open/close all folders
- Elemental Powers: Not him, but the Pokemon he owns:
- Embarrassing First Name: Not him, but his Pidgey, which his Pokédex suggests nicknaming "Butts".
- Played for Laughs, he names his rival Douche.
- He later beats up a trainer who is being a perfectly good sport over losing, just to acquire 430 Pokémon Dollars.
- Silent Protagonist: Like in canon, Red never says a word that we can hear. Not that he needs to. If needed, the Pokedex provides dialogue or exposition.
Blue / Douche
- Always Someone Better: Was one step ahead of Red in the past, and thinks he still is.
- Catchphrase: "Smell ya later!"
- Embarrassing Nickname: "Douche", Courtesy of Red.
- Jerkass: He insults his Squirtle to the point where it throws up to use Water Gun in an attempt to please him.
- Malicious Misnaming: The name's Blue, not Douche.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Gets way too close to Red on occasion...
- Stalker with a Crush: Blue shows signs of this when he comes back to take his Catchphrase literally.
- The Rival: To Red.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Unlike in the canon games, this is averted. Flashbacks show him as being just as much of a prick as a child as he is now.
- Elemental Powers: Her Pokemon.
- Fille Fatale: Professor Oak was only too happy to hang a lantern over this.Oak: "She's TEN you sick fuck!"
- Power Perversion Potential: When she gets Bulbasaur.Green: "Oh sweet! Tentacles!"
- Elemental Powers: As always, his Pokemon.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Onix and Geodude, the rock-and-ground type pokemon.
- Eyes Always Shut:"I know what you're thinking. I've been training here a while and in ten thousand light-years ... I've never seen him open those eyes."
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall:"Gen III bullcrap."
- Oblivious Mockery: Brock, while standing next to Red, who just happens to have chosen fire:Brock: You know, some people actually come here choosing fire as their starter Pokémon. Crazy, huh?
- Oh, Crap!: A massive one after he discovers Red's Charmander now knows "Metal Claw".
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Sees Green's Ivysaur and throws her the badge in frustration.
- Shout-Out: To the anime. Brock wanted to travel along with Red and become a Pokemon Breeder. Oh, that did not turn out well.
Team Rocket Grunts
- Elemental Powers: Their Pokemon.
- Failed Attempt at Drama:"[Team Rocket is a]n international crime syndicate with virtualy limitless resources, far reaching influence and untold power. You want to pick a fight with us? PREPARE FOR TROUBLE.'' Go Zubat! He's level eleven."
- Shout-Out: One of them tells Red to "Prepare For Trouble!", like in the anime.
- Everyone Has Standards: Willing to put his grandson and local child in danger to go find 150 Pokemon, but even he's not into children.
- Troll: To elaborate:Douche: "Every Pokemon? Are you serious? You're sending us KIDS out into the world to find EVERY Pokemon? You don't see ANYTHING dangerously irresponsible about this?"Oak: "Nope! Gotta Catch 'em All!"
Dex V 1.2
- Super Cell Reception: Much to Red's dismay, the phone function works even when sneaking through Mt. Moon.
- Troll: About as much as Oak. Gives ridiculous suggestions for Pokemon nicknames. Upon Red catching a Pidgey:Dex: Oooh, I know. Call it "BUTTS"! BUTTS used GUST! Haha...classic.
- Late to the Realization: The Slowpoke News will report on subjects that happened over anywhere between half a year and 3 DECADES earlier. Somehow, it's 2nd installment also managed to combine this trope with Too Soon...
- This Just In!: As delivered by Slowpoke whenever a famous person dies, utilizing Delayed Reaction.
Pikachu the Electric Killer
- Evil Makes You Ugly: Pikachu is decidedly less cute than the standard variety.
- Troll: Responds to Jenny's multiple execution attempts with a smirk.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: Tries to tell Green she's cute. He instead spouts his infamous line, causing his own Face Palm.
- Catchphrase: Even when he doesn't want to say it."I like shorts! They're comfortable and easy to wear!"
- Ungrateful Bastard: After Red rescued him from Team Rocket, he offered Red a fossil...only if Red battles him first. Naturally, Red tied him back up and made on his way.