Refer to the show's character sheet for tropes outside the ones introduced in the story. Also, beware of unmarked spoilers.
Star Butterfly (Stand: Ice-Ice Baby)
The Princess of Mewni residing on Earth who becomes the sole Mewman to have a Stand. In 2046, She is the Queen of a Mewman-Monster unified Mewni.
- An Ice Person: Ice-Ice Baby possesses power over ice and cold. 2046!Star even utilizes this subconsciously by creating a literal umbrella effect with the rain.
- Generation Xerox: She grew up to be more like her mother than she ever thought she would.
- The Woman Wearing the Queenly Mask: 2046!Star is this, adding to her reputation as "Mewni's Iron Wall". This has lead to her strictly sheltering her daughters from birth up until months before their 14th birthday.
Marco Diaz (Stand: Kung Fu Fighting)
The usual Straight Man of the group turned megalomaniacal fighter. In 2046, he is king of the Zunaan Dimension and 16th husband of Hekapoo.
- A God Am I: Marco when he completed his 2,000 years of training, even declaring himself as the new God of Destruction. 2046!Marco would later find such a title to be beneath him.
- Amazonian Beauty: Kung Fu Fighting's physique is that of a Statuesque Stunner with comedically oversized breasts.
- Anime Chinese Girl: Kung Fu Fighting is depicted as such in a red Qipao with hair buns. It could be mistaken for a real person if not for its blue skin.
- Arrogent Kung Fu Guy: Becomes this after training for a few millenia then stealing away the title of the stronger from Fats Dynamite. Jefferson and Janna are quick to humble him with a restraining bolt, while underestimating his opponents costs him his vision and his ego.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: Future!Marco became king of the Zunaan Dimension after he spent 5 days subjugating the constantly warring tribes, surprisingly without bloodshed.
- Calling Your Attacks: In keeping up with his martial arts background.
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath: Post-Training!Marco gained a near-unsatiable bloodlust that lead to him taking the fight to the enemy Stand users directly, often leading to unwanted ambushes. This passion was kept in check by Janna's Stand and Jefferson's observance so that he wouldn't turn into a complete monster. As a result, his demeanor is rather coarse (especially towards Jefferson).
- Elemental Powers: Kung-Fu Fighting: Star Mode has access to the five Chinese elements of Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, and Water.
- Faking the Dead: How he put an end to his life on Earth after graduating high school before leaving his home dimension for good. He wanted his parents last memories of him to be of the boy that he was, rather than who he'd became.
- Heroic RRoD: Due to his body not keeping up with the rest of him, 2016!Marco can only use 30% else he risks rupturing his insides. This will no longer be a problem due to training his body regularly outside of Hekapoo's dimension.
- Humble Hero: By 2046 he has lost much of the ego he had as a young man, despite being even more powerful. At least enough to admit that with the right training Marisol could take his title as the strongest from him.
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: Kung Fu Fighting has this staple Joestar attack.
- Really 700 Years Old: His mind and spirit due to his 2,000 years of training in Hekapoo's home dimension. His body is subject to Earth's timeline whenever he leaves.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: He is madly in love with his wife Hekapoo, and it's very much reciprocated.
- Story-Breaker Power: What makes Kung-Fu Fighting so deadly isn't it's destructive capability, but it's infinite development potential. While other stands will eventually reach a point where their potential will hit E and they will stop being able to get stronger or develop new powers, Kung-Fu Fighting has no such restriction and can continue to grow more powerful as long as Marco trains it. Marco was able to train for more than two thousand years and his stand never peaked in power the entire time.
- Super Power Lottery: His stand is an insanely powerful close combat stand with an unlimited ability to grow stronger.
- The One Guy: He is the only male of the group of offense-based Stand users.
- Time to Unlock More True Potential: As stated above, Kung-Fu Fighting has no limit to it's developmental potential. So as long as Marco trains, his stand will continue to grow stronger and develop new abilities potentially forever.
- World's Strongest Man: The universe's strongest warrior to be accurate.
Jackie-Lynn Thomas (Stand: Pinball Wizard)
Once a cool and collected skateboarder, her mind has been altered/expanded to be in tune with the universe which leads to her founding of Omnitology in the future.
- Amicable Exes: With Marco due to them both finding someone else, for appearance's sake at least. In truth, she doesn't like who Marco has become, and is disturbed by his relationship with Hekapoo much like Jefferson is.
- Boring, but Practical: Despite how effective Pinball Wizard can be, it's just not as flashy as the other team members' Stands.
- Bouncing Battler: Pinball Wizard's means of attack using its body as a Pinball Projectile.
- Crippling Overspecialization: Pinball Wizard can only launch itself in one direction, relying on other objects to bounce off of within its 30-foot range. This is remedied by Jackie figuring out that her stand is capable of bouncing off unseen particles like air molecules.
- Enlightenment Superpowers: Jackie was able to enhance and expand Pinball Wizard's abilities through raising her Cosmic Awareness.
- Higher Understanding Through Drugs: Upon devouring a small island's supply of Morpheus Mushrooms, Jackie was briefly aware enough to communicate with animals.
- Not Quite Flight: Jackie is capable of achieving this by having Pinball Wizard constantly bounce against air molecules.
- Sage Love Interest: Is this to her wife Kelly.
Annie "Starfan13" Lightfoot (Stand: Aqua Boogie)
- Ascended Fangirl: She's truly grown from an obsessed fangirl to a true Action Girl.
- Bi the Way: Aside from her hinted-at attraction to Star, there's also her clumsy attempts to compliment Jackie when she's been put in a belly-dancer outfit. In the future, however, she ends up happily married to Oskar.
- Highly Visible Ninja: Aqua Boogie has the appearance of an animesque lime green, red scarf-wearing ninja frog. This also applies to her costume during her time as a member of the Valkyries.
- Making a Splash: Aqua Boogie's specialty in the form of ninjutsu-styled attacks and creating weapons out of water.
- Occidental Otaku: Outside of what her nickname implies, she's really into anime and manga, which is often exhibited in her art and tendency to call her attacks.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Aqua Boogie is the smallest of the main cast's Stands, but its powers are quite formidable.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Aqua Boogie is an Badass Adorable, chibi, humanoid frog.
Janna Ordonia (Stand: Bangles)
- Abhorrent Admirer: She was this towards Marco even before she'd gained weight.
- Berserk Button: She is 'not' fat!
- Brainy Brunette: She is the head of Harvard University's English Department in the future.
- Break the Haughty: Marco turning into a total jerk that she has to keep a leash on, Jackie coming back from who knows where acting totally different, having to track enemy stand users at all times across town. Janna does not have it easy, and it shows as the story continues. She starts becoming less quirky and starts acting shorter and more ill-tempered with all her former friends.
- By "No", I Mean "Yes": She doesn't see her stress eating as a disorder. She will deny the first while admitting to the second.
- Commitment Issues: She has managed to find some reason to end a long line of relationships, likely stemming from Marco choosing Hekapoo over her.
- Formerly Fit: She ends up packing the pounds in the future due to her stress-eating from all the pressure of her responsibilities. The future segments show that she stays overweight into adulthood.
- Future Loser: Downplayed. Janna grows up to be a successful professor at Harvard. However she never loses the excess weight she put on, is still bitter towards many of her old friends, remains single with a series of boyfriends she dumped for minor reasons, and very clearly never got over Marco choosing Hekapoo over herself.
- One Dialogue, Two Conversations: When defending H.P Lovecraft to the girls, she starts talking about how she is sick of people focusing only on his bigotry when he took a lifetime of pain and misery and channeled it into incredible work...only for everyone to realize she has stopped talking about Lovecraft and is instead talking about Speedwagon.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Due to it being a typically non-combatant stand, Bangles is often overshadowed by the others.
- Power Nullifier: Bangles developed a power to nullify Stands by touching their users during "Highway to Hex", with the added bonus of opponents not even feeling this. Janna utilizes this to keep Marco in check whenever he reverts to his "God of Destruction" attitude on Earth.
- Sensor Character: Janna's main role in the group is utilizing Bangles to scan Echo Creek for Stand users.
- Shadow Walker: Janna can use this ability through Bangles to travel anywhere within its wide range.
- Weak, but Skilled: Bangles has low combat abilities, but it's town-wide range and special abilities make it very useful for the team.
- "Well Done, Daughter!" Girl: Due to her father leaving when she was a baby, Janna had been seeking Jefferson's approval ever since she set him up with her mom, often through excelling in their daily Stand training. She even planned on showing him her department office before his passing.
- We Used to Be Friends: As an adult, Janna has only really stayed friends with Star, and no longer speaks to any of her other former friends.
- Weight Woe: Janna does 'not' have a disorder. She's just a little overweight from stress eating.
Jefferson Speedwagon (Stand: St. James Infirmary)
- Crazy-Prepared: Jefferson made sure to acquire knowledge and trustworthy contacts involving the Stand user community. He would also resort to non-Stand self-defense such as brandishing a shotgun.
- Cynical Mentor: He would have just left the heroes to fend for themselves if Janna didn't offer to put in a good word to her single mother about him. While that worked, he put them through the wringer with intense training.
- I Have No Son!: He's been disowned by his affluent family.
- The Medic: St. James Infirmary can heal any injury but not raise the dead. The closest it can reach towards the latter is to bring back someone who is clinically dead but their soul was still attached their body.
- Mr. Vice Guy: As put by his step-daughter Janna: "He drank like a fish and smoked like a chimney". Despite this, he managed to live up to the age of seventy-five.
- Noble Bigot: While he's not a fan of Hispanic people in any capacity, he would end up doing all he can to keep Marco, who isn't fond of him either, on the straight and narrow as best as he could.
- Non-Action Guy: Outside of mentoring, Jefferson does everything he can to avoid fights. This is due to St. James Infirmary being a non-combatant Stand.
- Politically Incorrect Hero: He's a really uncouth man and has mockingly referred to Marco using Spanish terms. He considers this entirely justified since, unlike everywhere else he has been, the Spanish community has given him no kindness.
- Posthumous Character: As the meat of the stories are told in flashbacks, Jefferson's death was the start of the events in the future Framing Device.
- Properly Paranoid: He's in a world where anyone could possess deadly psychic powers and he's stuck with non-combatant ones. Of course, he'd do everything he could to avoid being a target.
- Walking the Earth: He traveled from place to place across the globe, usually in dilapidated places.
- Sacrificial Lion: Upon learning that Fats and Nikki were searching for Marco for unsavory reasons, He tries to stop them with fatal results. His death was the first major event that gave the heroes clarity of their dire situation and greatly affected Marco.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Hekapoo doesn't like the idea of her husband Marco's ambitions to get physical with Jackie upon returning to Earth, even if he says that it's just to keep up appearances. She even informed Jefferson about this to make sure Marco doesn't go through with it.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Hates how she and the rest of the commission are seen as little more than the henchmen of the current Butterfly Queen on Mewni, while everywhere else in the multiverse they are respected and revered as deities.
- Happily Married: To Marco.
- MayflyDecember Romance: Hekapoo has a tendency of choosing a spouse to stave off the boredom of immortality for some decades, with Marco being her latest husband.
- Sickening Sweethearts: Her and Marco's relationship in a nutshell. They are both crazy for each other and not afraid to let others know it.
The King (Stand: Aloha Oe)
- Fauns and Satyrs: Aloha Oe is a 12-foot tall Pan-lookalike wearing sunglasses, a Hawaiian shirt, and a speedo.
- Genius Loci: The sapient willow tree that resides on Boar's Head Island who is aware of everything in his domain. He manifests Aloha Oe to communicate with people that come seeking knowledge.
- Mr. Exposition: He gave Jackie a run-down of the origins of the universe & Stands.
Marcus Brando a.k.a. The Hobyah Man/King of the Hobyahs (Stand: The Witchdoctor)
- Absurd Phobia: Brando is terrified of Dogs. A phobia he got during his time in the MK Ultra program.
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: The Witchdoctor's psychic powers can make people see him in a form of his choosing. Among the inhabitants of Mewni, he appeared as a goblin-like creature. To Dennis, he appears as an older kappa that looks like a non runt version of Ludo
- Ambiguously Human: His bizarre appearance gives off this vibe, especially with his second appearance in "Flowers and Brimstone".
- Dark and Troubled Past: He was 'inducted' into The MK Ultra program in 1954. The experiments broke his mind, gave him his fear of dogs, and caused him to become the Hobyah Man.
- Faking the Dead: He managed to convince the Stand community that he perished in a massacre committed by a young Fats Dynamite, allowing him to operate well under the radar.
- Gone Horribley Right: He was part of government mind control experiments. One of their 'subjects' developed the power of mind control.
- Mook Maker: Marcus possesses the ancient bow and arrow capable of granting anyone a Stand and has used this to form a number of the story's villains.
- Nothing but Skin and Bones: Marcus's physique is compared to that of a mummy.
- Psychic Powers: The Witchdoctor gives Marcus psychic abilities such as reading and influencing minds. This also includes the erasing of memories, the implanting of fake ones, overriding victims control over their bodies, and completely eradicating minds, leaving victims as empty husks for Marcus to use as he pleases.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Brando is terrified of dogs. Not only does this tie in to his theme through mythology, but it takes a dark turn when it's revealed he developed this weakness due to a conditioned response due to a dog barking while being tortured.
Mr. Jones (Stand: YYZ)
- Fricking Laser Beams: YYZ can fire lasers from its mouth.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: His Stand, YYZ is a pteranodon that he turns into rather than a spirit he projects.
- Hulk Speak: He can speak clearly, just not with proper syntax.
- Uplifted Animal: Mr Jones is a crow who, like Iggy or Pet Shop in canon, gained a stand and higher intelligence.
Paul Ringo (Stand: Octopus Garden)
- Starter Villain: He's the first of many Stand users attracted to Echo Creek that fought against the heroes.
- When Trees Attack: Octopus Garden is a massive plant monster with Combat Tentacles.
James "Fats Dynamite" Howard Brown (Stand: Blue Swede)
- Born Winner: He was born with his Stand and became the Deadliest Man Alive with little effort on his part.
- Fat and Proud: To the point of never working out and being indicated by his nickname.
- Thinking Up Portals: Blue Swede can punch holes in the fabric reality to create portals to anywhere he's been to or seen. This is combined with the Stand's Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs to pulverize a target in all directions.
Nikki à Trois (Stand: Red Bone)
- Bald Women: And an unfriendly one at that.
- Mask of Power: Red Bone has this appearance.
- The Nose Knows: Red Bone elevates Nikki's sense of smell to detect even the faintest of scents and get intimate information of the source.
- Scary Black Man: A rare female example and a stark contrast from Fats's more affable demeanor.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: From an innocuous cheerleader with creepy fascinations to a foe so fearsome that she left the heroes with life-long traumatic memories at even the mention of her name.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Her first appearance in the story proper has shown her getting off on the apparent scent of bloodlust emanating from Marco which creeps him out.
John Ringo (Stand: Pac-Man Fever)
- Catchphrase: If Pac-Man Fever controls a video game character that has one, Ringo would use it too.Ringo (as Le Jinn): Now, everybody say the magic words! HAIL 2 U!
- Critical Research Failure: In-Universe. He dismissed Annie purely as a nerd because of her appearance. Thus he had no idea that she was actually a junior baseball star before she beat the baseball level he dumped her in.
- Instant Expert: Subverted. Annie called him out as never trying to do anything he wasn't able to be the best at instantly.
- Psychopathic Manchild: Annie pins him as one of the during her deconstruction of his personality, calling him a man-child who never grew up. Lashing out at everyone he feels inferior to, and bragging about his apparent skill in video games to make up for his lack of other skills.
- Trappedin TV Land: Pac-Man Fever can possess video games (as shown with an arcade cabinet) and suck victims into it where they can be killed in real life if they lose (and Ringo is possibly just as expendable).
- Weaksauce Weakness: His Stand's powers are limited by the games he uses. If the character he's using his Stand on doesn't have an upwards attack, then he can't attack upwards.
Artemis and Marisol Butterfly
- Boisterous Weakling: Artemis 'thinks' she is the natural fighter between her and Marisol while her sister is the spellcaster, when in fact its the opposite. She has no talent or instincts for combat and just throws herself into a fight without thought for form or strategy.
- Cowardly Lion: Marisol on the other hand 'is' a natural born fighter with incredible instincts for combat. The only thing holding her back is her belief she will be the spellcaster and that she is a coward.
- The Gift: As Marco notes, Marisol has immense martial potential.
- Polar Opposite Twins: Artemis is the Rebellious Princess with no interest in the Mewni crown, and Marisol is the Proper Lady who seems to be self-groomed for the part.
- Ironically, their combat skills reveal their fates to be flipped, with Marisol's fighting instincts leading her to a warrior's life while Artemis lacks such capabilities and is more suited for spellcasting, which would also mean becoming queen.
- Like Mother Like Daughter: Artemis denies this trope and is determined to be as little like her mother as possible. The problem is that she is that by acting like a rebellious tomboy, she is acting exactly like how Star 'used' to be, while Marisol acts like how her mother is 'now'.
- We Named the Monkey "Jack": Marisol was named after Ms. Skullnick's class hamster, much to the young princess's dismay when she learns that she wasn't named after somebody famous.