Discworld Characters (Canonical)
In this fic, established canonical characters are written as closely to their canonical personalities as possible. For a full listing of tropes associated with these characters, please go to the associated character sheets for Discworld novels. Here, it will be kept strictly laconic.
- Adora Belle Dearheart: Deadpan Snarker.
- Detritus: Sergeant Rock. Literally.
- Sally von Humpeding: Vampires Are Sex Goddesses
- Carrot Ironfoundersson
- Cheery Littlebottom Our Dwarfs Are Different.
- Lord Donald Downeynote
- Gaspode The Wonder Dog
- Precious Jolson: Amazon, perhaps of the Dahomey type.
- Moist von Lipwig: Too Clever by Half
- Foul Ole Ron Signature Scent.
- Ponder Stibbons: a boffin and technologist.
- Victor Tugelbend: Too Clever by Half
- Sam Vimes, Duke of Ankh, Watch Commander, and Blackboard Monitor
- Angua von Überwald: A sort of police dog handler.
- Doreen von Winkling: Vampire Vannabe
Discworld Characters (Ascended Extras)Minor characters in the Discworld, or else very marginal characters referenced once or twice in Canon who may only have had the smallest speaking parts, or else none at all. Expanded by the author and fleshed out.
- André Loudweather
- Johanna Smith-Rhodes
That dem' gel is too fond of blowing things up, if you ask me! - an un-named Lord, possibly Ronald Rust.
- from Howondaland
- from White Howondaland
- Girly Bruiser
- Greeneyed Redhead
- HeelFace Turn: she began as an Expy of a typical Afrikaaner, a white "South African", with some illiberal ideas concerning the status and worth of non-white people. Ten years in Ankh-Morpork have changed her to the point where she treats black people as equals and has black friends; she is now, very guardedly, something of a dissident against apartheid. Vetinari quietly encourages this. He may have some long-term goal in mind.
- Impressive Pyrotechnics: She teaches this skill to senior student Assassins. Indeed, this is the essential skill that brought her to Guild attention in the first place.
- The Right Honourable Miss Alice Band
- Preacher's Kid: she had a spiky and argumentative relationship with the Church of Blind Io and her bishop father. Her godfather and adoptive uncle is Chief Priest Hughnon Ridcully.
- Straight Gay: She's a lesbian, but she doesn't act in the slightest stereotypical.
- Transparent Closet: She does try to keep things about her sexuality on the quiet, but pretty much everyone either knows or suspects.
- Igor, a Rogi
- Jocasta Wiggs
- Slapstick Knows No Gender: in keeping with her canonical appearance, Jocasta ends up liberally covered in crap. A lot.
- Emmanuelle Lapoignard Les Deux-Epées
- Celebrity Paradox: Holtack finds her reminiscent of a whole list of classy French film actresses, including Catherine Deneuve, Jeanne Moreau, Annie Girardot, and Bardot herself. This is oddly intoxicating.
- Belle de Jour: referenced.
- Hot Teacher: most male pupils, and a goodly minority of female ones, are acutely aware of this. She also offers to teach Philip Holtack the use of swords. She stresses that she does not normally take private pupils, but is willing to make an exception in such an intriguing case.
- Estrella Partleigh
Discworld Characters (OC's)Original characters devised by the author from his own Pratchett-guided imagination. Some of whom have taken on a very real life of their own.
- Joan Sanderson-Reeves
- The Dragon: nobody dares cross or contradict her, from the youngest school pupil to some very senior Assassins.
- Grande Dame:
- Klingon Promotion: it has occured to her that she is one of two or three, at most four, Assassins who could feasibly succeed Lord Downey as Guild Master. Downey is nervous; he knows she is a far better poisoner than he is. And she knows this makes him nervous. It amuses her.
- You Are in Command Now; Downey leaves her in charge of the Guild while he is called to conference with Vetinari, and stranded at the palace by civil unrest. She is an extremely effective Acting Guild Mistress.
- Derek Jameson
- Sharon Higgins
- Heidi Van Kruger
- Ruth N'Kweze
- Olga Romanoff
- Russia: Her native country is of course Roundworld's Russia, turned Up to Eleven. She can get quite imperious and commanding - a Grande Dame in embryonic form - as befits a Romanoff.
- Cluster F-Bomb: her language can get rather salty when under pressure and presents a Bilingual Bonus to anyone who understands a little Russian. Govno is the least of it.
- Wrench Wench - her ability with broomsticks.
"Roundworld" CharactersInsofar as the author is aware, almost wholly fictional characters of his own devising. Although some are portmanteaus reflecting aspects of real people he was pleased to know at odd moments during his ongoing earthly existence.
- Captain Alice Band
- Preacher's Kid: her episcopal father is deeply concerned for her but unlike his opposite on the Discworld, is quietly accepting of her lifestyle choices.
- Straight Gay: Like her Discworld counterpart, she's a completely unobtrusive lesbian.
- Corporal Rafael Greenberg
- Denise Holtack
- Psychic Dreams for Everyone: After her brother's funeral, she starts dreaming about him in some Purgatory-style city...
- Philip Holtack
- "Boy" Hughes
- Gerard Francis McElroy
- "Head-Butt" Powell
- Hans "Boer" Ruijterman
- J.J. "47" Williams
- Sergeant Dafydd Williams
- Captain Tim Endion-Williams
- Colonel John Otway-Williams
Cameo Appearances ByFictional characters from other notable Works, and occassional topical references to real people.
- Guilty Her cat.
- An AlienQueen
- The Ankh-Morpork Unidentified Flying Object Research Association