Most of the characters (and all of the main characters) in this Disney Channel show are all members of the same family, although their neighbors, the Peters, appear semi-frequently.
Out of all the siblings, Harley is clearly the main character, as well as the show's narrator.
- Brainy Brunette: To the point her parents don't even think to check her report card; they just assume it's perfect.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Harley frequently talks to the audience to explain what's going on.
- Cool Big Sis: All three younger siblings seem to look up to her, but especially Daphne.
- Daddy's Girl: Seems to be closest to her father out of all her siblings.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Spends most of her free time inventing things.
- Genki Girl: Very, very peppy and talkative.
- The Hero: Shes the main character of the show.
- Hot-Blooded: At least when it comes to her next-door neighbor, Aidan.
- Hypocrite: Harley complains about Daphne being so manipulative, yet in several episodes, Harley is shown to be manipulative towards her parents.
- The Leader: To her entire family. Even her parents tend to look to her for what to do in difficult situations.
- Middle Child Syndrome: The middle of seven children.
- Nice Girl: She's very kind and always sees the good in people.
- The Smart Girl: Definitely the brains of the family. (See Brainy Brunette above.)
- Surrounded by Idiots: Harley definitely feels this way about her siblings at times, because they always break everything she makes or owns. Plus, even her own parents aren't always reliable.
- Wrench Wench: She's good at fixing things.
The oldest of the seven children, who tends not to get along with the younger members of the family.
- Aloof Big Sister: Tends to not like spending time with her younger siblings, at least in the first season.
- Alpha Bitch: Of the family, at least at first. Also, she's the head cheerleader in school.
- The Cheerleader: The captain of her school's cheerleading squad.
- Cool Big Sis: Seems to be evolving into this in season 2.
- The Fashionista: Definitely the most fashion-obsessed of the Diazes.
- Girly Girl: Easily the most feminine of her sisters.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: Vain yes, but there's good in her somewhere.
- It's All About Me: When she uploads photos to her social media account, she crops the image to remove anyone else standing nearby when the photo was taken, even if they're literally centimetres from her! She prefers that her boyfriend Cuff remain unemployed because a job distracts him from spending 100% of his time focussed on only her.
- Miss Fanservice: Especially in the earlier episodes.
- Phoneaholic Teenager: Really likes her technology.
- Put on a Bus: As of "Stuck With Rachel's Secret", she leaves the family to attend a fashion program in France.
One of the older-middle children, the sportiest of the siblings.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Some of her behavior suggests she could be somewhere on the autism spectrum.
- Bad Liar: Generally horrible at lying.
- The Klutz: Extraordinarily clumsy for an athlete, especially in season 1.
- Nice Girl: To the point of being too nice sometimes. In season 3 she's even explicitly called the nicest member of the family.
- Out of Focus: Up until season 3, she's the Big who's most likely to be missing from an episode, usually because of a game, practice, or sports camp.
- Passionate Sports Girl: Horrible at most sports, but still very much enjoys them.
- Quirky Curls: Oddly enough, the only one in her family to have them.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Easily as boy-crazy as Rachel, although generally very much a tomboy.
One of the older-middle children, and the oldest boy. The family musician.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: To most of the older kids. Most prominently when they are separated, but also occasionally shows up when they team up together.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Both boys can be pretty bratty, although they are rarely as actively malicious as Daphne.
- Cheerful Child: Both kids are pretty happy most of the time.
- Keet: Both boys are very much upbeat.
- Those Two Guys: They're almost always seen together.
The youngest of the seven children.
- Annoying Younger Sibling
- The Baby of the Bunch
- Bratty Half-Pint: Likes to get Harley in trouble and tends to be a bit annoying to the other older kids as well.
- Creepy Child
- Disproportionate Retribution: If you intend to take something from Daphne, always ask permission first!
- Harley's dinner ended up splattered over the floor when she took one french fry and the plate it was on shattered.
- In retaliation for Georgie and Ethan sneaking the tv remote away, Daphne sneaked into a barricaded room and shaved their eyebrows off while they slept.
- Elmuh Fudd Syndwome: Cannot pronounce her R's, a trait especially prominent in season 1.
- Freudian Excuse: Part of her reasons for getting Harley into trouble so often is that she misses hanging out with her big sister, whom she appears to have been quite close to when they were younger.
- Messy Hair: Nearly always has multiple hair accessories, and her hair never looks brushed.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Loves pink and dolls, but also hates wearing dresses while loving to get dirty with her older brothers.
The mother of the Diaz family.
The father of the Diaz family.
The Diaz family's selfish and mean next-door neighbor who loathes the family.
- Always Someone Better: How she compares herself to the Diaz family.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Briefly appears to be educated, worldly, and refined when she meets people. It turns out to be a mask for her true nature as a haughty, cunning, and lazy control freak.
- Control Freak
- Fat Bitch: Until her weight loss (the "bitch" part still stands)
- Formerly Fat: With her actress losing weight, she becomes visibly thinner each season.
- It's All About Me: She's extremely selfish.
- Large and in Charge: A (formerly) fat woman who thinks she's superior to everyone and gains positions of power in the neighborhood.
- Manipulative Bitch: More than content to put the Diaz family up against one another or even take advantage of her own daughter to frame them.
- My Beloved Smother: Averted. Ellie doesn't love her at all. She's slightly less controlling towards her nephew once he lives with her.
- Nosy Neighbor: She's very domineering towards the neighbors, especially Suzy and Tom because she criticizes their parenting.
- The Perfectionist
- Privileged Rival: To Suzy.
Harley Diaz's best friend
Harley Diaz's nemesis, ironically enough the cousin of her best friend.
- Cousin Oliver: Seems to be a replacement for his cousin Ellie.
- Jerk Jock: Plays lacrosse.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Initially seems quite selfish, but he is eventually revealed to be relatively kind-hearted.
- Only Child Syndrome: In contrast to the Diazes.
- Parental Neglect: Lives with his aunt instead of his parents; his mom is never mentioned, while his dad never visits, despite repeated promises to.