open/close all folders
Dexter J. Daley
- Big Brother Instinct: He is very protective of his little brother Cael.
- Big Eater: Despite not being a Therian, Dex is able to eat tons of junk food and stay in great shape, so much so that people wonder where all the food goes... and some joke that he burns all that energy by talking nonstop.
- Bunny Ears Cop: Dex is absolutely great at being a cop, but one would be forgiven for underestimating him, what with his whole Manchild behavior.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Mostly averted; despite the death of his parents when he was little, he had a Happy Childhood being taken care of, along with his adoptive little brother Cael, by his father's police patner and best friend Tony Maddock.
- Disappeared Dad: Dex's dad, John, was killed along with his mother by a stray bullet during a Therian revolt. At the end of 'Catch A Tiger By The Tail' it's revealed that both he and Dex's mother were actually murdered.
- Double Entendre: Dex is quite fond of them, and never lets an occasion for one pass him by.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold
- Missing Mom: Dex's mom, Gina, was killed along with his father.
- Motor Mouth: He never stays quiet for long, unless it matters.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Ash understands Dex is out for blood when he behaves very aggressively during Dr. Shuzon's interrogation.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right!
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Dex is scared of goats.
- Big Brother Mentor: To Austen, a kid that he meets when the young Therian pickpockets him. Instead of turning him in, he convinces him to start a career in the THIRDS. Austen ends up becoming so good he ends up joining the TIN, the Therian CIA.
- Closet Geek: He ends up being thrown out of the closet when Dex finds a cardboard cutout of Han Solo in Sloane's bedroom closet.
- Dark and Troubled Past: After he lost his family, Sloane, one of the First Generation Therians (the first generation where Therians became an actual, stable species) grew up first as a test subject, then joined THIRDS as a teenager, not to mention the fact that he used to date Gabe Pierce, a former fellow agent in Destructive Delta, and was destroyed when he was killed as it turns out, by his brother Isaac.
- Disappeared Dad: After Sloane first shifted and accidentally killed his mother, his father beat him to an inch of his life, got interned into an insane asylum where he committed suicide.
- Missing Mom: In a tragic example, he killed her accidentally during his first shift by trying to hug her in Therian form for comfort, because he was terrified, but didn't realize he had his claws out.
- Not So Different: Sloane turns out to be also quite the geek, although not as much as Dex (who could?).
- Reasonable Authority Figure: He is the head of Destructive Delta.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome
- The Stoic: He mellowes out after he starts having a relationship with Dex, but not by much.