Abraham received a series of threatening text messages from her ex-boyfriend Derek Underwood. Due to this, Abraham decided not to inform Underwood of the pregnancy. It was revealed on the show, that Underwood died in a car accident on December 28th 2008 two months before the birth of his and Abraham's child. In February 2009, Abraham gave birth to Sophia Laurent Abraham.
Throughout the show, the relationship between Abraham and her mother, Debra Danielson, became extremely strained. In January 2010, Danielson was charged with assault in an Iowa court, after a 'physical argument' with Abraham. In the aftermath of this assault, Abraham and her daughter left Danielson's home and moved into an apartment. Abraham attended therapy to work on her relationship with her family. She also discussed her emotions regarding the death of her ex-boyfriend and Sophia's father, Derek.
It is revealed on the show that Underwood's family were unsure about the paternity of Sophia. Abraham took a paternity test and it was revealed that Underwood is indeed Sophia's father. In the aftermath of receiving these results, Abraham faced a lawsuit from Underwood's mother. This lawsuit saw Underwood's mother look for 'grandparents visitation rights'.
In 2011, Abraham enrolled and attended The Institute of Fort Lauderdale with the hopes of graduating with a degree in culinary arts and management. Abraham launched her own pasta sauce line named 'Mommy and Me', with her mother Debra Danielson and grandmother Carmella Danielson. Abraham left school before completing her degree due to "work reasons".
On August 1st 2012, Abraham released her first studio album titled 'My Teenage Dream Ended'. Abraham's music received harsh criticism as her vocals were heavily auto-tuned. Abraham wrote and released a memoir under the same title (My Teenage Dream Ended) and it was released on August 14 2012. Abraham released a second book in December 2012. The book titled 'Passy Perfume' was aimed towards children. Abraham appeared on YouTube show 'The Moms View' in July 2012 and was interviewed about teenage motherhood. Abraham also appeared in popular Youtuber Shane Dawson's video, where she was interviewed by his alternate personality 'Shananay'. Abraham created her own Youtube account in June 2011 and has 23,720 subscribers respectively.
Abraham was sentenced to six months probation in June 2013 for driving under the influence. Abraham hired Pornographic actor James Dean and produced a sex tape. in April 2013, it was reported that Abraham received 1.5 million dollars from Vivid Entertainment, when she sold the material. The sex tape was titled ' Farrah Superstar: Back door Teen Mom'. Despite stating that the sex tape ruined her life, Vivid Entertainment released a second pornographic video titled 'Farrah 2: Back Door and More' - it is reported she received 1 million dollars for it. In September 2013, Abraham created moulds of her breast and private parts for a sex toy line.
In January 2014 Abraham appeared on Season 4 of Couples Therapy. Brian Dawe was due to appear on the show with Abraham, however he stated that Abraham had paid him "to be her on-screen boyfriend'. Dawe did not appear on the show and Abraham was the first person in the shows history to appear on the show alone and not part of couple. Abraham used the time to focus on her relationship with her mother.
Abraham announced in April 2014 that she planned on writing an "erotic romance trilogy". In July 2014 Abraham released her own line of sex toys.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Can bounce from this to ChildrenRaiseYou within a matter of minutes.
- Disappeared Dad: Farrah's boyfriend and father to her daughter, Sophia died in a car accident 2 months before Sophia was born.
- From Bad to Worse: The father of her baby dies in a car crash meaning she is forced to live with her parents again. We learn her mother is physically abusive. '''Then the father's family try to prove that he isn't the father by means of DNA testing. When it's proved that he was the child's father, they try to sue Farrah on grounds of not letting them see the child. It's then shown that Farrah originally wanted an abortion was was emotionally blackmailed by her mother into keeping the child. Outside of the show, Farrah's had a breast augmentation so she can continue modelling and then released a sex tape with a well-known male porn star before entering rehab more recently.
- Little Miss Snarker: Not seen as much when she was a baby, for obvious reasons but Sophia shows shades of this. More so in Teen Mom.
- Mandatory Motherhood: Implied to be Farrah's situation.
- Someone to Remember Him By: Farrah's boyfriend and Sophia's father died before she was born.
- Teen Pregnancy: Farrah became pregnant at the age of 16 while still in high school.
- The Cheerleader: Farrah was a popular and successful cheerleader before becoming pregnant.
- What the Hell, Hero?: All the girls in the show get called out on bad behaviour at some point.
- Who's Your Daddy?: Derek's family didn't believe he was Sophia's dad. Farrah proved he was with a paternity test which only ended up in her being used by the family for not giving them time to spend with their granddaughter.
Maci Bookout, from Chattanooga Tennessee is the mother of Bentley Cadence Edwards. She's described as being a typical overachiever who is also popular, athletic and successful in school. She had goals of going to college after graduating from high school but her plans have been put on hold as we watch her struggle with motherhood, taking online college courses and keeping her relationship going with Bentley's father, Ryan. Maci broke up with Ryan after he failed to help her juggle parenthood, school and get a job. She's gone on to go back to college and is majoring in journalism. She plans to write a book about her experiences as a teen mom. Maci also speaks at local schools about the struggles of becoming a parent at a young age. In December 2014, Maci announced she is pregnant with a daughter fathered by her boyfriend of two years, Taylor Mc Kinney.
- Teen Pregnancy: Maci discovered she was pregnant at the age of 16, The father of her son, Bentley is her ex-fiancee Ryan. At the age of 22, Maci found out she is pregnant with her second child, fathered by her long-term boyfriend, Taylor.
- Domestic Abuse: Amber became violent towards her fiancee, Gary during a heated argument in front of their daughter, Leah resulting in Amber giving him permanent scars and her arrest.
- Teen Pregnancy: Fell pregnant at age 16.
- What the Hell, Hero??: If Amber hadn't have been smacking Gary around, her life may not have turned into a mess and she would probably still have some access to her daughter.
Catelynn moves back in wither her mother who is also dating Tyler's father. She discovers that they are both still angry at her decision to give up their grandchild for adoption.During the season, Tyler and Catelynn move in together along with Tyler's mother and they get engaged. They also get tattoos in honur of their daughter.
Catelynn graduated high school in 2011. She is attending Baker Collge and her major is in social work.
In 2013, it was reported that Tyler and Catelynn had gained custody of of a younger sister after its stated that Catelynn's mom had 'fallen off the wagon'.
It was announced in 2014 that Catelynn was pregnant again. She gave birth to anther daughter on New Years Day 2015 and named her Novalee Reign.
Tyler and Catelynn wrote a book together, titled 'Conquering Chaos' released in March 2015.
- Abusive Parents: Catelynn's mother is shown to be abusive towards her as well as having problems with alcohol.
- Character Development: Catelynn's journey starts with her being a pregnant teenager and making the decision that both herself and her boyfriend, Tyler aren't ready for a child. They make the hard decision to give up their first child for adoption against their own parent's wishes. The series shows them overcoming relationship issues which saw them postpone their own marriage knowing they'd make pre-existing problems worse if they didn't sort them out before committing to marriage. We then see that they've had another daughter and are both happier.
- Flirty Stepsiblings: They were dating way before their parents got together and married. Now they're step-siblings bbut are still in a relationship with children.
- Not Blood Siblings: Tyler and Catelynn were dating before his dad got together and married her mom. Now they're step-siblings..
- Teen Pregnancy: Catelynn was 16 when she found out she was pregnant with her first daughter, Carly who was given up for adoption.