open/close all folders
- Authority in Name Only: Even though the borders of Kyzyl Orda are impressive in contrast to other Kazakh states, in reality, the military government holds full control only over the capital city and Alma-Ata, while the rest of its territories are lawless and riddled with bandits, as German bombings make maintaining order in other territories impossible.
- Cincinnatus: General Momyshuly can resign from his position of a political leader after Kyzyl Orda reunifies Kazakhstan, ceding his powers to the civilian government led by Dinmukhamed Kunaev.
- Elite Army: Kyzyl Orda is the only country in the region that has a professional military force, formed from the remnants of the Red Army.
- The Remnant: Kyzyl Orda is the successor of the Kazakh SSR and one of the few post-Soviet states that still hold to the idea of Soviet Communism. After all the enemies in the region are dealt with, Soviet Kazakhstan can launch a campaign to reclaim Russia and restore the Soviet Union in its former glory.
- Disaster Democracy: Pavlodar is one of two functioning democracies in Central Asia, a region filled with despots, warlords and bandits.
- La Résistance: Inspired by Pavlodar's desperate fight with the Kyzyl Orda, liberals can launch an uprising in the Communist-controlled Alma-Ata, which, while destined to fail, opens for Pavlodar a possible opportunity to turn the tide of war.
- The Atoner: Anything that Zabelkin does he believes to be atonement for his past crimes as a bandit warlord.
- The Fundamentalist: Kostanay, once a mere bandit domain, became a nation ruled by Islamic fundamentalists who seek to launch a holy war against the infidels of other parts of Kazakhstan.
- The Theocracy: Kostanayis a nation ruled by the law of God.
- Zen Survivor: Zabelkin became a zealous man when he was left to rot in the desert by other bandits and survived, believing that it was God who saved him from certain death.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Khromtau led by Colonel Nikolai Onoprienko's military junta wants to modernize Kazakhstan no matter the cost, forging a "National Renewal" ideology that blends capitalism, bolshevism, and fascism which only Khromtau follows.
- Hordes from the East: Abu Khan tries to invoke the glory of the nomadic hordes of the past.
- King of Thieves: Abu Khan is the most powerful bandit warlord in Kazakhstan.
- Rape, Pillage, and Burn: Hordes of Kokshetau are glorified bandits who see near territories as merely objects for other raids. The conquest of major cities in Central Asia by Abu Khan's forces is accompanied by terrifying pillaging.
- A Villain Named Khan: Abu Dusukhambetov named himself Abu Khan to invoke the glory of the warlords of the past, such as Genghis Khan.
- Putting on the Reich: Aktau is the Fascist option for Kazakhstan's unification. The Kazakh Dawn Party is fanatically nationalist, anti-communist, and has a desire to ethnically purify Kazakhstan for Kazakhs only, expelling any Russians after they unify the country.
- State Sec: The Kazakh Blueshirts, who are fiercely dedicated to the fascistic ideals of the Kazakh Dawn party.
- Token Minority: If Nazi Kazakhstan is accepted to the Unity-Pakt, it has the potential of being the only country led by Asians to be a member of the alliance.
- Determinator: Nowa Polska was founded by the Polish people who were sent by the Germans in hundreds of thousands to die in the wastes of Siberia and deserts of Kazakhstan. They refused to die and organized themselves to settle in the lands of Western Kazakhstan, intending to preserve their second homeland and survive.
- Easy Evangelism: If Zabelkin's Islamic fundamentalists are the dominant faction in Kazakhstan, the Poles can agree to submit to him and convert to Islam in exchange for equal rights with the Kazakh population.
- Fighting for a Homeland: Nowa Polska is founded by Polish refugees who refuse to die, and exemplifies "Poland is Not Yet Lost" in the world of TNO.
- Godzilla Threshold: Nowa Polska can do anything to ensure its own survival, to the point of abandoning their ancestors' religion and converting to Islam.
- Invading Refugees: As Poles filled the Western Kazakh cities and towns, they developed a... complicated relationship with the locals who found themselves a displaced minority in their homeland. As a result, ethnic conflicts aren't a rare occurrence in those lands.
- Please Select New City Name: The city of Oral was renamed to Nowa Warszawa.
- The Promised Land: Western Kazakhstan became a new homeland for the exiled Poles and they intend to protect it at all costs.
- Reluctant Ruler: If the Poles refuse to compromise their national identity and not only fight back against Zabelkin, the bandits, and all the rest, but win against them all, they find themselves in a position of ruling over a vast Kazakh population that they never really wanted to rule over, but can't really afford to let go of, lest they wind up having to refight all those wars just to keep themselves from being expelled from a second homeland.
- The Remnant: By the start of the mod, Nowa Polska is the only Polish nation left, with the historical borders of Poland being controlled either by Germany or Generalgouvernement.