open/close all folders
Nintendo Power Comics
Fox's mother from the comic, who was killed in a car bomb when Fox was little. Her killer was Andross, who had fallen in love with Vixy and intended to kill her lover, but Vixy was killed by mistake.
- Animal Theme Naming: Her first name "Vixy" alludes to "vixen", which is a term for a female fox. Also Species Surname, see below.
- Canon Foreigner: Vixy has made no appearance, nor received any mention any of the games. That said, Fox is an orphan, meaning that he obviously had a mother at some point, and her character is one that can easily fit in continuity.
- Death by Origin Story: She was already dead years before the events of the comic.
- External Combustion: She was killed by a car bomb.
- Hartman Hips: Given that Fara is supposed to be a near dead-on match to Vixy in terms of her physical appearance, Vixy almost definitely fit this trope when she was alive.
- Missing Mom: She's dead in the comics and simply unmentioned everywhere else.
- Murder by Mistake: Andross planted a car bomb intended for Fox's father. Unfortunately, Vixy used his car to get to work on that day, and she was killed when it automatically went off.
- Posthumous Character: Died years ago accidentally as Andross was trying to kill Fox Senior.
- Punny Name: Vixy's name comes from "Vixen", which is the correct term for a female fox. Her last name comes from the "Reynard Cycle", a medieval French book about the adventures of a clever fox named Reynard (fr: Renart). The book was so popular in the Middle Ages that it gave its name to the animal ("Renard" is French for fox). In-universe, going with the concurring theme of being named after one's species, it may provide a reason for why Fox is called Fox in the SNES continuity.
- Species Surname: Her last name "Reinard" is close to "renard", the French word for fox.
Star Fox: Farewell, Beloved Falco
- The Heavy: Andross may be the Big Bad and Final Boss, but Shears is the one driving the plot.
- Last-Name Basis: Much like Pepper, we never find out his given name, considering he's military, who are this trope.
- The Mole: Loyal to Andross.
- Shout-Out: Shears closely resembles General Pepper's appearance from Star Fox 2. Shears's name, as with Pepper's, is a also a reference to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts' Club Band.
- Villainous Breakdown: As soon as it becomes apparent that Fox or Katt are going to stumble on his attempts at cloning Andross, he loses it, becoming rapier-crazy and hunting Fox down like a lunatic.
Katt's Love Interest in Farewell, Beloved Falco, and one of the members of FREE AS A BIRD. Though his name was not given in the Manga, his name is supposedly Cool.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Katt and he were seemingly going to abandon outlaw lifestyle and start over together, at the suggestion of Falco... until Katt returned in Command and Cool was nowhere to be seen.
- Flat Character: Cool is Katt's new boyfriend... aaaaand that's it.
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: Cool is the blue to Katt's pink.
- Romantic Runner-Up: Katt seems to genuinely like him and does imply she has romantic feelings towards him. However, it seems she's gone right back to falling for Falco.
- Satellite Love Interest: Read Flat Character above.
One of the FREE AS A BIRD members introduced in Farewell, Beloved Falco. The name "Mousor" comes from the back of his jacket. He looks awfully familiar...
One of the FREE AS A BIRD members introduced in Farewell, Beloved Falco. The name "Bowsor" comes from the back of his jacket. Despite his name, he does not actually resemble Bowser, though he is reptilian.