games as different fighting forms.
- The Lancer: To Shadow before he betrays the group
- The Unfettered: Mario will do anything to get a chance to kill the Troll King, even if it involves sacrificing the lives of innocents.
Hulk/ The Power
- Badass Bookworm: Likes to read whenever he thinks, a nod towards his Bruce Banner side.
- Cast Filler: The only reason he talks at all is so he doesn't just sit around and do nothing.
- Mr. Exposition: About half of his panel time is devoted to explaining Shadow's awesome fucking plan.
- Nerd Glasses: Puts on a pair when reading and correcting the Troll Slaiyers newest plan.
- The Big Guy: When he's not dropping plot points, he's throwing giant rocks at people and trying to intimidate others.
Temo/ The Bastard
- Eyes Always Shut: The only time he opens them is when he's about to die.
- Informed Ability: Is called "The bastard" by Shadow even though he isn't especially evil compared to the other Troll Slaiyers. He later gets his designation changed to "the annoying guy", which he loves.
- Not Quite Dead: While assumed dead after getting shot into a mountainside, Chapter 15 reveals that he's still alive, and has rejoined the Troll Slaiyers.
- Undignified Death: Can't get much more pathetic than being shot out of a cannon and splatting into a mountainside. This level of logic from Knuckles is to be expected, but what makes it worse is that Teemo volunteered to do it.
Rob/ The Guy With No Ears
- Beware the Silly Ones: Much to Alex and his Troll army's amazement he's Dragonborn and more than enough of match for them
- Disability Immunity: He has no ears, which makes him immune to being trolled.
- Hidden Depths: He's Dragonborn.
- Handicapped Badass: Well, technically he is severely hearing-impaired, if not outright deaf. The comic's a little inconsistent upon how much he can actually hear, mostly depending on what's the funniest.
- I Can't Hear You: He mentions when he appears he can't be trolled because he can't hear the troll comments. Because of this, however, he can't hear the rest of the team whenever they talk, yelling "WHAT?" constantly.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Comes with being Dragonborn of course.
Luigi/ The Sissy
- Big Brother Worship: Later revealed by Mario that Luigi only went with the plan to do a FaceHeel Turn because he wanted his brother to have his moment of revenge.
- Cain and Abel: It seems at first that Luigi betrays the Troll-Slayers out of jealously over his brother getting all the credit, but it turns out that it was all part of Mario's plan
- Drop the Hammer: And he's quite deadly with it, as Espio and the Troll King find out.
- FaceHeel Turn: This is what it seems like at first...
- Fake Defector: Granted his loyalty isn't to the Troll Slayers but to his brother.
- Killed Off for Real: His brain gets shut down by one of Troll King's deadly words.
- Power-Up: Can use different suits during fights similar to his brother.
Bugs/ The Gay
- Ambiguously Gay: He is called "The Gay" for a reason. Turns out to not be ambiguous at all after his relationship with Daffy is revealed
- Bury Your Gays: Daffy and him are both killed off brutally
- Becoming the Mask: In his own words "when I was acting gay I actually became gay with Daffy"
- Killed Off for Real Shadow shoots him in the head after he breaks the remote.
- Sacrificial Lamb: He's the first Troll Slayer to die and his death (along with Daffy's) is the first major one in the story.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: He's killed the chapter after he's introduced.
Silver the Hedgehog/ The Money Guy
- Band of Brothers: Refuses to abandon any of his team mates post Fucking Awesome Plan and left the Troll Slaiyers because of Shadow treated his fellow team mates
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Blaze.
- Can't Spit It Out: He just can't seem to tell how Blaze how he feels about her.
- Character Development: He starts out as just another victim of the trolls, and is treated rather poorly by Shadow. However after the total failure of the fucking awesome plan, he recruits Rob and Elmer, and proves to be a much more competent leader than Shadow.
- The Smart Guy: Different than Shadow in that he actually tries to get any information about the trolls rather than just rush in.
- Tempting Fate:ahh everything is great today nothing can mess this up
The Troll King
- All Trolls Are Different: A literal Troll.
- Brown Note: The Ten Deadly Troll Words, which cause whoever hears them to lose all function in a vital part of their body, and as such are pretty much a One-Hit Kill. So far we know of "Cu***nt," which shuts down the brain, and "Ni**er," which shuts down the eyes. As the Troll King is always hesitant to use them, it appears each one can be used only once.
- Big Bad: Of the story.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Actually seems to care for and respect the higher ranked trolls under his command.
- Genius Bruiser: He knows the extent of his own power, and can quickly figure out what his opponents were doing. The only time he had major injuries on him was when it was completely unexpected.
- Happily Married: Surprisingly so. In his past story, he found a women that he fell in love with, and together they had their son, Troll Face.
- Story-Breaker Power: His ability to use the seven deadly troll words puts him head and shoulders above the rest of the characters in the series combat wise, and is able to turn practically any fight in his favor if he starts to lose.
- I Love the Dead: Troll Face has a penchant for taking dead bodies and defiling them. Thus far he's done it to both Sonic and Luigi.
- Laughably Evil: True, he lacks any humanizing qualities. And true, he gets a sick kick out of rape and necrophilia. However, Troll Face is so ridiculously depraved and malicious, that it's hard not to laugh at some of his dialogue.
- Non-Action Guy: Thus far, he's the only one of the major trolls to not get into any skirmishes with the heroes.
- Pimped-Out Cape: Puts one on during when's back at home, along with a bunch of other princely attire.
- The Dark Chick: Troll Face is arguably the most openly malicious and depraved member of the Trolls. Even Alex is weary of him.
- Write What You Know: According to Lazerbot, the character of Troll Face was inspired by some rather depraved individuals he met online.
- Villain with Good Publicity: He's so popular, his face has become the symbol of Trolling itself and most trolls in Troll City own something with his face plastered on it.
Alex, The Emo Troll
- Badass Normal: Despite not having any apparent superpowers, he's one of the strongest characters in the story, and can more than hold his own against the heroes in hand to hand combat.
- Establishing Character Moment: The first time we meet him, he explains to Silver why he's useless, establishing his personality and preferred M.O. of trolling.
- Emo Teen: His appearance is the literal stereotype of this trope.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Despite being a gigantic Jerkass, he calls out Shadow when He murders a fellow Troll Slayer, saying that he's even more fucked up than the trolls are. He later expresses disgust over the fact that Troll Face kept Luigi's corpse as a sex toy.
- Hannibal Lecture: Unlike most trolls, his trolling involves more then calling someone a faggot and revolves around going into detail on how his victim is waste of space and how meaningless their lives are.
- Kick the Dog: Ordering Garry to rip out Vector's eye for no reason has to qualify.
- Knight of Cerebus: His introduction into the story serves to show just how serious of a threat the Trolls actually are. Not only is it quickly established that hes far more intelligent than the standard troll, the brutal beatdown he delivers to Tails ultimately leads to the story adopting a much darker (but still fairly comedic) tone
- Smoking Is Cool: Often seen with his signature cigarette.
- The Dragon: While it isn't fully clear how high up he is in the chain of command, he's the troll that's out on the front lines the most and is usually the one leading groups of them. However, it's revealed that he seeks to take one of the Troll King's seven deadly words for himself.
- Worthy Opponent: Surprisingly thinks Rob, the Guy With No Ears is this.
- Weak, but Skilled: He's not as physically imposing as some of his comrades, and lacks any of the special abilities that the heroes have, but his style of trolling is extremely effective, and he's always out on the front lines, leading the trolls.
Hindo, The Lighting Troll
- Affably Evil: Oddly enough, given that he's a troll. He seems to more of a fan of subtle, backhanded compliments then outright insults.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: His hair and beard look exactly like lighting.
- Pragmatic Villainy: Seems to be one of the more reasonable characters among the Trolls, advising the Troll King not to kill Elmer because they still need to make use of his powers.
- Shock and Awe: Has lighting based attacks and can travel through telephone wires.
- The Dragon: According to Lazerbot, he is.
- White Hair, Black Heart: When his hair isn't charged with electricity, it's pure white.
- A Day in the Limelight: Has a filler chapter focused on him called "The Adventures of Underbite Troll".
- Affably Evil: Despite being a troll, he doesn't seem so bad, possibly showing that not all trolls are evil.
- Defeat Means Friendship: After Silver beats him in a troll off, he's more than happy to help him out in his time of need.
- Friendly Enemy: To Silver.
- Groin Attack: To Fat Troll in the filler.
- Killed Off for Real: Gets decapitated in Chapter 8.
- The Rival: To Fat and Blonde troll apparently.
- Ax-Crazy: At first he just seems to be sadistic, a trait shared by every other troll, however he really starts to show how unhinged he is during his fight with his brother
- A God Am I: Declares that he is "part god" during his fight with Demaro
- Cluster F-Bomb: He probably has the dirtiest mouth of any of the trolls.
- Deader Than Dead: After getting killed by the satanic monster, Garry's ghost ends up getting devoured by it.
- Dishing Out Dirt: It turns out he's an earthbender.
- Facial Horror: Prior to the start of the story, his brother Demaro severely scarred half of his face, forcing him to encase it in metal. And during chapter 4, the other half of his face is severely burned to the point that he needs to wear a mask that fully hides his face.
- Killed Off for Real: Gets killed by a skeletal worm.
- Laughably Evil
- The Brute: Is this to the trolls.
- No Name Given: Prior to chapter 10, the fanbase referred to him by Alex's nickname: "Tall Motherfucker."
- One-Winged Angel: His Magma Armor
- I Have Your Wife: All of them have loved ones under the mercy of Chester, and in reality are forced to be in the Defenders if they want their loved ones safe, according to Knuckles.
- Mentors: The majority of them teach Tails how to fight. The exceptions are Doug and Skeeter, who he already seems to have passed, and Kermit, who tries to teach Tails patience instead.
- Older and Wiser: Most of them see themselves to be this towards Tails, especially ones that were victim to the trolls. Kermit himself tries to show Tails the importance of patience, when everyone else teaches him combat skills.
- Bed Trick: He mistakes Skeeter for Hello Kitty and tried to bed him, apparently in denial of his own homosexuality.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Apparently, Tails was already stronger than him and Skeeter before his training even started.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: The Defenders continue to keep him around, despite all of their continual annoyance at him and his constant inability to succeed.
- Revenge: His motivation for joining the Defenders is because his dog Porkchop was gangbanged to death by trolls.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Same as Doug.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Word of God confirms that he didn't want to train Tails due to a lack of trust and respect.
- Funny Schizophrenia: His craziness is portrayed as him constantly arguing with himself.
- Fortune Teller: His role in the group. However, he can only give general directions.
- Cool Teacher: Gets along with Tails pretty well, and shows him hand-to-hand combat, something that Tails wanted to do for the whole itme.
- Evil Former Friend: Who knew that Alfred was a troll this entire time?
Cheeto Man (Chester Cheetah)
- Adaptational Villainy: Chester Cheetah has certainly never been depicted as a drug-hustling, murderous pimp before.
- Berserk Button: He will have you killed for sleeping with Hello Kitty.
- Beware the Silly Ones
- Devil's Advocate: He allows Doug into his weed party because it's not his room he'll fuck up.
- Energy Ball: His move he teaches to Tails is the Cheeto Ball, letting one form a Puffy Cheeto of energy in their hand.
- Jive Turkey: Suddenly starts talking like this right around the start of the weed party.
- The Sociopath: Turns out that Chester's actually a repulsively evil pimp who kills his prostitutes when they contact STD's.
- The Stoner: The only character who smokes more than Knuckles, and is his dealer. Or rather, he makes Knuckles sell drugs for him.
- Walking Spoiler: He's secretly got the Defenders in his pocket, controlling them all via blackmail, bar the odd Psycho for Hire. Also, it's all a part of his prostitution and drug rings, which are said to be massive.
- Gadgeteer Genius: As per his home series. He can only provide Tails with a gauntlet that can harness Chaos Emerald energy and nothing more, since he has nothing to teach him.
- Jerkass: He spends all of his screen time belittling Tails' intellegence and talking himself up, making him one of the few characters in the comic who's actually in character.
- Off-Model: Inverted, he's the only character that's on-model with his series of origin.
- Berserk Button: Being called crazy is one for him.
- The Dragon: Knuckles confirms he's this to Cheeto Man.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: For his introduction he was nothing but rude and cruel to Tails, but one conversation with Pori left him complacent, easily frightened when it comes to physical violence, and a hell of a lot more temperamental. Meditating with Kermit reveals that he has some sort of memory blocked out that made him this way.
- Master of Illusion: Considers himself such and ends up teaching Tails illusory techniques, particularly a version of the Doppelgänger Spin.
- And Now You Must Marry Me: She's Cheeto Man's unwilling wife.
- Crazy Jealous Girl: For Tails concerning Amy.
- Deflector Shields: Teaches Tails how to make a shield made out of energy, but also sports a massive flower energy shield herself. Notable in that the shield offers only a little bit of protection.
- Flower in Her Hair: Hair is a stretch, but it still fits.
- Surprise Pregnancy: Subverted, in that she shouts this in the heat of the moment when it seems like Chester's about to murder or at least brutally beat her for sleeping with Tails to get him to hesitate. It works, but she knows it's only borrowed time and there's no confirmation that she really is - and Chester leaves an Implied Death Threat that it better be his.Hello Kitty: Oh god I hope i'm really pregnant..
- Your Cheating Heart: Regularly cheats on Chester with other members of the Defenders (and also Shadow), and slept with Tails in Chapter 18. As we see later on, it looks to be brought on by an abusive and loveless marriage.
Kermit the Frog
- Boring, but Practical: Tries to explain to Tails that is extremely important to have patience, and that he'll need to grow up at some point.
- HeelFace Turn: Was once a troll himself, to the point he messed up Ms. Piggy's mind badly. Pac-Man has since helped him return back to normal.
- The Atoner: Joined the Defenders out of guilt over trolling Ms. Piggy into insanity.
- Wallof Text: Invoked here.◊ This actually makes sense, since he's trying to teach Tails patience, which he lacks.
Spyro the Dragon
- Cluster F-Bomb: Even in a fairly profane comic as is, Spyro stands out for having a particularly dirty mouth.
- Crazy Awesome: How he considers himself.Spyro: Come on Tails we shall go outside to fly where we will ride to the ends of the earth and what I say doesn't have to make sense, that's just how fucking awesome I am.
- Flight: This is mainly what his training is about.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: If his sex with Jesse is any indication of this.
Vivian (From Paper Mario)
- Ambiguous Gender: At the very least, one of the Defenders doesn't know whether to call her a he or a she.
- Continuity Nod: In a way, when she asks the troll spy about Mario and Luigi.
- Forgetful Jones: Most of his training consists of leaving Tails with a reflex trainer, going to get a Hot Pocket, then forgetting about Tails and taking a nap.
- Sink-or-Swim Mentor: When Tails complains that Woodstock is a bad teacher, Woodstock responds by shooting at Tails. When Tails dodges, Woodstock says he passes.Tails: hey guns aren't toys you could have really hurt me with that thingWoodstock: it's a bb gun dumb ass. so it really is a toy after all.
- Super Reflexes: What Woodstock has Tails working on.
- Blessed With Suck: He was able to have dreams at a young age about future events, even seeing that his own village would be destroyed. Sadly, there isn't anything he can do to stop it, and even after traveling the world searching for Dragonballs, it just confirms further that there isn't anything he can do about it. Subverted in that it at least shows him the one who can defeat the Troll King.
- The Leader: Type I mostly, and possibly Type II. He's actually a weak Type IV at best, a mere figurehead and puppet of Cheeto Man.
- Verbal Tic: Wakka. Played for drama, since it was brought on by trauma.
Wile E. Coyote
- Adaptational Badass: This incarnation of Wile E. is a lot more efficient than the one in the cartoons, and is one of the strongest characters in the story.
- Deadpan Snarker: Possibly the single most calmly sarcastic character in the whole series.Coyote: (talking to Demaro while flipping through a book of magic) Do you like to read? It doesn't seem to be your thing.
- Dissonant Serenity: Maintains an expression of slightly patronizing calm even in the midst of combat.
- Genius Bruiser: He's not only a talented Neutral fighter, he's also pretty damn intelligent.
- Hidden Depths: Is different than the other neutrals in that he figured out how to control his power quickly.
- Just Toying with Them: He prolongs his fight with Demaro just so he can see what he'll do.
- Nonchalant Dodge: How he reacts to most attacks, in contrast to every other member of the cast.
- Perpetual Smiler: Never changes his expression from a calm smile, no matter how intense the fighting gets.
- Smug Snake: Despite his claims of constant neutral emotion, he has an air of undeniable smugness most of the time.
- The Stoic: Unlike his fellow Neutrals, his facial expressions never change.
- Cast From Life Span: Because he didn't use his powers too much when he received them, his life span was shortened.
- Compensating for Something: He's very liable to use sexual euphemisms while talking about his guns.
- The Ditz: He is one of the dumbest characters in this comic.
- Dumbass No More: After puppeteering Dr. Eggman, his intelligence increases to an even greater level than Eggman himself.
- Heroic BSoD: For the definition of a hero in this comic at least, but after eating some of Eggman's brains for using him as a puppet, it's heavily implied that he also gained Eggman's memories - coincidentally in the middle of Amy's flashback that involves Eggman repeatedly raping her for an untold amount of time. Thus, Elmer saw all of this from Eggman's perspective. For the only time up to that point with him usually being pretty dumb and chipper, Elmer understandably freaks the everliving fuck out.
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: Surprisingly has quite a few. The below is one that's mixed with Funny Moments.Fudd: Here take the power of my 2nd cock.
- Smoke Out: He has smoke bullets to make a quick escape when needed.
- Those Two Guys: With Rob. Formerly with Tom.
- Killed Off for Real: courtesy of Troll Face.
- Small Role, Big Impact: He does surprisingly little in the present day of the comic, but his original catching of Tweety Bird kickstarts the creation of the Neutrals, Porky's suicide and the ability of the characters to have any ability to fight against the trolls at all.
- Taking the Bullet: Gives up his life to save Tom.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Tom.
- Cast From Life Span: Because he wasn't able to handle his emotions during the 24 hour period, his life span shortened.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Sylvester.
- Butt-Monkey: Exaggerated. His entire family is brutally murdered.
- Extreme Doormat: He's too spineless to really say no to anything. He is coerced into being the driver for his alcoholic "friends", then is easily persuaded into drinking anyway, then can't stutter out a refusal to sex with a random stranger, which leads to his marriage falling apart.
- Driven to Suicide: No less after seeing both his wife and child killed by a bullet.
- An Arm and a Leg: His right arm is damaged beyond repair in his fight with Garry, forcing him to remove it
- Cain and Abel: Well its more Cain and Cain since both brothers are unrepentant assholes, but he comes across as worse of the two in this specific instance the considering that he ripped out Garrys eye simply out of spite.
- Dark Is Evil
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Lone Wolf Boss: Despite being a major antagonist, he has no affiliation with any major faction. While he aspires to take over the Satanist, he doesnt appear to have any allies outside of his puppets.
- Unknown Rival: Views Will E. Coyote as the ultimate obstacle he must defeat. The latter is unaware of Demaro's existence until they cross paths.
- Villainous Breakdown: The smug, cool demeanor disposition of his starts to crumble during his fight with Garry. He gets even worse during his fight with Wile E. Coyote, and at this point, seems to be functioning on nothing but rage against Coyote.
- White Hair, Black Heart: The demonic form he gains during his fight with Wile E. bleaches his hair white.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Introduced early in the comic to kill off two trolls, and then appears later to fight Mario shortly after the latter betrays his group. Joins the Troll Slaiyers afterwards.
- The Sixth Ranger: To Shadow and the remaining Troll Slayers
- Chekhov's Gunman: First appears when Knuckles realized he had a threeway with him and Rouge. Appears over ten chapters later with some friends to aid Shadow with his new awesome fucking plan.
- Adaptational Villainy: He's a rapist in this version.
- Affably Evil: Eggman really doesn't care much that Sonic's demanding he gets a map of where the Trolls are, and honestly is pretty chill about the whole thing thanks to getting a Chaos Emerald in advance. Given what he's done in the past however, it just makes him come off as absolutely giving no fucks at this point .
- Genre Blind: Granted, this was way earlier in the comic before anything actually established the.. unique continuity of the story, but somehow he thinks letting Sonic approach him directly for a favor is totally fine and turns his back on the hedgehog. Sonic finally kills him for this.
- Idiot Ball: We find out that for years Eggman made sure to never confront Sonic directly unless things were in his favor, even exploiting his kidnapping of Amy years ago to try to blackmail the Chaos Emeralds out of him. Then he just lets Sonic waltz into his base in the present day asking for a favor in finding the Trolls with only a Chaos Emerald for a down payment, firmly holding this trope as he just sits there until Sonic stabs him through the heart.
- Hate Sink: Eggman is much, much worse than his game incarnation, and the only character the series doesn't really derive any humor from. He raped Amy for several years. Notably, this is not Played for Laughs in any fashion, and every other character is clearly disgusted by and despises him.
- I Have You Now, My Pretty: Plays this relatively straight when he managed to capture Amy in the past. Then he revealed his true side.
- Laser-Guided Karma: After years of basically trolling Sonic by intentionally bringing up his hopes only to have yet another empty base in his attempts to rescue Amy, on top of raping Amy repeatedly that entire damn time, Sonic abruptly tears Eggman a new one with a knife just to make sure he finally pays for what he's done.
- Killed Off for Real: Gets stabbed In the Back by Sonic. this halts the Trolls' plans by quite a bit.
- Knight of Cerebus: The series was already fairly dark at this point, but generally in a Black Comedy fashion, and the more upsetting moments were tempered by the absurdity of the situation. Eggman marks the first point in the series that was played entirely seriously, and his horrific actions rippled throughout the entire story.
- A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Read: Elmer Fudd does not like seeing Eggman's perspective and memories of what the man did to Amy.
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil: He raped Amy before the story began, even preventing her from killing herself just to keep her for it for an undefined amount of time.
- Small Role, Big Impact: Eggman doesn't really get to do much before he's suddenly murdered by Sonic in vengeance in chapter 3. It takes until chapter 19 for a flashback to reveal that he monumentally fucked up any amount of happiness Sonic and Amy could've had, and was arguably responsible for Sonic's suicidal fight against the Trolls as well as Amy's suicidal joining in on Knuckles' plans against the Cheeto Man.
- He's also implied to be the cause of this in a different way, now that Elmer Fudd's consumed his brains for use as a Neutral puppet and potentially become smarter than Eggman for it.
- Killed Off for Real: Gets shot in the head.
- Infant Immortality: Averted, as he gets shot in the head at the same time as Petunia.
- Eye Patch Of Power: After losing his eye.
- Eye Scream: Gets his eye ripped out by command of the Troll King.
- Only Sane Man: He's the only member of The Troll Slaiyers who's not either a psychopath, an idiot, or both.
- Sixth Ranger: for The Troll Slaiyers
- Sole Survivor: Of the people who tried to save Sonic.
Cream the Rabbit
- Too Good for This Sinful Earth: Her last lines shows that she's not even fully aware of how badly she is hurt.
- Killed Off for Real: Gets burned alive by Luigi.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Only lived through a few pages in Chapter 4.
- Killed Off for Real: Gets his head smashed by Luigi's hammer.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Only lived through a few pages in Chapter 4.
- Killed Off for Real: Gets sliced in half by Troll King.
- Mega Manning: Can copy the abilities of opponents if they attempt to use them on him.
- No-Sell: As a robot, attacks that rely on flesh don't work on him.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Only lived through a few pages in Chapter 4.
Blaze the Cat
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Silver.
- Broken Bird: She lived a hard life filled with self-loathing and malice right to the bitter end.
- Cool Big Sis: Implied to have been one for Tails when he was growing up, and he was arguably one of the only other things besides Sonic that helped her through her sheer mental trauma. So when she suddenly puts on a Slasher Smile and french kisses Tails, who is more than a little freaked out, just to piss off Hello Kitty, it's extremely obvious something has snapped in her at that point.
- Damsel in Distress: Thanks to Dr. Eggman in "The Storm".
- Driven to Suicide: Because she was being raped by Dr. Eggman, she attempts suicide, only for Eggman to stop her. She gets a second chance after Sonic's death, using Knuckles' plan to destroy Cheeto Man's prostitution ring as an opportunity to go out on her own terms. It succeeds.
- Heroic BSoD: Learning that Sonic died begins a downward spiral in her life from there on.
- Killed Off for Real: Willingly gets the Clap from Knuckles just to be a part of screwing over Cheeto Man's prostitution ring before she's horrifically murdered off-screen and dumped into a mass grave landfill.
- My God, What Have I Done?: She was back and forth on her relationship with Sonic, to the point that after the infamous "I'm gonna have sex with my girlfriend so i'm not mad" moment early in the storyline, they kind of broke up. Learning that Sonic died shortly thereafter to the Troll King pretty much sets her right back on the suicidal path, and intentionally gets herself embroiled in Knuckles' plan against Cheeto Man knowing she'd die for it.
- Parental Substitute: According to Tails, Amy was the closest thing he ever had to a mother and treated her like one growing up.
- Rape as Backstory: During "The Storm", Dr. Eggman raped Amy.
- Sacrificial Lamb: Her death, among the other rotting and defiled corpses of the prostitutes at the recent party that had gotten STDs, is the main method Knuckles uses of finally breaking Tails out of his stupor and obliviousness towards the true nature of the Defenders.
- Small Role, Big Impact: Amy doesn't actively do a whole lot, and in fact basically gets no screentime or major focus in the story until the Defenders party happens. Then her depressingly dark backstory is revealed, followed by intentionally contracting the Clap and dying by Cheeto Man's disposal, which all serve as the catalyst for Tails to figure out who his real enemies are.
- Widow's Weeds: Next we see her in the comic, she wears full black outfits and black mascara, presumably because she's still in mourning over Sonic.