All Characters are categorized by faction, and all factions are displayed alphabetically.
A space-faring empire that was founded by refugees who fled Earth after the initial Corvolt invasion. Having returned to Earth, they do their best to keep the peace on their old homeworld.—-
- Badass Army Having faced the Lyvek, the Mobian Empire, the Imperial Guard and so on, by now the Hydronian military definitely qualifies as this.
- Bulletproof Vest Standard issue for the Hydronian Army as well as the Hydronian Marines.
- Elective Monarchy - Although the Hydronian government is elective, the formerly hereditary title of "Emperor" is still what their main leaders are called.
- ET Gave Us Wifi The Hydronians have a habit of reverse engineering any enemy weapon technologies they can get their hands on. This has ranged to weapons to- in the case of their troop transport ships - entire warships.
- Highly Conspicuous Uniform Like the Liberators, the Hydronians have a theme color- blue- and BDU's and armor to match. This is starting to be subverted though, with Hydronian colors being grey, black and white with blue highlights.
- Multicultural Alien Planet - The Hydronians trade with a number of races [Even after the war with the Lyvek, they were willing to trade with the Lyvek run Ishuda Industrial Pantheon] and encourage tourism and immigration.
- Named After Their Planet - This goes without saying. Hydronian, Hydronia.
- Peace Conference Hydronians tend to run a lot of these, and almost always attend the ones that other factions set up. This has been a trait in both the West and GC Campaigns.
- Perfect Pacifist People Outside of warfare, the Hydronians are a peaceful, diplomatic people. This has actually gotten them into trouble before, with them briefly allying with both the communist COTR and the ultrafascist/capitalist FSA in the West Campaign before they realized what these factions were like.
- We Will Wear Armor in the Future Some infantry units in the Hydronian military fit this trope, including the Stormtroopers, Heavy Marines, and their ODST's.
The list of CO's and main characters of the Hydronians
Supreme Commander Nicolas OzzelNicolas Ozzel is a veteran from the war that began when the Lyvek invaded Hydronia. By the time the first Hydronian fleet arrived at Earth, he was an Admiral. He was eventually promoted to Supreme Commander of all Hydronian forces in the Sol System, and through extenuating circumstances where the empire was destroyed, had to take on the position of Emperor of the Hydronian Remnant on Earth for a short time.
- A Father to His Men: He isn't afraid to express shock or sadness, and obviously cares a great deal for both Hydronia and its citizens and soldiers.
- Captain Smooth and Sergeant Rough: Is the Captain Smooth to General Marshes Sergeant Rough.
- Cosmopolitan Council: Because he had to focus on his duties as Supreme Commander, it was heavily implied that Ozzel relied on some sort of governing council to perform the task of governing Hydronia when he was Emperor.
- Fire-Forged Friends - Implied to be how he befriended General Marsh.
- Four-Star Badass - Started out as an Admiral.
- Officer and a Gentleman - Ozzel is cordial and polite most of the time, and the only time you'll find him swearing is when something really terrible happens.
- Old Soldier - He's served in the Hydronian military for years, to say nothing of his grey hair.
- Ramming Always Works: When his flagship, the Annihilator took a critical mount of damage, Ozzel elected to stay onboard as the rest of the crew evacuated and crashed the Annihilator straight into the Mobian Empires Eclipse flagship- taking its shields out when nothing else had. Luckily, he managed to get away in an escape pod at the last minute.
- Reluctant Ruler - What he was when it came to being the Emperor- he's happier working for the military.
- You Are in Command Now - What happened when the Emperor decided to stay behind on Hydronia when it was destroyed.
General MarshGeneral Marsh is another veteran of the Lyvek invasion, and an old friend and ally of Ozzel. Although the two don't always see eye to eye, they have a fond friendship and are willing to work with each other to get things done.
- Captain Smooth and Sergeant Rough: Is the Sergeant Rough to Ozzels Captain Smooth.
- Cool Helmet: Has a rather large helmet that covers his eyes.
- Colonel Kilgore: Although he denies having any sort of overwhelming pride for Hydronia - as Hydronians disdain any sort of nationalism- it's obvious that he loves the country, and leading his troops.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Used to have shades of this, but this eventually faded away.
- Four-Star Badass: Has been acting in a leadership role ever since the end of the war with the Lyvek.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Mecha!: What happened when Marsh stumbled upon an old mech suit that still had a timespace unit, allowing him to join up with the Hydronians again, having been left behind after his-
- Last Stand Made one of these when the Daleks invaded Earth.
- The Dragon - Is this to Ozzel.
A Paramilitary Peace keeping force that originated from the Regular Army and became an independent armed force after the Regular Army was dissolved.
- Badass Army They are the only Army that can wear Orange and still look good fighting.
- Battlecry De Oppresso Liber which is Latin for Liberate the oppressed.
- Bulletproof Vest: The standard infantry now wear these as standard issue and it doubles as a tactical load bearing vest.
- Gender Is No Object: The Liberators have fully integrated combat units in every branch.
- Highly Conspicuous Uniform They are ultimately guilty for playing this trope straight as their army colors are Orange. Has become a Running Gag over time, though the standard infantry also wear black Tactical Vests and pads on their knees and elbows.
- Knight Errant The Liberators are often deployed where they are needed most by others.
- Loads and Loads of Characters
- Would Not Shoot a Civilian
The list of CO's and main Characters of the Liberators
Briano BarillaroA veteran of humble origins who fought many wars and often turned down promotions so he can stand alongside his men in battle.
- Author Avatar: Is a fictional representation of the forum goer who created the Liberators Army.
- Battle Aura: Has one whenever he's in Monoshift.
- Battle Couple: With Vivian.
- Canada, Eh?: Originally born and raised in Canada.
- The Captain
- Dad the Veteran: Became this after he and Vivian adopted Maria.
- A Father to His Men: He cares a great deal for his men and often gets depressed when ever he loses any under his command.
- Knight In Sour Armor: Was idealistic in the past, but has become somewhat short fused, depressed and snarky as the wars dragged on. But he soldiers on regardless, still fighting and wanting to make the world better then it is.
- Lightning Bruiser: Becomes this whenever he goes Monoshift.
- Determinator/Made of Iron: On many separate occasions he gets punched, kicked, cut up, shot at, blown up by tanks, impaled, perforated by a rocket, attacked by supernatural dark energy's, and it hardly slows him down.
- The Men First: At one time he gave the men under his command a three day pass to relax while he had business to take care of.
- Military Maverick Once told a political figure off because he didn't trust him (and annoyed the crap out of him)and didn't catch any flack from the higher ups for it.
- Though it turns out to be the Big Bad in disguise, not that Briano and many other people know that.
- More Dakka: While he uses varying types of firearms, his preferred weapon of choice is the M249 Machine gun.
- Multicolored Hair: His hair is multiple shades of Brown.
- Permission to Speak Freely: Asked this when a General acctually considered enlisting a young Magical Girl in the Liberators:Briano: Permission to speak Freely Sir?Liberator General: Go ahead Captain.Briano: ...ARE YOU ON CRACK?!
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: See below.
- Super Mode: Possesses the power of the Monoshift thanks be to a Red Daimon Gem lodged in his heart.
- Action Girl: Was this for a long time and was pretty damn good at it...
- Action Mom:...and now she and her husband adopted a Magical Girl.
- Battle Aura:Like Briano, she has this whenever she goes Monoshift
- Battle Couple: With Briano.
- Berserk Button: Hers was pressed during the Grand Campaign Season 3 when the the FSA poisoned school children in Marutus.
- Canada, Eh? Like her husband.
- Dumb Blond: Averted. She's quite competent on and off the battlefield.
- Fanservice: Why else would she and her husband be conducting "close order drill" in the field of Operations? While she was wearing a towel and Kevlar Helmet.
- Gunslinger: Mostly uses the P90 or M4 Carbine.
- Lightning Bruiser: Monoshift
- Number Two Being the Captains wife and 2IC, its a given.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: While in Monoshift.
- The Squadette
- Super Mode: Again, Monoshift.
- Tomboy: Word of God is that she was this as a kid and never grew out of it as she grew older, making her the Action Girl she is today.
Matt: General of the Army
- Badass General
- Cool Hat: A cap with Five General Stars on it.
- A Father to His Men
- Reasonable Authority Figure: He's strict with military regs but gives the friends he has below him in rank some wiggle room.
Brigadier General Sam
- Arm Cannon
- The Brigadier
- Cyborg: Capable of jacking her self into cyberspace and explains her Arm Cannon.
- The Squadette
2nd Lieutenant Alexis
- Action Girl
- Battle Couple: a Les Yay example with Dianna.
- Blue Oni, Red Oni: The Red Oni to Dianna's Blue.
- Cool Hat: Okay, not a hat per-see but she wears a bandana.
- Demoted to Extra: Hasn't seen much screen time in later comics.
- Girls' Love: Dianna is her life partner and significant other.
- The Lad-ette: she's tough, foul mouthed and has a temper.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has green hair.
2nd Lieutenant Dianna
- Action Girl:
- Battle Couple: With Alexis.
- Blue Oni, Red Oni: The Blue Oni to Alexis.
- Demoted to Extra: Like Alexis, has been seen a little less as of late.
- Girls' Love: She and Alexis are a couple.
- Guns Akimbo: Totes a pair of Uzi's as her weapon loadout.
- The Heart
- Anti-Air: Luka is often called upon to shoot down CAPITAL SPACESHIPS.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Base on Wheels: Large enough to qualify as one.
- Fixed Forward-Facing Weapon: Though it can hit anything within the forward facing firing arc at intercontinental distances.
- Magnetic Weapons: When the Main Weapon is in Railgun configuration.
- Scary Scorpions: Luka's A.I. Avitar is a Scorpion.
- Swiss Army Weapon The primary weapon system Transforms between an Artillery cannon, Railgun and a Beam Cannon. Oh and it has a few secondary weapon systems.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: It's a Special Class Weapon system for a reason.
- Wave-Motion Gun: When the Main Weapon is in Beam Cannon configuration.
Sergeant Major Tamara
Travis the Hedgehog
- Blood Knight
- Leeroy Jenkins: During training on a shooting range, he didn't wait for the command to fire on the targets down range. He even used the Rifle-mounted grenade launcher to blast the target to oblivion after he emptied his clip into it. He got chewed out for it soon after.
- Semper Fi: Member of the Liberators Marine Corps.
- Cat Girl: At least part Cat girl as she has cat ears.
- Gun Blade: She uses a Machine-Gun-Pole-arm as her primary weapon.
- Verbal Tic: "Nya?"
Private Walter Braburn/Private Sam Mc Klowskie
- Ammunition Backpack: Mc Klowskie carry's one on his back for his Minigun.
- Bash Brothers
- BFG: Braburn carries an RPG-7 and Mc Klowskie uses a Gatling gun.
- Gatling Good: Mc Klowskie and his Minigun.
- Out of Focus
Welsh/Peas/Jack "The Tank Crew"
- Comic Trio
- Mid-Season Upgrade: Went from driving a Di-cokka to an M1 Abrams.
- Power Trio
- Tank Goodness
Commander ShadowsunA Tau Fire Warrior who joined the Liberators when both the Liberators and the Tau made first contact by using a Stargate.
- Action Girl
- Alien Blood: Like her Tau brothers and sisters, she has blue blood due to the high traces of Cobalt.
- Alien Hair
- Aliens Speaking Gothic
- BFG: A pair of Fusion blasters which are essentially Anti-Armor weapons.
- Fantastic Caste System Seeing as she's from the Tau Empire, its not surprising.
- The Needs of the Many
- Scary Dogmatic Aliens: Whenever she speaks around non-Tau, she's seen as a mild form of this.Roach: What the heck is she going on about?Ghost: Damned if I know Roach. I doubt I know what she says half of the time.Yuna: Commander Shadowsun sure has passion though. I kinda respect that.
- True Companions: Not only are her and her warriors this with each other, she and her Fire Warriors are this with the Liberators.
1st Lieutenant Simon "Ghost" Riley/Sergeant Gary "Roach" Sanderson
- Bash Brothers
- Captain Ersatz: Two members of Task Force 141 are in the Sprite Wars Universe. Make of that what you will.
- Cool Mask: Ghost and his skull Balcalva.
- Cool Shades Ghost wears a pair.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Ghost.
- Expressive Mask /Eye Glasses: Ghost with his Shades on. Don't ask why.
- The Faceless: Neither of them have been seen without their Balclavas.
- Kill It with Fire: Used on Roach when he first appears, but it gets subverted.
- Mask Power: Both of them have it going for them.
- Meaningful Name: Both, but mostly for Roach. Aside from what he suffered through in the Game how he got introduced into the Sprite Wars Universe shows us he earned this name for a reason.
- She's Not My Girlfriend: Roach insists that he and Yuna are just "Colleges."Roach: Dammit Ghost, don't go saying things like that, people will start getting the wrong idea! We're just Colleges and I like her is all.Ghost: Ohhohohohohohoho so he says he likes her. I'll bet ya do mate.Roach: DUDE! SHUT UP!
Sergeant Yuna Kotoro
- BFG: Her primary weapon is an anti-martial Sniper Rifle.
- Comfort Food: She adores rice, going so far as to take some into battle with her as rations.
- Friendly Sniper
- Sniper Rifle: Used the M82 anti-martial rifle.
Sergeant Sean Foley/Corporal Dunn/Private James Ramirez
- Bash Brothers
- Captain Ersatz: So the Three Rangers from Hunter Two-one, 75th Ranger Regiment are fighting alongside Orange Clad Soldiers, the Tau Empire, a pair of badass Task Force Operators from the 141 and a Friendly Sniper girl who has an obsession with Rice? Sounds like some sort of Fan Fiction gone completely mental.
- Cool Shades: Ramirez wears a pair of sunglasses.
- Deadpan Snarker: Dunn
- Do-Anything Soldier: In regards to Ramirez, this hasn't been seen very much by everyone, but many forum members are assuming this is still the case.
- Heroic Mime Ramirez.
- The Medic: Dunn's defacto role within the Trio.
- Sergeant Rock: This is Foley's Territory.
PFC Karen Fisher
- Canada, Eh?
- Fourth-Wall Observer: Is the only one aware that she's a character in a sprite comic which means...
- Genre Savvy She knows exactly what to do when your a solider on the front lines.
On the outside Terran command is a well, funded, well equipped, imperialist state out to rid Earth of non-humans by any means necessary. In actuality, their purpose is more sinister. Led by the Cunning Worldbuilder Barrington Argentum, Terran Command is part of his master plan to turn all of humanity into his own personal army, which he will eventually use to conquer the Galaxy.—
- Call-Back: The Barrister infrequently reference the Federal States of Armex and how TC is continuing where they left off. Their military also makes use of older FSA vehicles. The creator of the faction (Shiki) will sometimes reference Worldbuilder lore as well.
- Mega-Corp: Started out as Highlon industries.
- Propaganda Machine: Terran News Network.
- Scam Religion: Established as a propaganda tool for the express purpose of demonizing Mobians.
Barrington Argentum (AKA the Barrister)
- Big Bad: And HOW!
- Not Quite Human: He's actually a Worldbuilder.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Made to EC during the Terran Command/Liberalis invasion of Ashton Island.