open/close all folders
Full Name: Im Nayeon (Hangul: 임나연)
Birthdate: September 22, 1995
Birthplace: Gangdong District, Seoul, South Korea.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Nayeon tends to have signs of these, as noted by the other members, especially Jihyo, who stated that she's the member with the most irrational behavior. Some things they've pointed out:
- Laughing at things on her phone and not showing the others
- Leaving her glasses in the fridge
- Assuming Jeongyeon thought she was cute when she actually says it as a common thing
- Covert Pervert: Nayeon has flashes of this from time to time. She once assumed Mina was drawing something rather provocative on a cookie. note
- Friend to All Children: Nayeon LOVES kids. Whenever she sees a baby, she immediately runs up to him/her.
- One of the Kids: Sometimes tends to act like she's the maknae of the group when she's really the oldest. She's been christened the "Fake Maknae" by fans due to this.
- Proud Beauty: When asked by a fan who is prettiest without makeup, she pointed at herself. Her response to Chaeyoung calling her cute was "I know." When asked which member would be most attractive as a man, she referred to herself.
- Team Mom: Nayeon occasionally becomes this to the other members. For instance, during a rehersal for "TT", she saves Momo from falling off the stage; and during the actual performance, she pulls Momo back from the edge.
Full Name: Yoo Jeongyeon (Hangul: 유정연) note
Birthdate: November 1, 1996
Birthplace: Suwon, South Korea
- Bifauxnen: How Jeongyeon was marketed until 2017, with a boyish haircut and looser clothes than others◊. She even plays a very convincing Yoo Shi-jin in their Descendants of the Sun parody.
- Boyish Short Hair: Had this up until "Signal◊", when it became obvious she was growing it out, and as of 2019 it's now just as long as the other girls. She keeps a tomboyish ponytail in some appearances, however.
- As of May 2019, she's returned to the shorter look, although it's not as boyish as it was during her debut.
- Expy: Formerly of Amber, as admitted by Park Jin-Young (founder of JYPE). However, she quickly grew out of this once she started growing her hair.
- Multicolored Hair: Jeongyeon is quickly becoming known for this herself, having the most hair color changes only behind Dahyun. She changed her hair color TWICE during "What Is Love?" promotions!note
- Spell My Name with an "S": Jeongyeon's name is sometimes written as Jungyeon instead.
Full Name: Momo Hirai (Japanese: 平井 もも Hepburn: Hirai Momo, Hangul: 모모)
Birthdate: November 9, 1996
Birthplace: Kyōtanabe, Kyoto, Japan
- Big Eater: All of TWICE's members love snacks (see their reaction to Sana's Cheer Up set), but the most eating obsessed of them all has to be Momo.
- Catchphrase: "Do you know what it is?"note
- Kansai Regional Accent: Momo is from Kyoto, and has the heaviest accent out of the three when speaking Japanese.
- She's Back: Momo is the only TWICE member to have been completely eliminated from SIXTEEN to debut with the group.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Momo really, really loves Jokbal (Pigs' feet).
- Wardrobe Malfunction: Happened to Momo in one performance of "Like Ooh-Ahh", when the knot holding her shirt together came undone. Despite Tzuyu and Nayeon's attempts to help fix her shirt, Momo ended up doing most of the dance with one hand holding her shirt in place.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Momo has a huge fear of heights, as well as rollercoasters.
- When the girls were guests on the show "Carefree Travelers", at one point they had to ride a cable car that rose up to one of their locations. Momo could be heard screaming loudly throughout the car, startling the other passengers that were in there with her.
- Momo's fears were put to the test the very next day when she, Mina, and Nayeon had to ride the Gyro Drop at an amusement park. The blank look on her face when the ride was over sold the whole story.
Full Name: Sana Minatozaki (Japanese: 湊崎 紗夏 Hepburn: Minatozaki Sana, Hangul: 사나)
Birthdate: December 29, 1996
Birthplace: Tennōji-ku, Osaka, Japan
- The Cutie: Sana was once attacked by bubbles. In a group of cute girls she has managed to stand out, as she has gone viral on multiple occasions for things such as "Sha Sha Sha" and "Cheese Kimbap."
- Catchphrase: "Ohyo ohyo ohyo".
- I Didn't Mean to Turn You On: Sana and Momo went viral in Korea just for looking seductive while looking at the camera. Some international, non K-pop related sites picked it up too and had the same reaction.
- Kansai Regional Accent: Sana is from Osaka.
- Never Live It Down: The members have occasionally teased Sana for her JYP audition video, which was a dance cover of SNSD's "Mr. Taxi".
- The Klutz: Sana is definitely qualified.
- Ms. Fanservice: She's referred to as the cute-sexy member of the group.
- The Tease: From going on kissing sprees, to making other members kiss and even wiggling her butt when slapped, Sana is the biggest teaser in the group.
Full Name: Park Jisoo (Hangul: 박지수)
Birthdate: February 1, 1997
Birthplace: Guri, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
- Buxom Is Better: It was accentuated a lot during Likey◊, to the delight of fans.
- Ms. Exposition: Has a tendency to explain everything surrounding a particular situation the girls talk about while on variety shows. Lampshaded by Heechul on an episode of Knowing Bros.
- No Indoor Voice: Jihyo ended up with the nickname "Mic" due to her voice being loud enough to not require a microphone.
- The Leader: Despite not being the oldest, she got this position by having trained under JYP for 10 years.
- Stage Name: Her real name is Jisoo.
Full Name: Mina Myoui (Japanese: 名井 南 Hepburn: Myōi Mina, Hangul: 미나)
Birthdate: March 24, 1997
Birthplace: San Antonio, Texas; moved to Nishinomiya, Hyōgo, Japan when she was a toddler
- Gamer Chick: Mina is one in One of Us levels.
- I Didn't Mean to Turn You On: A fan-taken picture of Mina coming out of her car went viral among K-pop fans for how effortlessly good she looked.
- Mina went viral again, this time on a radio show when she just wanted to scratch her neck.
- Kansai Regional Accent: Mina was born in Texas but raised in Kobe, though she has the best Standard Japanese accent out of the three.
- Shrinking Violet: One of the most introverted members of the group. It's gotten to the point where she never leaves the house when the group has days off from schedules.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Like Momo, Mina is afraid of rollercoasters.
Full Name: Kim Dahyun (Hangul: 김다현)
Birthdate: May 28, 1998
Birthplace: Seongnam, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
- Abnormal Limb Rotation Range: Dahyun is double-jointed, and is thus one of the more flexible members of the group.
- She's also been known to get the tip of her tongue to reach her nose.
- During a Weekly Idol appearance, she showed that she was able to flex her head all the way back to her toes.
- Gratuitous English: Put on display during the group's trip to Switzerland.
- I Know You're Watching Me: Dahyun has an uncanny ability to find hidden cameras, regardless of where they're located.
- Large Ham
- Multicolored Hair: Dahyun is◊ known◊ for◊ this
- Signature Move: Her Eagle Dance, which she's been doing well before her debut.
Full Name: Son Chae-young (Hangul: 손채영)
Birthdate: April 23, 1999
Birthplace: Gangdong District, Seoul, South Korea
- Beauty Spot: Chaeyoung has one under her lower lip. It's particularly noticeable near the end of the "Cheer Up" MV.
- The Cutie: Chaeyoung◊ became notorious of this when dressed up as Harry Potter for Halloween.
- Hidden Depths: Chaeyoung is an excellent artist in many ways than one. She writes her own raps, dances really well (especially with Momo), and can draw. Her drawing talents were on full display when she helped design the t-shirts for the first TWICELAND tour.
- One Steve Limit: Three of the sixteen contestants from SIXTEEN were Chaeyoung, Chaeyeon, and Chaeryeong.
- Singer-Songwriter: She writes raps at night.
- Spell My Name with an "S": It's advertised as "Chaeyoung", but "Chaeyoung" is also an acceptable spelling.
Full Name: Chou Tzuyu, standard transliteration Zhōu Zǐyú (Chinese: 周子瑜, Hangul 저우쯔위)
Birthdate: June 14, 1999
Birthplace: Tainan, Taiwan
- Brutal Honesty: Even though Tzuyu is the youngest, she's notorious for being very blunt with the other members.
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: Tzuyu in the "Signal" MV nudges her alien crush, but ends up pushing him through the wall and into the classroom.
- Hair Flip: When Tzuyu did one in Idol Olympics, she went viral even in Western sites.
- Simple, yet Awesome: Tzuyu's profile lists one of her talents as "Throwing ball far." The other girls even ribbed her for it when they went bowling in Twice's Elegant Private Life.
- Statuesque Stunner: How Tzuyu is marketed as, even though she doesn't exactly fit TV Tropes standards. She is the tallest of the group and always given a more elegant styling than the rest to compliment her body, which fangirls have admitted they are jealous about.
- The Stoic: Tzuyu is prone to being rigid and not expressing emotions easily, mainly on camera. In fact, she didn't cry on camera until June 2016 according to Jungyeon. She doesn't even get scared easily earning admiration from fans.
- The Unpronounceable: Tzuyu's name pronunciation has been a topic of debate. Korean doesn't have the same phonemic inventory as Chinese, so they try to approximate 子瑜 note as much as possible with 쯔위 "jjeu-wi" or "Chewy" which is very different from the pronunciation in Mandarin. Her name is alternatively transliterated as Ziyú just to add to fan frustrations on what pronunciation to use. Tzuyu herself embraces Jjeu-wi when she speaks Korean, however she uses the original pronunciation when she speaks Chinese. To settle the differences, fans have given Tzuyu the affectionate nickname "Chewy" based on her Korean pronunciation.