This page is part of the character sheet for Starfinder, covering non-playable Ooze creatures.
A broad category of creatures united mostly by being naturally amorphous and lacking specialized body parts, existing as living masses of various substances. Most that aren't masses of protoplasm are liquids or colloids of some sort or another, but gaseous and plasma-based oozes also exist.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Due to sloppy programming, the code embedded within an assembly ooze has an unfortunate tendency to become corrupted, causing the ooze to haphazardly deconstruct any nearby tech and use the pieces to build random items. These oozes are the bane of every place where technological devices are present.
- Grey Goo: Due to the presence of reproduction programming, a rogue assembly ooze introduced into an environment stocked with technological items could completely overrun such a place in days, leaving behind a wasteland of cheap laser pistols and smoke grenades.
- Mobile Factory: Assembly oozes are designed for the purpose of constructing technological devices.
- Nanomachines: An assembly ooze consists of a nanobot core suspended within a blob of animated protoplasm.
- Non-Malicious Monster: Assembly oozes hold no innate malice despite being massive pests.
Ferromagnetic fluid, or ferrofluid, has long been a staple of spacefaring technology. Societies across the galaxy originally created this utilitarian substance by suspending coated nanometer-sized particles of magnetite in viscous liquid. As necessity demanded invention, later iterations of the magnetic liquid began to take on an almost lifelike temperament. The substance increasingly exhibited erratic behavior as engineers tinkered with heavily magnetized liquids, using experimental bioengineered substances to suspend magnetic particles. The final result of these developments was an emergent, though limited, sentience within certain pools of ferrofluida consciousness solely consumed with the search for ever-stronger magnetic fields.
Purportedly born from some ill-informed experiment performed during the Gap, bodysnatcher slimes are parasitic organisms that commandeer hosts to experience life through their senses.
Carnivorous flying oozes found on many worlds.
Magma oozes are living pools of bubbling molten rock that churn and move of their own accord.
Disease given physical form, plague oozes are most commonly found on the living planet of Aucturn.
Oozes originating from deep space in the Shadow Plane.
- Asteroids Monster: When they regain more hit points than thier maximum thanks to their shadow siphon ability they split in two with the hit points divided evenly between them.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: They can survive in a vacuum indefinitely with no negative side effects. This trait allows them to act as extraterrestrial remoras, floating in space and hitching a ride on ships that pass nearby.
- Brown Note: Getting hit by one of their pseudopod attacks and failing an accompanying save renders all of a creature's senses nonfunctional for one round.
- Casting a Shadow: Light is automatically reduced around them and they heal whenever a dying creature looses a resolve point while in this aura.
The aggressive and insightful genetic manipulators known as thorgothrels enforce their vision of retrogressive development on other species.
- The Assimilator: The rare gene-scavenger slimes construct shells from parts of whatever creatures they encounter, incorporating abilities from various species.
- The Engineer: Scavenger slimes can patch or repair nearly anything they encounter.
- Improvised Armour: Scavenger slimes build protective shells for themselves out of refuse and their own natural resin, incorporating bits of repaired technology as they go.
A sentient and malevolent hue that defies classification and eludes identification by most sensors.
Originating from the Plane of Earth, these oozes convert both living and nonliving materials into the crystals they eat.
Oozes formed from a bizarre symbiosis of living material and technology. Typically confined to crystalline containers that keep them from coming apart, they serve as living computers for the starships of the Dominion of the Black.
Researchers who experiment too recklessly with quantum forces run the risk of spontaneously creating a quantum slime, an incredibly dangerous ooze composed of enlarged subatomic particles floating inside a mass of cloudy protoplasm-like goo. Though mindless, a quantum slime has the ability to alter reality at a quantum level, calling forth storms of cosmic energy, teleporting itself and others, or diminishing a creatures overall competency.
Powerful beings of living plasma most often seen in the immediate vicinity of a stars surface, plasma oozes are significant threats to even the Pact Worlds most experienced spacefarers.
The horrific creature known as a living apocalypse is created when the most powerful destructive energies known to the galaxy are unleashed without constraint or limitation, especially in acts of malice or as a result of criminal negligence
A photonic anomaly is born when two or more infinitesimal gamma rays, each traveling a few millimeters in a random direction, happen to match trajectories perfectly. The cluster continues to dart randomly around the interior of the star until another nearby protophoton or gamma ray cluster again travels in the same direction, after which the two combine. Over millions and millions of years, these clusters can grow into a starship-sized entity that roams its home star.