The series Smashtasm has a small cast of quirky and fun characters. It includes:
Tropes Associated with Super 64:
- Accidental Hero
- 11th-Hour Superpower: For his duel against Killa 7, 1337f0x supplies him with a hack that amplifies all his attack values, from damage to recoil distance.
- For Halloween, I Am Going as Myself
- Naïve Newcomer
- Only Sane Man: Sort of. While he isn't exactly sane, compared to everyone else he's this.
Tropes Associated with 1337Fox:
- L33t L1ng0
- Playful Hacker: He hacks the game simply to unearth inaccessible features, and to watch the amusing results of messing with the code in funny ways.
- Funny Foreigner
Tropes Associated with Link:
- Heroic Wannabe
- The Chosen One: Not really, but he believes himself to be "The Hero of Time," epithet of the most famous Link.
She will not return in season 2.
Tropes Associated with Blakberri:
- Cross-Dressing Voices: Plays as Ganondorf, but is female.
- Lightning Bruiser: When she pummels Link offscreen, much of the hits come in pretty fast.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: While you can see her do some pretty nifty moves, most of her fight scenes are more or less offscreen. Her fight with 1337f0x somehow ends in a draw, with Super 64 seen gushing about how awesome it was in the aftermath.
Will not return in season 2.
Tropes Associated with Princerok:
- Berserk Button: A more subdued example— "Did you just call me Irish?"
- The Cameo: Along with Pimpachu.
Will not return in season 2, because people complain that the actor is a "Poser", when that was the entire point, along with Shippiddge finding his voice actor annoying.
Tropes Associated with Pimpachu:
- Berserk Button: Never call him a poser, or he will tell Lamp to destroy your confidence.
- The Cameo: Along with Princerok.
Tropes Associated with Lamp:
- Ascended Extra: He plays a minor role in season 1, but gets a more major role in season 2.
- Characterization Marches On: He's more or less just Dumb Muscle in Season 1, but Season 2 shows him to be much more out there than first seen.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: He is just that strange.
Tropes Associated with Mewzero/Luzerio:
- Ambiguously Gay: In the crossover Beans, he implies he may be gay.
Tropes Associated with PrincessH:
- Ax-Crazy: Implied several times. Also it can be heard from the Racist Mickey character in episode 4 that she's killing him.
- HeelFace Turn
- Informed Judaism: The "H" originally stood for Hebrew.
- Split Personality: Implied when she mentions one side of her brain telling her to do something violent.
Tropes Associated with Greg:
- Big Bad: Of Season 1 (and, as it turns out, season 2 as well).
- Characterization Marches On: He gains more Deadpan Snarker traits, as well as some Chessmaster aspects in Season 2.
- The Cracker: He wants to use his hacks to defeat all the best legitimate players and control the game world free from retribution from the admins.
- Evil Counterpart: To 1337Fox, his student. Whereas 1337Fox does his hacking for fun, Greg wants to take over Smashtasm with hacks.
- Knight of Cerebus: Downplayed. The series still remains comedic, Greg even having his own humorous traits (much of them more or less being 1337Fox's), though Greg's appearances raise the scale and stakes.
- Administrator powers prove useless against him while he's currently in a server with his hacks enabled—he has to be K.O.'d and removed from the game, along with his hacks, before he can be banned.
- When Super 64 tries to fight him in season two, as Girem 6, all of his attacks are useless, and the Plot Coupon he had just spent episodes collecting does nothing, as it was just a false-flag meant to get Super 64 to confront him in person.
Tropes Associated with Killa 7:
- Disc-One Final Boss: He's not really even a threat.
- Final Boss: However, he's also the ultimate opponent fought by Super 64 in Season 1, acting on behalf of and with the help of Greg.
- The Dragon: Greg takes him under his wing and turns him into a decent player.
- One-Winged Angel: Greg hacks him a playable Giga Bowser that he uses to duel Super 64.
Tropes Associated with Girem 6:
- Ascended Fanboy: He leads his own team of hackers, Greg was only one hacker by himself and Killa 7. Averted when it turns out that he's Greg.
- Big Bad: Of Season 2.
- Hijacked by Ganon: Turns out he's just Greg using another name.
- Significant Anagram: His screenname. In leetspeak, it's an anagram of 'I'm Greg', the 6 being the second G. This is actually lampshaded.Girem 6: I thought I made it really obvious.
Tropes Associated with Grant:
- Ambiguously Gay: He denies it vehemently, despite the fact that he was flirting with people in an all guys server.
- Harmless Villain: How much? When Grant and Gront were supposed to be guarding a piece of a detonation bomb that could defeat Girem 6, they were busy singing!
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: "Dammit Gront, we are not gay!!"
- Those Two Bad Guys: with Gront.
Tropes Associated with Gront:
Tropes Associated with KingKirb:
- Berserk Button: Never hurt his cousins. EVER.
- Large Ham: He acts like he's a real king even though it's just a game.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Not exactly a weakness, but you can stop him from attacking you if you manage to take off his crown.
Tropes Associated with The Narrator:
- Aroused by Their Voice: Has this opinion of himself. It's never brought up whether other characters might share his opinion since for the most part only the audience can hear him.
- Interactive Narrator: Not usually, but he does get in an argument with PrincessH after her official introduction. Super64 has no idea who she's arguing with.
- Large Ham
- Who Writes This Crap?!: When introducing Girem 6 he manages to read out the basics of his character before realizing he still had three more pages of melodramatic drivel to read out, and then storming out of the recording booth in protest. He also finds Link's gimmick stupid and isn't particularly confident in Lamp's character quirks being funny.