This page is for the Voodoo Pantheon deities that are playable in Smite. The entirety of any God's lore can be found on the official Smite website.
The Voodoo Pantheon has no Warriors so far.
The Voodoo Pantheon has no Guardians so far.
Baron Samedi is a Mage god that can provide supportive capabilities while within the heat of battle. His passive, Hysteria, applies Hysteria to enemies hit by his basic attacks and abilities. When fully stacked, Hysteria causes targets to take 25% additional damage from Baron Samedi. Additionally, Baron and his team have access to the exclusive consumable item Baron's Brew; it restores health and mana on use, and has 3 charges that can be refilled in the Fountain. Baron's first ability, Vivid Gaze, summons two skulls to fire magic lasers, dealing damage. The lasers cross paths where Baron targets, and those hit by both take 15% additional damage. Targets with 30 stacks of Hysteria will also have their physical power, magical power, and attack speed reduced. Baron's second ability, Consign Spirits, buries souls in a target AOE that damages enemies. If an enemy god is hit, friendly spirits are raised up, healing Baron and nearby allies for a percentage of the target's missing health. If the target has 30 Hysteria, then the friendly spirits will also cleanse slows, provide slow immunity, and increase movement speed. His third ability, Wrap It Up, throws his snake forward, wrapping around the first enemy god hit. The target takes damage over several seconds and is briefly slowed before being rooted. If the target has 30 Hysteria, then the snake will lash out at nearby enemy gods; this applies a venom that slows the target before rooting, and deals the full damage immediately once rooted. Baron's ultimate, Life of the Party, summons a coffin and pulls the souls of enemy gods in a cone in front of him, pulling and dealing DOT in the process. If an enemy god is pulled close enough to the coffin, then the target's soul is fully ripped out, dealing massive damage, stunning, and applying max Hysteria. The pull's strength is increased for targets with 30 Hysteria, and the effect lasts for several seconds or until a target is successfully pulled to the coffin.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Samedi enters the fray decked out quite a dapper ensemble.
- Dark Is Not Evil: In mythology, he's one of the poster boys for this trope, which is carried over into Smite. To him, the afterlife is one big party.
- Don't Fear the Reaper: He's most likely the friendliest of the Death Gods in the game.
- Fun Personified: As stated in the Lore section of his God Reveal video, even a god of death can be the life of the party.
- Glass Cannon: He has no escape, but thanks in part to his passive, he can dish out pretty admirable damage and his ultimate is one of the most difficult to escape.
- Hollywood Voodoo: Very downplayed, but one of his jokes does make reference to voodoo dolls.
The Voodoo Pantheon has no Assassins so far.
The Voodoo Pantheon has no Hunters so far.