Kingdom of England
- Les Collaborateurs: England is a nation ruled by Nazi collaborators of the Royal Party, who are watched by the German garrison in Cornwall.
- Rule of Cool: The English flag is the flag of Oswald Mosley's British Union of Fascists, but neither he nor his party is in power (in fact they're completely irrelevant exiles in Canada). The flag is chosen apparently just because it looks cool.
- Propaganda Machine: The collaborator government can launch a large propaganda campaign in order to defame the Resistance, focusing on their brutal actions (especially those committed by Communist partisans) and that they would simply be crushed by Germany harder if they broke free.
- Puppet State: England is a puppet of Germany, watched over by the Cornwall garrison. When the German Civil War breaks out, England becomes a puppet of Cornwall instead.
- Realpolitik: If democratic reformist collaborators take power after the English Civil War, they can align themselves with Germany and the reborn Unity-Pakt instead of with the US, as OFN presence on the Isles would put the country at odds with Germania and could potentially provoke an invasion from the Cornwall Garrison.
- Resistance Is Futile: The collaborators and their sympathizers believe that the Resistance will only make things worse, since even if England became independent again, the Nazis might simply invade again and tighten their grip over the Isles.
HM King Edward VIII
- Contempt Crossfire: The collaborators think Edward is too close to the resistance, but the resistance thinks that Edward is a collaborator. Nobody likes him in the end.
- Gilded Cage: Edward's current position has been described as "the world's most finely-garbed prisoner"; he is a king, but he's powerless, and cannot leave his position no matter how much he wants to.
- Puppet King: King Edward is nothing more but a figurehead for the Collaborator government. The Crown has no power whatsoever.
- The Quisling: Edward is widely-regarded as a traitor by his subjects. Even his benefactors don't respect him, seeing him as a mere pawn.
The current Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- Internal Reformist: Macmillan aims to slowly liberalize England, and opposes the right-wing hardline National Front. He may even decide to break off from the Unity-Pakt and join the OFN instead.
- Chummy Commies: In the dark days of collaborator rule, the Socialists of Bill Alexander, one of the most powerful English Resistance groups, are considered as potential allies by the conservative-leaning and royalist HMMLR, not as enemies. Should their alliance hold after the collaborators have been expelled, the socialists and royalists can form a joint government of England, where the party of Alexander promotes democratic socialist reforms instead of calling for a violent revolution.
- Deal with the Devil: The British Resistance can ask for help from both the US and Japan, but since they are too far away and usually don't want to provoke Germany too much, their help is usually not sufficient. However, there is also an option to take help from Ordensstaat Burgund. While Himmler can provide the Resistance with an even bigger amount of aid than both superpowers for almost nothing, his motivations for such generosity are unclear and there are more than enough reasons not to trust Himmler...
- Enemy Mine: Conservative royalists and revolutionary socialists would normally be political opponents, but due to the Collaborators opposing both of them, they are instead allies in Britain, and form a united resistance against the collaborators. They can even come to a compromise solution regarding the monarchy by reinstating the monarchy as a force for socialism that represents the people.
- Fun with Acronyms: Auchinleck's group of resistance is called Her Majesty's Most Loyal Resistance (HMMLR). During their preparations, they can accept help from Himmler's Burgundy for an unclear price.
- La Résistance: England has one of the strongest, if disorganized at the start of the game, anti-Nazi resistances in Europe. Mostly represented by royalist Claude Auchinleck's HMMLR and Bill Alexander's Communist and Socialist partisans, the Resistance seeks to reconnect its various cells, search for foreign aid and convince the English population to join their struggle. If they succeed in their goals and oust the English collaborationist government, they can overthrow the Nazi yoke and form an independent English regime.
- Rightful Queen Returns: Assuming the loyalist British resistance prevails in the country, Elizabeth II can return from Canada to take her place as the Queen of England.
- Take a Third Option: The conservatives and the socialists have differing ideas on how to restructure England after defeating the collaborators, with one side wanting a more traditional non-collaborationist monarchy and the other wanting a socialist republic without a monarchy. They can settle on the "Italian Plan", a compromise that brings back the Elizabeth II as a socialist leader, creating what is basically monarcho-socialism.
- Token Evil Teammate: There is a minor group of fascists in the British Resistance, mostly consisting of former members of the British Union of Fascists, but they are largely irrelevant compared to the socialists and royalists in the resistance.
- Rage Within the Machine: Due to his popularity as a national icon, Auchinleck was elected as the Royal Party MP for Hampshire in 1947, despite also being the commander-in-chief of the National Resistance Coalition.
- Fire-Forged Friends: With Auchinleck. Due to their political differences, both men distrust each other at first, but eventually they get along well, and are more than willing to work together to end collaborationist rule. They can even become close friends, if their alliance holds after they win independence for England.
- Old Soldier: Bill Alexander has fought against Fascism for more than twenty years. First joining the International Brigades against the Francoist forces in the Spanish Civil War, Alexander later fought against the Nazi invaders in Britain, and volunteered to the Red Army forces during the West Russian War, even becoming an acquaintance of General Zhukov himself. He's been fighting against the collaborators ever since, and he won't stop until Britain is free.
HM Queen Elizabeth II
- Politically Active Princess:
- The majority of the former commonwealth favors Elizabeth over Edward, and Elizabeth has been very politically active, and actively tours former British Empire territories to let herself known to the world.
- If Elizabeth is reinstated as the monarch under Alexander's socialist government, Alexander will reform the monarchy into a representation of the English people. She will use her popularity to attend public events, support charities, and raise awareness about injustice.
- Suddenly Significant City: Due to the German Garrison in Cornwall, Cornwall goes from a minor English county into a significant German-backed power.
- Disaster Democracy: Compared to the unstable collaborationist government of England and the German dominated Cornwall, Scotland is actually a fairly stable republic, albeit one that has not held an election since independence. After the death of their provisional President, the country will hold proper elections, with most options willing to allow proper democracy, cementing Scotland as a beacon of freedom in the British Isles.
- Improperly Paranoid: The Scottish Armed Forces led by Field Marshal Douglas Wimberley are very paranoid of a German invasion, and their paranoia has resulted in negative incidents in the past, and might lead Scotland into a dark path into the future.
- Succession Crisis: After more than ten years of independence without an election, the death of Provisional President John MacCormick sets one off in the struggling nation.
- Enemy Mine: Welsh syndicalists and Welsh ultranationalists agree on only one thing; they don't want German influence in their country. They can team up to expel German influence from Wales, but if they succeed, they will instantly turn on each other.
- Historical Villain Upgrade: Fine Gael, a centre-right party in real life, is a straight-up Fascist one in TNO.