The following are people who regularly appear on StephenVlog. They are all either members of the Georg or Weir families or friends of Stephen and Mal.
Tropes about the StephenVlog Regulars in general:
- Seinfeldian Conversation: A trademark feature, as the vlogs cover what is going on in the lives of the stars. The infamous Carpet Debate is only one such example.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: This comes out mostly during gaming videos, but it is prevalent on the vlogs, as well. Alex and Hayley have this relationship with almost everyone.
- World of Snark: They are quite the bunch.
Stephen Georg is a YouTube content creator who runs both StephenVlog and StephenPlays along with Mal. He was born and raised in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and lives there to this day. He began creating YouTube videos in 2009 and has kept a near-perfect schedule since.
- Big Name Fan: In the MOTHER community, having worked on Fobbies Are Borange, Loids Are Not Christmas, and Ninten Speaks.
- Cool Big Bro: Karley seems to see him as such enjoying to tease him and seeks his aproval just as much as Mal's.
- Deadpan Snarker: Like most everyone regularly featured.
- Gentle Giant: Stephen is 6'6".
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Very rarely swears.
- Happily Married: To Mal since Day 620.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: The Huge Guy to Mal's Tiny Girl.
- Ill Boy: He has a severe physical disability—a heart defect—but he doesn't let it affect the quality of his life.
- Irony: Of the cosmic kind. He's really tall, and afraid of heights.
- Laughing Mad: Downplays this at the end of surl.
- One Head Taller: Than not just Mal but practically any person standing next to him.
- Otaku: He is obsessed with space and EarthBound.
- Real Men Cook: Generally leaves it up to Mal, as she enjoys it more, but he has promised to cook at least once per week.
- Schedule Slip: Occasionally happens when he goes on trips or have guests over, as the StephenPlays channel generally takes priority.
- He missed entire days of vlogging during Year One, but nowadays he never misses; it's just a matter of when the videos actually come out.
- Signing-Off Catchphrase: "Let's meet back tomorrow, shall we?"
Mal is a former high school art teacher, originally from Wisconsin. She is fond of cooking and crafts projects.
- Cool Big Sis: Appears to be seen as this by her younger friends.
- Cool Teacher: As long as the students follow the rules she set they pass. Her rules are simple like; use colors, remember that material, etc.
- Cunning Linguist: Especially when it comes to Japanese and French.
- Deadpan Snarker: Not as much as some of the others on the vlog, but she has her moments.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: One of her hobbies.
- Gamer Chick: Even better than Stephen if she dares to be.
- Happily Married: To Stephen.
- Hidden Depths: Whenever she says she's not very experienced at a two-player game, expect a Gilligan Cut to her beating Stephen at it.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: The Tiny Girl to Stephen's Huge Guy.
- She's not tiny, but compared to Stephen most people would look short.
- Otaku: She is really into space and the Mother series, just like Stephen. She also has an interest in art history.
- Occidental Otaku: Loves anime and learned some Japanese for it and Mother 3.
- The Pollyanna: Is rarely seen without a smile or an optimistic comment.
- The Quiet One: She is very shy and generally lets Stephen do the talking.
- The Woobie: Mal became this in hindsight when one vlog revealed she had been going through great stress at her high school art class teaching job, with some kids ignoring, insulting, and even threatening her and the school staff not doing anything about it to the point where she would come home crying. She eventually resigned after only working there for a few years, because it was just that bad. Luckily, Stephen, her friends, and of course the viewers have been there to support her.
Dan was one of Stephen's SCAD roommates and frequently appears in the earlier vlog episodes. He is originally from Florida. He has a YouTube series called the Art School, based on made-up adventures from the guys' university days, and runs a couple of YouTube channels of his own. Since 2016 he has also edited videos for StephenPlays, specifically Memorable Moments and GTA Online.
- Borrowed Catchphrase: "I AM DAN" was part of Stephen's joke messenger phrase when he was imitating Dan as part of a prank, but Dan himself has used it since then.
- Butt-Monkey: Has been the subject of pranks a few times.
- Catchphrase: "What do you think about [x]? Comment down below! Links in the sidebar!"
Alex was one of Stephen's college roommates as well, hailing from Alabama. He and Stephen met on starmen.net and decided to be roommates.
- Deadpan Snarker: Easily the snarkiest of the bunch, with only Hayley giving him a run for his money.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: With Hayley.
- In Case You Forgot Who Wrote It: Often makes fun of Stephen for putting his name in everything.
- Official Couple: With Hayley.
- Running Gag: Complaining about Stephen filming him (and everything), usually in an exaggerated way.
Hayley was Mal's college roommate during their days at the University of Wisconsin-Stout. They, too, met on starmen.net and decided to live together. She and Alex recently got engaged.
- Establishing Character Moment: Her first appearance on Day 388 has her remark this. "Feel free to let me in at any moment, you jerks."
- Deadpan Snarker: Competes with her fiancé, Alex, over the title of Snarkiest.
- Gamer Chick
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: With Alex.
- Official Couple: With Alex.
- One Head Shorter: Than everyone. She's 4' 11".
- Punny Name: Her Youtube name is "The Kubliest" (what's after 'Kubler'?)
- Spell My Name with an "S": Commenters often get the spelling of her name wrong; when the gang play Jackbox games, she often references this by using an absurdly-spelled version of her name as her username.
- Troll: Parodies the trope - she often posts on Stephen's gaming videos insulting "this Hayley character" and saying Stephen shouldn't let her on anymore, or asking if Alex is single, etc., just to see how many commenters fail to realise who she is.
Taylor was Stephen's other college roommate.
- The Quiet One: Very rarely speaks.
Karley is Mal's younger sister. She appears in the vlog during her breaks from school.
Thomas is a friend of Stephen and Mal's.
- Ascended Fanboy: He was a fan of the vlog before moving closer to Stephen and Mal and becoming real life friends.
- Handicapped Badass: Like Tyler is he both left handed and color blind, giving him some problems during certain games, still he's an Deadpan Snarker who's also an Ensemble Dark Horse.
- The Munchausen: In his StephenWiki article.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Very fond of saying disturbing things for shock value.