WARNING: Spoilers down below!
A member of the Mane Six, Princess of Friendship and protagonist in the story.
- The Ace: Is very skilled with magic, which has gotten her out of dangerous situations.
- Badass Bookworm: This is Twilight were talking about.
- Beam-O-War: One of her primary attacks.
- My God, What Have I Done?: When she sent Rainbow Dash and Applejack to spy on Luna's organization, she is devastated when she finds out they were forced to be intstated, and being entirely at fault.
- Only Sane Man: Usually is the voice of reason.
Resident in the human world, former villain, and protagonist.
- Action Girl: Probably the most prominent, aside from Twilight.
- Beam-O-War: One of her original attacks.
- Cool Sword: Gets one during chapter 6. Its name is revealed to be Ember.
- Parental Substitute: Becomes one to Paprika.
- Promotion to Parent: She accepts Paprika's offer to be her adoptive mother.
- The Leader: Acts as one to a group of twelve other ponies.
- Action Girl: She is Applejack after all.
- Kick Chick: Applejack has been bucking trees all her life, but now that she has required some fancy new weapons adept to that sort of thing... goodness knows what'll happen to the poor sucker on the other end.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Applejack has been known to comfort other ponies from time to time.
- She comforts Babs Seed for the loss of her immediate family.
- The same happens when she finds out that Obsidia has gone through a similar tragedy in her life.
A Ronian who resides in Nezend, and a nephew to the Emperor of said country.
- 24-Hour Armor: Subverted. He's mostly seen in his silver armor, but in his introduction we see him without his armor.
- The Alcoholic: It is likely he got this from his uncle.
- Anti-Hero: He is depicted as being cynical, selfish, sarcastic, somewhat lazy, and a bit on the Hot Headed side at a later point. Despite this, he is fairly respectable and mature when he needs to be.
- Blank White Eyes: He, along with many other Nezenites share this trait.
- The Cynic: He's not too optimistic about being The Emperor's nephew.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Is shown to have dark skin and fair colored hair.
- Deadpan Snarker: Probably the most, next to Kapral.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: He's got a lot of hair under his helm, and could be seen as handsome too.
- Only Sane Man: Could be seen as one, depending on the Nezenite.
A member of the Cutie Mark Crusaders.
A member of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and cousin of Apple Bloom.
A member of the Mane Six, and a Wonderbolts reserve. She later becomes recruited into the Equestrian Universal Defense.
A baby dragon and Twilight's noble assistant.
- Brutal Honesty: When Twilight finds out her two friends were forced into being recruited, he speaks his mind... and it's not prettySpike: But Twilight, don't you think this wouldn't have happened, unless we joined them?
Twilight: And why, Spike?!
Spike: Because Rainbow Dash and Applejack wouldn't have been forced into the organization had you not have sent them to spy!
Notable Ronian characters
A spy sent by the Nezenite Empire to uncover information about the Sabrathanian occult.
- Anti-Hero: By far the straightest example. His true motive behind his actions are unclear, but he's actually not that bad... sort of.
- Aura Vision: Uses it once.
- Black Cloak: Is always seen wearing one. And it has a hood.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Well, sort of, since he's an anti-hero.
- Intro-Only Point of View: Serves as such in the prologue. Despite this, is still a relevent character.
- Mysterious Past: Not much is known about him, and is not willing to give out real information about himself.
- The Mole: He was assigned to infiltrate a Sabrathanian base to gather information.
The Emperor of Nezend and leader of the Nezenite Empire.
- The Alcoholic: Heavily implied to be one.
- Alcohol-Induced Idiocy: Possibly even more so.
- Cool Helmet: Has one which is also a mix with a crown.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Never. EVER. Tick this dude off!
- Large Ham: Noted to be one.
- The Emperor: He rules over his country as well as most of Ronia.
- Throne Made of X: Sits upon an Ivory throne.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Could be seen as one.
A mysterious, green-eyed Nezenite soldier, believed to be a Dramoran prince with an unknown agenda.
- 24-Hour Armor: He is always wearing armor, much like every other ronian.
- Ambiguously Evil: While he might be a prince of Dramor, not much is known about this guy's agenda. At first he rescues Twilight from falling, however much later in the story he's fighting off Hayliel to enter the portal. And then he goes to Twilight's castle to serve her as a guardian. It is unclear if he is a villain or not.
- The Mole: Escapes to Equestria from the Silver Mirror to pledges allegiance to Twilight, however his reason for this is unclear.
- Stalker Without a Crush or Stalker with a Crush: While it is unknown, Gadreel seems to have some sort of fascination towards Twilight. This is enough for him to forcibly enter the sliver mirror, to then go to Twilight's Castle, and pledges to become her guard.
- Wolf in Sheep's Clothing: He pretends to be a Nezenite, and then decides to go to Equestria, however as said above, his reasons for doing so are unknown.
- Would Hit a Girl: Has no qualms going toe to toe with Hayliel. Subverted in that she didn't seem injured.
A female Nezenite soldier, and an old "friend" of Seris.
- Action Girl: A Nezenite example, and is a knight as well.
- Bruiser with a Soft Center: Has shades of this. Even Seris admits it.
- Childhood Friends: Subverted in that Seris considers her less of one.
- Tomboy: Implied to have been one since she was a child.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The Tomboy to Opheil's girly girl.
- 24-Hour Armor: Or other forms of clothing in general.
Notable Pony characters
A green, red maned unicorn mare, who worked at a game booth. She is also one of the twelve ponies lead out of Casah by Sunset Shimmer.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Definitely qualifies! She's so possessive of Void Wing, she can hardly tolerate her even looking at stallions! She was even jealous of Sunset of all ponies.
- Depraved Lesbian: She is very possessive of Void Wing (even though she's straight). And when her feelings aren't reciprocated, she flat out betrays her by telling the EUD that she gave out information about its location.
- Evil Redhead: Ends up falling into this category in Chapter 20.
- Fiery Redhead: She's quite feisty, not mention a little sarcastic too.
- Redhead In Green: Her mane color is a dark red, while her coat color is green
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The Girly Girl to Void's Tomboy.
- Yandere: Look at the two above and you'll see why.
An orange, purple maned pegasus mare, who is (was) a close friend of Ruby Bloodmane. She was also one of the twelve ponies lead by Sunset Shimmer.
- Action Girl: She's capable of holding her own.
- Boyish Short Hair: Her mane is shorter than most other mares. Not to mention reflects her personality.
- Cool Big Sis: To her brother, Lemon Lime.
- Team Mom: Is also this to her brother, Lemon Lime.
- Multicolored Hair: Her mane is a few shades of dark purple.
- Nice Girl: She's perhaps the nicest out of the group.
- Tomboy: She could be seen as one.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The Tomboy to Ruby's Girly Girl.
A grey blue stallion. He is also one of the twelve ponies lead by Sunset Shimmer.
A former Wonderbolts Academy cadet, turned sellsword. She is out for revenge against her rival: Rainbow Dash.
- Anti-Hero: She has become rather vengeful since she got kicked out of the Academy. She's out for blood, however she is seen as the main character in the side-story, Sellsword.
- Anti-Villain: Could be seen as one since she makes an appearance in Chapter 18 of Swordstorm.
- Sociopathic Hero
- Villain Protagonist: Acts as such in her side-story mentioned above.
An Organization created by Princess Luna, regarding multi-dimensional activity, and protecting Equestria from multi-dimensional threats.
- Ancient Conspiracy: Has been around since Ronia was sealed off, and hardly anypony knows about it.
A prominent member of the Equstrian Universal Defense, and former mercenary.
- Anti-Villain: Starts to become one since he forced Rainbow Dash and Applejack to become members of Luna's organization. He also somehow knew that Twilight sent the two to spy on them. He's also revealed to be a bit of a jerk as well.
- Hired Guns: Used to be a mercenary.
- Jerkass: He can be quite a huge jerk, especially since he forced Rainbow Dash and Applejack to join the organization. Whether he means well, or is worse than most characters could be up for debate.
A bat pony, and member of the Equestrian Universal Defense. He also has the unique ability to levitate objects without magic.
- Amazon Chaser: Has an affinity for Rainbow Dash of all ponies.
- Cool Sword: Without a doubt! And he levitates it!
- Mind over Matter: Has this power, and wields a sword no less!
- Nice Guy: He's probably one one of the nicest stallions in the organization. Just don't do something you'll regret.
- Seer: Has this ability, and has been shown a few times.