Tropes relating to the cast of Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
The hero of the story and the son of the country's military advisor, Fidel now teaches swordsmanship to those in his hometown of Sthal. Like his upstanding father, he feels a sense of honor and responsibility to use his skills to protect his village.
- Blue Is Heroic: Along with his hair, his clothes are predominantly blue; fitting, as he's the main character.
- Childhood Friends: With Miki.
- Curtains Match The Windows: His eyes and hair are the same dark blue colour.
- Declaration of Protection: He makes one to Relia.
- Expy: Much like Roddick Farrence, Fidel is the native of an underdeveloped planet who uses the sword skills he learned from his father to protect his hometown alongside a childhood friend with healing abilities.
- His swordsmanship skills are also very similar to Fayt's. It's revealed at the end of the game that he joined the Federation military, and his swordsmanship style was integrated into the military and taught to future soldiers.
- The Hero
- Heroes Prefer Swords: His Weapon of Choice is a sword.
- Meaningful Name: "Fidel" means faith, calling to mind the title.
- Missing Mom: She died of an illness years before.
- Papa Wolf: Fidel will cut down anyone who threatens Relia.
- Parental Substitute: He quickly takes on the role of Relia's surrogate father. He makes it official in a special ending.
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: The blue to Miki's pink.
- The Rival: Humorously alluded to as such by Emmerson in Anne's ending, with Emmerson saying that he won't allow Fidel in his fleet if he hooks up with Anne because he'll consider Fidel one.
- Sword and Sorcerer: The Sword to Miki's Sorceress.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Fidel has a very tense relationship with his father.
A friend who grew up with Fidel, Miki is positive and charmingly upbeat, but also very protective of those she cares about. She's imbued with signets that give her the ability to heal others.
- Affectionate Nickname: Calls Fidel "Fiddly."
- Big Eater: Miki's Private Actions frequently revolve around her appetite.
- The Chick: Miki is Fidel's biggest emotional support.
- Childhood Friends: With Fidel.
- Declaration of Protection: She also makes one to Relia.
- Energy Ball: Miki's standard ranged attack is to shoot balls of light from her staff which are powered by her intelligence rather than her strength.
- Expy: Of Millie Chilette, as a childhood friend of the hero who learned healing powers to emulate one of her parents.
- First Girl Wins: In her ending. Fidel and Miki's affinity for each other is already very high, so it's easy to end up with her unless countermeasures are taken.
- Hair Decorations: Two little bell-shaped cloths and a flower.
- Healer Signs On Early: She joins properly the moment Fidel leaves the starting town, and remains with him for the entire game save for a short time where she is injured and recovering aboard the Charles D. Goale.
- Mama Bear: Miki reacts violently to anyone who threatens or mistreats Relia.
- The Medic: Possesses the rare ability to heal. She learned how to do so to emulate her mother, and so she would never again feel as helpless as she did when her parents died.
- Parental Abandonment: Her parents died at about the same time Fidel's mother did, of the same illness.
- Parental Substitute: Miki wastes no time taking on the role of Relia's surrogate mother. She makes it official in a special ending.
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: The pink to Fidel's blue.
- Power Tattoo: She has a tattoo on her back that allows her to use Signeturgy.
- Promoted to Love Interest: About three-quarters of the way through the story, when she promotes herself out of the friendzone. Whether or not Fidel ultimately ends up with her depends on various factors.
- Red Mage: Her main role is to act as the party's healer but she does get some decent attack spells. Her attacking signets are spread among fire, earth, and light.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie
- Simple Staff: Her Weapon of Choice is a staff.
- The Southpaw: Miki is left-handed.
- Strong Family Resemblance: She is noted to greatly resemble her late mother.
- Sweet Tooth: A PA shows that she's eaten 263 different types of sweets in Resulia alone and she's still itching for more.Miki: I won't stop eating until I've at least had a bite of every last sweet in the world!
- Sword and Sorcerer: The Sorceress to Fidel's sword.
- White Magician Girl: Her primary role in the party is the healer.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is pink.
A mysterious girl with no memory of anything that happened before she met Fidel and Miki. She isn't very emotive, and tends to cling to Miki. It seems that strange people are trying to capture her.
- Amnesiac Hero: Naturally, her goal is to get her memories back.
- Artificial Human: She was created to be a living weapon via the spacetime symbols imbued into her DNA.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: She gradually opens up to Fidel and the rest of the party as the game goes on.
- Emotionless Girl: The whole point of her journey is to draw away from this the more memories she gets back.
- Happily Adopted: By Fidel and Miki at the end of the game.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Relia is distinguishable from her twin sister Feria by her longer hair.
- In-Series Nickname: Little Miss Starlight, per Emmerson.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: She remembers nothing about her past or where her powers came from.
- The Load: She is an active party member, but doesn't actually do any fighting, has no skills and no magic and you can't assume direct control of her. She's essential to the story, but in terms of gameplay she exists only to cast the occasional Status Buff and to act as a repository for accessories and roles that benefit the party but not the individual character.
- Mysterious Waif: She exhibits some rather strange powers, including freezing time. Part of the campaign involves finding more about her and her abilities.
- Mystical White Hair: Though her hair's a bit on the gray side.
A member of the King's Chosen, an elite group of soldiers in the Central Resulian Army. Victor has a very strong sense of duty and although he never hesitates to fulfill an order, he's conflicted on how his job requires him to end the lives of others.
- Adorkable: Shown more through private actions like when he tried to challenge a cat to a fight saying he felt bloodlust coming from it because he's afraid of cats.
- Big Brother Mentor: He becomes this toward Fidel, the two of them having both been trained by Fidel's father.
- The Big Guy: The heavy hitter and combat expert of the group.
- Casting a Shadow: A few of his battle skills have the darkness element attached to them.
- Celibate Hero: Though he does mention that he was in love with someone before, but she passed away.
- The Comically Serious: In one PA, he tries to challenge an old man to a fight because he thinks said old man is ignoring him, when it turns out he's deaf.
- First Love: Mentions that he was in love with someone before, but implied that said person is no longer with him.
- Heroes Love Dogs: Victor is a kind and noble man with a strong fondness for dogs. This puts him at odds with Anne a couple times.
- Hero Worship: Hold Fidel's father, Daril, in extremely high regard.
- Multicolored Hair: Has red streaks in his hair. Oddly enough, this only ever shows up in 2D portraits, as it wasn't rendered on his in-game model.
- Picky Eater: A private action reveals that he doesn't like to eat spinach and is a point of embarrassment for him.
A researcher at the Royal Institute of Signetary Studies in Langdauq, Fiore is a very adept signeturge, imbued with the power to use destructive spells.
- Animal Motifs: Cats.
- Badass Bookworm: She's a genius Signeturge and skilled in battle.
- Cool Big Sis: She takes on this role towards Miki, encouraging the younger woman's desire to study signetury.
- Dangerously Short Skirt: It doesn't even remotely hide the geometric cutouts on her rear.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: In her ending, after he tells her he needs to study, Fiore tells Fidel that they will "compensate with a remedial study session at night."
- Healing Hands: Possible for her to learn Healing later on in the story, though she never comes close to matching Miki in that area.
- Improbable Weapon User: Uses magic orbs in battle.
- Lady of Black Magic: Specializes in water, wind, and darkness signets.
- Power Tattoo: On her thigh. They enable her to use Signeturgy.
- Rapunzel Hair: Goes down to her hips while in thick curls.
- Red Mage: She is primarily an offensive spell caster, but Fiore can learn some single target healing signets.
- Significant Birth Date: In Star Ocean: Anamnesis, her birthday is stated to be October 31 (Halloween).
- Stripperiffic: Her outfit leaves very little to the imagination. The problems with such an outfit are lampshaded in a PA when Fiore reveals that she keeps multiple copies in various sizes to account for fluctuations in her weight.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!: Uses her position as a Langdauq emissary and Fidel's blood relation to Daril to help the plot along. She also bluntly tells Fidel that he can't be embarrassed to use his connections when needed and that he's still a child for choosing to maintain his pride over getting the help they need.
- The Smart Girl: Fiore is the party's expert on all things related to Signeturgy.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Fiore introduced Symbological Genetics to the Pangalactic Federation, nearly triggering Armageddon two hundred years later. Fortunately, since it was based on the experiments on Relia and Feria, it came with the ability to fight back.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is green.
With looks that could kill and nerves of steel, one would assume Anne has ice in her veins to go with all that, but she is actually one of the kindest people there is.
- Action Girl: Fighting up close and personal alongside the swordsmen and keeping up definitely qualifies her as one.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: She fights using martial arts.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Anne is very loyal to Emmerson because he was the first person to reach out to her as an equal instead of keeping her at arm's length because of her intellect.
- Expy: Of Ilya Silvestri. Bare-Fisted Monk and Hypercompetent Sidekick to a spaceship captain.
- Genius Bruiser: A heavy hitter and good with technology.
- Intelligence Equals Isolation: Anne was very lonely growing up due to the gap her exceptional intellect placed between her and her peers. That only changed when Emmerson head-hunted her.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Her love of cats burns brighter than multiple systems' stars.
- Protection Mission: Several times during the story, and if she dies, the game's over.
- Raised by Grandparents: Anne was raised by her grandmother, an eight foot tall martial artist and computer genius who measured her alcohol consumption in barrels. Anne was probably screwing with Emmerson about the eight feet tall part.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Anne is frequently exasperated by Emmerson's antics, but is intensely loyal to him just the same.
- The Smart Guy: Anne is the party's go-to person when it comes to technology.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She's got green hair.
Emmerson T. Kenny
Anne's companion, who's always on the lookout for exquisite liquors and eligible women.
- Automatic Crossbow: His Weapon of Choice.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Emmerson is rather goofy and enjoys both women and alcohol, but he is Anne's intellectual equal and an extremely competent officer of the Federation.
- Casanova Wannabe: Likes the ladies, but the ladies don't seem to like him.
- Curtains Match the Window: Blue hair and blue eyes.
- Expy: Of Ronyx J. Kenny. Crossbow user? Check. The Captain of a spaceship? Check. Member of the Kenny family? Check.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has multiple scars on his face.
- Heroic Lineage: He is a direct descendant of Claude C. Kenny and Rena Lanford.
- One of his battle victory quote had him alluding to being of the bloodline of the "Hero of Light".
- The Lancer: Emmerson acts as a more experienced foil to Fidel.
- Shared Family Quirks: Ilia and Claude's tendency to rate their performance in battle has lasted a couple centuries.
- Stepford Smiler: Emmerson acts like a womanizer who doesn't care about much, but the burden of having to live up to his family's legacy and lack of choice in the matter has left him with an even bigger chip on his shoulder than Claude. Much of his behavior is a rebellion against his relatives constantly telling him not to disgrace the family name.
- Uneven Hybrid: He is heavily implied to be descended from Rena Lanford, making him part Nedian. He didn't inherit their natural Symbology, but Emmerson does share Rena and Rhima's intellect.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: His hair and eyes are blue, a clue that he is Rena's descendant.
- Expy: of Dorne Murtough. The hero's childhood friend who becomes Out of Focus early in the game.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: In a way since even though he is a capable swordsman, without a legacy behind his name like Fidel he's just another swordsman.
For being the mayor of a small village, he is rather young. Although he can be a coward sometimes, Aragogh always has Sthal on his mind and in his heart.
- Lovable Coward: He is a bit cowardly, but he's always ready to step up and help his people.
- Four-Star Badass: He's a military advisor for the king.
- Good Is Not Nice: He's kind of a jerk to Fidel, due to having high standards for his son and successor.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Though he can be rather cold to others, he did take Miki in after her parents died when she was a child.
- Parental Substitute: He took Miki in after she lost her parents to the same epidemic that killed Daril's wife.
- Small Role, Big Impact: He's not a major character, but he pioneered the swordsmanship style laternote used by Fayt in his game.
- Taking the Bullet: He dies taking one for Feria.
- When You Coming Home, Dad?: Daril's job frequently kept him away from home for long periods, driving a rift between him and Fidel. The last straw for Fidel occurred when he was twelve years old and Daril failed to show up for his own wife's funeral.
- Barefisted Monk: He uses martial arts to fight.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: A brawler like Anne.
- The Medic: She can use healing magic.
- Playing with Fire: She can use fire magic.
- Simple Staff: Her Weapon of Choice is a staff.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: A signature user like Fiore.
- The Straight and Arrow Path: Uses a crossbow in combat.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: A crossbow user, just like Emmerson.
Tropes about her are listed in the main page.
- Hand-Hiding Sleeves: Possibly to show his youth since the coat he wears is big enough to go past his fingertips and the end of the coat drags on the floor.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Needs to be in order to lead the best researchers Langdauq has to offer while still being so young.
- Young and in Charge: 14 years old and already director of the top research institute.
FeriaRelia's fellow symbological research test subject. She looks identical to Relia and possesses the same DNA. The only difference between them is that her hair has been cut short.
- Foreshadowing: Relia doesn't remember Miki when they rescue her partway into the game. That's because she's actually Feria. She implies she's not actually Relia in a few Private Actions in town as well.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Has shorter hair than Relia.
- Twin Switch: Briefly takes Relia's place in the party when they think they've rescued Relia from a research center.
- Badass Baritone
- Expy: of Albel Nox add some yellow tint to his hair and you basically have Albel in both appearance and personality.
- Magic Knight: Skilled with a sword, but more comfortable conjuring signeturgical blazes to wreak havoc for him.
- Older Hero vs. Younger Villain: His rivalry with Daril.
- The Rival: To Daril.
- Sinister Scimitar: In stark contrast to Fidel, Victor, and Daril.
- The Spartan Way: The product of Trei'kur society.
- Would Hurt a Child: Has no reservations about lobbing a fireball at Relia.
- Gangsta Style: Holds his blaster this way when he throws a tantrum and shoots Miki.
- Large Ham: By far the biggest one in the game.
- Might Makes Right: His overall philosophy.
- Pitiful Worms: Calls everybody "maggot".
- Fat Bastard: Weighs 287 pounds and is a hateful man.
- Good Hair, Evil Hair: A particularly ridiculous looking mustache.
- The Resenter: To Emmerson.