The Western Forests encompass the west of Koldenwelt's eastern continent. Primarily made up of vast regions of woodland, it also houses the Everwinter Highlands, a large alpine mountain range, in its center. The main civilization of the area is the Sovereignty of Dryada, the largest elven civilization of the current age.
Click here to go back to the main Characters page.
Sovereingty of Dryada
Lord-Ranger Daithelen Kevlamir
Born of a noble family and trained under the rangers of the Verdant Kingdom, Daithelen Kevlamir's interest in adventuring would lead him to travel the world accompanied by the dwarf named Jalaric Hathgar, and from him, more individuals would join the band which would become known as the Goldhawks, one of the most band of heroes in modernity. However, the Sovereignty saw too much use in him, and eventually forced him into their clutches to serve as their soldier.
- Forest Ranger: First trained under them, and now he's their leader, though not by choice.
- Happily Married: With Riomara Acquae, some time after the events of The Goldhawk Chronicles.
- The Leader: Eventually came to consider himself the leader of the Goldhawks, something which caused his relationship with the others to sour as he begun treating them less as friends and more like underlings.
- Named Weapons: His longsword is named Tranquility.
- Red Baron: The Black Manhunter.
- Took a Level in Cynic: After the dissolution of the Goldhawks, he's become far more cynical.
- True Companions: With the rest of the Goldhawks. As shown by The Curse of Visonia, he still cares, even for Hald-Sleac.
An Aithrena elf girl who lost her original parents and was adopted by a family of Black orcs, Khadya's life changed when her second set of adoptive parents were killed by the Cult of the Eclipse, with Master Apostle Tibias Merrow himself giving her chase. However, the famed Goldhawks would arrive just in time and rescue the girl from slavery, with her being adopted a final time by Daithelen and Riomara. Growing up into a huntress of exceptional skill, today she hunts beasts and wicked men alike.
- Action Girl: One of the best archers of elvenkind, she's able to stand toe to toe with demons and monsters on her lonesome.
- Affectionate Nickname: "White", given to her by Saranhreia during Angels of the Hunting Isle.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her stomach is uncovered in her huntress attire.
- Beauty, Brains, and Brawn: The Beauty to Filonan's Brains and Saranhreia's Brawn.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Under all their bickering, Alfgund and Khadya had a thing going. It went nowhere.
- Buxom Is Better: Described as having a very generous bosom, which she flaunts over.
- Casting a Shadow: She has power over umbramancy, using it to engulf her arrows in dark magic in order to empower them.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Clothovera has shown bisexual tendencies towards her, though they're entirely carnal; she actually finds her insufferable in terms of personality. She's also attracted the likes of Javina Desertsun, though she doesn't count due to being a lesbian and therefore only attracted to women.
- Fire-Forged Friends: First with the Goldhawks, later with Filonan and Saranhreia during Angels of the Hunting Isle.
- Friends with Benefits: With Filonan Aerember during Angels of the Hunting Isle. The Erylian isn't too proud of it afterwards.
- Good Bad Girl: A heroine by all means, and a very promiscuous one at that.
- Happily Adopted: First by a family of black orcs, and later by the Goldhawks. Riomara still refers to her as her "little Khadya" even though she's now taller than her.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Didn't act on her feelings for Daithelen as to preserve his and Riomara's happiness, since she understood she came in too late.
- Mage Marksman: Fights with a shortbow, using arrows enhanced by dark magic.
- Ms. Fanservice: One of the most sexualized characters in the setting. When she's not being an Action Girl, she's letting out sexual innuendos and serving as eye-candy for the other characters.
- Raised by Orcs: After she lost her elven parents, she was raised by a black orc couple. Given her personality by the time the Goldhawks found her, it seems they treated her fairly well.
- Really Gets Around: Described as very promiscuous. This is believed to have started as a coping mechanism for not having the chance to romance Daithelen, though by now she does it because she just likes having sex.
- She's Got Legs: Her legs are mostly exposed.
- Sixth Ranger: During The Goldhawk Chronicles, being a late addition to the team.
- Stripperific: Very much so, leaving much of her lower body exposed for everyone to see. She's lucky she's very agile and can dodge hits well, otherwise she'd get killed pretty quickly.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Saranhreia.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: First with Daithelen (who was never aware of her feelings), then with Alfgund Stonesoul.
Born from a clan of witches living deep in the Empire of Man's lands, Clothovera's family was killed in a three-way battle between them, Inquisitors and Lympharians, leaving her with nothing but the clothes on her person and her family's book of hexes. Forced to live as a wanderer, paying favours for food and shelter, Clothovera's life was a miserable one, at least until the day she met a certain Lagosi boy, whose fate was closely linked to hers.
- Adorkable: As a shy, quiet girl who spends much of her time this, she comes off as this at times, from miscasting spells to falling over while trying to open Alhazred, especially during her earlier appearances.
- All Witches Have Cats: Her familiar, Nyakik, is a cat-like creature.
- Arch-Enemy: She considers Zran Kar, the Simulacrum of knowledge, this, as he has plagued her bloodline for five thousand years.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: During War of Vampires, when she was taken over by Zran Kar, who transformed her into a vampiress. Only The Power of Love was able to break her out of it.
- Casting a Shadow: Specializes in dark magic, which she casts through the use of hexes. Her tattoos are her current magic catalyst, though she's also able to use Alhazred as such (and indeed, could only cast magic through him before her formal education).
- Characterization Marches On: Introduced as an extremely shy but very horny girl played to silly levels who would frequently have Inner Monologues. The latter was very swiftly cut altogether, while the former was severely toned down in order to make her less one-dimensional. Today, she has little traces of her initial characterization.
- Creepy Shadowed Undereyes: She has them, emphasizing her nature as a witch.
- Cute Witch: A young witch woman who is widely considered cute by those who meet her, as she combines the best traits of a human and an elf.
- Damsel in Distress: During Dawning of Distaste, where she was kidnapped by Minoqamius, and War of Vampires, when she was Brainwashed and Crazy by Zran Kar.
- Demonic Possession: Zran Kar has possessed her twice, first during War of Vampires and again during Hysteria. While a True Love's Kiss could get him out of her the first time, it didn't work so good on the second possession.
- Doomed Hometown: The witch coven she was born in was destroyed by Inquisitors and Lympharians, leaving her and Damon as the only survivors.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Pale-skinned and with dark purple hair.
- Expy: Inspired by Tomoko Kuroki, at first. She's evolved beyond it by now.
- Familiar: Nyakik, a magical cat with a mean and haughty attitude.
- Fantastic Racism: As shown in Hysteria, she absolutely hates humans due to her bad experiences with the Imperial Inquisition. She wishes she could've been born a pureblooded elf.
- Generation Xerox: In terms of appearance, she resembles a younger version of her ancestor, Clotholaire Moirai. She was directly named after her too.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Half-Manorian human, half-Aithrena elf, a fact which dismays her a lot. She really wishes she could drop the half-human part.
- Happily Adopted: By the Sea Witch, and later by Ennea Ignaura.
- Interspecies Romance: With Hachi, a Lagosi. There's three species involved in this. Unfortunately or not, they can't have children with one another.
- Journey to the Center of the Mind: The side-story Hysteria takes place inside her mind.
- No Social Skills: During her early appearances, she would often stutter and freeze in fear while trying to socialize. She got better over time.
- Official Couple: With Hachi, following the end of Into the Flesh Forest.
- Power Tattoo: Her body is covered in tattoos, given to her when she was a baby, which allow her to channel her magic following the events of Doctrina Venefica. It's something that was given to all members of her family's coven.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Damon's blue.
- Shrinking Violet: During her early years. Hachi and the Sea Witch helped her grow out of it.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Under the effects of her Aether Emerald, she became a massive monster of shadow taking a shape similar to her own. It eventually broke free of her during the events of Doctrina Venefica and was destroyed outright.
- Unstoppable Rage: When Minoqamius kidnapped her during Dawning of Distaste, she was enraged to the point she refused to leave the Kamehebi Fortress before killing her captor. This caused her relationship to Hachi to crumble as he finally saw her bad side.
- The Teetotaler: She sees no appeal in alcohol, believing it serves only to make you dumber.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is a deep purple color.
Adjutor Damon Moirai
The older brother of Clothovera Moirai, Damon was the other survivor of the massacre that led to the death of his family. By sneaking into Merovar caravans, he eventually found his way into the Sovereignty of Dryada, where he was found living in the streets by Ennea Ignaura. Adopted by the motherly Erylian, he became her assistant at the Grand Collegium, graduating in the Arts of Aeromancy and becoming an Adjutor.
- The Ace: The most skilled out of Clothovera's circle of friends, making him their most reliable member, even if he doesn't have Heilen's raw power.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Vhalra Kasalsain. Eventually led to a Relationship Upgrade.
- Big Brother Instinct: He will do everything in his power to ensure Clothovera's safety. Their first meeting after years separated had him break into tears.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Ended up the first to fall under the influence of Prisieth Faemyar's magical mind controlling spores, which he would infect everyone else with save for Szalvetha, who is immune to magic.
- Blow You Away: Has forsaken dark magic in favour of aeromancy, learned from Ennea Ignaura.
- The Casanova: Remarkably popular among the girls of the Collegium (and even some teachers), who are attracted to his Heroic Build, aloof demeanor and exoticness due to being half-human, a fact he made ample use of. Temporarily died out after he entered a proper relationship with Vhalra, only to come back after they broke up.
- Class Representative: Adjutors are roughly the Collegium equivalent of this, though Damon has already graduated and doesn't take lessons anymore.
- Doomed Hometown: The witch coven he was born in was destroyed by Inquisitors and Lympharians, leaving him and Clothovera as the only survivors.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: It's in the family.
- Familiar: Felvinus, a mischievous cat-like creature who can assume the form of a powerful sabertooth tiger.
- Friends with Benefits: Described as having a rather... intimate relationship with his adoptive mother Ennea. Not quite incest, given they have no blood relation, but it's still not something they flaunt about in the open. He later became this with Prisieth Faemyar, which got in in a pickle.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Half-Manorian human, half-Aithrena elf, being overall more human-like than elven in appearance.
- Happily Adopted: By Ennea Ignaura.
- Heroic Build: Tall and muscular, which emphasized the human half of his family.
- Official Couple: With Vhalra Kasalsain, after much Belligerent Sexual Tension. It didn't last too long, though.
- Offscreen Breakup: His official description reveals that he and Vhalra broke up sometime after the end of Doctrina Venefica due to pressure from her anti-human family and his casanova tendencies making him a less than faithful partner.
- Power Tattoo: He has the same hex tattoos as Clothovera. However, he has forsaken dark magic entirely, and as such doesn't use them for any magic-related purposes.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Clothovera's red.
- The Stoic: Maintains a cool and collected demeanor.
Grand Sovereign State-College of Magicka
Vice-Archtutor Osvernal Eilenneim
The Vice-Archtutor of the Collegium at the time of Doctrina Venefica, Osvernal taught students in the arts of umbramancy. A rotten and racist man who was widely distrusted by his peers, he never got over the death of his sister, Aesleith, which would lead him to turn to terrible forces to gain control of her legacy...
- Big Bad Ensemble: One of the two main antagonists of Doctrina Venefica, alongside Tibias Merrow.
- Casting a Shadow: A very powerful user of dark magic, amplified by his nature as a vampire.
- Cool Sword: His sword is imbued with a stable combination of both light and darkness, something which has often been considered impossible to achieve. His "Devouring Shadows", as he calls them, eat away anyone struck by the sword unless they are exposed to sunlight.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: During his final confrontation with Delmar Crowfeather, he got on the receiving end of one, as he severely underestimated his opponent.
- Doomed Hometown: His hometown was destroyed by a human raiding party. It led him to despise humankind ever since.
- Expy: Inspired by Dio Brando.
- Famous Last Words: "Aesleith... I... I-I'm so sorry... I... o-only wanted to do you proud... To have what you had... Urgh.... Ahh... O-Oh well... I g-got... what I d-deserved... W-Were it not for you, Aesleith... I'd have... hated this life... My only regret...? ... Allowing you... to die..."
- Fantastic Racism: Has a deep hatred for humans due to his hometown being pillaged and burned to the ground, leaving him and Aesleith orphans.
- Faux Affably Evil: Maintains a professional face to the student body, but he is anything but affable deep-down.
- Horned Humanoid: As typical of an Aithrena elf, he has a pair of horns upon his head. He had one ripped off his skull during the fight with Aliester.
- Jerkass: A rude and unlikable man in general, he only has a professional relationship with most members of the Collegium's staff and the students avoid him at every chance.
- Killed Off for Real: After being beaten to a bloody pulp by Delmar, Clothovera finished him off with a stab to the heart.
- Klingon Promotion: Had the Undine Assassin murder the previous Archtutor so he could step up and take his place.
- Love Makes You Evil: Became a monster to protect his sister, Aesleith. She wouldn't realize anything until it was far too late.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Rather than being bit, Osvernal became a vampire by drinking a portion of Pureblood Vampire blood. He had trouble keeping his powers in check, forcing him to work alongside Delmar Crowfeather in order to devise medicines to calm his bloodlust down.
- Pride: His fatal flaw. He never believed anyone, much less humans would be able to stop him. He was very wrong.
- Would Hit a Girl: Would also kill a girl too, as Clothovera and her friends nearly experienced.
Vice-Archtutor Aesleith Eilenneim
One of the Collegium's most beloved Archtutors, Aesleith Eilenneim was famed for her empathy, her kindness and her open mind which allowed the school to continue taking on non-elven students and those that came from lower class families. However, a freak accident had her in the center of a terrible explosion of magic, which led to her unfortunate death.
- Bad Black Barf: Her haunt form constantly had black liquid mixed with hair dripping out of her mouth.
- Barred from the Afterlife: Due to how her soul was fragmented, none of its pieces can move on to the afterlife.
- Body Horror: In her ghostly form possessing Vhalra's body, she caused the young woman to grown into a matured figure, which would be quite Fanservicey if it wasn't for the layer of skin which grew over the elf's face, obscuring her eyes and mouth from view.
- Boy Meets Ghoul: When she possessed Vhalra, one of her first actions was to (forcefully) kiss Damon for a time. She did it for no reason but because she thought he was cute, though he wasn't so appreciative with all the hair going down his throat.Damon: Well, I don't know how to feel about all this... Since Vhalra is still asleep, guess I can say you're a damn fine-looking ghost when you're not puking on me.
- Casting a Shadow: Among the greatest umbramancers of the Sovereignty, she was always said to have been a better sorcerer than Osvernal was.
- Cute Ghost Girl: After freeing Vhalra, she manifested as a shade with her own true feminine proportions, pitch-black save for eyes which shimmered with cosmic light, a far more welcoming sight to be certain.
- Demonic Possession: Possessed the body of Vhalra Kasalsain to gain a physical form, as she wanted to be alive once again.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Walked around barefoot, according to Delmar.
- Doomed Hometown: Her hometown was destroyed by a human raiding party. Unlike Osvernal, however, she didn't hold back on the human race over it.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Had blonde hair, and was widely remembered for her empathy and kindness.
- In the Hood: In life, she wore a hood which hid her eyes from view.
- Ms. Fanservice: She showed a lot of skin for the head of an university, with her wide hips exposed, her legs shown and her feet bare.
- Nice Guy: Or girl. She is widely remembered for her god heart, her empathy and her welcoming demeanor to all races who wished to study at her Collegium, including humans and beastmen.
- Not Evil, Just Misunderstood: Her haunt isn't evil or dangerous, just very confused. She wanted to live again, to warn the Collegium that the Cult of the Eclipse was coming.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Her soul was shattered into hundreds of pieces, each only a glimpse of her true self, with the greater ones managing to manifest as haunts. These pieces are bound to the Collegium, and according to Heilen, the Grim Reaper would only manage to take them all if he leveled the whole place down, something he saw no worth in doing.
- Posthumous Character: Died four years before the events of Doctrina Venefica.
- She's Got Legs: Her pale legs remained exposed as part of her umbramantic attire.
- Stringy-Haired Ghost Girl: Her haunt form. It had an inhumanly thin body, so much her veins were easily seen across her skin, with black hair rather than gold which covered and grew out of most of her upper body, including growing out of places hair isn't meant to grow on, like her spine.
- Stripperiffic: With how much skin she showed during life, it's obvious she was doing it for more than just practicality's sake.
Tutor Ennea Ignaura
A wind magic Tutor of the Collegium and a Lesser Magister of the Esoteric Order of the Sovereignty, Ennea Ignaura is the adoptive mother and caretaker of Damon Moirai. With a love for all living things, she is among the nicest teaches in the Collegium, showing affection to her students much like a mother for her children.
- Animorphism: She can shapeshift into a dove.
- Badass Teacher: While typically more worried about teaching her students, she's not afraid to help protect them from danger, be it from shadowy monsters to the Cult of the Eclipse.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her navel is fully exposed in her outfit, which helps show off her hips.
- Buxom Is Better: Described as having a large and generous bust.
- Blow You Away / Playing with Fire: Primarily a user of wind magic, she can also use some pyromancy, often combining them both to create powerful vortexes of flame.
- Cool Pet: She ended up becoming the caretaker of Shambles, the undead dire wolf. Given she's a Friend to All Living Things, she and the wolf quickly got along.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Walks around with her feet bare.
- Doomed Hometown: Her home town was destroyed by Duergar raiders, leaving her an orphan.
- Friends with Benefits: Described as having a rather... intimate relationship with her adoptive son Damon. Not quite incest, given they have no blood relation, but it's still not something they flaunt about in the open.
- Friend to All Living Things: She adores animals and they adore her back. During Doctrina Venefica, she was shown to visit the animal infirmary ward, where she spends time caring care of ill beasts.
- The Gadfly: Likes to tease Damon, because she knows he gets embarrassed over it.
- Happily Adopted: She happily adopted Damon and Clothovera as her children. Subverted with herself, however, who was an orphan who refused every family that tried to adopt her and rather left her orphanage when she became too old to live there.
- The Heart: Among the staff of the Collegium.
- Magic Staff: Named Riddle.
- Ms. Fanservice: And she knows it. Large breasts, exposed thighs, bare legs, bare feet... Typical Polendohth scholarly robes are less revealing, but hers has emphasis on her cleavage and exposes her naval and left thigh. That's not even mentioning she has a birthmark in a shape resembling a heart above her crotch.
- Nice Guy: Or gal. She is a lovable and gentle woman who has a refined, motherly touch with those she holds dear.
- She's Got Legs: Her legs are almost completely bare, save for some small adornments on her lower thighs.
Tutor Riomara Acquae
Former member of the Goldhawks and the head of the Collegium's Arts of Hydromancy, Riomara Acquae is an undine woman interested only in expanding her knowledge and ensuring the safety of those she holds dear.
- Affectionate Nickname: Daithelen calls her Mara.
- The Chick: During her time with the Goldhawks.
- Happily Married: With Daithelen Kevlamir, some time after the events of The Goldhawk Chronicles.
- Making a Splash: She's a hydromancer, on top of being a water elemental.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: She doesn't like violence in general, but is particularly against killing. She can, however, make an exception for demons and undead.
A student of the Arts of the Arcane and the Martial Arts, Teael Sehenem is a plucky and energetic young woman who quickly becomes a close friend of Clothovera Moirai when she arrives to the Collegium. While not apparent, she has human blood, and due to it, she does not have the favour of her family.
- Abusive Parents: The elven side of her family has abused her over her quarter-human status. When she graduated, none of them even bothered to show up, believing it unworthy of their time to watch her be praised for something a pureblooded elf could easily achieve. This led her to abandon them to live in the Vairadi estate.
- Action Girl: With her sword in hand and arcane magic at her disposal, she's not afraid of a scrap.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her stomach is exposed in her usual attire.
- Berserk Button: Having her human heritage brought up, due to her family mistreating her over it.
- She can't stand puns. Unlike the human thing, this is Played for Laughs.
- Better as Friends: She had romantic feelings for Szalvetha, though she wasn't interested. She isn't angry about it, however, accepting her as a friend even after that.
- Butch Lesbian: Very much a tomboy, and very much into girls rather than boys.
- Genki Girl: Plucky and energetic.
- Half-Human Hybrid: She is quarter human. Superficially, she is indistinguishable from any Aithrenan woman, though her purist family have oppressed her over it her entire life.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Szalvetha Vairadi. She's actually homosexual, but it still counts.
- Lethal Chef: Subverted. She thinks her cooking is bad, but everyone else thinks it's just fine. She can't be convinced, though.
- Magic Knight: Uses her magic to amplify her swordfighting.
- Odd Friendship: She and Szalvetha couldn't be more different, yet they value each other as best friends.
- Protectorate: Has pledged herself to defend Szalvetha. Literally becomes the case at the end of Doctrina Venefica, where she becomes a bodyguard of the Vairadi family.
- Pure Energy: She specializes in arcane magic, which is the Source in its purest state.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Szalvetha's blue.
- Tomboy: Quite a manly young woman, spending most of her time with male friends and showing little interest in feminine hobbies.
The oldest child of the noble Vairadi family, one of the most influential Derevar elf clans in the Sovereignty, Szalvetha is a broody and somewhat sadistic young woman who frequents the Collegium to study the arts of alchemy and anti-magic, becoming a close friend of Teael and later Clothovera in the process.
- Alchemy Is Magic: Has a deep fascination with alchemy, as it's the only magic she's able to use due to her Derevar heritage. The potions she has created range from healing flasks to strength enhancers.
- Anti-Magic: Like all Derevar, she emits an aura of anti-magic which makes both resilient to magic and quite unpleasant to be close to. Part of her studies involved gaining control of this field, so that she could expand it or suppress it on command, a feat which she achieved by the end of Doctrina Venefica.
- Blue Blood: She's a noblewoman, member of one of Purity's Apogee's richest families. It doesn't look like it at first glance, and her friends at genuinely surprised when they find out. Doesn't help that she doesn't consider it an important thing to note.
- Brutal Honesty: Has a rather blunt way of speaking her mind, a trait which she inherited from her family.
- Creepy Monotone: Described as speaking in a quiet and monotone tone.
- Deadpan Snarker: Often points out and makes witty remarks of the stupidity of her friends or whatever it is that's currently happening.
- Expy: Inspired by Sucy Mambavaran.
- Fantastic Racism: She hates vampires, as it's typical of her race. After meeting Kyrieleth, however, her opinion on them has improved a bit.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Teael Sehenem.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Past her very tough exterior, she's not a bad person.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Delivered one to Prisieth after weakening her with her anti-magical field.
- Mad Scientist: Enjoys creating concoctions and test them on unsuspected victims, mainly Teael.
- Master Poisoner: Many of her alchemical brews are poisonous or acidic in nature, which she uses as her primary means of offense and defense.
- Nerves of Steel: Almost entirely immune to fear. The only thing that can really frighten her is the thought that her friends may be in danger.
- Odd Friendship: She and Teael couldn't be more different, yet they value each other as best friends.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Her right eye is covered in her raven black hair.
- Rage Breaking Point: During her fight with Prisieth, she appeared to lose all hope, only to reveal the only think she lost was her cool. It was then that her anti-magical field went out of control, and she became downright terrifying.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Teael's red.
- Sadist: Became dedicated to alchemy after using it to turn a neighbourhood bully's head into that of a frog, and since then showed some glee in causing misery. After the incident with Vhalra, however, her sadistic tendencies slowly died down, and are now typically reserved to the wicked like Prisieth Faemyar.
- The Stoic: Typical for a Derevar elf, her emotions are greatly repressed compared to other races, making her appear very cold to others. Even when happy or angry, her expression remains relatively unchanged, save for perhaps a shift of her eyebrows.
- Token Evil Teammate: Out of Clothovera's circle of friends, she's the most morally ambiguous, once giving murdering Vhalra serious consideration. She became less bad through the course of Doctrina Venefica, however, eventually coming to regret her most violent past actions. According to Delmar Crowfeather, it must be In the Blood, as her mother too displayed morally wrong tendencies during her time as a student.
A young man with a pompadour, Pyrath is a student of the Arts of Pyromancy and Alchemy. A friendly and hot-blooded lad, he thinks himself the coolest guy in the Collegium, when in fact he's just copying the style of his older brother, Ferathis.
- Alchemy Is Magic: Studies alchemy as his secondary magic, using it to transform into a Draconic Humanoid.
- Berserk Button: Don't make fun of his hair.
- He's not a dragon fetishist.
- Big Brother Worship: Admired his brother Ferathis to the point he copied his style so he'd look similar to him. Ferathis himself doesn't mind it, as he loves his brother back just as much.
- Butt-Monkey: Generally the butt of many jokes, usually about his hair being stupid or him being sexually attracted to dragons.
- Draconic Humanoid: Using alchemy, he can partially give himself draconic features, including scales and horns upon his head. During this transformation, he is also much stronger, enough to wrestle with a kirin.
- Heroic BSoD: Suffered through an extended one after Ferathis died and his rage subdued, being distraught not only over his loss, but to the inevitable reaction of his parents. Only after a stern lecture from Heilen, who was forced to reveal his undeath to him, did he manage to move on, coming to terms that his brother was still watching him from the afterlife.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Gave one to the Undine Assassin during their final confrontation, leading to her arrest. He was upset he didn't get the chance to outright kill her.
- Official Couple: Hooks up with Kyrieleth Dalverat at the end of Doctrina Venefica.
- Playing with Fire: As a student of pyromancy, he wields fire magic, typically using it to launch fireballs from his hands.
- Rage Breaking Point: Ferathis's death made him go past it, where he was reduced to nothing but yelling for the death of the Undine Assassin.
- Shout-Out: His pompadour is one to Josuke Higashikata.
The younger brother of Lyra Shinerun, Heilen is a lazy bum who has been failing his classes for many years straight. He was once the personal assistant of Aesleith Eilenneim, having never really recovered from the explosion that killed her... in more ways than it seems.
- Almighty Janitor: By far the most powerful member of Clothovera's circle of friends, but his sheer laziness means he rarely, if ever, contributes to anything.
- The Anti-Nihilist: Despite having lost the chance to live a normal life, he retains a jovial disposition and keeps his friends from learning of his problems so they don't worry about him.
- Barred from the Afterlife: He remained in the mortal world because Mortium realized he could be of use in the Colegium, keeping an eye on the fragmented Aesleith and eventually fighting the Cult of the Eclipse. He was finally allowed to move on at the end of Doctrina Venefica.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: A one-sided one towards Teael, who he had a crush on, but due to his undead state, he understood he could never act on it. He confesses his feelings (in his usual half-joking manner) at the ending of Doctrina Venefica.
- Beware the Silly Ones: He'll only stand up when his friends are threatened, as the Undine Assassin found out. However, doing so also consumes much of his strength.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: He's actually a prodigy in the arts of light magic, and even served as the personal assistant to Aesleith Eilenneim as she experimented means to combine light and darkness. However, he has lost all interest in everything, and as such rarely uses his powers.
- Broken Ace: An adept at the arts of luxomancy, perhaps one of the best in the Collegium's history, but after Aesleith's death, he no longer cares.
- Dead All Along: He's undead, appearing as a common elf to people while he is, in fact, an agent of The Grim Reaper left behind to keep an eye on Aesleith's soul fragments. His family is aware of the fact he died, but the Collegium staff isn't.
- Dem Bones: When revealing his true undead form, he is little more than a shriveled skeleton wearing ragged clothes.
- Despair Event Horizon: Went past it when he and Aesleith died. Realizing he could no longer return to his family and that his best friend was reduced to a bunch of ghostly fragments which he couldn't put back together, he just... gave up.
- Expy: Of Sans.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The foolish to Lyra's responsible.
- The Gadfly: Loves picking up on both Teael and Pyrath.
- Game Face: When confronting the Undine Assassin, and sometimes when taunting Osvernal, his previously jovial expression was entirely replaced by him getting a Skull for a Head.
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: Delivers such a speech to both Pyrath and the ghostly Aesleith, though downplayed as he doesn't physically attack either of them.
- Lazy Bum: Rarely does anything that doesn't involve eating or sleeping. His laziness has led him to fail his classes for years straight, something which he sincerely doesn't care for.
- Light 'em Up: Has tremendous power over light magic. He just doesn't care to use it.
- Mellow Fellow: Always nonchalant, treating everything as a joke and never losing his cool.
- Minored In Ass Kicking: Could theoretically beat all the quests his group is sent to on his own. He just doesn't want to.
- Nice Hat: Never seen without his beanie.
- Nice Guy: Friendly and wisecracking to everyone.
- Nonchalant Dodge: Whenever Teael tries to hit him, much to her dismay.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Mostly because he can no longer be bothered, he hides the fact he's a magical prodigy under the guise of a wisecracking lazy bum.
- Offscreen Teleportation: His most notable power, which baffles everyone around him. He can disappear and be somewhere else within a literal blink of an eye as long as nobody's looking at him.
- Oh, Crap!: One of the few times he was spooked was when the Undine Assassin's shark familiar tried to take a chomp at his leg.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: He's a phantom with a physical shell who appears as a normal elf thanks to his magic.
- Perpetual Smiler: By default, he sports a goofy, lazy smile.
- Plucky Comic Relief: His primary role during Doctrina Venefica, when he's not getting serious.
- Power Perversion Potential: According to Kyrieleth, he has used his teleportation to peek at the girls' restroom at least once.
- Pungeon Master: He enjoys tormenting Teael with puns.
- The Slacker: Getting him to do anything helpful is a feat in itself. He's usually content to just watch.
- Skull for a Head: See Game Face above.
- Stopped Caring: When he realized wouldn't be able to put Aesleith back together, he stopped caring for everything, considering himself a failure.
- You Can't Go Home Again: Due to having died, and his family being aware of the incident, he can't just walk back home as a restless spirit. It's one of the reasons he Stopped Caring.
A rich and haughty girl coming from a noble family, Vhalra Rasalsain's foul disposition has earned her the antipathy of her colleagues. With Clothovera's arrival, she now feels challenged, and feels she must do something about it at once.
- Alpha Bitch: Popular among the students, but purely because of her noble standing. No one really liked her.
- An Ice Person: Primarily an user of ice magic, something she's quite proud of.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Damon Moirai. Eventually led to a Relationship Upgrade.
- Body Horror: When possessed by Aesleith, a layer of skin grew over her face, obscuring her eyes and mouth from view.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Cold and haughty at first, interacting with Clothovera and Damon eventually leads her to warm up and become a better person in general.
- Demonic Possession: Gets possessed by Aesleith when she starts haunting the Collegium.
- Freudian Excuse: Her terrible disposition stems from her extremely demanding family, who expect only the best from her. She is deathly afraid of failing her authority figures, and as such does whatever possible to maintain her image.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Initially towards Clothovera, who she saw as a threat to her standing in the student body. They got better, though.
- Interspecies Romance: Her boyfriend, Damon, is a half-elf human. Her family doesn't approve of such an union, and is eventually one of the reasons for their Offscreen Breakup.
- According to Kyrieleth, she once had a romantic relationship with a human servant at her estate, which her family really didn't approve of.
- Jerkass: Yickes. She bullied most other students to assert her superiority and showed no regrets for doing so.
- Jerkass with a Heart of Gold: Losing the respect of Osvernal and her other peers forced her to rethink her attitude, and with the help of Damon Moirai, she begun to improve. Later on, she would become the caretaker of the baby dragon Tang-Fu, and by that point, her jerkassery became reserved to those who have it coming.
- Marilyn Maneuver: Damon used wind magic to cause this on her in front of many students so she'd leave his sister alone.
- Morality Pet: Tang-Fu, the baby Lightning Drake currently in her care. Essentially becoming the mother of such an elusive creature has done wonders to improve her disposition.
- Official Couple: With Damon Moirai, after much Belligerent Sexual Tension. It didn't last for long, though.
- Offscreen Breakup: Damon's official description reveals that he and Vhalra broke up sometime after the end of Doctrina Venefica due to pressure from her anti-human family and his casanova tendencies making him a less than faithful partner.
- Privileged Rival: The rich and favoured rival to Clothovera, who was a newcomer who up to that point was living in an actual cave.
- Rich Bitch: At first. Damon and Tang-Fu managed to humble her.
- The Rival: To Clothovera during the first half of Doctrina Venefica. They manage to make up halfway through the story and even became friends, though.
- Took a Level in Kindness: After making up amends with Clothovera, and especially after Tang-Fu hatched in her arms.
A friendly and amiable student of the Arts of Umbramancy, Kyrieleth Morlana claims to come from a minor noble family of Purity's Apogee. In truth, however, she's actually a vampiress from the Nightshade Clan, one who has no interest in causing mayhem; she genuinely just wants to study.
- Absurdly Sharp Claws: In her true vampire form, she has claws in place of fingernails.
- Action Girl: As a Pureblood vampire, she's quite formidable by human terms, going as far as confront Osvernal and Tibias Merrow head-on.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Unfortunately, she's not that powerful, and both Osvernal and Tibias Merrow quickly dispose of her.
- Horny Devils: Downplayed on the horny part. She has a much more controlled libido than her relatives.
- Nice Guy: Quickly became a part of Clothovera's circle of friends thanks to her extremely friendly and helpful demeanor.
- Not Evil, Just Misunderstood: Has no interest in doing anything vampires are typically known for in the Collegium. She just wants to study and learn more about the arts of the Source.
- Official Couple: Hooks up with Pyrath Cindraech at the end of Doctrina Venefica.
- Reluctant Fanservice Girl: Unlike her Horny Devil relatives, she's quite reserved about sexual subjects. The fact she never tried to tempt any of her friends baffles them with they find out what she really is, as she turns out to be quite the eye-candy for them.Pyrath: N-No way there's a... a succubus living with us. ... If ya a succubus, then why haven't ya tried tempting any of us yet?Kyrieleth: C-Can we please not talk about my sex life? I believe what I do behind closed doors is not entirely your business.
An old dwarven mercenary, among the numerous hired by the Collegium to protect the students due to recent times proving too dangerous. He is the bodyguard assigned to Clothovera's student group.
- An Axe to Grind: Fought using two battleaxes.
- Barehanded Blade Block: Charged with lightning magic, he grabbed one of Tibias Merrow's swords with his bare fist and snapped it broken.
- Big Damn Heroes: When Osvernal was about to finish off Damon, he leaped in, mounted on Shambles, and saved the young man before he could be killed.Tyrfing: It's my job to protect the students at this school and you're the one paying me to do it, so... I'll do just that, I think!
- Cultured Warrior: Shown to have extensive knowledge of geology, laughing at his students for not knowing the difference of igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic rocks. Or of silicates, tectosilicates, phyllosilicates, sulfides, oxides, phosphates...
- Dual Wielding: Dual-wields battleaxes as his weapons of choice.
- Eye Scream: Lost one of his eyes to a roc.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Sacrificed himself to save his students from Tibias Merrow at the finale of Doctrina Venefica, despite being hopelessly outmatched.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite his rough exterior, he's not a bad man, and eventually grows fond of Clothovera's group.
- Naked People Are Funny: During the New Year party, he got stark naked, much to everybody else's dismay. Apparently that's how dwarves party.Tyrfing: It's almost night and I'm the only one in my underwear? Bloody hells, I thought you elvenfolk were supposed to be wild.
- Old Master: He's old even for a dwarf, and still up for a fight. Don't mess with his students or he'll teach you a personal lesson in hurt.
- Shock and Awe: His axes are imbued with lightning magic, drawn from runes etched into them.
Tutor Delmar Crowfeather, the Raven
The current Plague Doctor employed by the Collegium for medical reasons, as well as one of the tutors of the Arts of Cryptomancy and Venomancy, Delmar Crowfeather is an eccentric human who always wears his doctor's robes, both for professional reasons and to hide his magical deformities. However, there is more to this beak doctor than meets the eye...
- Bald of Evil: Lost all his hair due to his use of poison magic.
- Body Horror: His use of magic took a toll of his body, as is common for humans, with him losing all his hair and having his skin become wrinkled, making him look far older than he actually is.
- Character Death: Killed by Ennea Ignaura and Clothovera's party the night before the Cult of the Eclipse's arrival.
- Crystal Ball: Always carries one, which he uses as his magical catalyst.
- The Dragon: To Osvernal... or so he thought. His true loyalties belong to Tibias Merrow.
- Expy: Appearance-wise, to the Crystal Sages.
- FaceHeel Turn: He was a decent man once and a friend of Ennea and Aesleith, but was eventually corrupted by the Cult of the Eclipse. The circumstances of his fall are unknown, but are believed to involve the crystal ball he always carries.
- Famous Last Words: "The Delmar you knew... died years ago..."
- Nice Hat: As part of his plague doctor garb, he wore an oversized hat.
- Older Than They Look: He is a man on his 30s, but his magic mutations make him resemble a man on his late 40s or 50s.
- Our Werebeasts Are Different: At full moon, he assumes the form of a monstrous wereraven. Further empowered by the abyssal magic of Vargash, he is not merely a humanoid raven, but also sports the ability to create fleshy appendages as extra limbs.
- Plague Doctor: His profession. The Collegium always has one as its chief of medical affairs.
- Poisonous Person: In Koldenwelt, plague doctors are practitioners of poison magic who use it for the sake of combating diseases, and Delmar was no different.
- Power Floats: He uses his arcane magic to float around, as his legs have become too weak for him to use normally.
- Pure Magic: He specializes in arcane magic, using his Crystal Ball as a magic catalyst.
- Royal Rapier: His melee weapon of choice was a rapier covered in shards of Demon Crystal.
- The Starscream: Was never loyal to Osvernal's cause, and only followed him because he hoped to induct him in the Cult of the Eclipse eventually. When he became too unruly to control, he betrayed him altogether.
- Villainous Breakdown: Suffers from one when Osvernal ruins his chances at peacefully indoctrinating the Collegium's student body. It causes him to assume his werebeast form and enter an Unstoppable Rage.
- Your Head A-Splode: Ennea finished him off by exploding his head with a vortex of fire, as his body was incinerated.
Tutor Prisieth Faemyar
The head of the Arts of Floramancy, Prisieth Faemyar is a close confidant of Vice-Archtutor Osvernal and the object of desire of many students, as she makes ample use of her attractive appearance to ensure she is the center of attention.
- Baleful Polymorph: Due to the implications of killing a teacher, even if an evil one, Szalvetha instead decided to turn Prisieth into a harmless newt with an illegal potion of permanent polymorph, so she'd never harm her friends again.
- Bare Your Midriff: Keeps her stomach fully visible as part of her skimpy outfit.
- Buxom Is Better: Described as having a large bosom, leading to much staring from the boys', and even some from Teael's part.
- The Dragon: To Osvernal Eilenneim, hoping that by following him, she would eventually become Archtutor herself.
- Femme Fatale: Uses her beauty to get what she wants.
- Friends with Benefits: Took Damon Moirai as one, and is implied to have been one with all her Adjutors. It made him easy prey for her mind-controlling spores.
- Green Thumb: A powerful user of nature magic, whose abilities include controlling vines and creating an entire set of wooden armor to defend herself from attackers. Her most notable ability, however, is infecting her victims with spores able to mind-control them into her service.
- Faux Affably Evil: Maintains a friendly composure on the outside, but is actually power-hungry and uncaring to those she had to step on to achieve greatness.
- Honey Trap: Seduces Damon in order to easily control him. According to her, she loves doing this as it makes her feel in control.
- Humiliation Conga: Overwhelmed by Szalvetha's anti-magic, then had her face beaten to a pulp, then was turned into a harmless newt and spent months serving as the test subject of her potions. Then Nyakik, confusing her with just a newt, ate her.
- Killed Off for Real: After spending months as a newt, she was eaten by Nyakik, who had no idea she was once an elf.
- Oh, Crap!: Her reaction to Szalvetha's permanent polymorph potion being more than a bluff.
- Ms. Fanservice: Rivals Ennea Ignaura in beauty, with a tall and curvy body, scantily-clad to make her the center of attention. She uses it to get close and in control of those she wants.
- Mrs. Robinson: Implied to have casual sex with many of her younger Adjutors on a regular basis. She eventually took an interest in Damon too, though her intent was a bit darker than just carnal fun in his case.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Was on the receiving end of one by Szalvetha during their final confrontation.
- Sexy Walk: Her very first appearance had her walk in, swaying her hips provocatively.
- Stripperific: As part of her Honey Trap persona, she's quite scantily-clad, even more so than Ennea Ignaura, with her shoulders, hips, thighs, stomach, legs and arms all exposed, obviously to grab everyone's attention. Lampshaded by the main cast:Teael: ... You implying that ancient noble Aithrenan ceremonial dress code begs for sexual attention?Clothovera: Yes. She shows off her hips to everyone as she walks in.Teael: Alright, good, cus I lied; that's not noble Aithrenan ceremonial dress code. She just dresses like a whore. ... A sexy whore, at that, though.
- She's Got Legs: Her skimpy attire include her large, pale legs being fully visible.
Pyrath Cindraech's older brother and role model, Ferathis is a Third Year student of the Arts of Pyromancy and Alchemy.
- Alchemy Is Magic: Uses alchemical potions to enhance himself, turning into a Draconic Humanoid.
- Big Brother Instinct: He loves Pyrath as much as he loves him, showing great worry when he was wounded during his his first encounter with the Undine Assassin.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Delivered one to a bald bully harassing Szalvetha, much to her amusement.
- Draconic Humanoid: Much like Pyrath, his alchemy allows him to gain draconic traits such as scales, wings and a tail.
- Evil Is Sexy: Invoked. He seems to think so.Ferathis: Hey, evil can be sexy too. I mean, that undine that took a shot at me didn't look half bad herself.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Put himself between the Undine Assassin's shark and his brother in order to buy him time to escape with his life.
- Playing with Fire: He's seen using pyromancy.
- Nice Guy: While intimidating at first glance, it became obvious quickly that he's just as good-natured and fun-loving as Pyrath, going as far as protect his brother's friends from bullies.
A young Pureblood vampire prowling the streets of Purity's Apogee, hunting for sustenance. He hasn't had the best of luck, however, which has made him starve and grow aggressive.
- Big Brother Instinct: Fights Osvernal to a stand still when he realizes his sister Kyrieleth is in danger.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Introduced in Doctrina Venefica as a seemingly minor character who revealed Kyrieleth's nature as a vampire to the main cast, but would much later prove fundamental in the defeat of Osvernal.
- Fantastic Racism: Displays disdain for Derevar elves, which is typical to his clan.
- Our Vampires Are Different: He's a member of the original vampire species, who are a race of mighty bat people. Most of the time, however, he disguises himself as an elven bum.
- The Teetotaler: Hates feeding on drunks, due to a dislike for alcohol in his blood.
A dire wolf who attacked Clothovera's party during one of their quests, it bit into Alhazred and caused him to unleash a blast of necromantic magic upon it, causing it to die and reanimate as a skeleton. After much arguing about its fate, the now undead wolf would become the unofficial mascot of the Collegium after Delmar Crowfeather gave it flesh again.
- All Animals Are Dogs: After reanimation, it has become very dog-like. It's one of the reasons Damon believes it may be brainwashed.
- Angry Guard Dog: Became one to the Collegium after it got a new body.
- Big Damn Heroes: Whenever there's danger inside the Collegium, Shambles leaps in to lend a hand. It jumped at the Undine Assassin's shark familiar to save Clothovera's party, charged the Aether Demon when it threatened the festival, and later on attacked Osvernal while he tried to run away when he was confronted by the protagonists.
- Brainwashed: Due to the way Shambles became entirely tame upon reanimation, Damon believes it has become brainwashed in the process.
- Canis Major: As a dire wolf, it's thrice the size of a common gray wolf.
- Cool Pet: Has become one for Ennea Ignaura, spending its days at her home when not at the Collegium.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Despite being black-furred and undead, it's an Angry Guard Dog at worst.
- Dem Bones: When it was risen, it was a giant animated wolf skeleton, which led to the name "Shambles" being given by Heilen. Later on, it would receive a new layer of skin and fur, though the name stuck by then.
- Dire Beast: A dire wolf.
- Evil-Detecting Dog: Growled at Prisieth when she tried to pet it. As it turns out, she was very evil.
- Fluffy the Terrible: A massive undead black wolf with spikes protruding out of its back, named Shambles.
- Glowing Eyelights of Undeath: As an undead, it has glowing green eyes.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Shambles is essentially a zombie dire wolf, with Black Magic being used to keep it in good shape.
- Scars Are Forever: Got covered in scars after its fight with the Undine Assassin's shark familiar.
Realm of Kormacvarah
The last great hero of the Kormacvarah race and a member of the legendary Dawn Wardens, Alhazred created the Coronaira Whip, an artifact meant to defeat Zran Kar. However, he was defeated himself, and as punishment, turned into a demonic book by Zran Kar. He would eventually fall into the hands of the Moirai coven, awaiting to begin a thousand-year old plan from his master's part. But as it turned out, his new caretakers treated him much better than his supposed master did...
- Amnesiac Hero: Zran Kar wiped out his memories of his Kormacvarah life when he turned him into a demon. He eventually regained them upon gazing at the Coronaira Whip again during War of Vampires.
- Baleful Polymorph: Once a mighty Kormacvarah hero, now he's just a book. Under Clothovera's caring, however, he isn't particularly troubled about it.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Has become fully loyal to Clothovera and her friends, because she treats him as part of her family rather than as just a servant.
- Black Magic: As a hex book, he casts dark magic through hexing incantations.
- The Dragon: To Zran Kar, before his HeelFace Turn.
- Great Big Book of Everything: He is one, and by default, holds an almost infinite amount of information. However, Zran Kar can suppress part of his content at will, very often doing it to Troll Clothovera to make whatever quest she's currently in more difficult.
- HeelFace Turn: Contested Zran Kar during War of Vampires, since Clothovera treated him much better than he had ever done. For it, Zran Kar quickly discarded him.
- Lizard Folk: As a Kormacvarah, he was once a tall reptilian humanoid.
- Our Demons Are Different: In his current incarnation, he's a demon in the shape of a book. According to himself, his cover was produced from leather made out of a lesser demon's skin. As a demon of Zran Kar, the God of Blood, he requires fresh blood as sustenance like a vampire, though he can typically last long periods of time without having to ask Clothovera for some drops unless he's wounded, in which case he needs blood to heal himself.
- The Power of the Sun: Wielded sun magic when he was a Kormacvarah, which he used to create the Coronaira Whip. Unsurprisingly, he lost this power when he became a demon.
- Tome of Eldritch Lore: What he currently is, sans the evil part.
- Was Once a Man: Used to be a Kormacvarah, but now is a demonic hex book.
- Whip It Good: The original creator of the Coronaira Whip, an artifact of incredible power, strong enough to damage the physical forms of evil Simulacra.
The matriarch and presumed first of all Flora Drakes, Márdeirythis rests at the Arboreal Eyrie, taking care of her draconic children. She is welcoming to outsiders, and her forgiving and accepting nature make her one of the most notable great dragons of the world.
- The Ageless: While unconfirmed, her ancient age implies she is among the last true immortals of Koldenwelt.
- The Anti-Nihilist: She acknowledges all that is irrational and wrong within the world, but prefers to observe and feed her attention towards altruism and hope, prohibiting the grim, corrupting nature of the world she resides within to affect her mentality.
- Green Thumb: Her kind embodies nature magic, and she is among the greatest floramancers of the world.
- Large and in Charge: Flora Drakes are the smallest species of True Dragon, generally no more than 8 meters long. Márdeirythis, however, is massive in size, easily towering over any elven race.
- Nice Guy: Gal dragon, even. She is notable for her emphatic, forgiving and merciful nature, more so than any other True Dragon leader.
- Time Abyss: If she is truly the first of her kind, that would put her at around 30,000 years old at least, as the Flora Drakes are said to predate the Aithrena elves.
The king of the Lighting Drakes, Favniru is an old dragon who has roamed the Western Forests for nearly nine millenia. A storm always follows him, lightning strikes against his scales having scorched them black over the ages.
- Distressed Dude: During The Goldhawk Chronicles, the band of heroes finds him in a losing battle with Old Dead Eye, and come to his rescue.
- Red Baron: The Storm King.
- Shock and Awe: Like all Lightning Drakes, he's a draconic embodiment of lightning magic.
- Weather Manipulation: A thunderstorm always follows him, and for that reason, he tends to fly far into the sky so that it may not launch thunder strikes at the ground.
The Aether Drake assigned to watching over the Sovereignty of Dryada, he appears to the elves as the guise of Ediminas of Altava, a Vila elf of tremendous arcane power. He has become one of the most influential of the nation's Esoteric Order, and only a handful of his members, like Ennea Ignaura, are aware of his true nature as a dragon from the stars.
- Breath Weapon: A great stream of pure, raw arcane energy, strong enough to stun Tibias Merrow in his strongest form.
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: Takes the disguise of Ediminas of Altava, a Vila elf, in order to hide his identity as a dragon from the Sovereignty government.
- The Infiltration: Downplayed in that the Sovereignty isn't an evil organization, but it's Edimerath's task to infiltrate it to ensure it doesn't abuse the Source to the point of hurting it.
- Mysterious Past: The members of the Esoteric Order are unaware of Ediminas's past, as they're not aware of any "Altava" family. That's because there isn't one.
- Pure Energy: As an Aether Drake, he's a draconic embodiment of arcane energies. He can manipulate them to a fantastic degree himself, creating the illusion of a starry sky without much effort and empowering an entire army with his energies when fighting the Cult of the Eclipse.
A chieftain of a group of Varkorian goblins harassing the outskirts of Purity's Apogee, Gretchbite and his minions are considered annoyances at worst. Still, every once in a while, he needs to be taught a lesson.
- Blade on a Stick: Wields a copper spear to stab elves with.
- Call a Smeerp a "Rabbit": He doesn't seem to know the difference between elves and humans, calling them both "hyumans".
- Cool Helmet: Made out of the skull of an elk.
- Horse of a Different Color: Rides on the back of a giant frilled lizard, described as having the twice the length of a horse.
- I Am A Humanitarian: Often talks about wanting to eat elves.
- Sssssnaketalk: Even though he's not a sssnake, he talksss like thisss in certain words.
The Undine Assassin
A mysterious undine assassin under the employ of Osvernal Eilenneim, she was responsible for the great Collegium massacre of 34 NA, leading to the deaths of countless students and staff.
- Arc Villain: Of the first half of Doctrina Venefica.
- Buxom Is Better: Described as having a generous bosom.
- The Dragon: To Osvernal Eilenneim.
- Enigmatic Minion: Her motivations and reasons to do what she did remain unknown.
- Familiar: A massive shark, who can hide in bodies of water and fly through rain.
- Full-Frontal Assault: Walks around with her large breasts fully exposed.
- Killed Offscreen: Killed by Delmar Crowfeather after her arrest, in order to ensure she would not spill the beans about her connections to Osvernal.
- Kiss of Death: Delivered one to Pyrath during their confrontation, causing him to slowly lose his breath and run out of air. Only by Vhalra's arrival did he not die on the spot.
- Making a Splash: A very potent hydromancer, she can manipulate bodies of water from a distance and launch concentrated blasts from her fingers potent enough to resemble bullets, making perfect holes through flesh and bone.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Was on the receiving end of one by Pyrath during their final confrontation, leading to her arrest.
- No Name Given: She was never named, and the characters only ever referred to her as "the undine" or "the assassin".
- Professional Killer: An assassin perfectly willing to massacre the young and old alike.
- Threatening Shark: Her familiar, who's a giant shark.