open/close all folders
- Canon Foreigner: Created especially for this show.
- Living Macguffin: The Gospil Seed inside him is what the villains are after.
- Heroic BSoD: Has one when he learns that the kidnapped Peach and Maple aren't at Bowser's Keep. Has another one later when Luigi seemingly falls to his death. Thankfully, the Ice Climbers save him.
- The Hero
- Papa Bear: After Maple's birth, he becomes much more protective of her and Peach, to the point where he flies off the handle when he hears that they've both been kidnapped (again) and rushes straight for Bowser's Keep.
- Butt-Monkey: As usual.
- Cowardly Lion: He might be a scaredy-cat, but he's just as capable as his brother.
- Big Damn Heroes: His introduction has him and Diddy save Mario, Peach and Billy from creatures in Hyrule Forest.
- Out of Focus: He avoids capture by the Elemental Knights in Episode 4, and isn't seen again until Episode 6.
- Canon Foreigner: Created especially for this show.
- Leeroy Jenkins: His go-to strategy. Bites him in the butt when he rushes into Peach's Castle and is promptly attacked by every minion in the Castle.
- Jumped at the Call: When he learns of the siege of Peach's Castle, he is quick to lend Fox his assistance. Hearing Ganondorf was involved may have swayed him.
- Parental Substitute: Word of God compares him and Jigglypuff to Pichu's babysitters. That said, there's no mention of Pichu's actual parents.
- Shock and Awe
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Uses Hyper Voice against Erpain. It doesn't phase him for long.
Erpain The Python
- Beware the Nice Ones: He is probably the most innocent and cheerful of the main characters. That said, when he sees Hydro Knight trying to drown Snake after having his Berserk Button pressed, his first reaction is to hit him in the face with a Warp Star.''
- Dynamic Entry: The above-mentioned Warp Star attack is also how he enters the scene.
- Funny Background Event: Is often the focus of one. For example, as E Gadd lays down some exposition, he is seen riding on the R.O.Bs in the foreground. He later returns to the group wearing a R.O.B visor.
- Out of Focus: He, Snake and Marth get a brief scene after reaching Yoshi's Island and being separated from the others, but they don't appear again for the rest of Episodes 5 and 6. The others don't even realize that they're gone until the adventure on the Island is concluded. Turns out they got picked up by Funky Kong.
Sonic The Hedgehog
- Deadpan Snarker: Most of his dialogue is him making snarky observations about something
- Super Speed: Natch.
- Samus Is a Girl: Gets brought up in Episode 4, when Blazing finds it out for the first time, which only makes him want to fight her more. Then the Power Suit comes off and he starts flirting with her. Samus is not amused... though Sonic and Zapper certainely are.
- Out of Focus: He, Captain Falcon and Marth get a brief scene after reaching Yoshi's Island and being separated from the others, but they don't appear again for the rest of Episodes 5 and 6. The others don't even realize that they're gone until the adventure on the Island is concluded. Turns out they got picked up by Funky Kong.
- Berserk Button: He loses it when he discovers that the Gospil Seed, which he has been searching for for years, is inside Billy, the only Piranha Plant who doesn't obey him. His rage at this is so intense that he passes out.
- Big Bad: He's the one leading the villains, and is the one that is most interested at finding the Gospil Seed.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: He carelessly mentions the Gospel Seed to the captured Falco and Luigi while engaging in some Evil Gloating. This is literally the only reason the Heroes know about the Seed to begin with.
- Bad Liar: His excuse for being missing from the castle all night is... he was getting a glass of water. All night. Bowser's not buying it.
- Like Father, Like Son: Kidnaps Maple after she is born. Unlike his father, he proves to not be as competent on the "taking the hostage back" part, as he loses her almost immediately.
- A God I Am Not: Though he calls himself the most superior of all Pokemon, he acknowledges his power is not infinite.
- Only Sane Man: Proves he's this to the villains on multiple occasions. For example, when Bowser tells the other villains about the Gospil Seed, they all begin to rush out to steal it for themselves, only for Mewtwo to stop them in their tracks and point out that Bowser only said that the Gospil Seed was in a Piranha Plant, but not which one specifically.
- He later figures out from a comment by Samus that the villains will not know how to control the Gospil seed when they finally obtain it, so he and Ludwig begin building a mind control cannon to control Billy instead.
- Memetic Mutation: The "Ridley is too big" meme was referenced when he couldn't fit in a door to see Ludwig and Mewtwo's presentation of the mind control cannon.
- Suddenly Voiced: this is the only media besides the Metroid comic book adaption where Ridley speaks full, coherent sentences.
Star Wolf (Wolf, Leon, and Panther)
- The Dragon: Wolf serves as this to Bowser during the siege on Peach's Castle.
- Big Entrance: Tried one by showing up in a blimp and sending two Waddle Dees down to herald his arrival, but King K Rool ruined it, which didn't end so well for him.
- Drop the Hammer: His weapon of choice, as usual.
King K Rool
- Deadpan Snarker: Normally when talking to Bowser.Bowser: I had to go be a parent.Ganondorf: Well, while you were off being "daddy"...
- Non-Action Big Bad: He hasn't had any active role in combat. He hasn't even been seen since Episode 5.
Armados the Space Pirate
- Number Two: To Ridley.