These are the allies who assist the Rangers in Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers: The Liveblog, in order of appearance.
UNMARKED SPOILERS AHEAD.
Tropes Applying to Them as a Whole
- Physical God: All the Spirits are deities to the Ranger worlds, helping them out when needed; a few like the Sentinel Knight and Sean can ascend and descend on their own will. They're also the most powerful Rangers with the possible exception of Rika, who potentially is stronger than even them.
Tropes Applying to Them as a Whole
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence: At the end of Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers III, all three are ascended into the company of the Tokusatsu Spirits thanks to their help in uncovering Lichdom and killing Dezumozorlya.
- The Atoner: They were the Horsemen, the main villains of Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers II, revived and wanting to atone for their sins.
- Bad Powers, Good People: In the cases of Conquest and Akira, both use powerful dark and fire spells against enemies, and the latter even has her bullet hell attacks, such as Annihilation. However, they want to make sure that the secrets of Lichdom falls into their hands so no one, not even the villains, would get it first and use it to their own means, and they also help the heroes in general.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: For both Conquest and Dante, RINO brainwashed them and turned them evil in order to serve as Horsemen. Conquest was turned into evil by gaining the tainted powers of the Ultimate Red Legendary Ranger, and Dante was mind raped.
- Power Trio: Of the Two Guys and a Girl variety.
- Took a Level in Badass: While they were no slouches in Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers II, Dante and Conquest especially, in Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers III, they became powerful enough to rack up an impressive body count against the villains. During that story, the trio fought off several Necromancers and their mooks, they survived through a few paths such as Dante's fight with Calindor in Chapter 4 and the entire Temple of the Worms in Chapter 10, and while Neo-Kiros' Parasite Curse scored an assist, they were the only ones to kill Dezumozorlya, the God of Evil himself, and lived to tell the tale. Their sheer determination to become Liches before any other villain got a hold of the secrets helped, too, even if one person ultimately went through with it.
- Whole Costume Reference
- Conquest's main outfit in Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers II and III is a purple leather jacket, complete with a purple fashion scarf, and dark leather pants, somewhat mirroring the fashion sense of Chase from Kamen Rider Drive. His Lich form's outfit, while keeping the same scarf, also takes cues from the Liches seen in the Skyrim mod, Undeath.
- Both of Akira's outfits reference Homura Akemi's. In Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers II and the beginning of Chapter 11 of III, she wears a black dress with white frills at the top, a nod to her witch dress. For the rest of the time in Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers III, hers is a sailor fuku-like getup, all in white, purple, and black.
Conquest / Sean Cw Johnson (Alternate)
- "I am the ruler of this reality. I am the man who will make everyone bow down to us, the Horsemen! I am Conquest!"" I know. (Sean) gave me that gift, too. But if its worth saving the entire world from damnation, Ill gladly lay down my life for this."
One of the four Horsemen and the group's leader. Conquest first shows up in Chapter 3, attacking the Tokusatsu Spirits and targeting Sean strictly because he sees him as Rika's favorite. He narrowly defeats the Ultimate Red Legendary Ranger until the Sentinel Knight and Phantom Ranger come to his aid, and he spends his time making sure the worlds are captured and the Red Rangers' powers are drained by having them act so out of character.
In Chapter 12, he once again faced Sean, and before fighting, revealed his backstory. Sean realized that his counterpart was brainwashed by RINO after accepting the Ultimate Red Legendary Ranger powers in his world, something that Conquest denied. After a very brutal fight, Conquest took the powers from his counterpart, once again corrupting him, this time to the brink of insanity and to the point where he declared everyone to be his enemies.
In Chapter 16, after declaring Sean's death, Conquest fights with Rika, nearly winning until Sean reawakens and saves her. The action also depowered the villain from the Ultimate Red Legendary powers. Despite putting up a decent fight, RINO kills Conquest after one too many failures and backstabbings, using his heart to transform into a hybrid of Conquest and himself. However, in the finale, he returns to help Rika take down RINO once and for all, as well as letting Akira/Death rest in peace.
Conquest returned in Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers III after he and his team were resurrected. From there, he led them in a mission to stop Dezumozorlya from becoming a Lich by taking the items needed. However, when they were captured, he decided to be the one who would go for the ritual. He succeeds in becoming a Lich, and he uses his new powers to assist in defeating Dezumozorlya.
- A God Am I: Starting in Chapter 12 of Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers II, he has his delusions set on ruling the Rangerverses himself by becoming the Ultimate Red Legendary Ranger, while still continuing to call Sean a pretender. Even when he loses his powers in Chapter 16, the delusions have not stopped until RINO breaks free of the man's brainwashing.
- And Show It to You: How Conquest finally meets his end in Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers II, after some very gory scenes of him getting ripped apart and his ribs broken in order to even get to his heart.
- Back from the Dead: Revived by the Tokusatsu Spirits after restoring the worlds to normal.
- Battle Theme Music: "Shudder Before the Beautiful" by Nightwish.
- Big Damn Heroes: He, along with Dante, saves Rika before RINO would kill her.
- Break the Badass: Planned to break Sean's spirit by calling him a "pretender" in the hopes of giving him the Ultimate Red Legendary Ranger powers. His second plan would be draining his powers and weakening him.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: "Ultimate Red Advent, Awaken the Legend!"
- Cruel and Unusual Death: RINO holds Conquest with the psychic powers, and literally tears him apart in order to get to his heart, including breaking his ribs and limbs. After having his heart eaten halfway, Conquest finally perishes.
- Dark Is Evil: Uses dark-based attacks like Shadow Fire. Is completely loyal to most of the Horsemen and tries to follow RINO's rules until he goes absolutely insane with power, thanks to the Ultimate Red Legendary Ranger's powers...
- Dark Is Not Evil: ...until the finale of Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers II and the entire story of Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers III, where he still wields such spells and attacks, but becomes one of the good guys.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: In Chapter 10 of Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers III, Conquest merely expressed slight amusement towards getting captured and tried to even tell Dezumozorlya how much his plan made little sense and felt samey. The only extreme emotion he has ever felt was anger, and that happened in Chapter 11, where he told the Eldritch to go away while he tried to prepare himself for the Lichdom ritual. Compare his reactions to that of everyone else, including his own teammates, where they become very fearful towards Dezumozorlya, with good reason.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": In both Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers II and Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers III, he really dislikes it whenever someone calls him by his birth name, "Sean". In the former, he says that the Sean in his dimension died when he became Conquest, see below for a bit more explanation on that. In the latter, he makes it explicitly clear to Dezumozorlya while being defiant towards the Eldritch. It's worth noting that the only person who can refer him to his birth name without any such resistance is Akira, having called him by his real name just before he was turned into a Lich.
- The Dragon: To RINO, being the one who mainly drives part of the plot, in Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers II.
- Evil Counterpart: To Sean, before his death and resurrection.
- Evil Sounds Deep: Has a deeper baritone voice than his own counterpart, and serves under RINO before going even more insane with power.
- Expy: Looks exactly like Sean and overall acts like Homura Akemi in Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie: Rebellion—especially with his obsessive behavior towards his rival. Some of his lines are also based on the latter's dialogue from the movie proper, and he declares to someone that they would be enemies from then on, that "someone" being Akira after a failed attempt to bring him back from insanity.
- He's also an expy to Sayaka Miki before his turn as Conquest. Once a celebrated hero as alternate!Sean, he makes a deal with a powerful being—and later suffer for it, getting horribly corrupted by the new powers and driven absolutely insane. And that deal with the powerful being? A devil of sorts, specifically the Big Bad in Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers II. To drive the point home, Sayaka's theme "Decretum" plays as Conquest talks about the second part of his backstory.
- Fallen Hero: Chapter 12 reveals a bit of Conquest's backstory: he's actually Sean from an alternate dimension. Like his good counterpart, he took part in a mission where RINO captured "a mysterious woman", later revealed to be Death herself. However, after getting killed in the final battle, "Aka Red" revives him by having him take the mantle of the Ultimate Red Legendary Ranger. Months passed, and the powers corrupted alternate!Sean to where he attacked his Tokusatsu Spirits and didn't care for anyone but himself; the Spirits responded by draining him of his powers and casting him away. And then he met RINO again...
- Glowing Eyelights of Undeath: Sports them when he becomes a Lich, and also in his Revenant form. They always glow blue.
- HeelFace Turn: After his death, he decides to help Rika to defeat RINO and Akira. He also remains good when he is revived.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Volunteers to become a Lich so that way, Dezumozorlya would not gain that power and the other members would live.
- Leitmotif: "I Was Waiting For This Moment". Similar to its usage in Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie: Rebellion, it was used when Conquest took over as the Ultimate Red Legendary Ranger.
- Locked into Strangeness: After becoming a Lich, Conquest's hair color changes from brunette to silver, and it's kept in his Revenant form as well.
- Meaningful Rename: "Conquest" means taking something by force, which is why it's more fitting than being traditionally called "Pestilence". Chapter 12 shows why, when he takes Sean's Ultimate Red Legendary Morpher after a bloodbath of a match.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Says it nearly word-for-word in "Why Would You Choose Them?", because he felt deep remorse over his actions under RINO's control.
- Official Couple: With Akira, as of Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers 3.5's finale.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Even after he's revived and atoning for his actions, he's still named "Conquest" both in-universe and out, primarily because there's already two people (one in-story) with the name of "Sean".
- Our Liches Are Different: As a Lich, Conquest gains stronger spells than he had when he was alive and human, such as Soul Drain, Shadow Inferno, Shadow Blizzard, Shadow Lightning, and Shadow Ultimate End. In addition to his preserved zombie-like Lich form, he has the ability to transform into his Revenant form, which is his corpse-like human form, a superpowered knight form known as the Revenant Knight, and as of 3.5, his Sumo Revenant form, capable of dishing out larger amounts of physical damage and unlocking sumo-themed attacks. He's also immortal, meaning that he can't ever be killed. And as for destroying the Phylactery? Like in Oblivion and Skyrim via the Undeath mod, it won't work once the Lich transformation is completed. However, he isn't driven by power like most liches, he's still heroic and serves as the Grim Reaper of sorts to the Ranger universe.
- Pet the Dog: He's one of the few Horsemen who treats Flurious fairly, coming to the villain's defense whenever War or RINO berates him.
- Purple Is Powerful: His main color of clothing, and he serves as the unofficial leader to the Horsemen and the overall dragon to RINO. He also manages to defeat Sean at the end of Chapter 12. Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers III still has him wear the old clothing, but it doesn't make him less powerful than before, still having his strongest attacks and is the de facto leader of the Brotherhood of Destruction. And when he becomes a Lich, he still hangs onto a little purple with his tattered robe and scarf, but he becomes even more powerful than when he was alive, and immortal.
- Reality Warper: While offscreen, he is the one responsible for the making the Red Rangers act way differently by giving them different personalities.
- Soul Jar: His Phylactery, which is a dark purple orb.
- That Man Is Dead: Like War/Dante before him, Conquest declared that the Sean in his dimension died years ago. Figuratively speaking, since he is him, and even said so in Chapter 3, but he's so corrupted at this point to the brink of insanity.
- Villainous Breakdown: Suffers one in Chapter 16. It's all because of him losing his powers and seeing Sean alive.
- Walking Spoiler: Especially in regards to his backstory and what exactly happens in the plot itself. Not only in Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers II, but Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers III as well.
- Weight Taller: In 3.5's finale, Conquest is revealed to have gained tremendous amounts of weight offscreen in his Revenant form, and on top of that, grew several inches to fit his new size. In his case, it is not due to the fattening curse, but him gaining the form of a sumo wrestler and overeating. This form is referred to as the Sumo Revenant form. He handwaves the sudden weight gain from overeating as a side effect of being a Lich."There is a reason why liches can't eat. This is that reason. At least for Rika and me."
War / Dante Sparda
- "Call me War. Im the one who causes fights, chaos. Sometimes even death."" yeah, you can all skip the pretentious bullshit and shove it. Yeah, I admit, I wasnt exactly heroic. But I care more about humans. And if you guys really think that Ill betray them You have another thing coming."
The second Horseman, War was a man who loved fighting and especially loved seeing people suffer. He was also the one who orchestrated the many murders of the Operation Overdrive team, sending them all into suicide missions, then resurrecting them, then forcing them to do it again. But there seemed to be something more to him...
After several chapters where he suffered from flashbacks to a time that may have been and a man he hasn't known, he brought Tim's team into a trap in San Angeles, succeeding in breaking their leader and capturing Orion and Michael. He challenged Tim to a fight to the death, which he eventually accepted.
It was at that battle where War's true self was revealed: he was none other than Dante from DmC Devil May Cry. While he was trying to become a hero for humanity, RINO and his team found him and decided to make him a Horseman. After that battle, RINO brainwashed Dante into becoming War, losing his sense of heroism and replacing that with a blood lust he could never quench. War eventually lost to Tim, becoming the first Horseman to die.
In the finale, Dante saved Rika from RINO's final attack, and he and Conquest managed to hold Akira off, mainly out of their friend's safety. When Flurious was finally killed off, he was revived with the other two Horsemen.
Dante returned in Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers III, helping Akira and Conquest out on uncovering the path to Lichdom before Dezumozorlya would uncover it for himself, and Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers 3.5, where he's joined by Dan and Xander on male bonding exercises in an island before things went wrong.
- Adaptational Heroism: In the brief time where we see his true self in Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers II, and during his appearances in Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers III and 3.5, this version of Dante is a lot nicer than in DmC Devil May Cry, though that's because his characterization in the end of the former game—him being a lot more helpful to humans—stuck.
- Alas, Poor Villain: Tim feels pity for Dante, since he was under RINO's brainwashing and had his personality overridden with it. When he dies, he decides to bury him out of respect.
- Back from the Dead: In the finale, the Tokusatsu Spirits revived him, along with Conquest and Akira.
- Battle Theme Music: "Follow the Trail of Blood" by Combichrist, until it turns into "What the Fuck is Wrong With You?", also by the same artist, halfway through.
- Big Damn Heroes: See Conquest's entry.
- Blood Knight: Really loves to see people in pain and inflict as much damage to them as possible.
- The Brute: As War, he emphasizes attacks and pain more than anything else.
- Catapult Nightmare: Receives a horrific dream in Chapter 5 of Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers 3.5, and after seemingly falling to his death in Limbo by Team Sartorius, he wakes up.
- Combat Sadomasochist: Tying into the blood knight thing War has, he even tells Tim to hurt him more near the end of the battle, which the Ranger is all too happy to provide.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: Calls out RINO, Conquest, and Akira for choosing him as a potential Horseman, as seen in the spoilered quote above. Before RINO unleashes the mind rape, he actually puts up a good fight against the trio.
- Evil Counterpart: To Tim Langdon/Go-Buster Ranger Red. Except he really isn't that evil.
- Eye Scream: In Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers 3.5, Dante loses an eye during the Megazord battle, when the Sartorius monster punches through the glass, embedding some chunks in his eye and forcing him to pull it out. He later gains an Eyepatch of Power to make up for it.
- Meaningful Rename: Before becoming more willing to help humans, Dante was an all-around blood knight who loved to inflict pain to his enemies. RINO managed to instill that personality to him when he brainwashed him, hence him becoming War.
- Never Live It Down: Inuniverse, both the heroes and villains will never forget how Dante taunted Mundus with Vergil killing Lilith and her unborn child.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Gives one to Tim during their fight, and he would have killed the Ranger if it wasn't for his sudden thirst to have his opponent beat him up.
- That Man Is Dead: Tells Tim that "Dante" is dead when the Ranger brings up the one thing he would not live down. Except that the real Dante isn't dead, he broke through the brainwashing long enough to tell the Ranger what happened.
- Walking Spoiler: Even ignoring the game-changing part of his death, it's almost impossible to note who War truly is without fully spoiling it in Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers II.
- Weapon of Choice: What makes it unique is that all of the weapons listed below are from DmC Devil May Cry instead of either being Ranger/Sentai weapons or based on them. It also gives a way to hint War's true identity.
- An Axe to Grind: Arbiter.
- Cool Guns: Ebony and Ivory.
- Cool Sword/Morph Weapon: Rebellion.
- Fuuma Shuriken: Aquila.
- Grenade Launcher: Kablooey.
- Power Fist: Eryx.
- Sawn-Off Shotgun: The Revenant.
- Sinister Scythe: Osiris.
- Whip It Good: The Ophion Whip, used primarily in its demon form. The angel form was briefly used when Dante fought against Death.
Death / Akira
- " well done. I know it isnt the best. But you truly are the real deal. Such power, such passion."
A young woman with the power to kill others, always has her powers shown offscreen for very obvious reasons. She's also Rika's Enemy Without, as she's the embodiment of all her negativities and stupid stuff she did in the past, up to and including killing her own characters off. Unlike her other allies, though, she sometimes questions decisions, treats Flurious with some respect, and actually isn't out-and-out evil.
After trying to help the heroes out in Chapter 16, Akira was left abandoned by Flurious, who called her out on her actions to kill people just because their real-life counterparts died. On top of that, RINO cursed her so she would die if he did. In the finale, she does die, but at the hands of Rika herself in a Mercy Kill...though she would later be brought back to life, along with her fellow Horsemen, by the Tokusatsu Spirits.
Like her comrades, Akira would later appear in Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers III, helping them out on the path to Lichdom.
- Back from the Dead: Was revived by the Tokusatsu Spirits in the finale.
- Break the Cutie: Let's just say that RINO did more than just breaking her mind so she wouldn't rebel against him, and leave it at that...because what he also did to her is much, much worse, to where it took a long while for her and Conquest to truly be a couple once again in Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers 3.5.
- In Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers III, she breaks down horribly when Conquest volunteers to become a Lich, fearing that the villains would control him and, therefore, she would lose him again.
- Dark Chick: Of the Horsemen.
- Enemy Without: Was casted aside when Rika rejected her dark past, taking on a life of its own.
- Evil Counterpart: Of Arcadiarika/Rika herself. Though she's actually not that evil, she's just showing that type of facade.
- HeelFace Door-Slam: In Chapter 16 of Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers II, she tried to side with the heroes, accepting Sean's offer to turn to their side and help take down RINO. Unfortunately for her, her former master had other plans for her after killing Conquest.
- Ironic Name: She's the embodiment of Death who doesn't actually show much of her powers onscreen. Whatever killings she does do are either offscreen or done in flashbacks.
- Meaningful Name: Her true "name", Akira, means "intelligent" or "clear"; and such an ability was shown when she tried to free Conquest from his insanity. It's also "Arika" spelt backwards—that name being the blogger's penname.
- Meaningful Rename: While not as subtle as her other two comrades, back then, Rika herself was known to kill off her own characters as part of her creator breakdown. Death would later embody those traits as a Horseman.
- Mercy Kill: Rika stabs Akira with her V-Lancer, allowing the wound from the attack to kill her before RINO's spell did.
- Official Couple: With Conquest. Despite him being undead.
- Reality Warper: Aside from her main powers, she also has the ability to do transformations to other people.
- Say My Name: In Chapter 11 of Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers III, Akira calls out Conquest by his real name just before he transforms into a Lich, out of fear of losing him again."SEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!"
- The Smurfette Principle: The only sole female member of the Horsemen and the only main female villain in Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers II. She's also the only female member of the Brotherhood of Destruction.
- Token Good Teammate: The only onscreen evil things she does are impeding Sean's progress to restore his powers, including turning him into a dragon, and giving Rika a disadvantage by making her gain weight near the end of the Sword Dynasty section of the liveblog.
- Weapon of Choice
- Cool Sword: The Sword of Mortis, which can change from a sword to a scythe.
- We Used to Be Friends: Was very hurt when Conquest insulted her plan in Chapter 13 of Super Sentai vs. Power Rangers II, and in Chapter 15, she begged for him to see the light and remember the plan to overthrow RINO. All was in vain, for he told her that they would be enemies. They would later reconcile in the finale, however.