Super High School Level Comic Book Collector
Ame Akiyoshi is more than just a fan of comics and manga. The young man has gone out of his way to amass an impressive collection of books and merchandise. Hes gotten his hands on every issue put out by all the big companies, no matter how obscure, topping it all off with knowledge of all kinds of lore and trivia. If you have something he wants, he knows exactly how to get it from you. Turns out he has a secret identity.
- Alliterative Name: Ame Akiyoshi's first and last name start with the same sounds, just like all his favorite superheroes.
- Always Save the Girl: His motivation for killing Kyohei. After learning that Kyohei may kill Sparrow—whom he was protecting as the Guardian—he decided to act first.
- Badass Bookworm: Ame took martial arts as a child to protect himself on the streets. He uses these skills to fight crime.
- Bookworm: If he's not asleep or doing a trial, he's cooped up somewhere reading.
- Exhausted Eye Bags: His irregular sleep schedule causes him to look tired most of the time.
- Geek: His talent is collecting comic books.
- Hammerspace: Ame keeps everything in his backpack. Including, but not limited to, comic books, scratch paper, spare change, pens/pencils, spare glasses, to-do list, and "Blindspot" costume. UPDATE: This trope applies more literally now that Keisha had it turned into a Bag of Holding.
- Meaningful Name: This applies to Ame's entire family. Ame's father is named Akira, and his mother is named Yuki. Ame means rain, Yuki means snow, and the kanji in the name Akira means clear.
- Stoic Spectacles: Wears simple eye glasses, even though his vision isn't that bad.
Super High School Level Darts Player
Hikaru Hoshi came out of nowhere a few years ago to win a darts competition in Roppongi, Tokyo. Since then, hes been competing all over Japan, gaining a reputation as being unbeatable. Its said hes a gracious winner who is always polite to his rivals, even if he seems a little stiff and formal in interviews. Nothing of his private life is known, and he is rarely seen when not at a darts-related event.
- Alliterative Name: Hikaru Hoshi. It's an alias. It's really Hikaru Suzuki.
- Japanese Politeness: To an extreme; addresses everyone with the honorific "-sama".
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Acts very differently, insulting and looking down upon people in the mastermind trial. It's a ruse to get people to vote for him.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: He wears a bowtie and a waistcoat.
Super High School Level Mathematician
Ever since Harumi began preschool, he had always gotten perfect scores in mathematics and its various sub-categories. He was often the person to go to if you wanted help on the subject. The boy graduated from schoolyard tutoring to hosting his own website for math help. It wouldve been a quiet affair had not one person tried to play a prank on him. One of the more well versed math geeks sent him one of the Millennium Prize Problems to solve for a term paper. Harumi solved it in a week. The resulting proof awarded him $1,000,000 and the title of the youngest person to solve one of these conjectures, catching the eyes of the prestigious Hopes Peak Academy.
Keisha "Q-BALL" Deering
Super High School Level Insomniac
Keisha Q-BALL Deering is a powerhouse when it comes to anything in text, sought out even by professional writers to proofread and edit their work. Experience means everything in that industry, which she has more of than your common publishing house rookie due to a rather unusual biological quirk: she does not require sleep. Armed with at least an extra eight hours a day to perform tasks than your average human, she quickly developed her skills and knowledge base. As mainly an internet persona who values their privacy, the public releasing of HPA Roster is the first instance revealing her identity.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Keisha's pansexual and has dated a few women, as well as men.
- Gamer Chick: In addition to her editing prowess, she is also a top-tier player in quite a few MMORPG's. For the Horde!
- Smoking Is Cool: Keisha smokes like a chimney, but when it'll get her in trouble she substitutes coffee.
Super High School Level Prankster
Nobody really would have guessed a little girl from Shikoku would end up the nations icon for trickery and foul play. From buckets looming over doors to pins in chairs to tar and feathers, Saiko Edano is Japans national prank master. She started online with videos of people falling for her traps, unsuspecting people walking headlong into hilarity With millions of views on her videos and innovative ideas, she really is impressive for what she does. Pranks may seem childish to some, but there is a serious work that has to go behind planning them! Her talents have even been called upon by some reality show hosts in need of some good traps for contestants to fall into.
- Meaningful Name: Her name means 'intelligent child', and her father named her that on purpose.
- Sibling Rivalry: She's got a one-sided rivalry with Takeo, who was her professional training dummy when she was perfecting the art of pranking.
Super High School Level Lolita Fashion Model
A popular name in the Lolita world, Momoe Furugawa has been on countless fashion blogs and a few recent documentaries on the actual fashion and culture of Lolita. With a sweet personality she seems to draw people to her, and she often tells of how much she enjoys her profession and the freedom it gives her to express herself in these outfits. Her skill is only matched by professionals- Something few teenagers her age can claim to. Having design as something she adores, and the fame as something she enjoys, this Fashionista is not easily matched.
- Every Girl Is Cuter with Hair Decs: Her roster picture shows her with a bow in her hair Of course if she actually brought that outfit with her is left vague.
- Meaningful Name: "Hundred Blessings, Old River"
- The Fashionista: She's a model and clothing maker by trade, she keeps up with all the trends she can.
Super High School Level Hacky Sacker
Born in Okinawa to a working class family, Aimi Yokata only ever started to use hacky sacks as a hobby, something she never really told anyone about. However, when she started posting tutorial videos about how to perform difficult tricks, people took notice! After exiting a few small contests within her own prefecture with several avalanche victories, her friends and viewers pushed her to try in Japan wide contests. Despite taking victory in a country-wide contest out of pretty much nowhere, major media outlets didn't really pick up on her until she quietly broke the world record for the longest time anyones ever had a hacky sack in the air- she managed to keep it going for eight hours, five minutes, and twenty two seconds! After that announcement brought a certain amount of recognition to her, it wasn't much of a surprise when Aimi was recruited by Hopes Peak Academy.
Super High School Level Dog Groomer
If youre looking for someone to fancy up your dog, Takumi Minatoyas your guy for the job! Starting with a small grooming place in the heart of Shinjuku, Takumi has suddenly grown and become one of the most sought after dog groomers by Tokyo dog show contestants in the past year. With an obvious passion for dogs, it's no wonder that hes so good at what he does!
- Canine Companion: Back at home, Takumi has a Japanese Spitz named Hiroyuki who he loves a whole lot.
- Consummate Liar: Takumi is more than often lying about things when he talks to other people.
- Despair Event Horizon: Takumi gets much sadder than he usually is after his Kyohei, his friend, is murdered.
- Japanese Politeness: He often refers to feminine people as Oujo-sama.
- Mellow Fellow: He can be pretty calm in most situations.
- Multicoloured Hair: His hair is a mix of pink and black.
- Verbal Tic: Sometimes adds 'woof woof' or 'keheheh' to the end of his sentences; he used 'nya' at the end of sentences in one incident.
Rémy St. Valentine
Super High School Level Paranormal Investigator
Having been uploading videos and posts about their investigations since the age of fifteen, Rémy St. Valentine recently gained recognition by testifying at a controversial court case regarding a boy who was injured during an attempted exorcism. The case was a hot topic for a short amount of time, causing many heated debates between the spiritual and medical communities. Rémys involvement caused their popularity to skyrocket for a time, their videos and posts more than tripling in views. Not only did they end up publishing a book detailing the events that led up to the court case, but they were offered a job with one of the top paranormal investigation companies in Japan. Shockingly, they turned the company down, saying they prefer to work alone.
- TechnicolorEyes: Some sort of pink-purple color
A wolf-like creature who forces the students into the mutual killing game.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Despite forcing the students into a mutual killing game, he shows a lot of respect for the dead.
- Killer Rabbit: A two foot tall fluffy and bipedal wolf that's absolutely adorable...who's also forcing eighteen students to kill each other.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Can change between his bipedal form and direwolf form at will.