The students that partook in the sixth version of Survival of the Fittest.
The family of Noah Whitley, these characters all gather in Noah's home following his disappearance to follow the news about Survival of the Fittest. In this time, various secrets and resentments come to light.
Consists of Noah's divorced parents (Kelly and Christian Whitley), Kelly's parents (Arnold and Edie MacIntyre), Christian's second wife (Angie Whitley), and Christian and Angie's daughter/Noah's half-sister (Ella Whitley).
- Big, Screwed-Up Family
- Closed Circle: The six of them pretty much interact with no one but each other during the thread.
- My God, What Have I Done?: The family as a whole has this reaction when they learn Noah died in SOTF after all their petty squabbling.
Noah's mother. Divorced from Christian about sixteen years prior and moved back in with her parents in Kingman. Works in a bar.
- Amicable Exes: Is this for the most part with Christian, as they stay on good terms for Noah's sake, even if they have some underlying tension.
- Driven to Suicide: Attempts this after Noah's funeral, but fails.
- Glamorous Single Mother: Subverted, as she's let herself go and is often in a state of dishevelment.
- Good Parents: Was a good mother to Noah for his entire life.
- Hikkikomori: Becomes this by locking herself in her room and watching Noah's stream.
- Jerkass Woobie: Can be a bit abrasive at times, but is dealing with the potential loss of her only child.
- Maiden Name Debate: Kept her married surname after divorcing instead of changing it back to MacIntyre.
- Mama Bear: Willing to watch the SOTF stream if it means figuring out what happens to her son.
- Sanity Slippage: The others worry this is happening to her during the thread.
- Screw This, I'm Out of Here!: Leaves the house after a few days and doesn't tell anyone where she's going.
- Your Cheating Heart: Sleeps with Christian when they meet at the hotel.
Noah and Ella's father. Divorced from Kelly about sixteen years ago and married Angie a few years after that. Formerly a professional poker player, now works in a bank.
- Abusive Parent: Of the neglectful kind when he was married to Kelly, as his drinking problems interfered with his ability to look after Noah. Averted with Ella.
- The Alcoholic: Was formerly this. He relapses during his son's disappearance.
- Amicable Exes: Is this for the most part with Kelly, as they stay on good terms for Noah's sake, even if they still have some underlying tension.
- Bumbling Dad
- Cigarette of Anxiety: Quit smoking when Angie got pregnant, but smokes when the stress of Noah's disappearance gets to him.
- Disappeared Dad: Was out of Noah's life from ages 2-10 due to his drinking problems.
- Fatal Flaw: Addiction. He has given in to various vices throughout his life (drinking, smoking, gambling, sex), and often gives in when heavily stressed. He has attempted to rectify this, but continues to relapse.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Subverted. He notes his children look more like their mothers and barely resemble him.
- Your Cheating Heart: Sleeps with Kelly when they meet at the hotel.
Christian's second wife, Ella's mother, and Noah's stepmother. Formerly worked in web design before becoming a housewife.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Is generally nice, but still throws a glass at Christian's face when she learns he slept with Kelly.
- Control Freak: Can be this at times.
- Domestic Abuse: Assaults her husband when she learns he slept with Kelly.
- Doting Parent: Cares a lot about her daughter, even though she gets mad at Ella for the video she made. Also a stepmother example to Noah.
- Hypocrite: Secretly watches the SOTF streams even though the group agreed to only let Kelly watch.
- Jerkass: Is secretly watching the streams and is generally confrontational when people call her out on her hypocrisy.
- Jerkass Woobie: Christian has cheated on her twice, she gave up her career to be his wife, often finds it her responsibility to raise Ella and manage Christian's sobriety, and is implied to be under a lot of stress during the thread.
- Oh, Crap!: Has this reaction when she realizes that Ella had her phone after it went missing and may have found that Angie was watching the stream.
- The Password Is Always "Swordfish": Her phone password is 3551, or "Ella". Ella remembers this and figures out Angie's lie.
- Stepford Smiler: Tries to be a strong figure during this incident, but it's clear she has some underlying anger issues and resentment towards Kelly and Christian.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Is the one who finds Noah's stream and suggests someone watch it, which leads to a lot of the chaos in the thread.
- Wicked Stepmother: Averted, she and Noah had a good relationship before he disappeared.
Edie's husband, Kelly's father, and Noah's maternal grandfather. Retired.
- Character Death: Dies during the timeskip.
- Cigarette of Anxiety: Is often smoking on the back patio, most likely to handle the stress of Noah's disappearance.
- Happily Married: Has been married to Edie for over 40 years.
- My Greatest Failure: He regrets never accepting Noah's sexuality, especially since Noah may now be dead.
- Ineffectual Loner: Spends most of his time alone on the back patio.
- Obnoxious In-Laws: Does not get along with Christian due to his drinking problems leading to divorcing Kelly.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Is on the receiving end of this from Edie when he admits he never accepted Noah's sexuality.
Arnold's wife, Kelly's mother, and Noah's maternal grandmother. Retired.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Has lost her parents and brothers over the years, all of which has taken a toll on her.
- Happily Married: Has been married to Arnold for over 40 years.
- Ill Girl: Collapses from stress and exhaustion halfway through and is briefly hospitalized. After the timeskip, Edie has had a stroke and is moved into assisted living.
- Obnoxious In-Laws: Averted. She's a lot nicer to Christian than Arnold.
- Stepford Smiler: Tries to keep everything running smoothly in the house, even though it's taking its toll on her.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Gives one to Arnold when he reveals he never accepted Noah's sexuality.
Christian and Angie's daughter and Noah's half-sister. 9 years old.
- Big Brother Worship: Loved her older half-brother and was a fan of his work.
- Children Are Innocent: How most of the adults view Ella, wanting to shield her from most of the events of Noah's abduction.
- Deadpan Snarker: Can be pretty snarky at times, especially when around Noah.
- The Heart: Is probably the best-intentioned person in the house. Continues to be this after the time skip.
- Hidden Depths: Is a lot more aware of what's going on around the house than the adults realize. She also knows how to record and upload videos to the internet.
- Hikkikomori: Locks herself in Noah's room a few days in after she realizes how hypocritical the adults are behaving.
- Ineffectual Loner: Because the adults are busy with their various issues and following the streams, Ella's left on her own throughout the thread.
- Smarter Than You Look: Is pretty smart for being only 9, something a lot of the adults don't realize.
- Spiritual Successor: In the timeskip, it's revealed that Ella started taking acting and comedy classes and began a web series when she entered high school, with plans to pursue a career in comedy.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Gives one to internet trolls and the whole family after all the secrets and lies in the house are exposed.